/sss/ - Super Stand Somedays (JoJo)

psycho killer

>Thread Prompt:
Make a serial Killer Stand

>What is a Stand?
For those unfamiliar to the series, a Stand is a physical manifestation of a person's spirit. Each person has their own unique Stand with the possibility of a host of powerful abilities. Stands are named after songs or albums!
jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand

>For a quick Stand, use:
pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html
(make sure you make a connection between the name and the ability!)

OR

>Go the organic route and make a Stand based off the feel and lyrics of a song or album

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
musichub.wikia.com/wiki/My_Land_Is_Burning:Andy_Partridge)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Electrokinetic_Claws)
youtube.com/watch?v=liSowmzDRBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JoJo Systems! (in no particular order)

>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things
>d10(still being updated by a lovely user)
docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit

>Go the organic route and make a Stand based off the feel and lyrics of a song or album
>youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
help me anons. How do I make a stand based on this song?

Is this a shit idea? I tried doing something a bit original but it sounds pretty bland now that I reread it.

「BURN MY SHADOW」(Unkle - Burn my Shadow)

Power: D
Speed: A
Range: E
Durability: D
Precision: A
Potential: E

Appearance: the stand is the user's shadow. In an environment where shadows can't be seen (ie. a dimly lit environment), the stand's power cannot be used. If the user is standing such that their shadow is not completely visible, the stand's power cannot be used. Therefore, the user has to stand in an open, sufficiently lit space if they want to activate their stand.

Ability: Burn my Shadow can only be activated if the user's shadow is completely visible, with nothing obstructing the view or an obstacle changing its shape (like a nearby lamppost's shadow cutting through it, for example).
As soon as this condition is fulfilled, the stand can be activated. Once activated, the user can move more freely, but still cannot allow their shadow to be completely obstructed from view by a large object or the absence of light, or the stand will cease to function.
Burn my Shadow allows its user to become temporarily untouchable by erasing the physical origin of any other shadow that comes in contact with their own. For example, a bullet piercing through the user's head would have its shadow pass through the user's own projected head on the ground: this means that the bullet's trajectory would seem to have "omitted" the user's head without harming him.
Similarly, if the user were to be impaled by a lance, the lance would simply cease existing in the area where it had pierced the user, and this area would be erased, thus breaking the lance in half. Anything that was already touching the user's shadow before the stand's activation won't be erased, though.
A sufficiently large object, however, could project a shadow large enough that it could completely obstruct the user's shadow, thus making the stand's power unusable.

「RED NIGHTMARE」(One More Red Nightmare - King Crimson)

Appearance:「RED NIGHTMARE」's lower body is entirely made of red gas. The only things that aren't made of gas are its head, shoulders, and arms which resemble something between knight's armor and machinery.

Ability:「RED NIGHTMARE」's most deadliest asset is the constant red gas that pours out from it. This gas is very poisonous and can kill a person in minutes.

Unfortunately,「RED NIGHTMARE」's gas is very flammable, and if this gas is set on fire, it can severely injure the user. It won't kill him, but he won't come out unharmed.

Destructive Power - C
Speed - C
Range - C
Durability - B
Precision - B
Developmental Potential - C

Seems fine. My Stand is far less complete

[This is Your Warning] (Set it off, Duality)

Apperance: A monstrous beast that reminiscent of a fallen angel who takes over the user's body and counter attacks with extreme force
Ability: This is your warning can only be used if the user verbally warns his assailant before a fight. If the assailant initiates the fight anyway, a fallen angel will appear, representing the users dark side, and will counter attack with twice the force used, regardless of form or ability.
Should the user not be attacked, or not be able to deliver the warning, the stand will not activate.

Step 1: Don't
Step 2: Refer to Step 1

Im having trouble with something and would appreciate the help. I'm making a stand thats going to evolve alongside its user both going from shoddy lazy and ambitionless into a something to be proud of the only problem is should I start with one weak ability and make it get stronger as it goes or have a complete change with still remembering who they were as in keeping the stands last ability before its evolution which it received a new one.

That's a neat idea, but I'm not a fan of the fallen angel aspect. Not sure what you could replace it with, though - maybe some sort of object used to "reflect" the opponent's attack back to him.

I think the stats should increase gradually, starting from an E in everything except Developmental Potential (which should be A), and with its final stage being B in all stats or something like that (but an E in Developmental Potential)

You could start from a specific but weak ability, and then modify it by making it more broad. Keeping the same "theme" throughout the stand's evolution would be good, I think.

Do you have any ideas about the stand's ability or not at all?

The idea behind it is kinda like how Bruce Banner always warns people not to make him angry, because you wouldn't like him when he's angry. Then somebody inevitably pisses him off, and he hulks out and smashes things.
Same generally idea, but thematically his powers tie to the warning. No ignored warning, no smashy.

How about making it a double-edged sword, with his stand reacting against all aggression even when he wasn't planning to defend himself in the first place?
So, if you playfully slap him, you get hooked in the face.

And yeah I get the warning part, it's just that visualizing a fallen angel fucking up the opponent isn't that exciting. That's just me though, not an objective statement.

Let's play the album game like last time. We pick an album, make stands from the songs in that album, and figure out a group from it. Evens decide the album.

Actor by Saint Vincent

Never heard of it. Regardless, will check the album out and see what happens. Looking at the track names, some decent Stand names there.

Well that was quick.

