Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Kestrels are halfling-harpies and halflings are slaves in Golarion. Do you think they keep kestrel slaves in cages like songbirds? Would you buy one?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/g/genesis
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/create-demiplane
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/b/brutalize-wounds
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48202128/#q48202452
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48323194/#q48326635
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Do you think they keep kestrel slaves in cages like songbirds?
They don't because they don't exist.

Remember, the vigilante playtest ends tonight at midnight, so if you want to download the playtest doc, please do so before then.

No, because Kestrals are not born to slave communities according to the book. They also only exist if the GM rules it.

Thank you for letting ANYONE have Companion to the Lonely!

I'd buy one
I'd fuck one

Jolly doesn't deserve this kind of shit, user.

So we discussed Corpse Cannibal and other such traits that give boons for consuming human flesh.

What are some other ways to factor cannibalism into a character? Flesheater barbarian? Blood Transcription?

Hello, /pfg/! How's your Saturday treating you? Well, I hope.

>Kestrel tend to be raised in communities much like the ones that gave rise to them, which have a mixed population of kestrel, halflings, and harpies.

But what if that community IS a slave community in Cheliax or wherever? Like the ones with strix, only with harpies instead.

Is this a sufficiently /pfg/-like party?

No
tiddies are too small

As an 11th level druid, what resurrection options do I have? Just Reincarnation?

Flat is justice! I'm a hero!

>2016
>Playing Pathfagger instead of Dungeon World

>tonight at midnight
What time zone? I'd like to give it a final look, but I'll be away for a few hours.

>someone has a sword
>there's an actual monk

Fucking no

Well, a cursory look over the list seems to indicate as much. Maybe there's an archetype or something which adds to the spell list, but other than that, looks like your only option is to roll the dice and hope you don't inadvertently fuck up someone's build.

Eastern, although like I said, there's a 60% chance of me forgetting and leaving it open for sunday, since I'm going to be out with friends for most of sunday.

Do you have a source on that? Asking for a friend.

My crippling depression has gotten to the point that customers seem able to tell!

Are there communities of Strix slaves in Cheliax? I thought they just lived like outlaws.

As a Skald using the Spirit Totem line of rage powers, if I were to have my allies accept Raging Song would I be able to have my spirits attack enemies around my raging allies?

It's pretty chill, just doing prep work for my game and playing vidya while eating pizza.

Having a bit of a nervous breakdown over some stuff. It is not a good saturday. Does anyone have art of well-dressed mages with magic swords? Preferably elemental thematics.

I'm not sure I like that sword, but I like that sword.

Not sure why I didn't think of Tenshi.

What's a good class to gestalt with a Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) assuming I want to create the ultimate Dragonslayer? If it helps any, we're starting at level 12.

I'm thinking Slayer, but I'd like your input!

>I'm not sure I like that sword, but I like that sword.

???

Yes

Well, the text for skald's rage powers specifically mentions Lesser Spirit Totem as using the skald's ability modifier instead of his allies, so probably.

I'm always a fan of Alchemists, maybe Beastmorph Vivisectionist if you're gestalting with Zweihander Sentinel. You can get pounce and sneak attack with your big weapon, plus plenty of buffs to help you stand toe-to-toe with big scaly lizards. Plus at level 10 you can take the Mummification discovery which makes you immune to White Dragon breath weapons.

Ranger with Favored Enemy Dragon?

Please tell me the most interesting time Proteans were involved in your games!

What the hell is a Protean?

See

About the answer I expected, but I'm still disappointed.

One time my DM threw one at us as a random enemy. I don't know what kind, but I know we were 100% not prepared to deal with a Chromatic Sphere. We left.

Psion would be an excellent choice. Manifesting will not be impeded by armor at all, and you should have considerable Intelligence synergy.

Specified Energy Adaptation and Energy Adaptation will be a great help against breath weapons, and both are on the generic psion/wilder power list.

Take Craft Wondrous Item (and/or Craft Wondrous Arms and Armor) and use the extra +25% or +50% WBL to afford Wings of Flying or a Headband of Aerial Agility +6.

