/cyoag/ CYOA General

"A CYOA player lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never plays lives only one." edition!

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47754666/#47756720
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yo acheld if youre there post your cyoas pls

WARNING: this cyoa contains no inferior waifus

>Shilling your own shitty CYOA this hard
The gall of some people

>posting imperialist propaganda
not any better.

>Mark of Tyr, Mark of Sekhmet, Mark of Perun
>Reapers

>Not comprehending verbal irony

US COAST GUARD Helicopter Sniper is the only option. Especially because I'm not american. Thanks for the free house and citizenship.

Your entire list is shit and the only way to redeem it is to make a kill them all option.

Has a cyoa ever given you too much?

Yup. Pic related.

Can someone post slutlife?

A

Here.

I know right it's even one of those bottom of the barrel pick one cyoas too.

What is so dangerous about flying a jet fighter? I mean how many American planes are getting downed each year? 0-1?

B

all right asshole
sniper and harem

Here.

Why are you angry? Your the army of navy with many gfs who are anime!

Some people say that for any text-heavy CYOA like Alice or Traveller. The only CYOA that has ever exhausted me by being too much would be the cancer that is Jumpchain.

His dad still exists and isn't dead.

Post more quality cyoas like this one.

Okay

I can't decide whether I like or hate this cyoa.

When there are a lot of technical choices like the spaceship ones. AlteringHistory is almost too much but I'll persevere and make a build out of it someday.

Washu is theoretically the most powerful choice.

I really like cyoas where you become someone's apprentice. Could someone please post one like that? Please please please?

Male, Human, 17
Familiar Face(-10)
Beacon Academy, Vale
Semblance: Unstoppable.
Gifts: Memory(-20), Strength(-20), Agility(-20), Energy(-20), Intelligence(-10).
Shop(Weapons): Melee will be a sword like in the pic with Weight Enhancement and Collapsible so it just turn into a shorter and thinner sword(-250), Ranged will be a heavy assault rifle with the dust mod(--250).
Items and Equipment: Scroll(free), Parachute and Grappling Hook(-150), Armor(-100), Rebreather(-50), Dust Charges(-50) when I get to the warehouse the whitefang has their shit in I'll skim a few extra rounds while the heroes take them out and then I'll help kick some ass, Wilderness Gear(-50). Then I'll pocket the last hundred. Armor pic will be next.

But slightly less bulky.

And replace shorter with longer and thinner. I want to kinda weeb it up.

Sure

And DLC

So I just looked at the pdf. 20 pages. I am a slow fucking typer and I have a problem with keeping numbers in order, so this will be while. Build release......laterish.

Old and terrible.

Yeah, may be second only to Traveler's Tale in text, now.

Anyway, take your time. If it's a chore, then don't feel I'm expecting you to do it at all. It's about enjoyment, and I know my thing isn't everyone's thing.

I just don't like opening a another page for a pdf. It fucks with my cursor and tears the screen when I scroll around. I prefer individual pages to pdf dumps but I see the necessity.

This might just be the worst cyoa I've ever seen.

Anyway,

WARMAGE
TYPE A
Why? Because of mind control, magic and being "super smart at everything". I'm also not an scaly, furry or edgy.

>Somewhere around 1/4 of the way through a crunch-heavy CYOA
>Already a nightmare to balance

Balancing this shit is going to fucking kill me

Has cyoag seen this one before?

