Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What kind of pet does your party have?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fanficmaker.com/#ffv3_Pathfinder General%2CQANON%2Cfemale%2CDSP%2CPathfinder%2C%2Fpfg%2F%2C%2Ftg%2F%2CForrest%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2Cthe kitsune%2Cthe blinkling%2Ctrue%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2C2hu%2Ctrue%2Cautism%2CFantasyEra%2CHero%2CVillain%2C%2C(%7C%7Cc%3D0)%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C1469196799599%2CLord Gareth
youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/systems-and-use
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46115668/#46127190
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43851312/#43858338
giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19532605&postcount=160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Preview of Gareth's latest writing:
fanficmaker.com/#ffv3_Pathfinder General%2CQANON%2Cfemale%2CDSP%2CPathfinder%2C%2Fpfg%2F%2C%2Ftg%2F%2CForrest%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2Cthe kitsune%2Cthe blinkling%2Ctrue%2CUnstopable Lord Gareth%2C2hu%2Ctrue%2Cautism%2CFantasyEra%2CHero%2CVillain%2C%2C(%7C%7Cc%3D0)%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C100%2C1469196799599%2CLord Gareth

Because it's a fucking huge link that doesn't need to be in the OP.

Question, before I go through with becoming possessed by a Nethys follower tainted with madness be like? I'm long since done with my Homosuck days but the only character I can think of is Gamzee.

Also, should I make the big reveal early? Masquerade with my character's normal personality? Or just have it as a voice he hears in the back of his head that he fights until the moment he gives in?

youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w

Come all you young autist men
Listen to me
I'll sing you a song of the 'shit Mysteries

And its TRAP-FILLED VEIL LISTS, boys
NO PLAYTESTING, boys
When it uploads
We'll bantz together, boys

There's a race here with
Plus 4 Int and flight
Thick-headed Ssalarn, boys, publish he goes!

What is your character's starting level?

1. If your GM allows Weapon Master's Handbook custom weapons, you can use those rules to build what a greatsword is "supposed" to look like: martial two-handed melee, 2d6/19-20, bludgeoning or slashing, reach (activatable or deactivatable with a swift action), 50 gp.

If those are not allowed, I would suggest simply using a lucerne hammer. It is quite an effective weapon for a zweihander sentinel: martial two-handed melee, 1d12/20, bludgeoning or piercing, reach. It does not have the trip property, but that is fine; given the right stances and feats, your vanilla damage-dealing attacks of opportunity will be more threatening than any trip attempt.

2. All damage from maneuvers, flat or otherwise, does not multiply on a critical hit as per Path of War 1's systems of use chapter and various developer clarifications. Thus, optimizing for critical hits is not important to the vast majority of initiators.

3. Very much so, but I would avoid Seize the Opportunity from until 7th-level. Upon reaching 7th-level, retrain your 5th-level feat into Seize the Opportunity and then take Vital Strike as your 7th-level feat. Before then, I would look towards feats such as Power Attack, Furious Focus, Martial Charge, Discipline Focus, and Improved Initiative, not in that order.

I would advise being an ordained defender should your concept permit such. In many ways, it is a direct upgrade to the warder. You were never going to be a skill monkey-type with your limited class skill list, so Intelligence is not too great a draw. More Wisdom will mean more Will, which will help you endure the worst of the save-or-lose effects, and more Sense Motive for Scarlet Throne. Most importantly, at 3rd-level, you can acquire the Conversion inquisition, which allows you to completely dump Charisma and use Wisdom for all your Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks, which should give you noncombat utility and improve social skill-reliant maneuvers.

Flat damage multiplies on crits.

>From there
Nigger he should have PA at first level, and the same for Furious if he's a human.

Using a reach weapon with a zweihander sentinel is ideal because you can simply use your Armament Shield bash to attack enemies adjacent to you from 1st- to 5th-level, and then attack adjacent enemies directly from 6th-level onwards.

As an added bonus for the ordained defender, it opens up the dreige and half-giant races, both of which are perfect for such a warder. Powerful Build and various defensive benefits are very advantageous, and the small loss of Dexterity hardly stings given your Tactical Acumen class feature.

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/systems-and-use
>you do not multiply extra damage from a strike when calculating the critical hit damage. It is treated just as extra damage from another special ability would be (like deadly strike damage or damage from a flaming weapon).

