Dragonball Quest #59

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

22nd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

Let's jazz and chill, buds

Your punch sends Goku flying back, crashing to the ground once again. You put a great deal of force behind that blow, and it seems to have caught your friend entirely off-guard. But, if you know him, he'll be back up shortly.

The sounds around you remain distant, dull. All of your focus is reserved for your opponent, as it must be if you want any chance of winning this match. Goku's already gotten some pretty good hits on you, and with how stubborn the two of you are, this match could continue for a good long while.

Once again, Gokup hops back to his feet, but this time he takes a moment to rub his face, looking a bit hurt. Looks like you did some damage with this one.

He doesn't take long to recover, however, and quickly gets back into a fighting stance.

"You caught me by surprise again," he tells you. "But I bet if I attack head-on, you can't stop me!"

>A. You bet you can (defend) (70)

>B. Maybe, but he can't defend from you, either (charge) (80)

>C. Challenge him with a Kamehameha Wave

>D. Something else

>>B. Maybe, but he can't defend from you, either (charge) (80)

>>A. You bet you can (defend) (70)

ROLL

Rolled 35 (1d100)

Olmec be praised.

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 26 (1d100)

rollin

Rolled 68 (1d100)

fuck

yes we failed the first roll! that means we got this in the bag

Oh look Dragonball Que-

"Bet you I can," you say, getting back into a defensive stance.

Goku smirks, rushing toward you at blinding speed.

He moves so fast this time around that you can barely react in time, raising your knee just in time to stop a powerful punch from your opponent.

Goku spins and drops down, reaching your other leg and kicking it out from under you, causing you to fall forward. He stands back up and punches down at you, but you roll out of the way just in time to avoid it. He continues his efforts, and you roll about halfway across the ring on your side, managing to stay just ahead of the punches.

Pushing yourself back up, you find yourself under attack once again as Goku throws himself at you and strikes with a rapid flurry of kicks.

Goku backflips back and springs forward, slipping through your defenses and landing a solid punch to your face.

Staggering back, you have no time to react before Goku leaps, hitting you in the gut with a strong kick that makes your knees buckle. He throws a punch up at your jaw, and you're knocked flat onto your back.

"Told you," he says, laughing good-naturedly.

You pick yourself back up and think of what to do next.

>A. Attack while he's laughing (60)

>B. Go back on the defensive and do not let him get through (65)

>C. Kamehameha

>D. Bear Shout (20)

>E. Bear Shout before he stops laughing (60)

>F. Wolf Fang Fist

>G. Afterimage Attack

>H. Try that energy-enhanced punch again (55)

>I. Something else

You think we can salvage this match after that roll?

>H. Bear Claw

>>H. Try that energy-enhanced punch again (55)

Fug it, let's go
>Seconding

ROLL

Rolled 78 (1d100)

rollin
pls be good

Rolled 91 (1d100)

Rolled 65 (1d100)

oh good, our luck is back

The power of Chichi compels you

Time to punch him in the stomach

These rolls playing with my heart

This how we do.

Our luck is "variable": we either crush or suck. So really, this whole thing so far has been par for the course.

what i say it was a good thing we failed that first roll

Goku wants to laugh? Well, you'll give him something to laugh about.

You rush toward Goku, covering the small distance between the two of you very quickly, and attempting the same move you'd hoped to use before.

Finding that strange warmth that powers so many of your attacks, you break some of it off, and channel it into your right fist. A glow begins to surround your fist, and you pull your arm back before delivering the most powerful punch you can muster.

Goku is caught off-guard, and your fist slams right into the side of his face, knocking him off of his feet and sending him sliding across the ring on his back.

He keeps going for quite a while, making it about three-fourths of the way across before finally stopping. And, even when he does stop, he doesn't move a muscle.

You take a moment to catch your breath, feeling a bit winded after that punch. You can barely hear the announcer beginning the countdown, and aren't sure what number he reaches before Goku stands back up.

This time, you see that you've left a nice bruise on your friend, and he grits his teeth in pain, wincing as he looks over at you.

"That wasn't very nice..." he tells you. "What do you call that move?"

>A. Bear Claw

>B. You don't know yet

>C. No, talking, charge! (70)

>D. Go back on the defensive (65)

>E. Light Shot

>F. Kamehameha

>G. Wolf Fang Fist

>H. Something else

>C. No talking, charge! (70)

>B. You don't know yet
"First time I've ever done it."

>>A. Bear Claw
>H.) Use Power Geyser right after you tell him

>B. You don't know yet
>C. No, talking, charge! (70)

I'll pass.

Whats the dc to fake punch and kick, basically trick Goku into thinking we're about to throw a punch but throw a kick and vice versa for a while.

40, but that trick will only work once

I'm up for it, we need him worn down even more plus a bit of a breather for us.

Yeah, let's go for it

Actually, I like it. Just do a little chip damage.

Seconded but tell Goku we came up with that punch just for him

Ok then, roll

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Lets go!

Rolled 41 (1d100)

rollin

ROLL

>they all passed

"I don't know yet," you tell him. "But I came up with it just for you."

