Warhammer Fantasy General:

Warhammer Fantasy General:
Grudge of Ages edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion as both ET and Age of Sigmar are considered generally non-canon for the purpose of this thread.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Rescued WHFRP 2e Fan Material (Please download and post any material you find not in this collection)
mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10817148
ebay.com/itm/152167672181
youtu.be/2531r9-S5fw?t=43
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>both ET and Age of Sigmar are considered generally non-canon for the purpose of this thread.

You can't keep ignoring it forever. Give it a try, it's good.

>good
That's a Grudge

Fuck off.

We tried it, it sucks, your taste is shit, go away.

Speaking of Grudges, there are THREE different explanations for the earthquakes that broke the Dwarf Empire.

1: That the Skaven accidentally did it when their bedrock-drilling machine fucked up
2: That it was a side-effect of Nagash's spell to raise Nekehara
3: That it was the Slaan trying to move the mountains into the "Proper" position.

Was it some sorta freakish combination of all three?

If so, who deserves the Grudge? The Slaan conceivably were just trying to help but I doubt that matters to the Dwarfs, though having two actually hostile factions as more immediately responsible parties would probably help minimize the grudge with the Lizards.

I haven't read the End Times but when in doubt blame the Skaven

jesus is that official AOS art?

It's not end times, it was the original earthquake that left the holds vulnerable to the greenskins and Skaven.

yes

Were the dwarfs aware of any of those events?
It seems a bit silly to start grudging if they don't know that it was because of someone's actions.

I was wondering what would happen if they DID learn.

Asur a qt

Okay, I can actually kind of understand this since GW has been really ramping up their releases hence they are in need of large amounts of artwork quickly. But still this drip in quality is sad to see.

I mean say what you will about the End Times, but at least the art was somewhat pleasing to the eye.

what's wrong with it?

Not them, but from what little I've gathered:

I don't like not!Ragnarok, with little idea of what the realms are actually like.
I don't like the horribly over the top writing, especially what we saw at the beginning of the release - trying too hard to go for an epic saga feel and namedrop a bunch of silly terms.

I don't like the feeling that there's a lot less variety compared to what was - they're pulling things out piecemeal instead of having the game all ready at once. It'll never not feel incomplete.

I also don't like the obsession with huge, over the top models and round bases.

We already had this discussion in the thread in the archive, go read that, please.

DMs: got any short interlude ideas for a party on a river? Exclude the Terror of the Talabec and the one about the hermaphrodite.

>even the possibility of impractical heels

You'd think a society that was basically always fighting off the worst shit would have better taste.

Everqueen wear whatever she pleases.

Is there any lore saying that a necromancer can't use enabling to preserve a zombie, at least temporarily?

has anyone got any nice multibasing examples? i wanna try multibasing my troops, but not sure how to break ranks so it's still pleasing to the eye

Embalming. Stupid fucking phone.

>no title again
>no link to last thread again
step it up

That's probably my fault, I assume he just copied from the last op, and I omitted the backlink.

Don't forget the 'Doomstones' option.

>DMs: got any short interlude ideas for a party on a river?

Check out Death on the Reik and Carrion up the Reik if you haven't already.

Not to my knowledge. Though it would depend on whether knowledge of embalming was prevent in the setting.

How many princes fucked the Everqueen, total?

Opinions on converting Warhammer Army Project armies and units to 9th Age? I think we could easily do it for units added to the base armies first, then move on to converting the new army books.

Also, what do you think of the WAP armies? They all seem pretty cool, especially Hobgoblins and Nippon, although I thought having so many new lores of magic was strange, and Albion and Amazons look like they might suck competitively.

it looks like open sores

>tfw no asur or asrai GF

why is there no Love Can Bloom: Fantasy edition?

Pic related certainly did.

Unlike 40k, Fantasy hasn't had a big game series to rake in some popularity until relatively recently. We are unfortunately well past the age of Veeky Forums having fun shipping things together and making up stories and characters. It is the grimdarkness of 2016, and there is only regretful rage.

Fuck it. I am going to make a story right here about how Archaon redeemed himself.

so, what do we do?

Could any kind user in possession of a couple of plastic Plague Monks tell me how big their hands are in relation to other Skaven models?

I'm considering buying Plague Monks and I can get over the wonky faces but I'm worried about their proportions, primarily their hands since it's one of the most noticeable parts of the models.
I have a bunch of Clanrats and stuff from 2009 whose proportions I consider to be normal and look good. I also have a grab bag of old Skaven miniatures to compare with:
>Clanrats from 1999 have FUCKHUGE hands
>Night Runners from 2002 have large hands
>various metal kits from 2002 vary from normal size to slightly large (Jezzails, Assassins, Stormvermin, Gutter Runners etc.)

Plague Monks are from 2005 so they're a wild card as far as I can tell.

Bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if KF fucked an elf, but the Everqueen?

He has that winning smile and went on to become a literal god.
plus, chicks dig his bejeweled runefang.

Louen was sitting in the cuckshed.

There's only one. Both the Skaven and the Slann used their device and magic respectively at almost the same time. The quakes that destroyed the Karaz Ankor took place around -1500 I.C. while the Great Ritual took place in -1151 I.C..

For my games canon I go with the Doomstones explaination, but only because I have the hopes of one day running the game.

To each his own, I just felt like giving Nagash credit for ending the dwarf empire was too much. He already killed one civilization, he didn't need to get a double whammy.

Depends on how you run the setting for your games. If you want Nagash to be your BBEG, then that works well.

I had him as the BBEG in one campaign, his 'spectre' rather than bone daddy himself. Having grown tired of getting his shit smacked he felt like using proxies and other 'allies' to do his dirty work for him. I was going by the logic that he hadn't returned yet, just to see if I liked it or not. Normally I consider him around but plotting.

His plan was to use a member of the Orders of Fire and Life magic to create a child that would later be sacrificed to bring him back to unlife. The child was conceived through Ghyran, strengthened by Dhar and purified by Aqshy. In his early years he was being mentally tutored by Nagash, who the child thought was a thousand different voices in his head. When my players found him, he was being transported by an old man from a wasted village. They thought the old guy was a child molester and murdered him. To their surprise, especially the party Bright Wizard, the child could not only cast spells, but he seemed to cast them at random from all eight winds. He was also the only human capable of perceiving Qhaysh, or High Magic, as for my group canon humans perceive it as Light, but different.

Long story short, the child ends up sacrificing himself to destroy the Spectre of Nagash while the party defeats Antoine von Carstein with the aid of Mannfred.

Sounds like a hell of a campaign, user. Glad you had fun with it. The kid reminds me of Egg.

What am I looking at?

It was fun, but to be fair all of our campaigns were great. Except one that ended in four hours with all but one character dying.

Some of my favourite moments were when a necromancer had sent out a group of Wights to keep a ruined temple under his control, using a gem to control his minions and see out of the Wight King's helmet. Trouble was, a window works both ways. Que a giant ass explosion from his tower because the Bright Wizard cast Conflagration of Doom through it before he could break the link.

Another was the mercenary company they were working for, the Golden Hawks, arriving on the scene just in the nick of time, only to say 'nope' and turn around. This was during the onset of the Storm of Chaos and Mannfred's undead legions were sallying out of Castle Drakenhof, so the captain was understandably concerned with marching against tens of thousands of skeletons.

And finally, the theft of a warp battery that powered Project Supremacy. If anyone else remembers, it was the 'nuke' that was hidden under Middenheim. It went off, but instead of exploding and taking the Fauchlaug with it, it instead released poison gas that killed everyone in the tunnels. Without that battery the nuke was at less than maximum power.

some high quality official aos content

No opinions on this?

I have an in with GW and a friend gave me some new art to 'leak'.

You know, given that Sigmar has named both the city of Order and the special metal the Stormcast's weapons are made of after himself, it would not sunrise me that he has a giant 'S' on his house.

gold

guys, does the empire have plans of restarting production of the steam tonks in lore?

I thought they already had?

>mortuary factory

I'm atleast 80% sure that that's a grindcore band.

>page 9
dead as WHFB

Whatever you say.

I have need of your services everyone, so take off your clothes and take a seat.

I'm looking for a suitable miniature to act as my "Nurgle" BSB (either walking or chariot driving) for my 9th Age "nurgle" army.
The theme of it is that of a former mercenary company dedicated to Nurgle. As such I'm primarily looking for a character that manages a balance between flamboyance and putridity. Preferable he shouldn't be that bloated and still have his Chaos Armour relatively intact. I'm not the best converter out there but I wouldn't mind having to do a reasonable amount of it. I'm fine with a model from another other maker than GW.

>Both ET and Age of Sigmar are considered generally non-canon for the purpose of this thread.

But the End Times are part of Warhammer Fantasy 8th. I can see how Age of Sigmar isn't relevant, but why End Times?

End Times is a what if.

Why does it seem difficult to bring everything I want in a 2500 point Empire list for 8E?

>put her in rags
>but give her fancy dark elf accessories

Slavers pet

They tear her clothes when playing.

strawpoll.me/10817148

Being able to field stuff from different cultures is nice enough. It adds some more stuff to the table for Warhammer Fantasy. The rules are also generally pretty well structured, they make sense and seem pretty reasonable.

Other than that they're extremely mediocre. No real attempt was made to warhammer-ify any of the new armies. The fluff he wrote is universally terrible and boring. All of the art is stolen, some of it is poorly stolen (stealing Pathfinder character art and video game art for your WHFB army book???)

