The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: I suck at being OP, Innistradian cursing, flake hugs, Ugin is Illuminooty, the Pog shenanigans begin

Previous thread: Writefagging last time: Fucking tonnes
Venn ignites Seren'mrakul Witches talk Leon and his angelfu Izael's Bio Yaoi Another Flakepoint draft Hilde reference sheet Ussa reference sheet REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/AMxxUTaj
discord.gg/013gVNhXUxwOvYrw6
pastebin.com/B5Tbu2UV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think I managed to get it all this time.

NOPE
Ussa does things Just fucking kill me.

#
I, DIOMEDES, am completely unprepared for anything that requires something other than physical combat. Even his magic its about combat. He can't read a word much less a map.

Anyone he can solve problems non-violently would be a good ally. Not to mention a therapist for his depression.

And speaking of Ussa doing things, here's a sort of part 2 to the last one I posted. She's still on Shandalar, only this time she's investigating the ruins that those big scary Onakke ogres used to live in. It sounds like those guys were real jerks. Only a lewd version this time, I'm afraid, apologies to all you sensitive readers. But to you depraved readers, the lewdness is more lewd this time around. Although the story itself is relatively short.

pastebin.com/AMxxUTaj (LEWD)

Not sure what picture to put here so I'll just re-post her PDF description sheet from last thread.

Nishal gets his ass kicked by countermagic and most black spells, along with wither/infect spells. Which makes Iosha a great ally for him, and the same vice-versa.
Though neither of them have any real response for extended burn fights.

Vronak has a decent ish flake even if it does misuse the word illusion.

>Not to mention a therapist for his depression.
hoot? Isn't that a thing?

If you can get Leon alone he's useless. His entire shtick is "empowered by others". And Flying shit tends to hit him pretty hard if he can't take it down with a lightning helix.

If you:
>Have a Flake
>Have Cockatrice (or are willing to go grab it)
>Like the sound of using your Flake as a custom card in online MTG matches
Then you might want to give Adversary a try. It's a custom format that essentially allows you to create your own custom Vanguard cards, build decks for them and pit them against the Adversaries of other players'.
This isn't strictly Snowflake related, so discussing it in this thread might be disruptive to people who don't care for the idea. Instead, if you have any interest, pop into this Discord server where you'll find all the information you need to play and all of the currently active players.
discord.gg/013gVNhXUxwOvYrw6

Oh hey, what's going on in this thread?

I need to make my therapist flake.

Get in the queue. Serena has the most trauma.

Given the amount of fucked up shit that everyone, even in official lore, has gone through, I imagine a real therapist would have a line thousands of miles long.

She ded

Considering that planeswalkers require a traumatic or highly impactful event for their spark to ignite, most of them likely ignite through horrible events in their lives.

But at least Chandra got over her trauma.

I still have hope.

Thanks a lot angel hitler slut.

Bavara's kind of a therapist. Kind of.

How is owl mom liked so much even though there are no writefaggings with her and her flake sheet isn't even done?

Replacement goldfish for Spidermom.

Nepotism.

Also pictures of her, and that she protects children
And owls are a hoot.

Still a fun read as always.
Too bad our canon mono-G walker isn't as fun to read.

I don't think that word is being used in its propper context here.

We need our own mono flakes group. We already have a blue and green posting, is pog a mono red who is free?

We just now had an an entire circle of mono colored witches.

More than one person has made a cycle of monoflakes.

We litterally just had someone do a cycle of Mono color witches about two or three threads ago. It was Messenger user who made them.

>Trying to write part three.
>Realize I know next to nothing about the finer details of the RTR block.

HELP.

What are you trying to figure out? What happened during the block, or...?

More of how the guilds are interacting based upon Jace's absence.

"...and for once, the Izzet were not accepting responsibility for this!" is a line I'm trying to fit in.

They're probably all just up to their old tricks again. Maybe they're trying a little harder than usual not to cause trouble, since they really don't want Jace to come back.

At the end of the first Ravnica block the Simic were extinct, the Dimir were out in the open, the Golgari, Boros, and Azorious were under new management, the Rakdos, Gruul, Selesnya, and Izzet operated as usual. Teysa made a non-magic guildpact that nobody listened to.
So all the guilds started doing what they do as much as they wanted and started stepping on each other's toes until they almost went full-on Ravnican civil war with each other.

How does that work with Ni-Mizzet again? I understood he doesnt know that planeswalkers exist, but Jace bailed somewhere unknown?

Man, Jace being the living guildpact sucks so much ass.

Jace as the Living Guildpact is a fiasco, because he's supposed to be a major traveling character.

