>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
General's Handbook is coming, will upload asap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pkZbvV5Nzw0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR GORK OR MAYBE MORK

epub or pdf?

Third for Carmine Dragon Best Dragon

First for the Old Ones.

Fluff questions for you all, largely from End Times which I assume is appropriate here.
> What is the relationship between the Old Ones and the Elven Gods? If the Elves are fleeing a shattered world, what does that make the Old Ones?
> Did the 8 realms of magic exist before Chaos destroyed the world? Could you go into a primordial version of Azyr etc. while the Old World was still about?
> Did anybody know that the world could be remade, or did everyone approach the End Times as though it were the end of existence? Did anyone know of Dracothian or the Cycle?

>I wish GW would release new Eshin minis

There were some Eshin models in Silver Tower. If you hunt around ebay you can probably buy them individually for like $15-20

It sure feels good to be part of Order instead of one of the meme factions.

Order is the Trump faction.

>what does that make the Old Ones?

Outsiders that mucked up the elven cycle and brought Chaos too soon to the world.

>Did the 8 realms of magic exist before Chaos destroyed the world?

No, they were created after the Winds of Magic fled the destruction of the old World and metamorphosed into planes of existence that span reality.

>Did anybody know that the world could be remade, or did everyone approach the End Times as though it were the end of existence?

Various Gods and characters knew but they had no idea how exactly.

>2480/2500

>lord celestant on star drake: 600
>Castellant: 100
>heraldor: 120
>venator:120

Carmine Dragon: 480

4 fulminators: 480

2 concussors: 280

3 X 5 liberators

Random curve ball of the day.

Why doesnt gw make faction decks like warmahordes for those who dont care about lore and only focus on match play and point cost?

>> What is the relationship between the Old Ones and the Elven Gods? If the Elves are fleeing a shattered world, what does that make the Old Ones?

Old Ones were ayys.

>> Did the 8 realms of magic exist before Chaos destroyed the world? Could you go into a primordial version of Azyr etc. while the Old World was still about?

No.

>> Did anybody know that the world could be remade, or did everyone approach the End Times as though it were the end of existence? Did anyone know of Dracothian or the Cycle?

No. Lileath knew of the Cycle, but the mortal realms are not that. Her world vanished.

>They gave up their savlation so that you might have it, don't let it be in vain

>Echos of a world long dead, they right not for glory or reward, but for a future they have seen, see it with them

>Help settle the greatest of scores and win rewards better then any gold, freedom from chaos

>a goddess reborn, life itself fights for you and your salvation, don't let her down

Because gw is not trying to be pp wannabes.

Because it would be totally useless and not needed

The only similarity is that Order will make Warhammer great again.

Is 2000point the unfortunate middle child of Sigmar?

1k is fast and fun - its streamlined
2500 is for big scale games and curretnly lasts the same as a normal 1850 40k game

Thoughts?

but chaos has the stump wall

>We're gonna take back the realm of life! We'll build a wall, and make Chaos pay for it!

Help me come up with fluff for a Trumpcast Eternal army.

>I'm going to build a wall between us and the mortal realms.
>all they do is send us their murderers, their thieves, their berserkers.
>we're going to make Azyr great again
>Sigmar/Grungi 2016

You can't stump the Trump.

Which they paid for.

they lost their toupees and that's why they look so upset

They have words. They have the best words.

>MFW I see mournguls are 400 points

Oh boy, Order better prepare your sigass cause it's going to be raw after this.

1000 points is too small

They die to multiple damage weapons pretty hard, they're fairly resistant to common weapons or mortal wound spam.

Their only issue, so to speak, is that they certainly require a bigger points investment to actually kill than what their points value would suggest.

Bring it on! But even if you get that far, prepare for a clenching that will tear it all clean off!