ELF WAIFUS WHEN CA?

>I don't like it so you guys aren't allowed to discuss it
>I don't understand what canon means

People think their opinion trumps what was published

Of course. Do you want to look POOR when you have that sweet piece of ass from the poisoner's district over for dinner?

>>Mordheim: City of the Damned
>store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

I've heard some bad things about it, specifically terrible AI and overreliance on RNG over actual tactics. Considering I get my internet via telegraph and so won't be playing much of the multiplayer, can anyone tell me how the single player hold up?

Frustrating. The AI gets bonuses to everything at higher difficulties and have no need to preserve anything in their bands, so they end up bum rushing you and grinding you away. Last time I played I got a bug where everything just froze mid fight, quiting out would automatically destroy my band so ended up dropping it. Was a while back so things have probably gotten more stable by now.

What are you working on? This Shallyan priestess is mostly done. I suppose I should do more but I'm at the limit of my ability.

Autumn.

hope CA makes them fapworthy.

to add to this, this is the last hurrah of WHFB. I want my elves to have that supermodel look,

You guys wanna get a cheap High Elves army, this ends in 10.

ebay.com/itm/152167672181

What mini is that?

It's the Empire Wizard body with the left arm altered so the hand is stretched outward rather than closer to the body. The head and, ahem, breasts are from the Glade Guard box.

I also made a Priest of Taal, which was interesting since I was here a couple threads back discussing how GW forgot about Rhya and made Shallya Taal's wife in the End Times.

Looks like a kitbash. Part of it is the Empire Wizard I think.

so, a priest of taal would be pretty benign towards amber wizards right?

Amber and Jade. I'm sure they'd meet only every so often, but I would expect them to be strong allies. As strong as a priest and a wizard can be.

what does the jade college do again?

Life magic.

so like magical doctors and shit?

Healing, as well as manipulating nature since it's strongly tied to seasons and nature.

youtu.be/2531r9-S5fw?t=43

oh, ok.
So who would be more opposed to beastmen, the jade or the amber order?

I'd say they'd be equally opposed. Jade hate that beastmen despoil the forests and Amber hate beastmen because they kill beasts for the fun of it. If I had to give an edge to someone then it would be Amber as they're concerned with the places simple beasts live as well as the beasts themselves. You can't make a home for mama bear and her cubs if the beastmen have shit up everything within a few miles of the forest.

I thought the beastmen lived in harmony with nature.

They are chaos mutants.

Mostly that they wrecked 20+ years of worldbuilding for what ultimately amounted to a publicity stunt for their new game.
Also some of the choices (Malekith was right all along) are just baffling.

yeah, as much as chaos mutants do. They don't do mass scale deforestation and get pretty autistic about protecting their forests from encroachments.

If this general was more popular a /wfg/ set of rulebooks fixing these mistakes for 9th Age would a be an amazing project.

Ive been playing it last week or so, enjoyable but gets pretty repedative vs. ai after about 10 matches.

>>Also some of the choices (Malekith was right all along) are just baffling.

I was arguing against this ever since I read about it. Malekit was always a fucked up kid wanting his father's throne simply because he was his son. The other Princes knew he was messed up and chose a leader more suited to the job of ruling during a time of uncertain recovery. It was also a retarded case of Chaos Wank.

Goddamn do I hate the End Times and everything that came after it.

What lies in the Hinterlands of Khuresh and the islands beyond?

I honestly found that change to be quite cool. It seems so much like the high elves that they hated malekith because he got rejected, but asuryan actually was just testing his mettle.

Will 9th Age add named heroes sometime? I was expecting some not-Azhag and not-Grom with on foot option.

>"Hey, Elf, look, I got a new magic axe!"
>"Wow, nice, let me get a closer look."

If the artist thought he was drawing a fight scene, he likely never ever seen even a fictional fight and hardly knows how weapons are supposed to be used.

Tiger headed beastmen, people that worship hundreds of gods and religious idols that give the followers of Chaos the heebyjeebies.

One of the more stupid fluff pieces from 8th edition was the Moonblood, or as others call it 'the Everqueen's Period', where the Everqueen sets sail to an island off the coast of Khuresh. But instead of sailing there, y'know, like the most powerful navy should, they land in Khuresh and slaughter their way through it to get to the island where the Everqueen gives up some of her blood to stop Morrslieb from crashing into the planet.
Retarded, I know.

I just think it stank of subversion for the sake of it. His rejection made sense because even if a fraction of the things that happened at Anlec were true, then Malekith would have had one fucked up childhood. Having a mentally unstable king is bad, just ask Morvael the Impetuous.

Eh, artists.

maybe once they make their own setting and stuff - special characters gotta be rooted in fluff to justify their existence. so in next edition (or however long it takes them to make full-blown armybooks for all armies) would be my guess.