Niv-Mizzet, though a bit unpredictable, typically doesn't try to throw the city into chaos with the intention of doing so. He will authorize science that endangers others though, easily.
At the end of the third book for RtR, after Jace becomes the new Guildpact, Niv flies down and gets up in his face and says "I wish to declare war on the Selesnya Conslave" just to see if Jace's response holds up as law or not. When Jace tells him, nervously, that he's not allowed to do so, Niv takes a moment to think about it, then leaves.

Yeah, it was pretty much done just so we all could know how speshul Jace is.

Niv is so fucking based.

Almost anyone is exciting and charismatic next to Jace.

No we don't.

Alright, after working on it for a bit, I think I'm done with the first story of Thane on Innistrad. It's not really much, but it had to be gotten out of the way.

pastebin.com/B5Tbu2UV

Also I did one of those character sheets for him.

I suppose I should mention that the first half is pretty much the same thing I posted last time, but the second half is new.

oh look, I'm finally getting around to making that Jekyl/Hyde 'walker. here's a first draft, already working on some changes to it.

There's something very ominous about a card ability that just says "When".

I fucked that up. It's supposed to say "When Antiphon, God-Cursed's loyalty is lowered to 0, exile it and return it to the battlefield transformed"

Ominous enough?

Pretty successful draft tonight, I was living the dream.

I still can't believe meld cards are actually the size of two cards, but I guess there's no other way to do it.

fucked up the card the first time, here we go.

update to the card, and a quick "I-haven't-done-a-bio-sheet" bio: Maresh, a native of Theros, hungered after knowledge. One day he decided that the only way to expand his knowledge was to make a deal with a god, and so he approached Keranos to demand he give him enlightenment. Keranos obliged, but with a fatal twist: whenever Maresh slept he would become Antiphon, his base desires personified.

also, I don't have any art. Anyone have anything that they feel would work well for this? really just Greek/Roman stuff, Theros-y feel.

A card that requires something that does nothing in the graveyard is pretty interesting.

Just got my mothafuckin' BOOSTER BOX
Should I post my pulls here or on another thread?

I would like to see the sweet pulls please

I think you should go count your money

Got this from my prize packs.

Alright, I'll post pics every third pack
Grats

fuck it, phone's dead. I'll just type out what I've got so far. Uncommons, rares, and flips only.
>Vampire Cutthroat
>Prying Questions
>Peace of Mind
>Fortunes Favor x2
>Nebelghast Herald
>Spreading Flames
>Vexing Scuttler
>Faith Unbroken
>Eternal Scourge
>Sanctifier of Souls
>Noosegraf Mob
>Docent of Perfection
>Midnight Scavengers
>Lone Rider
>Shrill Howler

Sorry for not keeping you guys up to date, but didn't want to flood the thread
got a tree and Liliana, so it's already worth it

niceu

as you posted that, I got both halves of Chittering Host in the same pack
also got spidermom

REV UP THOSE SPIDER TRIBAL EDH DECKLISTS MOTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAS

you can get multiple DFCs in the same pack in EMN?

Yee boi

Yeah, there are some seeded packs in prerelease boxes that have Gisela and Bruna in the same pack.

that's a lot of hosts. and chittering

did you manage to get one, or were you just at the same table?

Im suprised, given how big she is that Serena would want some dfc. Back pain is a nightmare I guess.

Top: Foils and promo Thalia
Bottom: The tale of the little wizard that could and Identity Theif

>Town'rakul
NOW I'm jealous.

Now is not the time for jealousy
that comes next

Also got like 3-4 Nephalia Academies
and 4 Mythics

Last batch of rares before mythics

We got Liliana, Grafwidow, and Triskaitree.
Hmm... what could be under the spider?

...could it be?
WOAH
IT IS

Nah, I'm fucking with you guys
It is

>spider
....Spider mom? You live?

Fuck, we better fix that.

Okay I don't give a shit what you people think about Murdock user; this guy draws fucking amazingly.

What am I looking at?

And why do you think everyone hates murdock user?

Venn standing over an angel statue.

I never said people hate him, I said I don't care about what other folks think of him because I rREALLY like his art.

Aight. If you say so. But there's an implication in that post somewhere.

Looks like he has a fang
and good for you that you like his art.

Shit. Did you draw that? You should finish it. I like where it's going.

I think that is gaia

So, I was clearing out my image folder of trash, and found this. Sketched it and never finished it. Figured I'd throw it here.

It's Diomedes riding Owlmom like Bellerophon rides Pegasus.

Best girl.

Why do you draw owl mom so much?

Well owlmom is her flake.

So in actual canon MTG lore, how many angels on Innistrad didn't go insane and start slaughtering humanity/joining up with Emrakul? Is Sigarda the only not-evil angel left on the entire plane?

It's implied that Sigarda's flight is still sane, so pretty much just Sigarda and all her gals.