[ ] The Strangers
[ ] Save Me From What I Want
[ ] The Neighbors
[ ] Actor Out of Work
[ ] Black Rainbow
[ ] Laughing with a Mouth of Blood
[ ] Marrow
[ ] The Bed
[ ] The Party
[ ] Just The Same But Brand New
[ ] The Sequel

Hopefully I got that right

[Actor Out of Work]

This Stand is based around deception and disguise. [AOW] allows the user to assume the appearance of any person they meet. The longer [AOW]'s user stays disguised, however...the worse BOTH of their luck will become. After an hour, the victim and the user may find themselves prone to stumbling over small obstacles. After 6 hours, accidents will seem to go out of their way to happen to the pair. After a day, events with serious consequences will begin to occur; jobs could be lost, relationships destroyed, possessions otherwise misplaced.

After 48 hours, both parties will be dodging falling anvils and dancing around rattlesnakes in a ludicrous display of horrid luck. The only way to end the effect is to have the user voluntarily dismiss it, to beat the user into submission, or beat the odds in some way - though the longer it takes, the harder it gets. For the first few hours, calling a coin toss would probably do it. At the 6-12 hour mark, something akin to hitting a bullseye on a dartboard while handicapped in some way would suffice. At the 48+ hour mark, it would take something spectacularly unlikely to break it - though with all the bad mojo flying around, that million to one chance could crop up more easily than you'd expect...

Power: E
Speed: E
Durability: C
Range: A
Precision: E
Potential: A (If the user can learn how to spin the luck properly, it could become incredibly useful)

How's that?

[ ] The Strangers
[ ] Save Me From What I Want
[ ] The Neighbors
[X] Actor Out of Work
[ ] Black Rainbow
[ ] Laughing with a Mouth of Blood
[ ] Marrow
[ ] The Bed
[ ] The Party
[ ] The Sequel

I like it. It feels a little bit like Khnum with a handicap though so work on it a little.

I was thinking since I based the stand om the personality they posess it would make wounds that are inflicted on the persom dont heal like they should or just dont heal at all even under supernatural means but the user is able to take that wound back on to themselves because they feel bad and want to help and make up for thier actions. Im thinking about taking people pain and having the user take that away but have to use it another way its a stand that in the end can heal but damage just as easily.

The user of 《Save Me From what I Want》is a serial killer who is trying to hold back the urges the have with the stand they posses it can enact an area of effect that stops people from pursuing the bad habits they have I.e a smoker who has been addicted suddenly feels better and dosent have the urge to smoke
Although the effect is not absolute it does honestly help people who condider themselves unsaveable.

Destructive power: C physical
Speed: B
Precision: D
Range:C
Durability: B
Developmental potential:D

I want to make a big ol stronk punch ghost time power villain Stand, because I like them. Now, imposing time powers all seem to have been done, but I thought of one and I'd like to hash it out with you lads.

How does time displacement sound? Throwing an enemy, say, ten seconds to an hour into the future. To others it seems like the person vanishes for ten seconds, to the victim, it's instantaneous. This leaves the user time to set up an attack or trap or to disorient the victim by doing things in the ten seconds they vanish, like altering scenery or just moving around.

Does it sound good? Is it final villain tier?

It's pretty overpowered.

Appearance: Since「MARROW」is made of blood, there isn't much variation in the color. It resembles a miniature Hierophant Green.

Ability:「MARROW」is a Stand made out of the user's blood. When「MARROW」is summoned, it usually goes out through the back or hands.

「MARROW」can be hardened into a solid state, so it can create blades and melee weapons the user or「MARROW」can use.

A huge drawback to this ability is that「MARROW」is the user's blood. If too much of「MARROW」is summoned out, the user could experience symptoms of blood loss. Another drawback is that「MARROW」has to be connected as one piece, otherwise any blood it's not connected to will just turn into normal blood.

Destructive Power - D
Speed - A
Range - C
Durability - C
Precision - A
Developmental Potential - D

What about making time repeat while the enemies are unaware and any action that is done in repeat carries over when time goes to normal like a punch that lands once lands 10 times in repeat.

Or you could delay time that dosent seem like boss material but it could. Other tham than i think its fine it dosent immediately bring final boss to mibd but im sure you could make it work.

After the minor success of my attempt last thread, I present another video game-based stand.

「G R E Y T I D E」 (Based on the assistant phenomenon in Space Station 13)

Appearance: 「GREY TIDE」 is a swarm stand that consists of small human-shaped mechanical creatures with anatomy similar looking to someone in a grey jumpsuit on all fours with their back facing the ground, with the exception of a right-side-up head with glowing red eyes and two chrome crane-like arms sprouting from the creatures back.

Ability: 「GREY TIDE」 works for the most part automatically without the user's direct input. They scour the nearby area around the user, grabbing parts of or entire small objects that the user might want, or things that can help them in whatever goal the user wished to accomplish. In addition, the stand can jury-rig what ever it finds and gathers into machinery or more complex items, using individual units of the stand as a sort of adhesive or vital component keeping the mechanism from falling apart or otherwise being unable to function. The item in question is usually based around whatever the user can think of at the moment, and generally only works in their hands

Destructive Power - E
Speed - C
Range - A
Durability - E/B (each unit/the swarm itself)
Precision - B
Developmental Potential - A

Is there any way to make a purple hermit like stand not you know terrible?

Can use any medium to remote view, not just smashing cameras

So...you want to be able to knock someone into next week?

Nice to meet you, Cans.

Yeah that could work i guess like DIO's crystal ball. Do you think it should have some side ability like generating electricity or freezing what it touches.

I'd say maybe it leaves crawling vines on whatever it touches. They're not unbreakable, but they're a hindrance. Wrap Violet Loner around someone, leave as many vines as you need.

The more I think about it, the more it just sound like Spider Man webbing.

first try at a stand
[Black Rainbow]
Appearance: [Black Rainbow] has the look of a dark black featureless mannequin with 7 vertical indented lines spanning across its face, chest, and legs, ending at its shoulders. There is a large glass triangle in its chest slightly jutting out the front and back, with two smaller ones in it's hands. It's face is a large eye that looks like a camera lense, with Black Rainbow written on the rim.

