We weren't supposed to go avove 7k this year. How long till the crash and couple years of stagnating?

We weren't supposed to go avove 7k this year. How long till the crash and couple years of stagnating?

Hopefully really soon. I unironically want to go back to day trading alts in a sideways market. This is not comfy at all

december 10th. first day of futures.

Normies have bought in. How can the prices possibly increase from here on out? If you haven't sold 100% of your BTC in the next week you're a fucking moron and are going to be telling your grandkids about how you were almost a millionaire but lost it all.

Peak at $25000 before the end of 2018. Screencap this.

>Bitcoin goes sideways
>comfy alt trading making 100% gains on trades

>Bitcoin goes up 10%
>Alts down 50%

Fuck this

>Total market cap 200 bn

Normies isn't one person with a fixed allowance idiot. Crypto is like fucking cocaine, Americans have all these repressed gambling addictions due to gambling being illegal, Americans used to spend 60+ billion betting on NFL, and theyve now been given crypto (right when NFL popularity is declining) which is like 24/7 gambling. They're gonna lose all their money and fucking DOUBLE DOWN.

Not to mention all the usual explanations about how as more transactions are displaced (think Western union type shit) with bitcoin the price will go up. Also third worlders are going to start literally putting their life savings in crypto, the 500 million south americans if they put in 10 USD on average, thats another 5 bn into the market cap.

Basically lots of room to grow dumbass.

>due to gambling being illegal

not illegal everywhere, dude

>the 500 million south americans if they put in 10 USD on average, thats another 5 bn into the market cap.
People are so ignorant about the entry of the third world into this space. And then without the boot of predatory imf loans on their neck they might be able to develop robust economies further fueling the growth.

this isnt wall street pussy, we dont move at the boomers pace.

nice graph I've never seen a log time axis is there a qualitative reasoning behind using one?

post more

Linear correlation is higher with this one. I appears that bitcoin is growing in a polynomial manner rather than exponentially. In this domain you can fit lines that incorporate that fact. It also looks like bull and bear markets are taking longer and longer.

What more do you want?

only improvement would be to put the y axis in gold as it is a more constant measure of purchasing power than usd

pic related says this is the top fairly convincingly?

tits

so dip incoming ?

forgot pic

That happens all the time idiot.

>mfw I remember exactly where I was at certain moments on this graph.

charts my man

>It also looks like bull and bear markets are taking longer and longer.
so next bear 10 years instead of 2?

Ya I bet scratch offs really give you that rush don't they?

Gold about matches inflation in the long but in the short term its more of an indicator of market fear. If you want to account for inflation it's probably better just to use an inflation index. But I doubt that's necessary because bitcoin moves much faster than inflation.

Also the time axis can be shifted to give a better linear correlation.

If I had to guess, I'd say its a 5 year bear market if the trend continues. Back down to about $3k.

What chart could I make that tells you more than that one?

how did you calculate the time axis?
estimate on the peak of the bull run after the 5 year bear?

Putting the start of time about a year before bitcoin started to go up gave about the highest linear correlation.

Can't wait for the normie tears.
>but dad, facebook said it would go to 1 mil by eoy
>where's my retirement fund, son?

>>where's my retirement fund, son?

Maybe like 5-6 years of slow growth and 6-7 years of unsustainable growth that is still slower than what we have right now. But trying to predict that far ahead based on a pattern that's only repeated for a few iterations is kind of silly.

yeah, fair enough. thanks for the charts anyway mate. never seen log time before.

have you charted any alts or the total crypto cap like this?

Log-log graphs are really useful when you have polynomial growth.

The alts don't go back far enough to show patterns of the same scale, but if you know where I can get the data for the total cap I'll try that.

i've been log-logging bitcoin in my head since 2014. figured i'd just keep it to myself. in retrospect if I had talked about it I would have paid more attention and started my withdrawal process a little bit later than I did.

nice man i'll be looking into those log-log graphs for sure
as for data it's probably on bitcoinaverage or i guess you could scrape it from coinmarketcap somehow. i know they have a 'global' ticker for their api.

coinmarketcap is the only source that I know of.