EDH/Commander

Salty Conceding edition

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

What do you guys do when someone concedes right before they are about to get blasted out to make you take it instead?

This happened the other night. I bribery'd someone's Elesh Norn that was keeping me away from lethal. The opponent who owned it quite because they knew they were dead on the current attack. So I lose Norn and the current attack headed at me instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nin-wip-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-07-16-Dwc-sidisi/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/birdwomen/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-10-15-selvala-edh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We scoop at sorcery speed.

I was wondering what the lore implies when we lose the game by drawing from an empty library. What is happening to us as planeswalkers in that moment that would make us lose?

>What is happening to us as planeswalkers in that moment that would make us lose?
You become insane or braindead.

At one point my playgroup implemented a "1st Place" approach to handling combo decks where, in games of five or more players, someone who shows they can pull off a combo that would kill the entire table instead gets declared 1st Place and leaves the game. The rest of the table still continues playing, but they're officially vying for 2nd place.

It seemed to work out alright, since our combo players were the sort who are happy just to successfully go off, and made it so the players who like more prolonged games still got to play. Anyone else have any experience doing something like that?

I've been thinking about doing a deck with zedruu as the commander but with a major twist: I only donate cats and use harmless offering as many times as possible (through bringing it back to my hand from the grave) when my commander isn't out to give people cats...I've considered using infinite reflection to also make it easier to give people the same cat.
My play group is pretty friendly so figured it might be fun to play around with, but I'm considering also including things that may allow these cats I donate away to "explode". Like something that deals damage to a player based on how many creatures they control or throwing enchants on the cats and giving them away only to have them harm the opponent.
Any tips?

Either or you run out of ideas and flee?

>He plays MLD in EDH

It is more likely that you become braindead/insane considering milling is basically destroying your mind.

>scoop at sorcery speed
I like that. But don't combo assholes freak when they take 10 mins to figure shit out and people just have enough?

Interesting. I've tried something similar but in a less friendly way. We just said "OK bye." And kept playing like nothing happened.

OK boy. Here we go.

>He doesn't play MLD in EDH.

I love this.
Alter that shit Into crazy cat lady.
How many blue cats are viable?

It has a place.

Some playgroups never reach the level of competitiveness for it to matter but wraths are a common and necessary part of the game, including ones that hit lands.

What happens when ghave starts vomitting tokens everywhere? Someone board wipes because he overextended with his resources and nobody bats an eye.

It's the same for MLD. It keeps people in check for shitting out 10 lands by the end of turn 4.

MLD? Manaless Dredge?

H8 me/R8 me

mass land destruction

>erebos

patrician taste, my friend

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nin-wip-1/

Any advice on my Nin deck? I am trying to make its wincons more concise and thematic - so far it's either "win with someone else's stuff/Insurrection" or Laboratory Maniac.

Damn, I wanted to see someone post a pants-on-head retarded dredge EDH deck.

9/10, would play with

Muh nigga
How do you get away with Kaervek? He got hated out so badly when I made him.

Went from Rakdos lord of riots, to Kaervek before I finally got comfy with Lyzolda.

Player A attacks player B with a 999/999 Asura, equipped with a Sword of Feast and Famine. Player B has no legal blockers, and no way to remove Asura from play. Player B will die if Player A deals 1 damage to him. If player A is allowed to untap his lands with the sword due to combat damage, they will be able to cast enough spells to ward off Player C for a turn. Otherwise, Player C will be able to attack Player A for lethal next turn.

All players know this.

If Player B concedes who gets the packs?

The people playing in tournament formats.

If the attack is officially declared then player C wins. Since A never connects to untap the lands.

Realistically player A should be like. "Hey, player B. We should kill player C because X"

Commander is very political. Don't attack B and he won't concede.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-07-16-Dwc-sidisi/
First deck, looking for advice and suggestions. Had to take out some big cards like Gaia's Cradle due to poverty.

Lord of Extinction.

wow, i never realized how good kalemne's art was

How is this guy so expensive?