Some things seem to indicate the Flight of Herons as a whole survived and stayed sane, but the flavor text has been hammering "Sigarda is the one and only angel" a bit and the fact they haven't shown a single angel besides Sigarda trying to save the world is kind of pushing the last of her kind interpretation, because what the fuck else does the Flight of Herons have to do that's more important than riding out with their leader to save the world?

This. It's hard to tell if it's just Sigarda or not and it's getting on my nerves. I mean, even if the entire flight is alive, there's what like 20 of them?

>Avacyn goes insane, her insanity spreads like a contagion
>all the other angels fall into madness alongside her with only Sigarda and her flight even being able to resist at all (assuming her flight even still survived to the end of EDM), literal mind control through insanity
>Avacyn is unmade by Sorin, her madness no longer influencing the angels
>angels go even more insane, join forces with Emrakul
Literally why. An AVR-style angel resurgence to help fend off the Eldrazi hordes would have ruled, and you could still have had Gisela and Bruna as the ones that were too far gone already.

Nope, they all either died or signed up with the things so bad the entire rest of Innistrad actually stopped trying to murder humanity and teamed up to beat the shit out of them. Like with every other major creature type in INN, only a small portion joined up with Emrakul and pals, but with the Angels it was possibly ALL BUT ONE.

Why the fuck are the angels more evil than the demons now

>Why the fuck are the angels more evil than the demons now
Muh drama.

I was really, really, really kinda hoping that Avacyn's prayer at the end of SOI would set the angels free and Eldritch Moon would feature the flights having a "what have we done" moment before rallying to redeem themselves and save Innistrad from the Eldrazi.

But nope, muh zombies.

Essentially, it's because Wizards's idea of "cosmic horror" is everyone going completely, murderously insane all at once and a giant purple space octopus starting a tentacle apocalypse. The Eldrazi can't just be some terrifying, subtle presence, everything has to get all fucked up all at once, and because Avacyn's madness was an integral part of the story, they felt a need to have it extend to every other angel, too. Except Sigarda. Somehow.

And speaking of demons, what happened to all the demons? Where'd they all go?

From what I hear, the artbook said the Ashmouth was corrupted by Memerakul, and all the demons there, including Ormendahl, are now Eldrazified and trying to eat the plane or something.

This apparently didn't merit a single fucking card and probably won't even come up in the story, but lord knows we had the room for the full horror show with angels and humans.

Note that no spirits or zombies went on over to Emrakul (no living flesh to corrupt), and how the lack of demons in EDM imply they just went into hiding or the like.

To be fair, Emrakul's influence was actually subtle during set 1 outside of our already knowing it was going to be Emrakul: there were clues (natch) pointing towards it in the artwork and the like (the occasional appearance of the flesh lattice network, the sporadic thing that was messed up enough to really draw attention like Mindwrack Demon or Daring Sleuth, the cultist's main image resembling Emrakul, etc.)

And having it stop being subtle makes sense when Emrakul is now physically on the plane and ridiculously easy to see.

Proof please. You'd think the demons would have been more resistant to Emrakul's influence due to their inherently selfish and self-focused nature.

>outside of our already knowing it was going to be Emrakul
And that's the Achilles heel of the whole thing right there, y'know? I think SOI did a really good job of mechanically conveying a vague, mysterious presence on the plane, it was just all for naught because they couldn't think outside of the mental boxes they'd put themselves into.

And while obviously once a titan has arrived on a plane, its presence should be felt, I think having everything organic in the entirety of Innistrad start growing tentacles all at once is a little excessive and a little lazy. In Lovecraft's work, there was never any sort of mass mutation on a planetary scale, at least not that I can remember. Apocalyptic events, definitely, but never mass mutation specifically, I only remember it being about everyone slowly dying. Sure, sometimes proximity to cosmic forces would cause horrible physical changes (Color out of Space comes to mind, and even then that's more like Ulamog), but usually people were just mentally afflicted, and anything with really pronounced mutations was a product of humanity outright breeding with some sort of otherworldly entity or race (Dunwich Horror, Shadow over Innsmouth). Obviously Wizards can't have Eldrazi going around and breeding with people (as effectively horrifying as that would be), and it's not like they have to take Lovecraft's work as gospel, but my point is that an entire world becoming spaghetti monsters overnight sort of dulls the impact. There's a middle ground between Emrakul as a vague, hinted shadow and Emrakul being all over the place.

>You'd think the demons would have been more resistant to Emrakul's influence due to their inherently selfish and self-focused nature.
No, that would make too much sense. Emrakul's mind control works perfectly all the time on everyone, except for when it doesn't.

>nd all the demons there, including Ormendahl, are now Eldrazified and trying to eat the plane or something.
I smell the plot for Innistrad 3: The Darkness returns.