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46115668/#46127190
>Gareth
>Bonus damage from maneuvers isn't multiplied either. That may change during the errata depending on what ends up happening to the final damage totals, but ATM that's the breaks - even flat damage.

Additionally, I stated "before then," not "from there."

However, as far as I can see from these stipulations, this does not apply to stances that confer flat damage.

How edgy is the ninja?
Will other players instantly assume i wanna be a Naruto the second i spell "ninja"?

Let us bring this all together into a sample build at 5th-level.

Level: 5
Race: Dreige (Bloodforge or Lords of the Mist) or half-giant (Ultimate Psionics)
Class: Warder (ordained defender, zweihander sentinel)
Martial Tradition: Stained Glass Champions
Domain/Inquisition: Conversion (use Wisdom in place of Charisma for Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate)

Ability Scores (25 point buy): Strength 17+2+1+2, Dexterity 12-2, Constitution 12, Intelligence 12, Wisdom 16+2, Charisma 7

Traits:
Combat: Reactionary
Regional: Thoughtful Wish-Maker

Feats:
1st: Power Attack
3rd: Furious Focus
5th: Martial Charge

Maneuvers readied:
1st: Golden Lion: Encouraging Roar
2nd: Eternal Guardian: Fear the Reaper
2nd: Primal Fury: Momentum Crash
2nd: Scarlet Throne: Rising Zenith Strike
3rd: Shattered Mirror: Reflected Blade Style

Stance: Primal Warrior Stance

Equipment:
4,000 gp: Belt of giant strength +2
2,650 gp: +1 full plate
2,330 gp: Large +1 lucerne hammer
1,000 gp: Cloak/corset of resistance +1
Remaining: 450 gp

This character has initiative +6. They deal 6d6+10 damage with each swing of their lucerne hammer, or 6d6+16 damage with a Power Attack with Furious Focus. Their Sense Motive total, with full ranks, is +14.

At the start of combat, they can use Martial Charge to move 40 feet and use Rising Zenith Strike with Reflected Blade Style. Due to wielding a +1 weapon and charging, their total check bonus is +17, which is probably going to hit.

On a hit, they deal 12d6+32 (average 74) damage to two enemies. The average CR 6 monster has 70 hit points and AC 19, so if there are two CR 6 monsters on the field, they stand a very high chance of being instantaneously deleted.

Alternatively, the Encouraging Roar boost can improve numbers against a single powerful opponent; the morale bonus would apply to a Rising Zenith Strike.

After this alpha strike, this character is still a very capable striker and defender, given their reach and very high-damage AoOs.

Before you ask, yes, Power Attack is officially compatible with Rising Zenith Strike.

The charging bonus is also compatible with Rising Zenith Strike, as you can see from that post, which in turn, references this post:

>A: When making a skill check in place of an attack roll, all bonuses and penalties normally applied to the attack roll are applied to the skill check roll, including iterative attack penalties for making multiple attacks.

Primal Fury and Scarlet Throne have a very high probability of receiving downgrades in the upcoming Path of War errata, so do make an inquiry towards your GM regarding how such disciplines will be treated before the errata playtest is released.

Fairly edgy, and not all that good. Legendary Rogue from Legendary Games has some shit for ninjas, and it's in the trove. I'd recommend looking at it, at least.

>Touhou once again misrepresents what DSP has said, further fucking us over and driving them away more

Does your autism know no bounds?

Do you have a bookmark tab with all the shit DSP has ever said?

I played my ninja as a foppish painter, playing party Face, until we needed a killing machine, then they'd be seen running away (using the advanced clone) and the 'mysterious bodyguard' would show up to fight.

Why do you keep doing this?

>Forrest
>Power Attack and Deadly Aim work with skill check maneuvers, penalizing the skill check in place of the attack roll. There were originally conflicting answers by accident (a miscommunication before we moved to a better way of handling team discussions), and on behalf of the rest of the PoW guys, sorry about that. Here's the FAQ answer on it. This one is the correct one.

Power Attack is compatible with Rising Zenith Strike.

>A: When making a skill check in place of an attack roll, all bonuses and penalties normally applied to the attack roll are applied to the skill check roll, including iterative attack penalties for making multiple attacks.

Charging bonuses and the Encouraging Roar boost would also apply to Rising Zenith Strike.

I fail to see how these developer clarifications can be interpreted any other way.