Ability: [Black Rainbow] can effectively suck and absorb light in an area, into it's prisms. [Black Rainbow] can do this indefinitely, which allows it to render visibility in an area null. It can choose certain types and colors of light to absorb. As it absorbs light, the indents on it's body begin to glow the visible spectrum, being brighter with more consumed light. [Black Rainbow] can then expel this light out through it's prisms, It can create rough images akin to mirages, basically painting with light. It can absorb certain colours and expel others, able to make things roughly invisible, again akin to a mirage.The precision of the light expelled or absorbed can improve with more light to work with. Each of the three prisms can either absorb or expel light, and if all three are used for one task, can improve precision or power further, ie clearer image or take in more light. However, it's true power comes from "shifting" light. At the cost of some"charge", [Black Rainbow] can convert light to other points in the spectrum, stretching and changing the wavelength and frequency. It can condense it for high powers lasers that can burn. It does take more "charge" the further up or down the spectrum it is moved. But this allows the creation of gamma rays for deadly effects, and micro and radio waves to create interference for electrical devices. If experienced enough, a user could even send out rough radio messages in Morse code.

Destructive Power - B
Speed - C
Range - B
Durability - D
Precision - A
Developmental Potential - A

Sweet jesus that be scary, a 《Scary monsters》 ripoff but with spider's that have spiderman webbing id nope even if i had a good stand ability.

Anf youve guven me some neat ideas i like what you suggested thanks

Stand Name: My Land is Burning (musichub.wikia.com/wiki/My_Land_Is_Burning:Andy_Partridge)

Stand Power: Electrokinetic Claws )powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Electrokinetic_Claws)

Stand User: Partridge "Fuzzy" Pear

The Stand manifests as tattoos of the U.S Constitution and Amendments covering his whole body that only other Stand Users can see. The Claws the Stand generates however can be seen by non-Users, but only as a Jacobs Ladder effect between his fingers. The shape the Claws manifest in is subject to the whim of Fuzzy, they could be lock picks, scalpels, serrated knives, swords, spikes, all on the same hand, stiff as steel or flexible as paper. The huge drawback to the Stand is that it slowly uses up his electrolytes while active, meaning prolonged fights result in sluggish movements, muddy thought, maybe even his heart stopping because he can't produce enough bioelectricity to keep it beating.

How do you feel about the physical stats of a stand I know that it depends on the person but so some one's personality dictate the strength and speed or should the will they posses be a factor.

Hmm...I had an idea for a character, crippled irreversibly in an accident, but their will to survive and fight against a world moving too fast for them granted them a slowish but incredibly strong Stand.

I feel like it should fit the character, not really be a rule. A little more fluid and strange that way. Joseph is a musclebound ruseman with a shit Stand who can't even really attack.

Last thread I set about making a list of principles that would make one's games feel like JoJo. Think of these as being like Apocalypse World/ Dungeon World Principles.

Here's a revised list of what I have so far:
1) Be fabulous in visuals and mannerisms. Minimum one pose per game.
2) Be melodramatic. Be operatic. Be not just heard, but understood.
3) Be bizarre. Do everything at least 1° off from a plain and simple action.
4) Be disgusting. Gross everyone out.
5) Don't let your character be defined by their powers. Make your powers be defined by your character.
6) No fight is a clash of powers. Every fight is a clash of characters.
7) Make every fight a story with high stakes, thrilling danger, and bizarre twists.
8) Not every story is a fight, but every story is an encounter. A larger-than-life encounter between larger-than-life characters.
9) Heroes must earn their victories, Villains must earn their ass kickings.
10) Keep your campaign evolving. Never stop trying new ideas. JoJo was JoJo before Stands. JoJo was JoJo before Ripple. JoJo was JoJo when it had Spin. JoJo was JoJo when a Cyber-Nazi fought an ancient, South American Super Vampire.

There's surely more. Can you help, /sss/?

[Black Rainbow] has an ability and an attack: it allows the user to see in whatever spectrum they desire, and can fire projectiles with, let's say, 2/3 the power of a .22 round. It's a flying stand that, shit, this is basically Manhattan Transfer isn't it?

Ahh so its just a will one who just wants live could be just as strong as someone who wants to rule the world or do have it wrong. Oh and what story or campaign was your character set in what was the circumstances

Honestly, I don't think there's a solid rule for it in anything, or if there is I've somehow glossed over it. How Stands look and act seems to be some kind of unknowable magical nonsense, all we know is they're your fighting spirit or will made manifest. Why some people get some powers is beyond me and I don't think we can know, but I feel it should fit the user's personality or ideals or goals somewhow. For example, DIO wanted to always win and be on top, so he got a power that pretty much let him do what he wanted. Kira's Bites The Dust I think was informed by his desire to not be found out. Diavolo's time delete and precognition coming from his desire to remain hidden, too. They all serve a goal or ideal. Josuke's fixing can undo damage Kira causes. Giorno ends up being a perfect ironic foil to Diavolo.

And it's more creative writing than anything, I have to admit. Truthfully just a bunch of ideas floating around that sometimes come together cohesively. Right now, in my head, he's the main villain to a family of eight sibling Stand users and two investigators looking into the murder of the ninth sibling. How it comes together, I have no idea. But it's fun to think about! Maybe I'll write it some day.

Here's a stand I'm considering using as a villain stand if I ever get around to running the campaign. It's pretty fuckin OP though, potentially original The World concept OP.