This is my first time doing this. Alright, here's my Soul of Cinder build.
Male, Human, 17.
New Arrival-[0]
Beacon Academy, Vale.
Semblance: Force of Nature(Magnetism).
Gifts: Hope(-10), Ferocity(-10), Will(-10), Fear(-10), Strength(-20), Agility(-20), and Energy(-20).
Talents: Wow! Nothing!
Shop: Weapon: Melee(-100), Weapon Mod: Weight enhancement(-100), and Armor(-100). I pocket the rest of the money for buying granola or some shit.
The weapon would simply be a great-sword in the shape of the Coiled Sword from Dark Souls.
This is where my choice in semblance comes into play: The Sword needs to be comprised of Sodium with trace amounts of iron, but this is a terrible material to use for a sword. Fortunately, the show makes note of the fact that Aura passively improves the durability of all weapons. The properties of Sodium make it both magnetic and combustible is certain conditions when heated. Coursing an Electromagnetic pulse through sword, the molecules should be stimulated enough to slightly burn around the edges. My magnetic ability will also allow me to warp the shape of it slightly, thus mimicking the phases of the Soul of Cinder whilst actually only being one weapon.This will eventually degrade the sword, but this will be easy to repair if I can obtain more of the necessary materials.
The true Dark Souls starts here.

Not that I have any real experience, but I'd recommend just getting the shit written down before you worry too much about balance.

That's what I'm doing, I'm just saying that balancing it in the future will kill me

Lol the nigs in the ghetto and the aliens and the company all together sounds crazy awsome.

>seen this one before
yes. Unless you made it yourself just now, the answer is yes.

Haven't seen it for a little while though, so points for that.

This just made my top5 cyoas

It sucks that we don't get any actual personal perks. I want to become faster, smarter, hotter and/or stronger.

>I don't know how Photoshop or Illustrator works so I'm just going to tout about how I know how to use one of them
Still waiting for examples of your superior designs, user.

FINISHED VERSION NEVER!

Generally, a CYOA is too much if the choices make very ambiguous or negligible difference to the outcome. This can be different if it's a "build your own X" CYOA, but it's something to remain cognizant of. If a number of options end up as "whatever you want" like picking hair color or the decor of your house and (this is what's important) it really makes no difference, just spell out that it's "whatever you want." Choices should only be for those things that matter.

I actually don't mind Alice as it's narrowly focused in what it does and short (main part is only one page with some optional additions). When you get into a multi-page text only CYOA, however, it turns into reading a text book. Also it's very hard for me to look at it and determine whether or not I want to read it in the first place. If I see 5 or 6 pages of text where I can't skim through and get an easy grasp of what it's like, I won't even attempt it.

Presentation really matters in setting the tone as well. If you take two CYOAs that are very similar and one has a very realistic design and the other one is 95% anime girls there is a very different way people approach it.

I generally can't get interested in the technical ones like where you choose your power reactor. For the most part, these are just full of trap choices that assess whether you know how to design X or not, and if you do there is really only a few credible answers.

I'm surprised there aren't many cyoas that try to fulfill the classic wandering hero fantasy trope. Why is that?

>The original images are kinda shit.

Damn it, already cropped and used them. Ah well, at least there are two new images.

I'll post the companions page if someone wants me to. If not, I'll wait until the rest is finished.

can I just have the Fratbro as my Best Friend instead of BF?

I just need a spotter

He will offer to spot but you wake up mega butt blasted in multiple ways

It bothers me that Pride's Chosen can usurp Pride now. I find it hard to believe that Pride would just let that happen.

FratBro is the author's magical realm. He's a puppy love sick muscled fratboy with bi and submissive tendencies who deeply admires you. He'd never rape user.

Its not rape if you enjoyed it

>+Sealed In
>+Shoot to Kill
31 Points
>Heavy
>Titanium
>Bulletproof Glass
>Box of Guns
>Flamethrower
>Advanced Optics
>Improved Engine
>Murderholes

Hopefully it starts in a town, as I live in the middle of nowhere and would use half my gas just to get to town

>Choose sealed in
>Get to run for 2 hours before being stuck in a iron coffin

>It bothers me that Pride's Chosen can usurp Pride now.

Had to balance the OPness of Pride. Someone suggested making Command less effective on the chosen. Besides, you can still convince them to follow you with reason and a good argument.