Are certain Primal Fury and Scarlet Throne maneuvers and stances too powerful? Probably. We do not have any official revisions to them yet, however, so they can be either used as printed, used with whatever homebrew adjustments the GM can conjure up, or have their parent disciplines be traded away for free.

You really do have everything they've ever said bookmarked or written down, don't you?

I pity the group that has to deal with you.

Uh, I don't think it was meant to be taken literally.

The autism is real

Now, suppose this hypothetical GM was to go to the radical extreme of banning all Path of War 1 disciplines and mandating that all characters, forcing them to be swapped out for other disciplines. What would this character look like then?

Level: 5
Race: Dreige (Bloodforge or Lords of the Mist) or half-giant (Ultimate Psionics)
Class: Warder (ordained defender, zweihander sentinel)
Domain/Inquisition: Conversion (use Wisdom in place of Charisma for Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate)

Ability Scores (25 point buy): Strength 17+2+1+2, Dexterity 12-2, Constitution 12, Intelligence 12, Wisdom 16+2, Charisma 7

Traits:
Combat: Reactionary
One more, or two more with a drawback

Feats:
1st: Power Attack
3rd: Furious Focus
5th: Martial Charge

Maneuvers readied:
1st: Riven Hourglass: Minute Hand
2nd: Eternal Guardian: Fear the Reaper
2nd: Riven Hourglass: Rapid Strike
2nd: Shattered Mirror: Obsidian Razor Style
3rd: Shattered Mirror: Reflected Blade Style

Stance: Elemental Flux Stance

Equipment:
4,000 gp: Belt of giant strength +2
2,650 gp: +1 full plate
2,330 gp: Large +1 lucerne hammer
1,000 gp: Cloak/corset of resistance +1
Remaining: 450 gp

This character still has initiative +6. Their attack bonus is +12, or +14 when charging. They deal 3d6+10 damage plus 2d6 energy damage with each swing of their lucerne hammer, or 3d6+16 damage plus 2d6 energy damage with a Power Attack.

At the start of combat, they can use Martial Charge to move 40 feet and use Rapid Strike with Reflected Blade Style, Power Attack, and Furious Focus. They should make two attacks, one at +14 and one at +12, each dealing 3d6+16 damage plus 2d6 energy damage. If both attacks, that totals an average of 67 damage on *each* enemy.

Alternatively, against a single powerful enemy, they can activate the Obsidian Razor Style boost instead. That would mean two attacks at +14 and +12, each dealing 3d6+20 damage plus 2d6 energy damage, for a total of 75 average damage.

The warder is still strong.

I fail to see how Forrest and Elric's respective clarifications can be interpreted any other way. As you can see in that archived thread, Forrest had explicitly linked to Elric's Giant in the Playground post.

How exactly should we interpret those two posts, then?

Could you pastebin that shit

But then we wouldn't pay attention to them constantly, not like to many are anyway, fuck at this rate with how hostile they are they'll be talking to themselves in no time.

He's been asked multiple times to get a trip, put his shit in a pastebin, or do literally anything to stop bothering people or be less obnoxious. He refuses completely. Somehow, he still has friends in the IRC who support him.

What are you trying to say?

I'm fucking confused whether it's male or female, wtf is going on,

If it keeps acting like a prick no one will respond to it anymore. Not like that will stop it though, it would continue to post, probably responding to itself to simulate conversation.

Yes that sounds crazy but this is Veeky Forums.

Touhou is a Filipino guy who's transgender and heavily obsessed with a bad anime.

What's he doing wrong? Talking about Pathfinder?

Pretty much.

I swear people bitch about 2hu just for the sake of it.

>a bad anime.
It's just a game series that's gotten a weirdly disproportionate amount of fanwork, isn't it?

Filipino, that's the first problem right there. Goddamn.

Why the fuck are there that many transgendered in these threads?

Lots of samefagging in here, the good thing is touhou can keep shitposting her/his stupid interpretations of whatever and it doesn't matter because for one, none of us have to play with 2hu - and if we found ourselves in a group we could just get up and leave, or - since no one will accept stupid interpretations of RAW, have the DM say "no"

It's literally irrelevant that 2hu has these shitass interpretations, the only thing it really does is shit up the thread especially when they won't get a trip so we can filter it

And it's a fricking bullet hell too.

What's he doing wrong?