>Starting playing again with Commander
>Buddies who I played commander with are too busy with work to play this time of year
>Only people playing want to play modern and legacy
>ok.jpg

I don't even win that often with commander, but it's still so much fun

Frequently used Mythic with a single printing.

Mythic rare from time when people opened product a bit less than now

The card is also a cube all star

Still though, it does seem like all that would only make it $4-$5, maybe there was a buyout

sometime lgs have regular edh meetups. they tend to be a fucking salt mine though.

how does your list for Polukranos look like?

Honestly its my loaner deck for other people.

Literal tribal hydra with heavy ramp, mana rocks and a couple counter doublers. With typical mono green staples. Nothing special.

Didn't even bother foiling it out like my other decks.

Try cockatrice.

>Green/10

You seem like a pretty cool guy.

Ok lads I got my box of EMN today and got Liliana out of it. Has anyone tested it out in any decks to see how useful she is? I was planning to use her in nekusar

what are some ways of generating card advantage in White? I'd like to make an Angels and Humans controlly deck with new Bruna.

Survival Cache
Gift of Estates
Tithe
Skullclamp
Mentor of the Meek

I want to build a vampire tribal deck. Should I go mono black or rakdos?

I think she could be good in Gitgud Monster and obviously any zombie deck.

Rakdos. There are quite a few really nice red vamp cards.

Grixis

How many fact or fiction clones are there?

If you're looking for a good Nekusar card out of EMN, you want Geier Reach Sanitarium. Each player draws, then discards, leading to damage an possible waste not shenanigans.

Here's the funnest of them all.

Use Artifacts. Mind's Eye, Sword of Fire and Ice, Staff of Nin, Tamiyo's Journal, etc. Maybe even disposable rocks like Hedron Archive or Dreamstone Hedron.

Have you guys tested out splendid reclamation in your decks yet? It's kinda bonkers, helped me get a ridiculous amount of land on the field

Why wasn't this red?!? T.T

Red got a donate instead.

land tax + scroll rack is an ancestral recall each turn

Forgot the pic

I was wondering if I could get some feedback. Two questions.

First, I have atleast 1 hole in my EDH box to fill (if I put dividers in my token/dice/power level modifiers, its 5 more decks). Suggestions based on my current selection?

Second, someone on here a few days ago was doing JoJo naming conventions for EDH decks, and I thought it would be cool to put fronts on all of the decks, or altered commander art on the top. One idea was a king of spades Kresh where it's
K I N G
R
E
S
H

Olivia would be the same, but I'd cheat it with Q=O. I run a game store, and I thought it would be cool to have some flare with my decks.If you guys want, I'll post decklists.

I'm not sure what I would use blue for besides clones and reflections to make more of the cats...I mean I could also play donate and spell recursion.
I'm mostly playing zedruu for red, white, and the abilities not so much as blue

l've heard that all monoB decks are relatively similar and turn into SameOl'SongAnDance.dec. Would this guy put a neat twist on things? He's come close to sucking my giblets dry playing kitchen magic before so l always thought it'd be like suicide making him the head honcho, lord of the ticks, in an edh deck. But lve got a soft spot for him since he was one of my first cards and lm curious now on how he'd fare.

lf not the main gonzo, which 99s could he snuggle his snake bum cozily into?

Heh.
Saw that reddit post eh? I grabbed that box from amazon. Got to get a bigger bag for it though.
Also replace the two larger box's with 4 smaller ones.

As for your next deck. Wait for the 4 color decks this year and pick the one you like best.

if you dont mind adding red, which is actually really good for angels+humans, A Sunforger suite is REALLY good. That hammer just wins games.

Heres my list for angel tribal, my Sunforger suite is in it too. Haven't updated yet, im waiting to purchase foils of Bruna and Avacyn.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/birdwomen/

This is fine if the rule is known by everyone before the game starts. However, if you came here to play Magic, went off at a very reasonable turn 7, got told "You're first place, now we play for 2nd" and had to sit back and watch those faggots durdle for one more hour, it could be extremely frustrating.