Be a psion (dual disciple) and select metacreativity (crystal) as your primary discipline and psychometabolism (second gear) as your secondary discipline. Use Psionic Knack to make the manifester level loss.

Metacreativity (crystal) should give you an amazing +4 untyped bonus to all attack and damage rolls with manufactured weapons so long as you maintain psionic focus. Psychometabolism (second gear) will also give you a +30 competence bonus to all of your speeds.

You should be very well-off both in combat with your psychometabolism buffs and out of combat with your general psion and metacreativity utility.

Synthesist? You can grab any elemental resistance/immunity you want with Evolution Surge, plus you have a significantly bigger health pool and your physical stats are going to be about the same.

>look up the source
>it's a girl
Bummer.

It's okay, there's plenty of kestrels in the sky for you.

What are the spheres of powers things I should really take a look at? Handbooks in particular? Are there any that are just so subpar I should pass over?

Not as cool as Slaad.

Additionally, if you indeed take this suggestion and play a psion|warder, you can have yourself a grand demiplane as well.

Doing so will involve taking Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, and one other item creation feat for a hefty +75% WBL. Take Overchannel as well, and spend 30,000 gp on an Orange Prism Ioun Stone (compatible with psionics: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747 ) and 20,000 gp on various mundane crystals.

With an Overchannel, your manifester level should be a hefty 15th. This will help you use Genesis's various augments:
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/g/genesis

>1. By spending 4 additional power points, instead of increasing the size of an existing demiplane, you may add or remove any planar trait available via the spell create demiplane to a demiplane you created via genesis. If you spend 6PP, you may choose any trait available via create demiplane, greater. Either of these augments changes this power’s duration to Instantaneous.

>3. By spending 4 additional power points and quadrupling the manifestation time, the maximum size increases to 20 10-ft. cubes per level.

>4. By spending 2 additional power points and channeling the power through specially-treated crystals similar to cognizance crystals that cost 20,000gp, the duration of this power becomes Permanent. These crystals are consumed during the manifestation process, becoming an infinitely fine lattice of psionic energy that roots the plane to the underlying fabric of its neighboring plane(s).

The damage you inflict upon yourself with Overchannel can be healed via Silver Crane maneuvers.

According to Elric, you only need to pay for the expensive crystals once: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43907367/#43908747

Thus, you should be able to rapidly expand your demiplane and add all sorts of marvelous features to it. Given a month of downtime, it could very well be the size of a small nation.

Why?

For what it's worth, I'm going to make this character as an Ulfen, probably already a Linnorm King.

Slaad were awesome.

Frog-like creatures of pure chaos, each with unique appearances and abilities and spreading chaos plague wherever they went, laying eggs in your stomach to later burst out as a full fledged Slaad ready to do the same.

Ygorl, king of the Slaad, was also pretty fucking bad ass.

They are coming, user, what are you gonna do?

>Treat 2hu posts like they're australian

Hey, fuck you. At least I'm not a Filipino and come from a civilized country.

The Great Ones aren't coming, they're already here.

The fact we haven't been destroyed by them is a testament to our insignificance, by continuing to live in blissful ignorance we unknowingly save ourselves from their ire.

Gonna get me a boat.

That'll sort 'em.

Arcane magic might not be particularly respected in the Land of the Linnorm Kings, but there is no stipulation against psionics, is there?

As a Linnorm King, you might use the demiplane creation process described in to create an extraplanar realm for your people. They would have no reason to blame it on wizardry, for clerics and oracles can also cast the Create Demiplane line of spells, and you are neither arcane nor divine.

Additionally, once you reach 13th-level, you can access Genesis's 6-point augment early by taking Believer's Boon (Psionics). This should allow you to use the following ability once per day:

>Psionic Amplifier (Su): As a standard action you can become an amplifier of psionic energy until the end of your next turn. This aura emanates 15 ft. out from you. All psionic powers manifested within the emanation either gain a +1 bonus to their manifester level or increase their saving throw DC by +1, chosen by the manifester when he manifests the power. This manifester level increase allows additional augmenting of the power being manifested.

