Hey linkies answer this one

What stops swift or any other big company from building their own blockchain with decentralized oracles? Why would they want to use Sergey's shitty oracles and pay to a bunch of neet node operators using a trash erc20 token?

>building their own blockchain with decentralized oracles
Implying they'll ever need to do that, since there will be super computers in every city.

I don't even know what link does, how am I supposed to answer that?

honestly the domain name smartcontract.com should carry them through this issue plus chainlink has been in dev. for almost 10 years which is huge considering blockchain technology is being adopted now.. it sounds like swift making their own would be an irrational decision

Why would be irrational? The got all the money I the world, they can afford the best tech professionals, no reason to trust a stuttering fat pothead instead

yea but they would look like idiots if it failed and had only had a year of dev. time and time is really of the essence it seems like a safer move to cover their rep would be partner with chain link but who knows

Why should I hire a carpenter when I can just ram nails in wood myself?

Why would the supply of LINK token be limited?

Big corporations will create alternative decentralized blockchain if LINK cannot supply enough tokens. Why do they have to play by the rule where Sergey says that LINK token is limited? They don't have to play by the rule, they can just create alternative.

Completely missing the point
Real comparison would be: why would you hire an amateur (Sergey) instead of a professional.

cus swift cares much more about maintaining their reputation vs maximising on profits that they would be getting plenty of anyways.. and then if swift jumps on all other platforns will follow

Then it would be centralized,decentralized is the future. LINK will have first adoption benefit like bitcoin and its years ahead of anything out atm, it was being worked on before Ethereum came out in 2014

serget is satoshi though

>What stops swift or any other big company from building their own blockchain with decentralized oracles? Why would they want to use Sergey's shitty oracles and pay to a bunch of neet node operators using a trash erc20 token?

Would fuck the shit out of first post photo.

Incredibly gross looking. Next you'll post a fattie.

>Be a big company
>Shit a decentralized Oracle network out from thin air
Yeah, it'll work

>cus swift cares much more about maintaining their reputation
Exactly why they shouldn't hire a shadyass dude like sergey
Good point. I don't think banks care about "muh decentralization". They just want shit that works, rock solid shit that s team of two random dudes won't be able to provide.

please explain whats wrong with him? he has a nerd charm to the public like bill gates

Give me a reason why Sergey is shady other than muh Veeky Forums memes?

>Cayman Islands
>tax evasion
>ico scammer
>disappeared for like 2 months
>well known toilet freak
Why would they trust someone like him?

Anyone who doesn't buy LINK now is a legit retard.

I just converted my whole portfolio into LINK with x8 leverage

what is it tho?

I forgot: if you search the smart contract "offices" on google you will find a pet shop or an apple shop I don't remember. Shady.

thats just shit Veeky Forums made up lmao.. there was lots of stuff made up about bitcoin but thats still successful

It's based on Cayman Islands, you can check all this info yourself.

yea fucking pets are deal breakers

You can't find the smart contract offices anywhere.
Address is fake. Isn't that a huge red light for you?

haha wtf hes russian and lives in usa

do u mean red flag? no I dont see why it should be.. its a startup what do u expect lol

one of those, best tech proffessionals happens to be sergey.

Red flag yeah, autocorrector fucked up.
So you're ok with investing on this? Ok. Best of luck. I will follow this project closely but for now I'm not buying anything.

do some fucking research you retard

they moved offices after ICO. Site is not up to date. We get that.

someone on reddit lives in SF and visited their old office on his lunch break a few months ago. Sergey had just finished moving offices. The owners of the place next door spoke very highly of him.

>The owners of the place next door spoke very highly of him.
Paid shill.

Goddamn, you're actually retarded. The address isn't fake, early startups in San Francisco can't afford to have their own buildings so they rent suites in buildings. Why do fags like you talk about things you know nothing about?

kill yourself. seriously.

>early startups in San Francisco can't afford to have their own buildings
32 MILLIONS
M
I
L
L
I
O
N
S

that's why they moved offices you dolt.

I'm done here. You have your mind made up already. Stay poor.

but sergey needs his big macs ok

how many LINK to fuck this girl?

It's SUPERCOMPUTES ON EACH CITY

Not seeing much of an answer out of this thread other than "why would they though lol".

There's no doubt it's a weakness of Link and the best fud I've seen floating around, just really a case of let's see what happens. We're staking it that Link's time advantage is important enough that it'll be the relevant technology at least until end of 2019, plenty of time to get to lamboland before it's made obsolete, basically.

Link is not a fucking blockchain you retard

Where do you think they worked for years before the ICO? B R A I N L E T

>Be big company
>Want decentralized oracle

yea but once its partnered it will be unstoppable so....

I know you retard
But why would swift want to use the shity ethereum blockchain that gets rekt by a bunch of virtual kitttens? They would need to start their own, private blockchain from scratch.

chainlink is independant from the eth network

jesus christ.....

I know
Read my first pot again

because
1.) Smartcontract, even with 32 million dollars worth of funding, is still having a difficult time putting out decentralized oracle system. You think a company like SWIFT, has the time and resources to dedicate all that money and time and resources to it, when in reality, decentralized oracles is a bit of a miracle-ware where only specialty can solve it.

It would be like asking
>whats stopping the white house from starting their own high tech company and building airecraft. Why would they need Boeing or Kratos
or
>whats stopping that hospital from making their own cancer therapy device instead of having to buy that product off a reaserch company

2.) Building off number one. Even if swift was to finally build a decentralized oracle system that works, what the fuck would they do if the NYSE and Paypal made their own system that collided with eachother? We would be back at square one.

Anyone that thinks this FUD is remotely convincing doesn't deserve to hold a single LINK token.

If you think OP has a point, sell it all now.

It's also divisible by 18 decimals. If link really did get hard to come by the price to process data would go down, plus the node operators would probably start selling to keep the network going.

Did you really just compare Boeing with a "team" of two guys no one ever heard about?

because swift first started they didn't have stupid shit clogging up the network

the point of decentralisation is its one giant network not heaps of little ones or then it would be completely useless

read the whitepaper idiot thats what matters

>Big corporations will create alternative decentralized blockchain if LINK cannot supply enough tokens

Maybe you should have even the faintest idea of what the fuck you're talking about before you loudly announce to the board how retarded you are.

Why does link even need a token? They are a service provider how would a token be required or even make sense to use at all? Why not just use USD to send data?

Swift is a banker not a developer

yes. because
1.) Not all of Boeing is dedicated to research and development. Boeing has its own special team of top dogs just meant for research
2.) Boeing is 100x older than smartcontract team. That would be like comparing five guys to mcdonalds in the year 1987
3.) Im also comparing LINK to drug reasearch companies
4.) Youre a fag

It's used to paid the node operators.

Why not pay them in usd?

>Youre a fag
Says the guy who took the time to draw a trap licking the logo of a tankingcoin but whatever.

Because USD are not backed by anything.

Why not pay em in tokens and keep the whole thing blockchainised instead.

The US government? Why are you talking like link is backed by anything at all? The USD is at least stable unlike link tokens.

Because USD is stable and won't fluctuate 200% on any given day.

Oh yeah like that's even a real government. Link will stabilize around 1-1.5k but until then its our good luck.

Too much work and time consuming. Also privacy is a thing.

ChainLink is a decentralisation project created by decentralisation obsessives, and you're asking why they wouldn't choose an economic model powered by central government? And that's just the ideological end, practically it makes far more sense to have value transfers within the ChainLink network mediated by a cryptocurrency, due to its transparent, accountable, immutable and decentralised nature.

Because they're lazy and need contractors.

You know, like any big company ever.