>mfw running a Heartwood Wargrove
I hope you enjoy respawning 20 man squads of Dryads

>hit mourghul with hoarfrost blade
>land shadow wizard spell on it
>relictor lands a storm on it
>260 points of support make big bad monster hits on 6+

He's mean but he's not literally Hitler

The Stumpcast Immortals are lead by Lord Trumpcelsior. They are covered entierly in gold, their plumes are orange and their fabrics looks like tailored business suits. They have also vowed to make Order great again. This is illustrated bythe fact that the Stumpcast Immortals have yet to be beaten by any opponent and they often makes a mockery out the enemy by using their own shortcomings against them.

They actually do, execpt even better. With the Warscrolls app, EVERY unit is but a couple taps away, and everything is sorted. Imagine if Warmachine had a phone app, where you could see every unit.

2d6

>tfw the AoS app is vastly superior to War Room
>tfw I have to pay $9 per faction to even see their rules

Tfw i finally convince friend to play aos thanks to new easy to build sets.

Also retributors in min squads of 5, yes?

Yeah

yuuupp

holy shit anons, make your own thread for /POL-related shit-posting

GW doing good stuff, crazy innit?

also there are rumors if you want to go digital that the AoS app will have a listbuilder you can unlock by grabbing the GHB through there.

When Chaos is sending they're cultists they're not sending their best - they're sending marauders, they're sending beastmen and some, I assume, are good people. #MakeOrderGreatAgain

So 2 Mournguls + a necromancer is probably 100 like all wizards

Are zombies 50 points minimum? if so i guess this will be the go to 'That guy' Undead army at 1k.

What realm do they fight in?

So if I have 6 Dracothian guard do I make 4 fulminators and 2 concussors or 4 concussors and 2 fulminators?

The ones with stars and stripes.

well, you're setting yourself up for sadness in any control-based battleplan, and probably instant failure for escalation.

I'm quite surprised that Orchestra through Ironjawz are one of the most elite armies in the game. Only armies that could be more elite are Mounted Ogres, Extremis Chamber Stormcast, and a Deathlords army.

Went to second biggest LGS in my area
>Hello Sir, I'm newbie and poorfag and I heard you have special paint-and-play tutorial meetings for people like me
>Oh yes, feel free to come, we need as many e9 WH players as possible
>But actually, I want to play AoS - it seems to be newbie-friendly, not THIS expensive and with potential
>Oh, but we are not playing AoS - it's a shit. WHFB is like a chess when Aos is like a checkers with dice spamming. You can play it with your girlfriend or little daughter but it's nothing more
>Oh my. So noone is playing AoS in this city?
>Noone is playing AoS in this voivodeship m8 - if you really want to have some fun with AoS universe you can buy a WH Quest Silver Tower. It's a really great and rewarding game. AoS is... a game and really nothing more

Fuck these all oldfags and their "muh betrayal, muh 30 yeras of history" grousing. I can't blame the seller - he could sell me starter box and other related shit and make some cash on me but instead he just tell me what is the situation with AoS so I didn't waste my money - that was nice. But still - this is completely absurd
>AoS is a shit, it has no point system and WH don't give a shit about players opinions m8
>But didn't they try to make it better in General's handbook?
>Uh oh - I didn't read it but It's still a shit
Sometimes for me as a newbie it looks like "I'm running this store and I don't like a game so noone will play it".

Also fuck me but it seems that x-wing is only way for me to have some fun with minis and battles. I don't really like WHFB/40k or other warmahordes things. AoS is the only paint-and-play game that really draws my attention but I can spend this money on second core set and something like 4 small or 2 big models and play with really big group instead of buying starter set and paints bundle only to torment my gf and listen to her "can we play MtG noooow?"

Orcs. Not Orchestra. Autpcorrect on phon .

>Also fuck me but it seems that x-wing is only way for me to have some fun with minis and battles. I don't really like WHFB/40k or other warmahordes things. AoS is the only paint-and-play game that really draws my attention but I can spend this money on second core set and something like 4 small or 2 big models and play with really big group instead of buying starter set and paints bundle only to torment my gf and listen to her "can we play MtG noooow?"