「SPIRIT OF SURVIVAL」 is a Stand used by the alpha of a wolf pack. The Alpha is able to gain the strengths/abilties of enemies it kills. For animals, this might mean that it could gain armadillo armour, or cobra venom, etc., however in the case of Stand users this obviously allows Alpha to gain the powers of their Stand, seemingly without limit to the number of Stand powers it can absorb, as it only takes the power, not the Stand itself.
It basically starts off as just a strong wolf, then it starts to hunt animals and get their powers, and after it begins edging in on human terrain with its pack it eventually runs into Stand users and takes some of their powers, mostly through the help of the pack. I'd make this a recurring villain, who gains more abilities between fights, maybe end up with it under the real villains control. Bonus points if it kills one of the protagonists, and the power gets used against the rest of them.

I spent 20 minutes trying to write a good, coherent Stand for this song.

I failed.

Not a shit idea at all, you twisted the shadow Stand concept so that it focused on the user instead, so that's unique enough as it is. This would work as an amazing Stand for an SBR powerlevel game. Stealing.

This one seems a bit too generic. I like the design, but I feel like its ability is lacking, especially for a Stand based off of a King Crimson song. Maybe you could have the gas be a neurotoxin that shapes itself to the nightmares of the user's target. These gas figures will never actually damage the target, only ever exposing the target to more neurotoxin. In this way, the target starts off in immense fear, and the more the figures catch them, the more delirious they get until their heart finally pops. If the user is strong enough to overcome their fear, they can burn it, but even then, they are not free. Should they burn the main body, it will explode in a crimson flash, applying the neurotoxin to anybody in a 100m radius, but in the process almost killing the user.

I agree with what this user is saying: interesting ability, but the "fallen angel" theme doesn't really fit. Maybe you could give it a warning light theme and make the Stand appear as a glowing yellow figure of energy when active and black when inactive, mimicking the flashing yellow warning lights on railroad crossings. This user's suggestion of making the retaliation involuntary is a really, really nice way to make it unique as well.

I think that i have an idea of what it is better. Im having difficulty in thinking of what the opposite to the stand i want to use. It has the ability to manipulate damage and transfer it to another object or person what would be the opposite of that? Oh and thats sounds like it could be interesting best of luck to you in writing.

Throwing my hat in the ring.

[Laughing Mouth Blood] is a Stand bound to the user's flesh that allows them to manipulate its elasticity. This is primarily used to deflect attacks. In its dormant state, [Laughing Mouth Blood] keeps its user's skin stretchy, and any incoming damage will still hurt, but the skin will remember the imprint and rebound it back. In its active state, the user can recall any imprints ever made upon their skin and rebound their flesh in the form of an attack more powerful than the original. The biggest caveat of this is blood. All the skin manipulation unevenly distributes the blood in the body, causing blood to spurt out in uncommon amounts whenever the user takes damage. This sacrifice is necessary, but can still lead to the user's downfall. Thus, by the first hit, the user is laughing with a mouth of blood, for their Stand has finally activated.

Here's an example. The user gets punched. Surprisingly, his skin caves in, to form the perfect imprint of the punch given to him. Blood shoots out of his mouth, but the punch has already been remembered. Anytime he wants to use it, he can shoot his flesh out of any area of his skin in a punch exactly like the one that hit him, albeit charged with Stand power, and therefore more powerful. He can store any kind of imprint and can release multiple at once in a type of Stand rush. If the user is smart, he can prepare by purposefully stabbing or punching himself to get the jump on his enemy. Any remembered imprints will be forgotten in a day.

I like it it seems like it would be fun to play around with.

Thanks!

「THE SOLUTION」 is based around the concept of feeling so embarassed you want to neck yourself. The Stand is a gun, similar to Hol Horse's Emperor in the way it is summoned and used, except the bullets cannot be similarly controlled. What the Stand's true power is, is that the user can send the person he shoots back in time in order to fix a mistake - including himself. However, this works by sending the affected to a new, identical universe. This leaves behind the one where 「THE SOLUTION」's user has just suddenly shot himself or someone else.
Also made as a bit of a gag I'd use if I were drawing a manga about him - before you introduce the Stand you show him shooting himself over a minor mistake, and the reactions of the people around him, then you cut to the new universe.

Thats actually terrifying to think about it be scared if he got through his problems it would be near impossible to beat something like that.

Yeah, a kind of controlled Groundhog Day thing, although if you manage to kill him before he kills himself, the loop ends, and he leaves behind a tonne of universes where his opponent wins because he killed himself, and unless he's a good shot it's not particularly good offensively, and that also leaves his opponents with an advantage in their next universe etc.

Wait his ability just straight up creates new universes? Not D4C like if so thats a bit much. Other than that its an interesting idea

He can't really hop freely between them, he just goes to the next one. Functionally it's more or less the same as if he just goes back, it just allows for gags and views of timelines where he appears to just kill himself, or others.

I think I understand what you're getting it and I have a suggestion.

Maybe you could make it a Stand that can displace wounds, as in he can give or take them to or from a source. The Stand hurts the user randomly, putting cuts all over their body beyond their control. At the beginning, because the user is selfish, he pawns off these wounds on innocent people so he doesn't have to suffer anymore. When he matures, he takes wounds from others to heal them. That way, you show he's different, a new man. You can even have him cutting himself before a battle so that it can be over and done quickly or dying because he healed someone

He also doesn't alter them, like Made In Heaven.
The idea is that you could use the gag I mentioned in the post I first described him on, or in a campaign if he's a villain you could have him tell the opponents to stop after a prolonged fight where he knows what's going on, then just suddenly kill himself, and you could just continue along 'that universe' rather than altering for time travel.

Oh ok thank you for explaining. Good luck with your stuff!

