How do I enjoy Shadowrun?

So, my current group swapped to Shadowrun, since we've played before. The first time I played, I used a melee character which was so f***ing useless and boring (But I love being melee in any game). Right now I'm playing a ranged/skillboat character, but Shadowrun is just so tediously boring to me.

The setting is a poor man's Bladerunner
The character design is so limited and development is nonexistent. From what I've seen, you basically don't change at all from what you start with. Bigger guns, maybe.
You're pretty much forced to be an 'edgy cancerstick-smoking liberal DontefromDmCDevilMayCry mercenary', which I hate. I always play a morally upright character

I've played Mutants & Masterminds and Savage Worlds, hated both of them for the same reason.

DnD 3.5 was pretty good, 5th and 4th are just shit.

I guess particularly for Shadowrun vets, what do you guys like about it? How do you play your characters? I won't be leaving my group, but I don't want to hate every Saturday night we have.

You'll need to take a step back and re-evaluate the setting if you feel that you're forced to play that sort of character. Just off the top of my head, I can name a few characters capable of existing in the average Shadowrun party that hold strong moral compasses:

*Hacktivist (usually neo-anarchist)
*Good cop used as scapegoat by corporation
*Peaceful priest empowered by faith (Shamanism usually)
*Vigilante

Take a second. Breathe. Read. Be cool, omae.

>
>MUH CORPORATIONS
>MUH CORPORATE ESPIONAGE
>MUH CANCERSTICK SMOKING

Fuck you edgy, liberal cyberpunk faggots. There is nothing cool or fun about playing DmC:Donte May Hack

I'm not even sure what you're saying here, besides angrily stringing a few buzzwords together.

If you don't like noir or cyberpunk:

You aren't going to like Shadowrun.

We could try to persuade you to like it, but that's about it.

I myself made a shadowrun character as a mage excommunicated from her family as she picked up a forbidden mentor spirit and thus was almost crippled without a purpose - you can make whatever character you want.

Assuming your OP, I retract my words. You shouldn't rethink the setting; you should run far away. Perhaps apply for moderator status on InfoWars and leave Veeky Forums the fuck alone.

Here's how you "get" Shadowrun
Step 1: go back to /v/
Step 2: consider suicide
Step 3: commit suicide

Here's your (You) for wasting my time

>user gives constructive answer, which is more than this thread deserves
>Lel buzzwords you fagget

Maybe, just maybe, you were the faggot all along OP

Oh, it's this faggot again. I would argue how you don't like fun, or you're an asshole for shitting up Shadowrun generals, but you know what's more interesting than you or your bullshit?

Redheads.

>3.5e pretty good
>5e just shit

what

My Shadowrun character is a dwarf NEET who walks around in a suit and is good with drones.

It doesn't get much less DMC than that.

Lol, Mary Sues

>mfw I'm shitting up the /srg/ anyway

enjoy this thread, i've moved onto bigger prey

Well, duh.

Still better than snakeman rapemaster with 4 arms and neon hair hacking into everything.

Do you know what that term is supposed to mean?

Forget it Veeky Forums, it's a troll thread.

Shadow is kind of shitty as far as cyberpunk settings go. People generally only like it because it's been going on for so long, and has magic in it.

>Make Mary Sue characters
>The characters are all non-lawful because they go against MUH EVEL CORPORATIONS OWNED BY REPUBLICANS
>everyone's an edgelord tryhard that you'd find in their own corner of a bar sulking
>mary sue gear like robot arms just to make you feel unique
>cancer stick smoking

The cancer of all tabletop games. No wonder your generals move so slow, everyone knows how cringey people who like cyberpunk are and stray away.

Wake up, nerds. It's not the 80s, cyberpunk isn't and will never be in again.

>cyberpunk isn't and will never be in again

Mr. Robot is pure, straight-up postcyberpunk and also one of the most popular and well-received shows running right now so you're literally retarded

>postcyberpunk
That's not cyberpunk you nerd

>f***ing

This was just posted in /srg/. Try harder.

How the fuck does s Savage Worlds cater to liberal anarchists and edgelords?

Forget it, man.