Yea he sounds like a shite store owner. You might look around to see if there's an Infinity or Guild Ball group near you, both those games are solid fun.

That guy wouldn't get my business.

>MFW almost wanting to paint an army of Stormhost in the colors of the Space Wolves
Would it be too muted for them, or no?

>implying
youtu.be/pkZbvV5Nzw0

Well they do have an official White colored Host so blue greys aren't the most muted color....

A slight tangent, but I don't think the General's Handbook is anything even approaching a fix for the people who don't like this game.

It added points, which were a *massive* gain and not something to be understated. Moreover, apparently the points are actually appropriate, which is a feat that GW has never once accomplished. So credit where credit is due.
However, there are still many, many problems remaining. I would consider it improved, but not fixed until:

> Units can no longer shoot out of their own combat, into a wholly different combat, with no loss of accuracy
> Characters gain some level of protection beyond completely blocked sight
> The return of the fun rules like Miscasts, Psychology and Magic Items

Paint them in 30k colours.

>>Oh yes, feel free to come, we need as many e9 WH players as possible

Oh i can just see the glimmer of desperation and hope in his pig-like eyes upon bleating this shit out.

Dude fuck that store, i still play Fantasy from time to time but that motherfucker reeks of thirst and anti AoS salt.

Fantasy grognards never buy anything new so hopefully he'll fail his quota and get booted. Maybe return when he isn't there, a new manager can do wonders.

>mfw converting a Flesh Eater Courts army with Wulfen heads for the ghouls and Thunderwolf heads on the horrors

You do whatever makes you happy. If you'll excuse me, my army of 50's werewolves needs cute little tails greenstuffed on

psychology already has a precursor with battleshock which will likely be expanded slightly on a new revision, miscasts already sort of exist (there are several spells where failing to cast them by a certain margin is badness), and magic items are making a return in allegiance artefacts.

shooting out of combat with no accuracy loss is something I expect will be fixed in a new revision of the core rules, something like a -1 to hit for models where an enemy is within 3"

the only thing I think really does need to be addressed is hero sniping, currently its a little too easy for how important those heroes can be in matched play lists. at the same time its a problem for nearly all armies which balances it out a little.

>things that never happened the post

Magic items are back and battleshock can matter. Scary monsters typically have a battleshock modifying rule that makes the test threatening.

As far as shooting goes, I agree but LOS fuckery tends to keep engaged ranged units from shooting out anyway and the tabletop meme of having engaged units not being able to shoot doesn't necessarily have to be a universal constant

>I have never been to a salt-infested LGS: The Post: The Movie.

The fuck does this do in the only real way to play?

Wow, AOSfans are suddenly really angry in a lot of threads now for some reason. What's up with that?

I just really like olive drab and the grey-blue colour schemes. I don't know why, and it has nothing to do with /pol/acks. Either way it'll be interesting being a newfag to painting.

Why does this shit keep getting posted? This is probably the 4th time I've seen a post like this in /AoS general/

>I went to a store to play AoS but the store owner says no play 9th/40k/8th/6th edition
>hurr durr retarded store owner

fuck off with this bullshit, it's just as bad as the shitty daemon prince that is constantly posted or the Lord Kroak shit

No, my FLGS loves AoS.

Whats peoples thoughts on this as a 1000pt list?

goblin boss on spider
10x spider riders
10x spider riders
10x spider riders
Arachnarock with Shaman

Looks like a fun tidy little list, only problem I see is expanding into 2000pts with out just saying "add more spiders", as I want to open up things like river trolls and giants, but will have to ditch the Spiderfang Grot alliance

I was thinking any combination of savage orcs, goblins converted to be forest goblins, or ogres with sculpted "tiki masks" to fit the tribal theme.

