Warhammer 40k General

Sticking to Usual Subjects Edition
Nothing to See Here Sub-Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QswaHncwIkM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qyqa_h7slx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

8th Edition campaign starters on the way, 2 fucking Thousand Sons boxes. FUCK YES.

Rubrics split into Ranged and Close Combat, that'll be exciting. And Rubric Terminators with Heavy Bolters and Multi-Meltas plus magical weaponry. Fucking HYPED

>Orks will get shit on again
>Orks will have a shitty codex again

There's no way they are going to do Starter Boxes without the Imperium involved in some way

Sauce or fake.

I think you meant to say Dark Angels.

>thinking Chaos that isn't Khorne or possibly Nurgle will get anything good
>thinking Tzeentch would allow such a thing
The God of Hope loves seeing you have a small bit of hope that things will get better despite things showing no signs of getting better.
The FAQ made it seem like they're doing it on purpose. Hmmm... Well FW shafts IWfags because it keeps the sun around Aztec style, but what if GW has a similar belief system but with Orkfags instead?

Natfka front page. Seems legit and coincides with other rumours from great sources.

Anyone that uses formation is a waacfag
Anyone that uses LoW is a waacfag
Anyone that uses flayers is a waacfag
Anyone that uses super heavies is a waacfag
If you play with anything outside of a single FoC you are a waacfag

If you do not bring a fluffy list you are a waacfag

>Well FW shafts IWfags

err what? i thought IW got everything they wanted. primarch, special helments, units, fluff, tanks, those bots.

Anyone who generalizes all formations as being op is a shitposting faggot
Anyone that thinks Warhammer is a purely small team skirmish game is a shitposting faggot
Anyone who thinks that using a single unit in any condex is bad is a shitposting faggot
Anyone who refuses to look at the issues at hand inside the core of the game rather then just blanket statements and peer pressuring "fluffy" lists is a shitposting faggot

If you are making the game less fun for those around you, you are a shitposting faggot.

Post your armies. Got my 1000 pts of IG here.

>Bare naked model

This is a strict work safe board. That means that all models must be fully clothed in primer and multiple layers of thinned, well managed paint.

>implying I want to unload 2000 points of orks

Anyone who plays Tau/Neconrs/Eldar is a waacfag
Anyone who plays Space Marines is a waacfag
Anyone who plays Deamons is a waacfag
Anyone who plays 40k is a waacfag
Everyone is a waacfag

The star chest plate, the dreadnought, and the Ultramarines version of the Iron Tyrants are coming out first. FW's trying to make the Iron Warriors players feel like their legion.

>FW shafts IWfag

I hope you don't mean Iron Warriors....

Sorry to dash your hopes, but yeah. Also I remember that the Iron Circle can't deep strike, will force Perturabo to footslog, and all six of them cost more than a Spartan.

Anyone who fields anything other then a single CaD slot is a waacfag
Anyone who fields lord of wars is a waacfag
Anyone who fields Heavy supports is a waacfag
Anyone who uses Fast Attacks is a waacfag
Anyone who uses Elite slots is a waacfag
Anyone who uses named characters is a waacfag
If you play anything out side of a single Hq and a Gorillon troops you are a waacfag

If you dont bring a fluffy list you are a waacfag

Okay, let's see...
>campaigns set to bring setting to "one minute to midnight"
Oh fucking fuck, it's End Times all over again. I feel like I should start looking icy Warmachine or something

Let's get to the cool part of the thread where the Forgeworld faggots who run armies entirely made of fake Chinese shit from Ebay accuse the real GW players of being poorfags

>Just started playing 40k
>only own the starter box for skitarii

Should I just wait for 8th edition?

My Corsair army from a game I played a while back.

I'd rather get to the part where you stop shit posting.

Lrn2 30K, poorfags.

Lert's get to the cool part of the thread where Tau faggots pretend to be Space Marine players made up of fake same faggots from warseer accuse SM players as being total asshats.

If you believe that rumor you're retarded.

>>I'm gonna accuse anybody who ever disagrees with me of shit posting because I have no argument to make and nothing meaningful to say. please shoot me in the face now, sir!

Grav weapons are severely overrated and can't even do that much damage to Orks. SM needs a buff so bad. Dual Skyhammer is so easy to deal with...

That's not accusation. It's observation.

>>I can't handle creating a decent argument myself aside from bait posts that have been made 1000 times before because my life has no meaning outside of a few (you)s I get from an online mongolion frog quilting exchange market. Please end my suffering now, sir!

12k points of Steel Legion

Grav guns need to be changed from salvo to assault, Mek guns need a huge nerf.

maybe later (actually next week if i remember) my daemon collection is way too big to get out right now, i'm sitting at like 4/6k or so

Hey. I actually came to the thread for that. What paints should I get for the commissar and Enginseer? I just got the Enginseer Wednesday but I've been stuck on what to get for the commissar.