Update! I got rid of SEP fieled which gave me points for flight 1 and upgrade Impervious a level. user suggested flight would be good for my build and I think they were right.This is one cyoa I'd really love to be real because it'd be so amazing to see how stone age tribe from a isolated island would make it's own culture and civilization that'd be totally different from anything that existed irl. They'd have clothes and music and art and architecture like nobody ever had and totally original. It'd be so cool.

>PreAgriculture 10,000BC, Anywhere
>Mysterious Stranger
>Flight 1 (2)
>Strength & Speed 1 (6)
>Reflexes & Reaction 1 (10)
>Impervious 3 (22)
>Non-Reactor (24)
>Regeneration 3 (33)
>Endurance 2 (41)
>Super Senses 1 (43)
>Temperature Tolerance 1 (46)
>Diet 2 (51)
>Sanitary Convenience 2 (55)
>Iron Gut (56)
>Beauty (58)
>Bestmaster Major (67)
>Blessed One Major (77)
>Stormsage Major (87)
>Firedancer Major (97)
>Other 3 Elemental Schools (127)
>Enchanting Major (137)
>Master of Motion (147)
>Personal Omni-Weapon 2 (149)
>Pesonal Omni-Wear 1 (150)

Quests
>Sorceress Supreme
>The Empire Eternal
>Myth Maker
Kinda want The Federation to, but I'm not genius:(

Plan is to find ancient tribe I like and help them make great empire. I saw thing about how people from island of Sardinia are most like the very first European people before other people moved in, so it might be kind of neat to help them out and see what kind of culture they make. Plus island in middle of Mediterranean is good central location for empire. I never been to Sardinia, but I been to Aeolian islands and they were beautiful place. And I bet they're similar. I don't want to be ruler, just legendary heroine who shows up in times of need to help them, and demon who shows up in lands of their enemies to cause catastrophe.

You don't understand. My issue with that is that Pride is somehow letting this happen which makes me seriously wonder what the real Sins are doing. It basically adds this whole plot centered around Pride's Chosen and Pride, which overshadows whatever happens on Earth because you just know that plenty of Demons and Sins will be helping/sabotaging Pride's Chosen. It makes the other options a whole lot less attractive.

whar dat necro update

?

>spend hours on a fancy prerequisite flowchart setup
>ends up kind of messy
>not sure it's actually better than just listing things out like I did on my notes
>it will be a huge hassle to edit and probably result in me dropping dupport and active development earlier than I otherwise would have
Fuck me.

Your right; I don't understand, even after your explanation. Are you complaining about Pride the demon just letting Pride the Chosen not be overpowered somehow making the story centered around him? Because if that's the case, than what is stopping the other Demons of Sin from overpowering their chosen?

Well, the demons do have a plan, and it is beyond mortal minds. So maybe reducing power is part of some grand scheme that normal mortals cannot understand.

I think that's a good change for your build, and I'm glad you enjoy the CYOA. Still same drawbacks, I take it?

Do you plan to use Enchanting to give humanity magical items?

I'm surprised how popular the other elemental schools have proven to be, in spite of the fact that I didn't properly describe them. Not upset, just surprised.

Just post it with"feels right" balance and adjust afterward based on builds.

What? Look, the cyoa makes it sound as if Pride's Chosen succeeding means the current Pride, the Sin, will be bereft of his powers and the Chosen will take his place. That adds a pretty fucking huge layer of intrigue to the cyoa which mainly affects Pride's Chosen.

Hi new friend.

Well, I didn't expect that to be a complaint. My bad. Though to be fair, if you look back in the archives far enough, replacing the Sin of Pride was the original effect of Might of the Emperor anyway. I'll try to find a link.

Order: Avengers
Powers: True Sight, Exorcism, Inspiration
Weapon: Sword
Armor: Shield
Artifact: Holy Tome
Stronghold: Sanctuary
Companions: Oracle, Mystery Woman
Nemesis: Crusaders
The Road Ahead: Fallen
Jutsu: Anime (Overlord)

I'd presumably be me as a Fallen and then Momonga after since that correlates with the order they were posted in. The specifics of which would be hard to define if I were not given the the option to do so myself.