-Drove away DSP devs and other devs by autisming out
-The worst rules lawyer that I've ever seen post here, and gets asshurt when people don't use his interpretation
-Pulls weird shit in games, but bitches at other players for doing anything that isn't 100% RAW
-Avatarfags and posts massive walls of unnecessary text, which bothers people. He's been asked repeatedly to get a trip so they can just filter him. Instead, he refuses, and this just causes more shitposting. He avatarfags for attention, and refuses to get a trip because he's a shitty little attentionwhore.
-He's one of the people that keeps bringing up insane interpretations of the rules that gets shit nerfed, so that normal players can't use things, because his autism drove him to find something that shatters the system and he screams loud enough that people assume everyone's doing it
-Actively ignores advice from friends that would be beneficial and prevent shitposting

Eh, there's not really anything wrong with trans people. It's just 2hu being a shitbag and ruining things.

You, you my man

Deserve a high-five

In the face with multiple chairs.

Fuck yourself.

>stupid interpretations
>following what Forrest/Elric explicitly said
Huh?

I agree, as someone who pops in here infrequently and has only started playing with Path of War stuff, I didn't see what was wrong with what he said in this thread.
I'm assuming from what someone else said that context is missing somehow? Mind filling me in?

Are we really starting up with this shit again?

I should add one more thing to my post - what 2hu needs to stop doing is driving away DSP developers by being a fucking shitter

Ha, thanks for the positive critique my dude! I was looking for solid advice on how to actually make a good follower of Nethys and you totally gave it to me.

10/10- Would ask for your advice again.

How about you goddamn chucklefucks stop fucking shitposting

Except it's not 2hu. 2hu just makes builds. It's the people that sperg about
>DURR HURR PASTEBIN
>DURR HURR U DRIVE DSP AWAY
>DURR HURR PUT ON TRIP

Which stats arguments ad naseum about how 2hu didn't drive anyone away.

I would take on 50 autistic 2hu's compared to some of you assholes.

then i wouldn't have anything else to do with my time

He's long gotten tired of people screeching about needing citation. Seems reasonable to me.

He's the reason that Forrest is gone, he's part of the reason Gareth is gone, and I'm fairly sure he helped drive away another dev a few months back. Spheres people, I think.

Never.

What.

>Power Attack and Deadly Aim work with skill check maneuvers, penalizing the skill check in place of the attack roll. There were originally conflicting answers by accident (a miscommunication before we moved to a better way of handling team discussions), and on behalf of the rest of the PoW guys, sorry about that. Here's the FAQ answer on it. This one is the correct one.

I'm with 2hu on that one, how the fuck can you read it in literally any other way?

Kitsune psion alternate racial traits when, DSP?

How would you make a kitsune psion good, /pfg/?

Citations massively needed.

You're stupid if you think that means you can Power Attack with something that doesn't have an attack roll.

I'm talking about these.
He's got a direct quote saying that power attack works with skill-check based strikes, and a direct quote saying all normal bonuses and penalties also apply to the skill check, yet there's someone saying he's misrepresenting what they said
And another saying those things weren't meant to be taken literally.
Since it all looks and sounds reasonable on my end, I want to know what I'm missing here.

Can you fucking not.

>Power Attack and Deadly Aim
>work with
>skill check maneuvers
>penalizing the skill check
>in place of the attack roll

>Rising Zenith Strike
>The disciple makes a Sense Motive check in place of his normal attack roll
But it does? Or at least a skill check in place of one, which is literally what that quote is talking about (unless I'm misunderstanding)?

Instead of blathering gibberish, how about you actually construct a coherent sentence?

Fuck right off.

Here's your (You)

So you've proudly taken up the mantle of autistic shitlord extraordinaire and you're below attention.
Ok, got that.

By that logic, you can Power Attack just fine, though it would add damage without you caring about the penalty at all. Their ruling was that it adds the penalty to the skill check too.

When did /pfg/ become a filthy shitstained waste of space and oxygen?
God fucking damn.

You aren't misunderstanding.

Think of your favorite video game character!

Got one?

Good!

What class/monster would represent him/her/it best in Pathfinder?

Since about last month.

It always has been. We just drowned it out with giving 3pp devs blowjobs until we drove them away. Now it's just pure autism.

Incorrect. It's a skill check, it doesn't crit, it doesn't nat 1 autofail.

It would not have any of the bonuses or penalties by RAW. In Path of War Expanded, all the skill check/attack substitutions specifically included text that they would. The PoW 1s don't have that text. Forrest's post(s) about it have explained that this would be fixed.