Goku smiles. "Thanks, but you aren't the only one with fun tricks."

Without saying anything else, you rush toward Goku again, dashing across the ring and pulling back your arm as if you use the attack again.

Goku tenses up, and readies himself to defend from it, just as you'd hoped.

Feigning a punch, you quickly kick up with your left leg, catching Goku in the jaw and knocking him off his feet. This gives you the chance to hit him with a real punch that knocks him over.

He quickly backsprings before jumping at you again. The two of you exchange a furious series of punches, each one of you trying to push the other back, but to no avail.

He throws a final punch, but you block it with your knee before throwing a punch in retaliation, which he manages to block with his free arm.

The two of you jump back, separating yourselves from one another.

This is good. For a time, you were losing this match. Now, you seem to have evened things out. The battle could go either way, but your chances of victory are slowly beginning to increase.

"You're really tricky," Goku tells you. "But like I said, you aren't the only one with tricks. I'm having a hard time beating you with two arms, but how about eight?"

>A. Ask what he means

>B. He can't be serious

>C. Charge him before he can do whatever he's planning (90)

>D. Defend yourself from whatever he does (85)

>E. Bear Shout

>F. Something else

Sorry, C is meant to be 80

What would be the DC for shooting a light shot and bringing it around to flank Goku

Whats the DC to fake charge a Kamehameha, but then break into the wolf fang fist with that energy and cause an impulsion with the final strike.

No roll

Shooting a light shot and bringing it around to go after him if he dodges? (65)

>F. Something else

DC for an Afterimage Kamehameha?

>>E. Bear Shout

Could we collapse two light shots together to cause something similar to a solar flare that emulates the area we are facing with our eyes closed.

And by that I mean make a light shot weak enough to cause the flash in both hands then compress them together.

I mean, just to make a flash? 40, but it won't do much but cause a momentary distraction.

What you actually want to do, 85

Homing Light Shot

>F. Something else
Copy what Goku's doing

here
changing to this

Sure, do that, it's probably our best option

Roll for copying Goku otherwise he is going to end this now

What's the DC for the "Solar Flare" followed by Afterimage Bearshout?

Okay, guys, 80, roll

Rolled 1 (1d001)

Rolled 100 (1d100)

ALL GLORY TO OLMEC!

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Walk over my corpse!

Holy shit

AHAHAHAHA

oh baby

I started yelling then I saw the next rolls

The Dice Gods are truly incomprehensible.

Thank god for no crits.
Goddammit no crits.
Gg Tofoo, gg.

I've never been happier to roll a 100.

We should have probably gone after Chichi if her chichi's are giving Tofoo this amount of luck, wonder how luckier Krillin is now.

>We accidentally murder Goku and are disqualified and shunned by our friends
>We can't even join the Crane School because we killed Tao

Well, Krillin is actually strong enough to potentially win this tournament

>people actually falling for that roll

Your going to still have him lose to Tien you liar.

I don't imagine we can beat him unless we literally try rolling to fly again and get a successful roll. If not at some point we will be out of the ring or in a lot of pain.

A lot of SOM's players are not smart.

Rolled 33 (1d100)

cause we still need our third roll

And I'm one of them. Meant to link Not even sure how that happened.

Rushing headlong into whatever Goku is planning would be far too risky. And, given how confident he seems with this next technique, you aren't sure you can defend from it.

Whatever Goku's about to do, it must be good, and imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so you decide to wait and see what he does, then copy it.

Goku stretches his arms to the side, then begins to rapidly move them up and down. Before you know it, Goku appears to have eight arms.

King Chappa's technique.

If Goku can copy it after seeing it only once, so can you. You hold your arms out at your sides and move them quickly, soon making it appear that you have eight arms as well.

You and Goku stare each other down before rushing at one another.

What follows is chaos.

The two of you move with such incredible speed that it becomes impossible to tell which arms of the other person are real. This results in you and Goku blocking a lot of punches that aren't there, and consequently taking a lot of very real ones. While the two of you do occasionally block punches, mostly you have no choice but to take them, and so you each take blow after blow, most of yours catching Goku's face, and most of Goku's hitting your gut.

Each of you are in great pain, which only gets worse the longer this little exchange continues, and you can feel countless bruises forming on your body. Goku's face is a mess now, but still he fights on, delivering just as much punishment to you as you do to him.

But, with your training in pain tolerance, you are able to outlast him. You finally manage to drive him back with a punch to the jaw, and he hops back, breathing hard and wincing in pain.

It takes a moment for you to catch your breath too, and the pain is beginning to get to you.

You are both reaching your breaking points. If the two of you can't end this battle soon, there won't be a winner.

"I'm not done yet," Goku promises. "I won't lose!"

>Continued

Kamehameha battle.

He's determined, and you're sure he has more tricks up his sleeve.

Yeah, Goku's about to do something. But what should you do?

>A. Attack with the Eight-Armed technique before he can do whatever he's planning

>B. Prepare yourself, and get ready to defend from whatever he may try

>C. Bear Shout

>D. Kamehameha

>E. Light Shot

>F. Something else