Thanks! Although I'm still trying to find a Stand to use in the first fight. Might just grab one for here - I just need an alright Stand to go alongside 「HOTEL CALIFORNIA」, which is basically Super Fly add Scooby Doo chase scene style logic for the user and the user's allies. Basically doors leading to anywhere else in the hotel, maybe even doors that lead you to the ceiling of the next room.

Thank you i appreciate it but on the first form i was thinking it holds the damage in an area like a tattoo or just adding it onto the stand itself you know making it glow more i guess but in the beginning there is a limit to how much can be stored and transferred. And any type of damage can be used that coke can you crushed by stepping on it is now fine while your arm us crumpled things like that. The way I would show the change is that they take the damage from anywhere the can and keep it stored or transfer it to objects (in the final stages of the stand) i was even thinking of any type of damage like diseases and stuff but it might be too much unless its a requiem i havent decided yet.

Maybe have a stand that can flip the world different ways in a select are like the stair way painting.

「ENOUGH SPACE」(Foo Fighters - Enough Space)

Appearance: Humanoid, with only the upper body. Wrapped in bandages, with a mouth gas mask and ski goggles with neon glass and filter.
Abilities: Almost an antithesis to The Hand and Cream, the Enough Space can create empty space in a circular area by placing both it's hands outward and/or together. It does not empty the affected space, but brings it into existence, pushing everything else adjacent out of the way. For example, if used on a brick wall, the wall would initially contort and stretch a circular hole into existence, but physics would then kick in, having the compressed rim of the hole explode. If done on air, the gases would rush into the vacuum. The added space itself doesn't exert force, only the resulting effects from matter around it. A direct attack on a person could be devastating, both compressing parts of the body and creating a vacuum.

[ ] The Strangers
[X] Save Me From What I Want
[ ] The Neighbors
[X] Actor Out of Work
[X] Black Rainbow
[X] Laughing with a Mouth of Blood
[X] Marrow
[ ] The Bed
[ ] The Party
[ ] The Sequel

The strangers: this stand is actually in total although it puts a great strain on the user to use more than 1 as a punch ghost which is why they prefer its ability.

Destructive power: D
Speed:D
Precision:A
Range:D
Developmental potential: C

Who?: the requirement for this ability is fairly simple if you bump into the user or just touch physically and do not make eye contact your personality and abilities are copied down almost perfectly not even a family member would be able to tell although the copies do for the most part listen the still are the person and will not do anything against the morals they hold.

I'd say the opposite would be an undodgeable attack. It doesn't have to be a super strong Stand, but its attack always hits what it was trying to hit. Can't be blocked, dodged or negated. It always hits.

Ooh thats a good idea I just might steal that thanks man. The only kicker here is that its going to have be before the stands evolution when it dosent have a high limit if damage that could be stored. Im thinking starting out really weak at first then getting sorta atrong then going full out thats broken but in a situational way.

So besides the arrow,Jesus, the wall eyes and being born with it has anyone made some cool ways to get a stand.

Need opinions on this Stand, guys.

「O GREEN WORLD」- (Gorillaz - O Green World)

Appearance: OGW resembles an old, near-anorexic baboon wearing a dirty cloth around its head and shoulders, seemingly made of garbage and carrying a rusted pipe. It appears next to its user.

Ability: OGW is a metee-range stand that can essentially cause a target to attract garbage of any sort after being struck by its pipe. At first, the attraction is rather weak and near useless, but as OGW repeatedly strikes, detritus begins moving faster toward the target. It takes an average of 7 blows before refuse starts flying at the speed of a bullet. Said waste begins to harden as it flies as well, but this is based on how light the junk in question is. A broken piece of iron is light as a feather, but a chunk wadded aluminum or paper can be deadly. It's effect is also mitigated by its melee range and how fast the opponent is.

Put characters in a situation like Jonathan was in when Dio Brando first put on the Stone Mask and became a vampire.

The Stand's first manifestation is treated like a DBZ Super Saiyan moment.

So a straight up rage induced power up?

I feel like this could have a cool stand, but I can't quite think what it would be. Help me, /sss/.
youtube.com/watch?v=liSowmzDRBs
Maybe something like the secondary effect of Super Fly, where it applies an opposite force under some condition?

[Aces High]

Appearance: A deck of 52 cards, the face is plain white with words printed on them and the back is pink with grey gears covering it.

Ability: Each cards printed word indicates its ability, the user can combine cards into "hands" for more powerful results.

Examples: Combining the "Shatter" and "Momentum" cards to rend a truck to pieces and send the shards flying at an opponent.
Combine "Water" "Volts" and "Float" to create a wall of electrified water to separate enemies.

How many abilities does it have?

52 different ones, since each card has a different effect.
I think thats too much though, so I could make the deck have less cards

Sort of but it's a one time deal. The User is in emotional duress, they manifest their Stand as the ultimate expression of their desire to fix the situation, the desire to persevere, something. Once the Stand has manifested for the first time they don't need to be in duress again to use it.

That said, it could also be interesting if Stands manifest under any extreme emotion, not just negative ones line anger or fear.

What about one for every card type kings queens,clubs,aces ect.

Yeah that could be intersting in a story but whats the drawing line for it? Could someone who reaches true despair gain a stand from that stress the same as someone who is brimming and shining down on others as a beacon of hope could they gain a stand that way through the collective faith in them from people or that they have in themselves?

>What about one for every card type kings queens,clubs,aces ect.

That would probably work better,1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Jack Queen King Ace for 14 separate effects that can also be combined together.
Now just gotta work on 14 fun attributes for the cards to have

「SMOOTH CRIMINAL」(You know the song)

Appearance:「SMOOTH CRIMINAL」is a pair of purple/pink colored floating gloves. Mist flows out of the holes. The left pair has the letter "S" on the back and the right has the letter "C".