How do you guys deal with nobs? I can't seem to remove them off the table before they get into melee range of my HQs and use their OP Big Choppas. I've tried everything between gladius and skyhammer and I've been unable to get past his defense of several Gorkonauts which he ferries his nobs in. Fuck Walkers, they need to be removed from the game.

I didn't disagree with you. Honestly you never actually made a point. You were just forcasting the future of this thread. Hell, you might even be right.

I just told you to quit shitposting.

A Metallica techpriest would be pretty baller.

Guard player from pic you're replying to here. I greatly admire your tonks sir.

thanks.

pewpewpew

Just curious, will the knight ever get his pauldrons? I'm kind of liking the sleeveless t-shirt look

Your murader destroyer still makes me wet my pants but you really need to work on that knight. Just do some quick drybrushing of silver/gold paint over the black interiors.

By Metallica, I meant the forgeworld. Which is based on the band.

Zap zap

What paints would I need?

Painting an AdMech army as Forgeworld Metalica right now. Love the color scheme, love the actual band.

Got these in the mail for him this week

I will. All these photos were taken a year ago the month before I went to business school. I will have the month of August free to start playing again and finish painting at least some of my stuff

Celestra Grey, Ulthuan Grey, White scar, Mephiston Red, Evil sunz Scarlet, Wild rider Red, Model color black, Leadbelcher, Ironbreaker, Mournfang Brown, Deathclaw brown, Sandri dust, Ushabti bone, Screaming skull, Nuln Oil.

You don't need every singe one of these paints for this, its just for the full colour spectrum used.

youtube.com/watch?v=QswaHncwIkM

Wall of Death is fucking awesome.

I played against a buddy's 1000pts of Deldar today and he brought Lilith in one of their open topped vehicles (Venom?) and dropped her behind my gunline of Devastators.

He didn't account for the fact that the Jokaero sitting in the Chimera right next to her would spit out 23 wounds at S5 AP 4. RIP Lilith.

I have two questions, Veeky Forums
1. Do you feel that Riptides are OP?
2. My store doesn't allow me to use my Forge World minis. Has anyone else run into this? What are your thoughts?

>Lilith.
You see, if he was fielding Lilith, he hasn't account for alot of things in life. Lilith is a great way to show a disparity in the system of WS.

I agree, the "max of 3+" is dumb.

Though in the tournaments at our store they run ITC rules where it rerolls like BS I'm pretty sure.

One riptide is fine, its just a slippery slope when you start to field more then one.

Also, your shop sounds awful. One guy probably had a 15 minute rant which some redshirt probably believed and took hasty action and formed prejudices without actually knowing anything about FW products.

Didn't get any input on my paper planes list last night. Anyone care to offer some? Archon goes with the 4 Incubi in the Venom.

There's disparity in WS? The greatest warriors in the galaxy have a slightly better chance of hitting a grot than a grot does. And the grot has a slightly harder time hitting the greatest warriors in the galaxy, though they can hit space marines just fine.

Cool I have a lot of these paints. I'll pick up the nuln oil next time I go to my GW tho.

When your gimmick is that you do ALOT of attacks really accurately at low damage and use your impressive reflexes to dance around your opponents move, the fact that you would be hitting on 3+ and they hit on 4+ despite a 4-5 point difference in WS is dumb. Lilith with put out many low str attacks which will be most likely ignored and then get bonked on the head by the next turn from a force stave and die instantly.

Lots of muhrines

>not a single guardsman painted with black skin

problematic

>only 10 dreadnoughts...

Absolutely disgusting.

well the problem is with her lack of weapons, but if the weapon skill table was like the wound table you'd see her survive more. idk how she was in 3rd or 5th but probably the same

So I bought the Start Collecting! Daemons of Khorne box to see if I liked assembling and painting them and I had a good enough time (and watched a lot of the BatReps as I did that) so I think I want to try the table top now.
I have been going over the Rule Book and have been reading lore since I first gained interest a few months ago.
A friend that plays offered me the Chaos Space Marines from Dark Vengeance for $30 but I was thinking about a Khorne Daemonkin Army instead.
Not looking for a pure daemon army as I have heard it is complicated and has an older book.
Are the Dark Vengeance Chaos worth while?
They have tons of the Dark Vengeance Cultists for relatively cheap.
A mounted army would be more my style but with daemons to reinforce them. I see the Gorepack Bundle on GWs site but it looks like it would be better to get piece by piece from ebay.
Could I just chaos up some Space Marine bikes for it?
Bloodcrushers are my favorite model so I will probably pick up more of those too.

>box of tau models

Hey, lets not be too hasty. It could be that user was looking for scenery for his other SM models.

The actual Marines from Dark Vengeance are not that great. They're Chaos Chosen models, but they all have mixed wargear that isn't very good.

I am having issues planning my Chaplain Dreadnought conversion, forgive me.

It's some 40 fire warriors, 16 pathfinders, 30 or so drones, 9 stealth suits, 1 ghostkeel, 2 commanders, 7 crisis suits, and 1 riptide and some collection models I've no intention of using.
Most of it is unpainted still which is why I didn't take pictures of it.
I also didn't take a picture of the 20 kasrkin, 5 scions, 6 sentinels, and 1 chimera I've got waiting to be painted.

pls respond

>How to spot a faggot on Veeky Forums, tutorial quest 2

Frontline troopers have the tendancy of dying first.