Thus, you can muster a manifester level of 17th once per day.

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/create-demiplane

You should then be able to install portals (plural) in your demiplane and even alter its time trait.

I ready an action to grapple.

But I am curious about them. If I must bring the whole of humanity to their attention in my pursuit for knowledge, that is a sacrifice I must make.

I can't see why there would be considering psionics isn't even in the setting. They did add a supplement explaining how psychic magic would work in their setting? I know psychic is still different than psionics, but it can still give an idea.

They would, however, find reason to blame my character creating an artificial realm for them to live, rather than the kingdoms they are used to.

I want to include all weird and ludicrous combinations of races and all races in general in my setting. The campaign is about stopping an Exterminatus with self defense mechanisms in freefall towards the planet.
Is this going too far?

Then that truly is a statement of your puffed up pride! It is worthless to bring up the Great Ones because it is worthless to truly discuss the Great Ones in any measure of detail. They are above us, in both morality and reason, why should we possibly invest our meager brainpower in contemplating the existence of our betters?

Truly, the simple mind is a blissful one, ignorant of the truth.

Fuck off ignoramus. I am just curious, so I wanna know it all.

Investigator is a good gestalt with a Warder. Studied Combat is stupidly good with full BAB/Strikes, you can pick up good utility via extracts, and Inspiration gives you an enormous amount of skill mastery (and can boost you in-combat too). It also lets you avoid trying to convince your rad barbarian people that No, Psionics Aren't Real Magic. You get your strength from your brawn, your quick wits, and by chugging extract-infused ale straight from the mug just like a proper Ulfen should.

Curiosity killed the cat, along with so many entrepreneurs that sought something beyond the mundane.

>ale
fuck, meant mead

>Ale
>Not the divine teat of one of your Valkyrie wives

user please.

Sitting here with a pastebin full of like 10 character concepts and I'm trying to choose which one I want to play. The list keeps growing.

So you're going to Exterminatus a planet just because of the races?

Occult Origins does not cover how dedicated psychics are viewed in the Land of the Linnorm Kings.

Once you reach 13th-level and can add portals to your demiplane, it might not be a hard sell if the demiplane is a bountiful paradise with homes for everyone.

>Bountiful: Your demiplane gains a thriving natural ecology, with streams, ponds, waterfalls, and plants. The demiplane provides enough plant-based food (nuts, grains, fruit, fungi, and so on) to support one Medium creature for every 10-foot cube of the demiplane. The demiplane does not have any animals unless you transport them there, but the ecology can sustain itself for as long as the demiplane exists without requiring watering, gardening, pollination, and so on, and dead organic material decays and returns to the soil in the normal manner. If your demiplane has ambient light, these plants are normal, familiar surface plants; if it is a realm of twilight or darkness, these plants are fungi and other plants adapted to near-darkness or underground locations.

>Structure: Your demiplane has a specific, linked physical structure, such as a giant tree, floating castle, labyrinth, mountain, and so on. (This option exists so you can pick a theme for your plane without having to worry about the small details of determining what spells you need for every hill, hole, wall, floor, and corner).

You could even retrain away Believer's Boon once you reach 14th-level.

That said, if you would rather not do this, you would still be a perfectly competent and capable psion|warder. The benefits from your psion focused disciplines are noteworthy, and what more of your actual psionic powers?

This power, in particular, would synergize well with maneuvers and stances:
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/b/brutalize-wounds

When your maneuvers and stances cause you to dole out mountains of extra damage dice, this will be a strong debuff indeed. It will help even your fellow initiators.

I would gladly die (and take all of humanity with me), if I even obtained a sliver of information.

Well, lay them out, give them a brief summary, and we might be able to help you pick one.

>Psionics isn't even in the setting
Except for the pages about it in the setting book, right?