>You might look around to see if there's an Infinity or Guild Ball group near you, both those games are solid fun
Nah man. I mean - thank you for your advice but for me it was AoS vs X-wing

He was not a bad guy as I said. It is not directly his foult that most of game groups are WHFB extremists - he could just said "yeah m8, take these boxes and these paints and more minis, give me some cash and stay with your shitty painted figures without anyone to play with". But on the other hand, if there is no AoS community in my area, LGSs should make something about this and it's the sellers role to settle something

>Dude fuck that store
There are 3 miniatures-related LGS in my area - one is not selling AoS stuff at all and other two are like I stated in my post, sadly

I feel really bad for you Anons. I mean, you are helpful as fuck and AoS looks just amazing - I want to play it just for its fresh flavour and amazing minis but I can't do it alone. Shame that people are like fucking rocks and they will play with frozen shit only to show how AoS is "terrible". Fuck them and fuck me, I will probably buy this small 3 eternals + paints box only to have something nice on my shelf. Sure, I could buy Tie/fo and 2 boosters for this cash but autism is strong with this one here

Look up guides where you can, and practicing that shit is the only way to get better at it. Good luck user.

No problem, hope you find something engaging out there.

Think what you want user, I wish it wasn't a true situation that happened in two LGSs

since the first rule of one is a thing, it makes the summon spells you do cast a lot more effective. with the way its worded you still need to pay points for everything, but the units you summon are a LOT more likely to be properly useful. especially in a case like
>summon mornghul
>800 points for 2 in a single turn

Man, where I said that store owner is retarded? Start reading before posting m9
> I can't blame the seller - he could sell me starter box and other related shit and make some cash on me but instead he just tell me what is the situation with AoS so I didn't waste my money - that was nice

Well, the few people who play AoS have been radicalised by all they hate that's thrown at them.

Generals Handbook comes out, and fixes the fact that the game was worthless for pickup games... Without actually fixing any of the crippling flaws of the scrawled-on-the-back-of-a-napkin-by-an-intern-on-lunch-break tier system.

This leads to straw grasping "OUR GAME IS GOING FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH, SALTY WARHAMMER FANS BTFO" rhetoric from the borderline fundies who can't parse that their ability to enjoy a shit system doesn't mean there's actual quality to be mined from it.

Or you could just... Field two mornghuls

Are you mad enough at a game that you start making stuff up when other people enjoy it?

There's shitty people on both ends. Don't act like nobody has ever gone out and trolled a thread with pro-AoS rhetoric, because we both know that's not true.

Just ignore the fuckheads and play whatever game you have the most fun with.

projecting much?

I started playing a week ago, after digging some elves out of storage they've been in for a decade. sure the complexity in AoS isn't as deep right now as WHF, but the game itself is fun and the current decisions being made by GW are actually good, which gives me hope that there will be continued solid improvement, especially whenever they hit a second revision of the rules.

the separation of unit entries, the core rules, and the points listing means that it will be much easier to keep improving the system as a whole instead of the old piecemeal structure of WHFB.

there are plenty of flaws right now too, summoning in matched isn't quite in the right place, hero sniping is a problem leading many people to favor behemoths for generals, and the change of initiative after the first round is crippling for multiple army styles.

calling people radicals for having hope of improvement when there is a decent record of it is just dumb.

Should I play Flesh Eaters or Daemons, /AoSG/?

>hero sniping is a problem leading many people to favor behemoths for generals

this is done on purpose by GW to sell those +$100 kits

Why do newfriends act like general threads are a cohesive tribal association that wage war on each other

You can use daemons in AoS, All whfb equivalents, and 40k.

Also daemons are cool.

>free guild general on Griffin costs $43 ish after 20% discount
>still in top 3 generic monster leader tier

People like having a boogeyman to chase, and a "united enemy" to attack.

But in reality, we're just a shitload of nerds playing with dolls, and literally nobody outside our niche hobby knows the difference between our two groups. It's a stupid arguement to have.