I wouldn't agree to such a rule at my table and I wouldn't want to sit at a table that uses it so just make sure it's clearly explained beforehand.

What kind of box is that?

i asked this in the last thread but i guess we transferred here at some point and the thread got archived

i'm making a rakdos, lord of riots deck. i was going to make it into a group slug style deck, but it seems like it would be 10x better with reanimator elements instead. am i mistaken?

i like both the group slug and reanimator archetypes but i'd like to do the thing that is more fun/versatile/viable

So what is the gameplan when running Marchesa? Are you just trying to pump up a respawning roster of beaters?

My friend who comes to my store had one like this. I got mine from Home Depot. There are others of around the same size, but they have rounded bottoms.

Like I said, got the idea from a friend/regular. I haven't looked into a bag or extra boxes.I'd rather keep the 2 larger boxes so I can store tokens, dice, whatever.

The 4 colored doesn't sound like a bad idea. It was that or try to do some dumb things with spiders.

I had a friend who made a "mana less dredge combo deck" but the deck had plenty of mana sources lol

It was a pretty good though, capable of comboing turn 2-3 but usually more like 4

How bad am i?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-10-15-selvala-edh/

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-10-15-selvala-edh/
Did you just shove all the most expensive Green and White cards into this deck?
Because this is a shitty deck.

i tried to figure out marchesa myself but couldn't get her to really work the way i wanted. it's just a a hassle to actually get her on the board, give her a counter and take advantage of her ability. you can't really rely on marchesa EVER being on the board. she does give you good colors to use, so that's nice.

my advice is to build your deck to do something like threaten/sac or sac/recur or sac/reanimate, and then put marchesa in the command zone to compliment your already well balanced deck. bring her onto the table when you already have some stuff there, preferably some haste or graft creatures so she can get a counter immediately. her ability is incredibly powerful when it works, which is why your playgroup will probably try and stop it from ever happening.

>shitty

You're joking, right?

Explain why it's shitty

lmao get rekt combo player no one likes u

Thanks, that's about what I expected.

Not quite related: What's the gameplan for Teysa, Orzhov Scion?

From what I've seen from Selvala, they abuse/have fun with her Parley.

Your deck has a lot of expensive cards that are really annoying, but I don't see why she's your commander. If you want an annoying, permission/choke deck, why not just make your commander Teeg?

What is the deck actually supposed to do? What is its win condition?
What is Concordant Crossroads supposed to do, given that you aren't playing tokens?
What does Sensei's Divining Top do, given that you don't have any recursing shuffle other than Birthing Pod and SotF?

Your deck is an expensive pile of shit.

Gonna finally pick up a Flipjace since his rotation is around the corner. Whats the best way to go about building him? Combo? Blue control/value?

Of course not. Because WotC keeps asking for good pictures that just aren't suited for their card size. See - Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, that looks fucking good when you look at a big version but like a plastic toy in the card.

And then we have things like Nykthos, that look absolutely great in the card and horrible when you scale it up.

You have so many artifacts, stony silence seems like a weird choice, especially since you want to play stony silence early to get the most value, but then you'd have to use removal on it after you drew your important artifacts like birthing pod and such

But yeah for the most part it looks like a strong deck

I was going to say you lack recursion but you're running rest in peace so I approve

I'm most likely going to stick him in a wizard tribal deck.

Killing someone with damage from Jace will be the funniest thing ever.

This poster is retarded, don't worry about him

Deck seems a little unfocused but it's obvious how it wins

Selvala breaks the stax parity by usually giving me several extra mana, allowing me to do my thing, while other players can't. She also combos with a few cards in there, to parley everyone to death.
The reason shes the commander is because she's a combo piece, and also a way to get ahead through my own stax pieces.

Combo, thought that was obvious. I can explain them if i must

Concordant crossroads is a cheap way to give selvala/preist/channeler/archdruid haste. I don't need tokens to play Crossroads
Divining top lets me set up better parleys, and dig a little better, since the deck can be tutor hungry.

