Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Preview of Gareth's latest writing:
fanficmaker.com/#ffv3_Pathfinder General%2CQANON%2Cfemale%2CDSP%2CPathfinder%2C%2Fpfg%2F%2C%2Ftg%2F%2CForrest%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2Cthe kitsune%2Cthe blinkling%2Ctrue%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2C2hu%2Ctrue%2Cautism%2CFantasyEra%2CHero%2CVillain%2C%2C(%7C%7Cc%3D0)%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C1469196799599%2CLord Gareth

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy8ymz?Houserule-Handbooks-Spellpoints-Compilation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So recently I have had to step back several times and tell players:
>You realize you're all acting like sociopaths, right? You're not acting like how a sane person would.

I've had to do this after they do something insane then get confused when people treat them like a group of immoral mercenaries who only live for the kill. Essentially when they take murderhoboing to the extreme.

Did Gareth fuck your girl or something?

So I've made a character with a large family. How reasonable is it for me to make some members of this family have PC class levels? I can post a family tree if need be.

Aw, user misses their tripfags.

What did they do?

Well guys, it's time actually finish a real campaign (Kingmaker, FYI). The final session of my group's Pathfinder campaign is starting, and we're pulling an all-nighter session to get it done. Wish us luck! A TPK here would be awfully disappointing.

Not unreasonable, especially if the family has some kind of strong martial/magical/whatever tradition that the kids are expected to uphold.

Is it august yet? I want those guys back.

Good luck, user! May your justice prevail! Or, if you're not actually all that big on justice, may your meaningful concept of choice prevail!

I've had a player break down recently in one of the games I'm in. He keeps saying he's being bullied and basically fursecuted. He plays his fursona Kitsune gunslinger and a bunch of useless dips b/c he wants a familiar, deals low dam and tries to act like some kind of "hold my beer" coolguy loner.

Since he's been first level, he has been constantly fucking up every adventure he's been in, often with untimely intimidate rolls when we already had a situation under control, or one time, firing into the air with his pistol to scare away villagers that had captured a lizardfolk shaman when we had been lost in swamps for weeks and were in dire need of healing. During our escape with the Shaman, he tried to intimidated it by telling it 'I've saved you, therefore you owe me a big favor', to which the Shaman just shrugged off and abandonned the party by jumping into swampwater, effectively ruining both sides of the quest in less than ten minutes. Then his character died on the way back (we were third level), and he kept crying and begging for a rezz rather than reroll a char because "I've been working on this character for over a year and I don't wanna play any other character"

His character has been known to go so far as to send his familiar outside a zone of silence to voice a complaint after his character had been muted during a war council, and basically ruining every encounter he's been a part of in general for the sake of 'looking cool' and being a loner

I'm actually the only good-aligned PC. I'm not lawful, though- neutral. My intelligent CN sword thinks I'm CG though, thanks to a really good UMD skill.

T! P! K!
T! P! K!
TPK TPK TPK!

...One of these posts is not like the other.

Acid user is clearly talking about how to deal with 2hu

better?

>CN intelligent item thinks you're CG
>you're NG
>final session

I'm calling it here: at some point, you will think that sword is going to fuck you over, and it will.

I already have a small suspicion it will happen, because the sword has amnesia.

>intelligent weapon
>"it has amnesia"

Dude that sword is gonna stab you in the ass and the GM already knows when, where, and for how long.

Asking again from previous topic:

paizo.com/products/btpy8ymz?Houserule-Handbooks-Spellpoints-Compilation

Anyone ever heard anything about this?

So TL;DR a player is 2edgy5me with shit mechanics in game, and in real life he's a whiny loser? Tell the GM he is ruining the game for everyone and that is why you don't like him. Tell him to play a character he understands as he does not understand how to interact with people as a "cool loner" character. If you wanna be even nicer tell him to watch some classic westerns or maybe something else you know that has loner types if he wants to know how they act. If you don't want to be nice though you could always just set his next characters tail on fire, then light your cigar on it. Your choice.

>Party is filled with raging alcoholics
>Half of the party immediately darts to the nearest tavern every time we go into a new town
This slows us down every time and the DM won't stop it.