And that is where you are foolish, for what would you possible enjoy out of that sliver of information if it cost you the continued existence of Humanity? The Great Ones are endless, it is best to understand them simply as universal constants than something worthy of understanding and study.

For those who wish to welcome the Great Ones, pic related is your reward.

You fucking luddite. I crave knowledge.

Knowledge that will prove to be the end of all things.

Is that what you want? A sliver of understanding the fabric of the universe in exchange for the destruction of all that we know?

Take that shit to /quest/, you fucks.

Yes, obtaining knowledge provides relief for me.

Breastfeeding is shit-tier fetish.

Hey guys, Zootopia user here.

We left off last game with the party taking up positions for a stake-out in Tundra Town, getting settled into various locations. The melee brutes (Rhino, Elephant, and Panda) kept to the low floors. Catfolk, Ibis, and Blinkling are higher up in overwatch positions

>Lesson number one of stakeouts: stakeouts are boring, no matter how hard you try
>Lesson number two: don't try to start one up when you're already tired from a fight earlier in the day, especially when NONE OF YOUR GUYS ARE TUNDRA NATIVES and you are therefore easy to pick out.
>Wasn't even hard, they got koshed one by one and wake up a couple hours later tied up and surrounded by polar bears. Mr. Big enters
>Turns out he's mad at Lupin's team for subverting and stealing six of his operatives, and is willing to help as long as the ZPD team stays out of his business while they're doing it. Turns out they're the only the second guys to ever actually catch the chameleon,
>Vitalist, acting as team leader, ends up reluctantly accepting after a brief telepathic conversation, where they determine that they're all probably very dead if they try to muscle it out.
>Since Lupin didn't get the chance to offload the goods at the art show, best place to find him will be in a good storage area. This means either Sahara Square, Mountains, or the Aviary.
-note that I didn't give them any hints other than storage, this list came from an internal team discussion shortly after release.
>They want to warm up, and fit in WAY better in Sahara Square, so decide to head there first. Helps that it's closest.
>Get outside, realize it's morning, and Clauhauser is desperately trying to get them to report in, since they missed something like four check-in times.

(to be continued)

Cool shit, mate. Also, the kids seem to act better than even some adults do.

Does everyone have alignments?

Not really.

Fuck off.

Technically, they're assigned (mostly LG). In fact, the alignments are almost totally irrelevant to this game, and I am NOT enforcing it.

The kids (Rhino, Elephant, Cat, and Panda) really get into their characters. Helps that their characters are adjusted pretty hard to match the players, but I'm really happy with them. Best group I've run for in a LONG time.

I love the Hylian-patterned underwear, just in case we couldn't tell it was Link.

Tbh I prefer the investment of Pathfinder over throwaway Dungeon World characters.

>not Linkle

I can't show their linkle, that'll get me banned!

Ah, nice. Good to hear everyone's having fun. You might end up with roleplayers for life.

Is Dungeon World really that fucking awful?

It's not awful. It's just that the entire concept revolves around quick and easy play, which means that you just can't form a bond with your characters beyond 'I got really lucky at staying alive so long with this guy', and it's also pretty easy to just break as a system.

It's fun for oneshots, but nothing long term.

Veeky Forums, we really, REALLY need to talk about the recent surge in popularity of "Dungeon World" around here, especially the trend of recommending it as a good system for "introducing" players to our hobby.

I understand that there is an obsession with being subversive and finding the most super specialest alternative to D&D possible, but having finally taken the time to read into Dungeon World and the reasons why this game has caught on around here and other forums I feel the need to be frank: this NEEDS to stop. I try as hard as I can not to be a "badwrongfun" style curmudgeon, but this is not a role playing game. Full stop. This is not a role playing game, and this disingenuous promotion of it as such is legitimately dangerous to this hobby. This is an exercise in self-congratulatory free form group storytelling.

This is a "game" where the danger of literally any challenge is by design arbitrary, not just from encounter to encounter, but from action to action. There's no actual combat or tactics at play, everyone takes turns basically describing a "cool fantasy battle" and resolve everything through "dodge danger" and "hack and slash" rolls triggered at the GM's whim. This is a game proud of being anti-structure, where the goal is to explain to the GM how many cool things your players do instead of actively overcoming any challenges in your way.