Ability:「SMOOTH CRIMINAL」has the ability to switch the objects one has in their pockets between the target and the user. For example, if the user has a broken pencil and the target has a stick of gum,「SMOOTH CRIMINAL」can switch the objects between the two so that the target has the pencil and the user has the gum. In order to initiate this exchange,「SMOOTH CRIMINAL」' left hand must be on the target and the right on the user.

「SMOOTH CRIMINAL」 is not a fighting stand, and thus has little to no fighting capabilities. Although, if used creatively,「SMOOTH CRIMINAL」's power can make it a powerful opponent.

Destructive Power - E
Speed - B
Range - B (30-40 m)
Durability - C
Precision - A
Developmental Potential - D

Someone in the previous thread wanted stands for the Loteria cards, so you can have this for "The Hand"

You could do it like fire,water,ice,wind, gravity, rock you know the classics and have everything together be a fuck off beam of everything that leaves the user tired as fuck.

I had an idea for something like this except anything the user touched switched places with each other oh thats a nice arm you have there would be a shame if a pen replaced it magically.

Finding the tree of eden and eating an apple. God just didn't want Stand users. Or something.

[Beezleboss]

Appearence: 10ft tall red humanoid with black horns and goat legs.

Ability: Beezleboss can brand enemies, once branded there is no escape, death will come in 1 hour. The only way to remove the brands is to defeat Beezleboss and its user in a rock/dance off.

You know, this has actually given me a great idea to incorporate into another stand idea I was fleshing out.

Wandering Souls

The so-called "Wandering Soul" Phenomenon is a series of unusual supernatural phenomena that have been reported at various scattered locations. Numerous visitors to these areas claim to have seen a multitude of small, multicolored glowing lights floating through the air. Though many other visitors have said they saw no such things, those claiming to have witnessed these Wandering Souls have stuck to their stories with extreme fervor. Furthermore, rumors associate the Wandering Souls with other supernatural phenomena in the same areas, such as people allegedly gaining superpowers. This has led to a recent explosion in tourism in areas where the Wandering Soul Phenomenon has been reported to occur.

In reality, the Wandering Souls are the stand 「Fly Away From Here」.

「Fly Away From Here」 (Fly Away From Here by Aerosmith)

Power: None
Durability: Infinite (intangible)
Potential: A

Appearance: a series of small glowing lights of varying color and brightness, which drift erratically through the air overhead. Upon extremely close inspection, it is revealed that each light is being emitted by a tiny, brightly shining particle at its center shaped like a butterfly, and much like snowflakes, no two are exactly the same.

Ability: As a stand, the particles comprising 「Fly Away From Here」 can only be seen by stand users and those with the potential to gain a stand. 「Fly Away From Here」 gravitates toward and seeks out existing and potential stand users who yearn for the power to drastically change their lives. If said individual does not possess a stand, a sufficient amount of 「Fly Away From Here」 particles absorbed will awaken it, much like a Stand Arrow. For existing stand users, absorbing 「Fly Away From Here」 particles will grant a temporary boost to their stand's power. The greater the number of particles absorbed, the greater the temporary increase in power. Absorption of particles is not automatic, and only occurs when a nearby stand user focuses on their desire for power and change. Additionally, like a Stand Arrow, absorbing a sufficiently large number of particles will trigger a stand evolution, granting new abilities.

Because of the benefits, many stand users have begun seeking out large concentrations of 「Fly Away From Here」 particles in pursuit of power. 「Fly Away From Here」 is naturally attracted to stand users, and the more stand users in an area, the denser the concentration will be. This makes large-scale conflicts between stand users inevitable, as power-hungry individuals and 「Fly Away From Here」 particles are naturally drawn to each other in a vicious cycle.

The particles, however, have a side effect. Every time a particle is absorbed by a stand user, a small portion of their past experiences are changed, almost inperceptibly. As more and more particles are absorbed, more and more of their past is rewritten. This is not merely an alteration to memory; the actual events of an individual's past are in fact changed by this effect. If, for example, their past experiences were altered to include an incident where they received a wound, their body would now bear a scar in the present. However, only that individual's past is changed, and the changes to the past are not reflected in any part of reality outside of their own body and memories. For example, if their past was altered to a loved one being dead when that same person was currently alive, the person in question would stay alive, but the individual whose past was altered would remember them being dead instead, as if that had always been true. Effectively, it is the same as changing an affected individual into one from a parallel universe where the past happened differently, and dropping that individual into the current universe.

People are shaped entirely by their experiences. As an individual's past is changed by the absorption of 「Fly Away From Here」, their personality gradually changes as well into that of a whole other person. They become colder, crueler, more callous and sadistic. Finally, once the absorption of 「Fly Away From Here」 particles reaches a critical point, the transformation completes. The affected stand user's past is rewritten into the life once lived by another person, and their former personality is erased entirely.

Who are they replaced by? The deceased master of 「Fly Away From Here」, or rather, of the stand's original form: 「Dream On」.

「Dream On」 (Dream on by Aerosmith)

Power: C
Durability: E
Potential: A

Appearance: A tall humanoid figure. The body is insectoid in proportion and covered in a black and grey exoskeleton, with hooked claws on its fingers and digitigrade legs. It is wearing a dark shirt designed like that of a pierrot, with the collar being of the extravagantly ruffled variant worn by stereotypical medieval nobles, and a net-like cape connects its two arms, extending up to the elbows. Its neck is long and attached to a small head, having proportions like a drinking bird toy. Its head is a nondescript oval with radio antennae arranged on top in a crown-like shape, a long proboscis, and a butterfly mask on its face. glowing, iridescent neon patterns cover its body and clothing, from which ethereal butterflies constantly flitter out and back in.