Also, outside of Pod and Survival, there are plenty of ways to do a one-shot shuffle, and Yisan and Fauna shaman are other repeatable shuffles.
You're a fucking idiot.

I guess that's why they are great. Customizable sizes are super useful. I don't have enough tokens to make use of the large boxes. I'll have to buy a second to get more smaller boxes.

Unless home depot sells single boxes? If you know?

Most decks should have at least one combo in them to get through ridiculous board stalls. The "play for 2nd rule" punishes people for winning in a perfectly legitimate way. It is therefore only a reasonable rule if you believe combo is something that should always be punished.

I know stony silence cuts off a fair amount of cards in my deck, with a couple of them being pretty important, but It randomly wins against some strategies, which i think is a fine sacrifice to make. If it becomes too worrisome, or artifact decks fall out of favor where i play, i could replace it with static orb.

You bring shame to my Selvala deck.

>Salty Conceding edition

>Playing a white deck
>Opponent plays Gloom
>Gets mad at me for auto conceding and telling him I wont play against his deck until he takes it out

>Playing ore wastes Karn
>Opponent plays Ruination
>Gets mad at me for auto conceding and telling him I wont play against his deck until he takes it out

He slips shit like that into each of his decks. Cards that just single handedly shut down my specific decks then acts like I'm an ass hole for quitting.

And you may or may not have spent $1800 on a expensive pile of crap, sooooooo...

i'm sorry, sir.

I think the stax part's obvious. Is this common in your play group? I see your point about Selvala helping you get ahead, my point was that this seems like a very competitive deck regardless at who's at the helm.

Any edh groups in minnesota? My group always plays Tuesdays now and I haven't played in months

What about the cunt combo player punishing the 3 other players who are there to play magic. Not shuffle up, draw a few cards and then start a new game.

I'm going to start implementing the 2nd place rule I think.

I prefer to let them get a hard-on from their combo and then Stifle it or similar at the key moment and watch the salt.

Ruination almost always deserves a spot and you're a salty fuck for asking him to take it out.

Gloom is a weird hate card given how weak white is in EDH overall but if your meta has a lot of white, then it's a perfectly reasonable card to have in his deck.

This is EDH, there's generally no sideboard so the hate cards go in the mainboard. It's something you should learn to deal with. Would you also complain about Rest in Peace or Stony Silence if you played decks that got shut down by those?

I checked, got nothing. I might put dividers in, but I think their sizes are fine. The most annoying part is that they don't fit in the 2 slots by the handle.

I'd like to put some decoration corresponding with the decks in there, but I might take apart some of them (built Edric before I realized my playgroup has a kill Edric on sight rule), so I'd like the decoration to be module.

>>>tfw I've gotten more responses about my box than my cards.

Winning the game isn't punishing other players. It's just winning the game. If they don't like losing then they should try to, you know, not lose. Have more interaction.

you are an asshole for quitting.

Hoser cards and losing to bad matchups are part of the game, and especially part of this format.

Shuffle up and play again you fucking bitch

Our "meta" is literally each others decks. We rarely play anyone else. He puts them in specify because they shut down my decks.

He puts those kinds of cards in his decks then hounds me for that exact matchup so he can play those cards that are basically autowins.

I on the other hand put no such cards in my decks that just shut his decks down even though I could I I wanted.

White already has plenty of enchantment removal. No need to cry and instascoop when a mean enchantment hits the table.

The amount of stax decks/faster combo competitive decks are increasing... Partly because of previous iterations of this deck.

So yes. it's common.

Yeah, what this guy said is correct. If you don't have answers to an enchantment in white, or enough basics, then you should possibly rethink how you play EDH or just stop playing.

Insisting that everyone else stop because you won is, however, which is the point.

>Our "meta" is literally each others decks. We rarely play anyone else. He puts them in specify because they shut down my decks.
So, he puts them in because they shut down the only decks he plays against in his meta? Sounds pretty smart fampai, maybe you should imitate him.

Then put those cards in there?

mtg isn't balanced around copious amounts of autism to be honest. no one decent plays hate cards