Try roleplaying with them.

I'm looking for art of Wayangs for my continued Jade Regent campaign.
Got anything for me /pfg/?

My character is an Inquisitor that has sworn to avoid all vices as he pursues his enemy.

Simple-you just need to find a way for them to multitask.

Sounds like you're the odd man out.
Figure out how to make you character gel with group better or risk becoming That Guy

Did I fucking stutter?

The GM allows it because it's their characters performing their roleplaying actions, which in this case is getting drunk at a tavern. If your character hates that kind of revelry, then use that as another form of roleplaying. Have them speak their mind or be the tushy two-shoes they are and reprimand the others for your character's views. Or just have your character go do something else.

The thing about stopping them from doing that is that now they feel as bad as you are feeling right now because then they don't get to do the things that they want to do. Try to find a fucking balance that makes everyone happy instead of being upset over how they're ruining 'your' fun.

>Derailing a game for up to an hour just partying in every inn they can find is good
No.

>Other players have to enjoy the game exactly the same way I do.

Oh gosh, you just saved yourself an hour of fun roleplay to do... What, exactly? Move a token and shoot-bang some skeletons?

What's wrong with that it's roleplaying?

Maybe multiclass into Paladin if you're going to keep a stick up your ass.

Unless it's Temple of Elemental Evil then paladins can drink too!

The GM probably allows it because it's straight roleplaying instead of constant stat and combat management. Your GM probably loves the opportunity to get the next encounter set up at leisure instead of having to do it lightning fast.

Not unreasonable at all! My favorite character was the 12th son of a minor noble. He became a paladin because, you know, 12 sons. Three of his older brothers were also paladins or clerics as well, and the whole family was very religious in general so it made sense. It also gives you something to overcome (if you're younger) or someone to protect (if you're older).

>Party kills diplodocus
>I raise it as a bloody skeleton
>Literally gain lumbering fortress
This must be what true happiness feels like

You have an overly disruptive player with a mental illness, have you tried talking to him about being disruptive?
If so, why haven't you slapped his shit?

Maybe they wanted to roleplay in a tavern, you could also try that.

what is this even about?

Multiple times, but it's a living campaign, so who cares desu. I just evade him.

No user, that's what Dragonmech feels like. Very similar though.

>Playing Wrath Of The Righteous
>Everythings cool
>Dickass rouge won't share the potion to fix the non dickass rouges broken leg
>Other than that everything is fine though
>Until we find out she's a tranny and a lesbian
Why does Paizo shoehorn this shit in every fucking time.

Burn down the taverns before they get to town

It's gotten to the point where I (a MtF trans girl) have to actively tell people I'm not going to fuck over games with SJW bullshit. Paizo has gone off the fucking deep end with this shit.

Sounds more like they're just being assholes by assuming you're going to be an asshole because of a vocal minority and strawmen.

Recently read Wrath of the righteous. Don't remember that gay tranny rogue. Mind dropping a name?

So they were fine until they had a character trait you didn't like? Just being gay/trans/straight isn't shoehorning shit in.

It's a good thing the GM can very easily change the characters at the their own discretion.

Oh wait, they never think to do that.

Why do you need to declare that you're a special snowflake quadruped non binary sailor sexual in the first place?

A tranny actively calling attention to itself by declaring its "gender" is usually a great way to raise red flags throughout the table.

She's one of the three NPCs at the beginning, name starts with A(?)

Oh shush. Being a jerk is a great way to raise red flags through the table as well.

It's mostly because at the point I'm at in transition, it's obvious that I'm MtF. You don't always have a choice in what people see you as.

It would be fine if she wasn't "Hey I'm just going to go have sex... WITH MY WIFE WERWNT EXPEXTING THAT IN A LESBIAN I HAVE LESBIAN AEX BUT IM JUST A NORMAL PERAON WHO IS A LESBIAN I ALSO USED TO HAVE A PENIS GOODBYE PENIS I HAVE A VAGINA IM A GIRL WHO HAS SEX WITH GIRLS" the whole time instead of "I want to go home to my spouse (who happens to be a girl but that's not important)"

Let's take a character who wants to go back home to their loved one and completely fill it with hyperbole to make a point.