I'd have the Sanctuary form over the Great Tomb of Nazarick. The companions would be there somewhere. Since they wouldn't be linked to me in the same way all the NPCs would be I'd have them killed and resurrected. Them being magic users not restricted by the same rules as everyone else (aside from me to a point) would make them invaluable. The Crusaders can get fucked since they A) won't reach the tomb before the world transfers and B) would get BTFO even if they did. My equipment being special would be kept with me at all times.

As for one of the most important parts I'd not be a skeleton anymore. Since I can't be both alive and dead and I get to pick the specifics. I'd go with being an undead with the body of a human. I'm a now not-lich lich. The benefits of being undead with the pleasures of being human.

The magics I'd be able to use depending on how powerful they are or how they work could be a massive boon. The things I'm interested in the most are the ability to change race or job classes. It carries more weight when being linked to three different worlds. Don't know the accessibility of that though. Overall I'd say I do alright being smarter, stronger, and just objectively better than Momonga.

Why not post it and show us?

Oh no! Forgot drawbacks!

>The Slow Pace of History
I don't mind technology advancing like normal. >Tower of Babel
I don't need to speak any language except what the people in my tribe or later empire do at any time.

Mostly I'd enchant my own items to help me with my quests and protect me from enemies that are working on ways to kill me. But I'd occasionally give a hero or king a enchanted item to help them out kind of like a Greek Goddess might do.

Elementalism is good way to affect things directly and immediately.

Found it.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47754666/#47756720

A classic

A

Fuck yo shit.

B

So let me get this straight. You're not planning on making an all female society, and you're not planning on ruling over your people as a Goddess?
Is our little Angel growing up?

It's a iterative cycle. I thought the same way when Angelanon was making her cyoa, responding pleasantly to all positive and negative the criticism. and generally open to new ideas and concepts.

And than the whole SDA shitstorm happened and we're back to square one.

>164 pages
Go fuck yourself

>little

user she's like 30-33 years old. I'm pretty sure she's older then you.

You took the risk of relying upon others. This didn't work out in your favor.

a

I am a generous god.

First one is spoiled by the double points of the meta cyoa, but fuck it.
Heya. Lets make a kingdom.
10,000B.C and somewhere near approximate Japan, then work my way west slowly. Hoping to catch Jesus and stop him from doing his shit by warning about the cult that would grow up around him.
Appearance: I like how I look, but I will fix my teeth and lung problems, maybe a add another inch or two. Then just the normal Veeky Forums overhaul.
Mysterious Stranger
Mental Upgrades: Genius level 2, Memory of the Ages level 1, Wellspring of Harmony, Polygot, Economist, Map Maker.
Physical Upgrades: Strength and Speed level 2, Reflexes and Reaction level 2, Impervious level 3, Non-Reactor, Regeneration level 2, Endurance level 2, Super Senses level 1, Temperature control level 1, Diet level 2, Iron Gut.
Minor Gifts: Born in Water, Flight level 2, Mage Eye.
Supernatural Gifts: Major Telepathy for me and Minor Telepathy for others, Blessed One Major for me and Minor for others, Master of Motion Major for me and Minor for others,
Gonna cut it off here for now, I am getting tired and getting ready for bed. I'll finish it later. Yes I am taking advantage of another cyoa and no I do not care that I am.

Never forget, always create your CYOA to 100% first, then take in criticisms to polish/fix your CYOA.

Outside input during creation is a fantastic way to completely destroy your CYOA. Same goes for people posting WIPs

What does "you can transform your body into whatever you want indefinitely" mean, when you consider that the previous step enables you to transform into anything real indefinitely? Does it mean you can transform into imaginary-yet-mundane creatures (like a dog with antlers or something), or can you shapeshift into a Kryptonian body and become super man?

At the very least, it sounds as if it makes Super Health redundant.

... Do I choose two brides? Do I take double choices in every catagory? Do I choose a catagory to take twice the points/choices? What do.