Ability: the original form of 「Fly Away From Here」 before its user's death, 「Dream On」 has the ability to read and steal another person's past experiences through physical contact. These can include things such as steps of learning martial arts and other skills, granting the user those skills piece by piece as the enemy gradually loses those abilities. More insidiously, these can include such things as events of past relationships, destroying an enemy's camaraderie with their longtime allies. Perhaps most dangerous of all is the ability to steal the formative experiences of a person's life that caused them to develop a stand. If these experiences are stolen, the target will completely lose their stand, which will be transferred to the user of 「Dream On」 in addition to their existing stand. Any experiences stolen by 「Dream On」 are replaced with dull, lifeless tedium, to the point where it is possible to drive a weak-willed victim to immediate suicide by absorbing their life's experiences with 「Dream On」 and leaving them without reason to live.

Physical attacks such as punches or kicks will steal only a small fragment of an opponent's experiences, though the amount stolen increases with the power put behind an attack. It is much more effective to maintain contact with an opponent, but the opponent will need to be debilitated or restrained to safely do so. If the opponent is fully unable to resist, 「Dream On」 can pierce the opponent's forehead using its proboscis and feed directly on their past, massively increasing the rate of experience drain.

In addition to this, 「Dream On」 is capable of summoning 「Fly Away From Here」 particles at will, though this ability has a cooldown depending on the amount summoned at one time. Particles summoned by 「Dream On」 no longer grant temporary power or stand evolution, and will make the user of 「Dream On」 instantly aware of anything that occurs in an area blanketed by 「Fly Away From Here」 particles. 「Dream On」 can also gather these particles together to form butterfly shaped projectiles, which can be sent after an enemy to seek them out and rewrite their experiences in a fashion similar to 「Fly Away From Here」.

Finally, 「Dream On」 is capable of summoning the original stand of the person replaced by the user of 「Dream On」, as well as any stand stolen through experience drain, at will in order to use their abilities or defend against attacks on the stand or its user. Because of the relatively low combat stats of 「Dream On」, it relies on assimilated stands for direct combat as it steals experiences from an opponent.

I like this idea alot now you've given me some ideas for something

This is also pretty cool.

[2 minutes to midnight]

Appearance: a plain single door coloured like ivory.

Ability: Once you enter the door you are transported to a dark forest where the stands true form resides, a werewolf.
If you are wounded by this creature then you will become completely blind in two minutes time. [2 minutes to midnight] will move swiftly to blind every opponent then move in for kills.

Speed: A
Range: B

「The Sequel」

Power: B/A
Speed: C/A
Range: D/C
Staying: C/B
Precision: C/E
Learning: B/E

「The Sequel」 appears as a bright white silhouette with crazed purple lines all across its body, whose mouth seems to be a wide gash that faces side-on to any lightsource in the area regardless of the user's orientation, and even splits to account for multiple sources of light where appropriate.

「The Sequel」 possesses the power of 「There In The Dark」, letting it cast a shadow that moves independently of it which can interact with the shadows of other beings, up to and including manifested Stands. Naturally, this shadow cannot manifest in places with too little light, but it can effectively separate itself from 「The Sequel」 so long as there is light around for it to remain in, though it's typically implemented to double up the force of any given punch, and only really sent out for other purposes if the user thinks their Stand's power has been discovered or that there is no other way to succeed.

「The Sequel」 also possesses the power of 「Going Out To Get You」: if a blow of sufficient power to significantly damage 「The Sequel」 or its user is received, its body will crack along the purple lines of its body, and its true form of a roiling mass of purple sludge will pour out of the shell seemingly indefinitely, slithering around attempts to damage it and attacking just about everything in range indiscriminately save the user themselves until either the user or everything else in the area is dead.

>killing yourself to fix your past mistakes
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
TER THE GU-U-UN

This is amazing.

>>Go the organic route and make a Stand based off the feel and lyrics of a song or album.

Or you can take the 3rd option of thinking of a gimmick, then selecting a song that you like or works with said gimmick. For example;

「THIS AIN'T A SCENE」 - A subtle stand that doensn’t manifest itself physically, but allows it’s user to both see and interact directly with stands. In combat, once the user engages another stand user 「THIS AIN'T A SCENE」’s secondary ability, 「IT'S AN ARMS RACE」 activates, allowing the user to perfectly counter whatever stand it’s facing.

However, it can only focus on one opponent to counter at a time, and it's up to the user of 「THIS AIN'T A SCENE」 to defend against any physical attacks the opponent themselves makes towards them.

「PAINT IT, BLACK」(Paint It, Black - The Rolling Stones)

Appearance:「PAINT IT, BLACK」is a black colored humanoid being resembling a scuba diver. It has diving tanks all along its arms, legs, and back. Paint brushes are attached to its hands and feet.

Ability:「PAINT IT, BLACK」has the ability to paint in a 3D space. It can draw up painted walls and barriers using the paintbrushes attached to its limbs. The paint, once drawn, is immovable and virtually indestructible but does not last for a long while. The paint can only last around three minutes before crumbling to dust.

Although「PAINT IT, BLACK」is rather weak, it makes up for it with its high speed and defensive capabilities.

「PAINT IT, BLACK」can only use so much paint at a time and has to undergo a refilling period every so often. This period usually lasts five minutes and during this time,「PAINT IT, BLACK」cannot paint.

Destructive Power - D
Speed - A
Range - D
Durability - B
Precision - A
Developmental Potential - B

Could anyone give me basic ideas for stand abilities that aren't overpowered but are still versatile and dangerous?