How did it even come up? I can't imagine a how in a life and death situation like the opening to Wrath that you would learn she used to have a penis.

>it's obvious that I'm MtF
Sorry to burst your bubble, but unless you get a full body transplant, people will always be able to tell you are trans.

Better to not make a big deal out of it as one look at any trans usually tells the story with little need for any explanation.

Isn't that fucking gross though

I hate prodding bait trails, but that's definitely not the case, and that assumption will one day bite (or, y'know, fuck) you in the ass.

I had known my only transexual friend for something like three months before anyone told me. She was just so rail thin I couldn't tell, plus she dressed/talked femininely.

It came up because Paizo feels the need to stick their LGBTKYSTBHFAM dick in everything they do

You clearly don't interact with many trans folks.

I remember that one faggot elf in reign of winter. He was like "I'm a woman....BUT WAS BORN BY MISTAKE AS A MAN PLEASE DONT FORGET TO REFER TO ME AS MISS OR SHE OR I'LL THROW A FIT"

Jesus christ, you dont need to say it, we can tell with your man face alone that you're a weirdo, I mean do you honestly believe for one second that all that makeup is fooling anyone?

Don't you think, as a DM, you might think something is terribly wrong with Paizo when you need to turn a couple established couples heterosexual *just* to break even on the representation?

How would they know? They notice the ones that don't pass, and never notice the ones that do. They could be surrounded by them.

Or you could actually tell us instead of being triggered.

IT COULD BE ANY ONE OF US.

Seriously, though.

How does one even learn these details? In a world with magic, if I wanted to live as a woman, I wouldn't share the fact that I used to be a man. In a world like Golarion, I would save up enough money, leave my home town, use the magic to change my gender and then begin a brand new life somewhere I can be treated as my preferred gender and never again have to face that horrible period of my life where I was trapped in the wrong body. Everyone who knew me from then on would only know the person I truly was and I'd have a whole new life ahead of me.

Why would any NPC not hide this from people? I would be ashamed if the players found out and beg them not to tell, for fear of shattering my new world.

Hah right, next you're going to tell me--Whoops, hang on, phone call.

What's that, officer?

THE TRANS WAS COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREAD!?

They were a damn stretch better than the faggotry infesting this general now. People in other general threads are mocking this shit show.

I don't think DMs quite realize how visibly important the PCs are in Wrath of the Righteous.

The PCs by the end of Book 1 are heroes, bonafide with an ironclad guarantee by the Queen bee herself; Mendev is a nation literally described as "starving for heroes", and the PCs show up as the greatest ones since the start of the Crusade. By book 3, they're practically legends, and Book 5 just cements them as veritable demigods, with all the pomp and circumstance that should provide.

Wrath of the Righteous is the only AP aside from perhaps Jade Regent or Kingmaker that gives the PCs a big neon sign pointing to them that says "YO, THESE GUYS ARE A BIG DEAL."

And yet the books provide opportunity after opportunity for the DM to just cock-block the PC's glory with Irabeth or that unnamed adventuring party that steals the almighty book.

She just says it right around the beginning.

I can't help it pfg I just wanna fuck a kitsune
I'm so lonely so sad I've got nothing else
Let me have a kitsune and I'll be free
Free like a fluffy tail touching those swish swish tails
Pick up those ears and pinch pinch pinch and headpatpatpat
Gotta love a kitsune they're like a sweeter deeter dog

I need a kitsune waifu now or else all else is over

Because Paizo and Crystal specifically insist that "muh struggle" is more important and all-telling of a trans person than actually, you know, living life how they want to. You aren't special anymore once you're in the proper body and mindset, don't you know?

Divination, people like sharing their past with their friends and loved ones, or even strangers. People have different preferences about what they share (as we've seen with all the fluffy tails in /pfg/)
Some people also let themselves be known to help others. There's nothing wrong with any of that.

it's a lot of group-based preferential stuff that can matter based on a lot of factors.