It's chaos. Consequences of certain failures are decided collaboratively. The GM is encouraged to be more of an antagonistic player than an actual referee of any rules. At Veeky Forums's suggestion I watched a few videos of people playing this. At one point the *GM* asked the *PLAYERS* what rumors they had heard in town.

I get that the people involved in this game by admission shill it everywhere, but please stop pushing this as a system for beginners. It's dangerous to our hobby and the behaviors it promotes encourages entitled players with disruptive expectations for how parties are meant to work.

Stop.

Eh, I had a pretty fun short campaign with it.

I agree that it works best in shorter games, but I wouldn't say it's restricted to one-shots. Character advancement only runs up to level 10, but by then your character is pretty flexible. It's not what I'd use for an epic, sweeping fantasy campaign, but then, neither is Pathfinder.

This is a beautiful copypasta and I'm amazed that I've never seen it before.

I'm not familiar with this copy pasta

I miss this meme.

I forget what the 'here's your (you)' equivalent was.

dis pasta is molto bene

(continued)

>It takes some doing, but the Vitalist (with a LOT of help from the charismatic catfolk) convinces ZPD Central that they're alright, and skates over the fact that they had to deal with Mr. Big. Clauhauser may or may not have a crush on said cat.
-lots of teasing at the table, the player has has to deal with similar crushes IRL.
>Team gets some maintenance done (including re-preparing power cells for the Vitalist and blaster rounds for the Wizard), gets to the Square. They realize that Gazelle is putting on a concert in the area that night, Clauhauser calls in and mentions dispatching the team to said concert in an effort to impress said cat
-Wicked grins at the table, and an excuse to dig up a couple of Shakira CDs. Works out.
>Few hours to burn before the concert, the team tries to stay within com distance while investigating things. Among other things, they run into an unusually dark-furred camel playing music outside the arena in the shade, and get him a sandwich.
>Realize about 30 IRL minutes later that he matches the description of one of the Mafia Team guys they could have picked two weeks ago, rush back to the location, but miss him.
-I've not laughed that hard in a while, he hustled them GOOD.
>They realize that something's probably going down when they call in the description and get a match for one of the remaining escapees.
-Now, I'm not mad at them using meta knowledge here, since there are theoretically some ways for them to have remembered such a distinct appearance, but I take the time to talk to the kids about Player versus Character knowledge. It's a bit hard to grasp.
>Concert happens, music is playing, and the team is REALLY on edge. They know something is about to go down
>Almost relieved when they spot a shifty-looking fox pickpocketing. Panda and Cat swoop in and apprehend, crowd doesn't even notice
>ZPD team visibly relaxes, until the call-in verifies that it's another of the Six.
>WhyIsHeRelaxed.jpg
(cont)

>Elephant secures him and stays to guard, Dog keeps on as central coordination
>Cat/Panda and Rhino/Ibis charge in opposeite directions around the ring
>Both find the same thing: any shop that was closed once the actual concert started has been skillfully lockpicked and robbed, right under their noses.
>MFW they have to report this. At least the music's good
>Get called back to the station and VERY ANGRILY chewed out by Chief Bogo. At least they got one of the guys, amirite?

Game ends here. They're starting to figure out that the enemy team is WAY more coordinated and effective that they were giving them credit for. Even with two down, now, there are four to go (eight if you count the Lupin squad, who haven't shown whisker or tail all session). Team ZPD takes their lessons, and levels to 3. Next week, the Aviary.

Incidentally, I lost the last two storytimes, and a friend of mine is looking for them. Can someone dig them up? I REALLY suck at the whole archive thing here.

Well, it's not very difficult-you've headed your stuff with "Zootopia user".

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48202128/#q48202452
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48323194/#q48326635

Much based, user. I didn't want to lose it either, and I don't even know where to start the searches.