I just need a basic theme.

[Polaroid]

Appearance: A dark green polaroid camera

Abilities: (Teleportation) The user of [Polaroid] can teleport himself and objects to locations shown in the photographs he takes. This ability includes being able to take a picture of a person and launching things at them through their picture.

(Hold that pose) By using the flash feature of [Polaroid] can freeze a person in place, this only works on one person at a time and only ends when the flash is used again.

Do something involving vibrations

You could always adapt old pagan rituals to be a means of forming stands, potentially as an award or a curse. As a random example:

[Welcome to the Black Parade]
Destructive Power: C
Speed: C/B(attack method)
Range: D
Developmental Potential:E!

[Welcome to the Black Parade] is actually a stand from ancient Tudor times as a result of a curse placed upon Mary I, who became known as "Bloody Mary". As a counter measure, the legends state that a Catholic priest sold his soul to allow Queen Mary to effectively live forever, and for the heretics she burned to serve the one true faith - thus, The Black Parade(as it became known in modern times) was born.

Appearance:
The stand has adapted uniform over the years, but there have been similarities across history. For one, the stand is always a humanoid of the same height as its user, with verse-engraved stained glass skin and an ashen wood skeleton. Currently the stand wears a beefeater's uniform, clothed in coal black and silken white, with a golden cross worn around its neck.

Abilities:
[Welcome to the Black Parade] Is not one stand, but an army of many, rendered Maverick by the "death" of its user. In an unknown location lays an army of the stand, each member armed with a standard rifle, each waiting to be called by the chant of Bloody Mary to defend those of the Catholic Faith.

[The Beaten and the Damned] Those who perform the Bloody Mary chant, or are about to commit suicide near places of Catholic faith summon a soldier from the stand's army. If judged worthy, the soldier will become the stand of the summoner - if not, they will be killed as per the Bloody Mary myth. The stand will not answer the call of non-Catholics and those who have an awakened stand.

[I'm not a hero] is the final ability of the stand. If a person with stand potential is deemed worthy in "The eyes of God" and is in a situation it cannot handle, it will sacrifice itself to awaken the user's dormant stand.

/sss/, what kind of stand would fit someone obsessed with kidnapping people and lobotimizing them.

[Be Mine]

Appearance: fat golden coloured humanoid covered in jewellery.

Ability: [Be Mine]s whole body acts as a pocket dimension that he can absorb objects and people into, as long as they are not larger than itself.
Living creatures have their life force drained and strength transferred to the user

>Make a serial Killer Stand
「RULE'S GAME」(by mayasay)

Power: ?
Speed: ?
Range: ?
Durability: ?
Precision: ?
Potential: ?

Appearance: Can't be seen by anybody that's not a stand, because it move and exist in a micro-second, but basically, imagine a humanoid chess fool, which have one eye with "yes" and one with "no" wrote on it.
At first it's believe that it's a stand of an human, but it's the stand of a pair of glass, and the human just got along extremely well with these.

Ability: The stand user, called the Referee, call the stand by setting a game and his rules. If one of them is broken, and the stand user knows it, then the time stop, The Rule check if the rule breaking is real. If it is, then the Rule just swap out of existence the cheater. The bad side of this stand, is that there's one basic rules: the Referee can't be a part of the game, so he can't be attacked, but he can't attack as well.

How often do Stands do mind-control? I have a cool idea from something that popped up on my playlist this morning, but I'm not sure how viable ti would be.

「Seven Widows Weep」(Seven Widows Weep by Sirenia)

Power: ?
Speed: ?
Range: ?
Durability: ?
Precision: ?

Appearance: Taking the from of a mermaid with a green-and-gold scaled tail, a humanoid upper torso with shells and seaweed and metal armor covering the upper body, and a faceplate covering the mouth of an otherwise fairly attractive woman with long blonde hair.

Ability: The Stand enhances the singing voice of the Stand User, allowing them to sing and imbue 'orders' to those that hear the song via mind control. Any song will do, though it is harder to resist and be removed from if the song is related to the action that is being ordered.

「FRIDAY, FRIDAY」
Range: B

Appearance: A slender silver dancer, with long audio cables for hair.

Ability: Once the stand's ability is activated, the target is trapped in a time loop, watching as everything around them repeats in a 30-second to 1 minute loop. Time is restored if the target sufficiently alters the actions of those trapped in the loop, but a new target can be chosen immediately after.

In principle I would say yes. Whether a character is in a pit of despair, is basking in glory, is in a fit of rage, etc a character could develop a Stand, probably one influenced by the emotional state they are in upon manifestation.

For example, what if Kakyoin first manifested Heirophant Green in a time of feeling extremely lonely? What if Josuke manifested Crazy Diamond when he was sick and needed something, anything to get the car out of that snow so his mother could drive him to the hospital? What if Jonathan Joestar, in a moment when he needed more valor than ever before, spawned a Star Platinum-like Stand to fight the fresh vampire Dio Brando?

Honestly, I prefer this way to the Stand Arrow, it gives Stands more of a meaning.
I mean, could there be a moment more badass than someone manifesting a Stand out of pure emotion?

Kings of Leon (or Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Unusual stand bound to water, starting off as a simple spring that flows into a backwards-river. The stand has no real offensive power, it's main purpose appears to be cataloging the timeline, that massive steam flowing behind it doesn't truly exist except to those "on" it.

If one were to be on a boat and follow the stream you would essentially by traveling back in time.... which would be a great boon to anyone! If it weren't for the fact that the further back you go, the colder it gets and that there is no way to go up the stream. So any changes you make you would not live to see, as when you get off of the timestream you are then trapped.

That's what Tonio Trussardi did

I'm not really sure what this stand is capable of?