Well he was going to sell me the full Chaos Force for $30 so it had those marines, the cultists, a helbrute and a lord. He said they are put together and primed black but that is all.

Well, for all 20 cultists, $30 is a decent deal (since they're 5 for $12 from GW). And then you get the other guys on the side.

Pretty much all the Minotuars I own so far, or will own very soon, or will have assembled soon. The average games for my group usually range around 1500-2000 points, usually casual if not at least semi-casual games. Using the SAV mostly because its interesting and it gives me an excuse to give my Tac Marines Spartan Shields. I have plenty of Admech to ally in so fill any gaps I currently lack. Mostly just trying to figure out what units I want to save up for next.

Will make a Gladius version of them as well for a more competitive list in case my store manages to attract some interest in doing small tournaments. Also for the sake of variation in my play style.

Hey their my dudes. When you pay for all of them you paint them any fucking way you'd like.

Still working on my Deldar and have a ravager, 20 kabalite warriors, 5 scourges and 2 venoms still to build. Also not pictured are a jet, raider and Talos.

Preach.

Cool. DE seem to have some of the coolest models. Shame that the DE player I played against at my store left his models unpainted and was a total ass.

You're not fooling us user. We see that box of Tau in the background.

Especially after someone else pointed it out.
What are you an i2 Ork?

There's a Guard player at my store who's painting all of his up to be black with SS colors too and I don't give him any shit cause hey it's his models.

inb4 pressing update.

If I wanted to give Vanguard Vets pistols + Power Swords to kill a Rhino and then mulch its occupants, would grav or plasma be better? I debate because on the one hand, plasma statistically strips more hull points, and to do anything with the grav pistols (or even in CC) I'd need 6's.

But if I DO hit even one 6, the Marines might decide to disembark anyways. And if I hit 2 6s, the Rhino is dead. Plus, I have the utility of hurting AV 14.

With a bit of green stuff and some extra special weapons you can pretty easily convert the boltgun guys to pack melta/plasma. The dual LC guy makes a decent Chaos Lord (give him a jump pack) and the chosen champion makes a halfway decent regular champ.

>Been collecting Tau since the top of 5th edition
>a little while after the 7th edition codex drops
>go to my flgs to paint some of my tau
>one guy I hadn't met before says "oh hey, Tau, hopping on the bandwagon with the new codex?"
No, It wasn't supposed to be this way.

Was never much of a huge fan of their fluff but I've always been a sucker for anything involving Mechs and Power Armor. Played the original DoW games before I even looked at the tabletop and I kinda liked them.

Blame the meta, not the faction.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qyqa_h7slx4

it's okay user, i get odd looks when i show up with my multi god daemons

...i wouldn't mind a few tau for that ungodly ranged support

The fun part is if I do play this army regularly I will be the only Tau player at my flgs.

I remember a fun conversion article back when GW's website had stuff like that of a guy who made chaos spawn bursting out of Tau crisis suits. There was another article about grey knights fighting Tau who had accidentally summoned a Bloodthirster and were fighting alongside it for some reason.

Interesting, if I ever get around to Tau I would consider it.

Hey is it a good idea to use Vostroyans for the veterans in my Guard army? The fluff behind my regiment is that their planet was colonized by the imperial army during the Great Crusade and the veterans get to use all the gear their ancestors left behind.

>Started collecting them as my 2nd army mid 6th codex
>1st army was Grey Knights

I legitimately enjoy Tau fluff and even made fluff for my dudes. I would've preferred the 7th ed codex going more towards a Xeno coallition flavor, but mechs sell...

That's fucking hilarious. Reminds me of the "We defeated Slaanesh!" moment.

>Using shitty filters

Anyways, it would the the Tau who would use a pile of bleached skulls of people they didn't kill for propaganda.

still a great piece of work, i still remember when the book drew my attention 12 years ago. shame i never got that Shas'la Kais figure

I loved the novelization of that.

Most of my Chaos Space Marines, around 2k points, though I haven't had an actual game in a few months. Still have some painting to do though.

>doesn't like people saying he's a bandwagoner
>buys Riptide and Ghostkeel

What the fuck do you expect when you have the fucking bandwagon units right fucking there. It's the same way BaC customers are going to be called bandwagoners.

Finished nearly all my Skitarii last month, still need to paint a Chicken Walker. I'm honestly not sure if I want to expand into the other AdMech stuff because I like the models but don't want to be a waac fag. Plus, how would I even transport a Knight?

>Assumes he bought them to join the bandwagon
>Maybe bought them before realizing it was cheese?

I hate playing against them. But they're honestly cool looking units imo. If I had chose Tau instead of Admech and SMs I would have bought them on that basis alone. Then frown as everyone in my group glares at me and I read the actual stats. Then realize how OP they are.