Paizo, obviously, feels pressured in some way by the rising vocality of "hurp derp feminism LGBT" people and want to appear progressive so as to not get the death stroke by these people being loudmouthed assholes about "not having representation". If anything after what's been happening lately it was a savvy move.

The other part of it is that if you or your group isn't comfortable with it, SURPRISE the GM can just alter the backstory to be more comfortable because it's a role-playing game and you're allowed to do that.

Additionally, the point that's been mentioned already, the character that has those qualities about them don't need to be in your face vocal about it and those topics should probably only come up if they are pried into by the players, and even then the NPC should probably try to resist and hide their secrets.

They actually are named in one of the PF novels, I think. They're established characters in the canon, I just can't remember who for the life of me.

Not him, but I'm assuming the DM in question is trying to be as true to the campaign as it was written as s/he can, and the campaign, as it was written, has it come up a lot, and describes the character as constantly making a big deal out of it.
You should have a less shit DM who plays the character as a normal and functional humanoid instead of a like one of paizo's tokens.

You're just looking for a reason to be pissed off. I think there's a term for that, but I can't recall it off the top of my head.

Oh bollocks, paizo, and many of their customers are a-okay with appearing/being progressive. It's not just "bowing down" to the "evils" of feminism. They have beliefs, and much like anyone else they come across in the content they make, for better or for worse.

Except you're missing the important fact that all this stuff we know about Anevia and Irabeth and a dozen other "horrible" PCs comes from the DM book, which provides backstory for NPCs but does *not* force the PCs to care about them.

Anevia once being a man is part of her backstory. When would, or should, that come up in the campaign itself? Fuck if I know, why are you complaining about it? If the DM introduces it, complain about him introducing it, not that the history exists in the first place.

>that image
Baiting the Qanon trap, I see

That's like saying "X video game isn't really bad you just have to get a bunch of mods!"
>Captcha:Select all pasta

>and the campaign, as it was written, has it come up a lot, and describes the character as constantly making a big deal out of it.

Source? I thought Anevia's trans status doesn't really ever come up.

>NPCs aren't allowed to have backstory unless it's directly changing the game. There's no reason to introduce backstory to help explain how the npc thinks!

He's saying that the GM doesn't need to make the NPC blurt out their backstory like an annoying attention-whore. What the fuck are you guys on about?

To be fair the party is actively discouraged from interacting with that one.

Use a hot guy for Irabeth's art, change her name to Iraban, and now you've got a conventional heterosexual couple built around love and handholding.

It also took maybe 5 seconds of alterations, 50 if you count looking for good art of the new hunk.

This stuff ain't hard, it's literally changing pronouns and using an internet's worth of art for the new be-dicked character.

And I'm inclined to believe that whenever /pfg/ is bitchin' it's all hyperbole and a half. They want to throw down actual pages from the AP that talks about it, much like was done for the stupid misogyny demons from Reign of Winter, then I'll believe them.

Wait, what happened to our tripfags?

What if I don't play online because I'm not a faggot and I have friends?

What the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums then?

Then just change your description? Though I guess I'm not a real person because my friends and I have all moved to different states so we continue to play online.

The thing is....

See
For a restatement of how things kinda should be.

Being a horribly depressed retard who secretly hates my life and just wants to die and vent online.

I think it's in the book King of Chaos. I was considering reading it then rebuilding the adventure to reclaim the book a while back so the PCs could play through it, but I never got around to it.

Whats the best way to play a slayer?
I know archery is generally the best, and TWF is really good with sneak attack and high BAB, but how specifically for the slayer is the best way to to shit tons of damage on stuff?

>People in other general threads are mocking this shit show.

Where?

Also, what for? What happened while I was gone?

I wouldn't bother, basically nobody in the Crusade gives a flying fuck about the mysterious party that steals the book, all they care about is the PCs have it.

See , the party is basically so drenched in glory and fame by Book 5 that they're literally getting favors from the gods themselves. Getting the book is a mighty feat, but it pales in comparison to what the PCs do with the book.

Summer happened, user. Summer happened.

The answer is to tell your GM that you're a powergaming fuckboy so that he can kick you out of the game.