QANON taking the non-shit people into her irc chat didn't help.

>Circlejerk IRC of namefags and retards
>Non-shit people
user pls. It's filled with trannies.

What of it? I'm legitimately confused as to why that matters at all.

I really pity anyone who has to deal with you.

Gestalt intcasting Bard/Wizard

>"namefags"
>in an irc, where having a name is expected

That's not how communities work, user.

For anyone that remembered someone talking about the final session of their Kingmaker campaign a thread or two, the campaign ended in success. We finished exploring Nyrissa's castle and finally learned what she was planning to do (stuff our kingdom in a magic bottle to give to the Eldest to try and get on their good side), and then used the portal that led to where we figured Nyrissa had to be, since she wasn't in the castle itself. It led to a 20 ft-20 ft-20 ft room whose only decoration was a statue of Nyrissa, which we were really surprised was going to be the final boss chamber!

Nyrissa herself was floating above us and didn't care to mince words much, since she had been watching us destroy her castle and steal her stuff with divination magic the whole time we were there. We quickly found out there was an Antilife Shell around her that prevented most of us from approaching, but our Monk was able to pass through it thanks to his spell resistance. We quickly learned that the monk was only going to be able to hit her on a nat 20, and our Magus needed a pretty high number to hit her as well (not that he could get close enough to try). Nyrissa used her turn to cast Maze and Finger of Death on the party Rogue, chosen because he desecrated her home the most. The Rogue did not survive... But his death was important, because it meant the Oracle survived to throw a Reach Euphoric Tranquility on Nyrissa and the Magus activate his Scroll of Antimagic Field after asking Nyrissa to come stand next to him. With the high level caster's magic all gone, the Monk pinned Nyrissa and the Magus repeatedly stabbed her with Briar until dead.

Then we revived the Rogue. So, yeah. Thanks to the two anons that cheered for us! I'm a little disappointed that that's how we ended up having to win the fight.

God damn there isn't even a reason to lurk in these generals anymore

It's a large group of people treating a mental illness and mutilating their body as something totally normal and acceptable, and trying to force themselves on others?

They aren't women. They're often fat, ugly men trying, and failing, to dress like they're women. Broad shoulders, big hands, manly faces, and no hygiene at all.

And what does that have to do with an online community where you never interact with them in person?

Wow son.

Someone's upset that people are treating others like decent human beings.

They're irritating attention whores who often have delusions about a wide variety of things, and have an inflated sense of self importance.

See: 2hufag.

You're talking about it more than they do.

That's not been my experience with them. Attention whoring is just a thing people do if they're attention whores, like with 2hu or Gareth. One of the more prominent transgender members of the /pfg/ community is pretty much the opposite of an attention whore and has literally never mentioned it in these threads (just other anons noticed and started babbling about it), so I dunno.

And yes, as said, you're talking about it a lot more than they are.

...QANON is trans?

I don't even disagree, but it's their body so if they want to go through the trouble just fucking let them. You bitching about it is just rubbing sandpaper on a blister and expecting it to go away.

I meant Forrest. QANON's a real girl.

Qanon isn't even human. They're a robot.

Also QANON's an attention whore which disqualifies her from the above.

At least QANON is friendly and sorta cute.

>>>/high school/

Attention-whoring isn't good or evil, it's all about how they do it.

How is Gareth or Qanon attention whores?

Easy, they post so people can recognize ignore the fact that there's a good reason for them to do so. Obviously if you're recognizable ever then you're an attention whore.

>Gareth
>tripfag who posts his personal woes and game storytimes while wearing the name instead of only using it when he has official things to say

>QANON
>tripfag with a distinctive style who thinks she could control the thread

Good to hear!

And I wouldn't worry too much about winning the fight "cheaply". Sometimes, shit gets out of hand, and you just need to pull through however you can.

Fuck off, are you still doing this? As someone who actually participated in the playtesting that went on for over a year and used Psybomb's guides and damage sims, it's getting offensive. And aren't you the same faggot who always wants Sslarn to listen to your bullshit? You think opening every thread by harassing him is going to lead him to listening to anyone here ever?

Go awaaaaaaay.

Just because you can build a guru or a daevic into a good character doesn't excuse the mountains of trap options.

>2hu just makes builds

So does BUILDPOSTER.

Both are bad.

>roll up a rogue
>dm isnt allowing unchained rogue

Best be going not rogue, or Blur's gonna turn off your sneak attack.