As much as I care that they gave up on a proper mass battle system instead of trying to fix it (and whilst 8th is technically an improvement over AoS in that actual effort was put into constructing it, I ain't deluding myself it wasn't an unfun shitshow)...

If AoS was a passable quality game I'd be playing it. Not like I don't have the models. Not like you need to use their fluff, could play in the old world and ridicule Stormcast players for their shit taste if you wanted.

And hell, even if I did want to play it, where would I find an opponent? You know how many AoS players showed up to the last store tournament for it at the local GW?

Four.

maybe, maybe not.

a huge chunk of the rules wrinkles and problems in both WHFB and 40k come from the ability to join heroes to other units, something that was easily sidestepped when writing a simplistic rules system by buffing hero durability and just not having to write in a system for them to join units.

40k is the most obvious example of the number of problems that arise from the "can join units" case.

some examples:
>would lead to needing rules for dealing with mixed saves
>would need rules for joining/leaving
>allowance or prohibition for characters joining other characters
>split pile-ins and coherency in combats
>and many more

Then don't, it's just a game.

Buddy, you can have a high quality low complexity game. You can have a high quality low page count game.

The issue is that making such a game to a passable quality standard takes -more- effort than making a large game. GW used four pages as an excuse to put in almost -zero- effort.

I think it could be alleviated by just putting in a "Look out Sir!" Equivalent that requires same allegiance

No, I think it's just people shitposting to create drama and spergs being spergs. AoS is also getting more popular because people are getting fed up with how poorly 40k rules are designed. When something becomes more popular it attracts shitheads by the quantity.

>++Straight outta Hellpit It's the official Forge World Round up++

>Riderless Brood Horror - 120
Cockatrice tier budget Behemoth. The poor man's Abomination, too bad it lacks the Moulder keyword, but at least it can self-heal 7/10

>Warlord upon Brood Horror - 200
Pushing Verminlord pricetag and not really pulling it's weight. Might find a place in Verminus armies 1+ Bravery is nice, and makes a decent 8 wound general 6/10

>Wolf Rats (5) - 100
Fast as hell flanking unit. Too bad these dire-wolf wannabe's will only be running off the table with a piss poor Bravery 4 and 6+ save. Fearless in combat sure, and easily out-running the packmaster that CAN whip them. (That is bad) Leave the artillery hunting to those sneaky Gutter-Rats 4/10

Now return to your burrow-warrens, for that is all you hear-listen. Looks like the man-thing forge-smiths have left poor Skaven high and dry...Battletome: Clan Eshin when?!

What's a good big monster for death? I'm thinking of grabbing a coven throne but if there's anything better I'll pick that up instead.

> Shooting attacks cannot be directed at a character if line-of-sight to the model is at least partially blocked by a non-character model.
> This restriction does not apply if the character has the 'Monster' keyword.
> Characters who lack the 'Infantry' keyword cannot be protected by infantry.

You don't have to fuck around with joining units, it's literally as simple as stopping them from being shot away.
This would be a whole lot easier if bases were still a thing, because then you can draw LoS through the footprint.

>AoS is also getting more popular because people are getting fed up with how poorly 40k rules are designed.

>People fed up with a bloated game with no balance are fleeing to a game with core rules only one step up from "Just do whatever lol" over a picture of a shrugging dwarf

People are stupid.

Mournghul. Full stop

>He thinks joining units is any more complex than "If a character is standing in unit, he can't be targeted unless he's the closest model, and may have a rule that causes a buff to the joined unit whilst he lives"

Seriously just bugger off dude. If you hate something then don't spend hours telling people about it. Just do something else with your life.

>No negativity allowed in hugbox general

How are your melted dark elves bro?

Nah, he is right. Your posts don't contribute anything. You are just here to start shit like an attention parasite.

>I-I-I'm not mad
>lol you've been t-trolled, losers

40k players, gentlemen