Bonesplitterz, New start collecting boxes

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cities_of_Sigmar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Herald of tzeentch - 120
2X10 horrors - 280
9 flamers - 600

Horrors screen flamers while they delete a unit at a time. Taking lord of war for +1 to hit on them. Viable or cheese/too 40k ?

Is order still winning by miles?

ask not who is winning, ask what you can do to earn points for your side

bonesplittaz file when?

Is the new Khorne start collecting box a good value? Toying around with the idea of a mixed Tzeentch/Khorne force.

Guys! How do I Skaven? I need to know this.

Could some kind user take a comparison picture between Skaven Clanrats and Plague Monks, more specifically their arms?

I'm considering buying some Plague Monks but I'm worried that the proportions on such an old sculpt will look weird alongside the post-2009 Skaven redesign. Old Skaven kits from around 2002 were notorious for having huge hands and feet, but the current Plague Monks are from 2005 so I'm not sure where they land on the spectrum.

Its not bad at all, but your lack of rend can be a problem.
Any unit with a good save + a mystic shield will laugh as the flames will bounce over them. I'd personally cut some flamers and add some screamers so you can grab objectives/charge squishies.

scale is about the same, thankfully their arms are now a lot smaller.

weapon teams and jezzails

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cities_of_Sigmar
Lexicanum has almost all of the lore from the Season of War map.

Someone on DakkaDakka posted spoilers of Lord of Undeath.
>>Right finished the book my first response. This book is a MUST for death fans in my opinion this book goes into what nagash has been planning. I have been making the point that Death only got a page in the all-gate's book but this book developers it further(Plus neferata's story from balance of power) all the Mortarch's appear in the book and we get to see what happened to mannfred after his escapade.
>>On mannfred and if he is independent or not
>>He is not independent and I was right the portal went back to the realm of death. Honestly the Mortarch's are like children in my opinion. Nagash does note he is the most rebellious but among his vassal's mortarch's he resisted chaos the most out of them and his schemes and avarice extend past neferata. He note's that her schemes don't go beyond the flesh..

>>Nagash's plans and the stormcast (I feel it's pretty big) BIG SPOILERS.
>>Right over time I wondered if sigmar has actually been brainwashing stormcast in a sense this has been my theory the book kinda confirms it, nagash does describe the reforging to be similar to necromancy yet different. Now at the end of the novel it reveal's why he left sigmar's forces at his all-gate. He does not like sigmar let's make it clear and he would only make an alliance if it served him and right now it does not he prefer's the stale mate. Right now he is building THE black pyramid when it's done anyone who dies in the realm of death will belong to him. They make a note in the epilogue that within the black gem that trapped a stormcast soul mannfred said it felt familiar yet not. (The anvils of heldenhammer were sent to gain an alliance) Nagash took the answer from his mind and the both realized that sigmar has been poaching mortal's that belong to him from the realm of shyish to reforge into stormcast while he battled Archaon's forces.

So yeah I don't expect an alliance any time soon if ever, oh and Tarsem fate is not mentioned I suspect his soul is within the black pyramid. Considering his past and the fact that he used undead when building his city, had a amethyst cape and also made peace with nagash as a mortal. I suspect he was not a worshiper of sigmar when he was mortal. When reforged I suspect being infused with god kings essence is what cause stormcast to be so loyal to sigmar despite their past and when they get new names. Hell I can see the reason why sigmar is in no hurry to fix the effects of the reforging effects. Oh nagash does also explain why undead tend to be ass hat's when turned vampires liche's etc. The state of being undead the process of becoming one diminishes the soul and must happens because if it did not they would go kinda out of control and end up destroying themselves and everything around them. PS mannfred's castle Nachtsreik is badass as hell.

>opted not not to play unpainted sylvaneth, go for ironjawz instead
>can't shitstomp the stormfag eternal fast enough
>too many of them playing so many fucking games

what the fuck

What Stormhost is this, bros?

>absolutely crush stormcast today
>earn destruction a bunch of painting points

life is good

hammers of sigmar, just with a dark filter.
nicely done. i can't stand order winning everywhere.
>tfw when theres a decent community of Aos in your area
>tfw you NEVER lost a single game with your Nurgle warband
>tfw chaos is trampling everything in your GW store thanks to you
Life is good.

What do you guys recommend for someone who isn't a first time wargamer, but it would be my first time playing AoS

I'm deciding between Sepharon, Sylvaneth, or Bloodbound

I would go Stormcasts but they seem super overused.

Can you use a tape measure?

Can you hold a paintbrush?

Can you roll d6s?

Seems qualified for me.

Sylvaneth are the worst out of that list though, their tree models are extremely fiddly so if you're not used to assembling models they might give you fits.

Bloodbound are nice and chunky and cheap if you buy a starter set (good if you plan on going stormcasts at some point) so they're super friendly for new painters. Easy to paint too.

Lizardmen have some fiddlybits (seraphon) but overall they're not too complex, and they don't feature much clothing so painting them is super simple.

Bloodbound.

This is how I Skaven.

just grab the one you find more appealing.
Seraphon gameplay focus on dealing damage with big creatures while your saurus keep them locked in combat and debuffs them.

Sylvaneth are a bunch of fucking crazy grass people that focus their game on the forests on the board. you'll need to buy at least one set.

Bloodbound are a group of crazed, cannibal berserkers that rely heavily on sinergies to work. they are extremely aggressive.

From an hobby perspective: how skilled are you? Anyway, all models are pretty easy bot to assemble and to paint. Sylvaneth are the easier to paint but the harder to assemble, bloodbount are average and the seraphon are easy to assemble but hard as hell to paint without making a boring mess.
>painting them is super simple.
i find them the hardest of the bunch. you need to give them good vibrant colours and abusing drybrush doesn't work well on them.
Just imho.

you can edge them easily

>making a boring mess.
>basecoat
>wash
>drybrush

scales are easy for beginners

>edging giant carnivorous lizards
you and your magical realm sicken me

oh I thought you meant bloodbound

lizardmen dinosaurs are easy drybrush man, scales take that easy.

I don't think anything is harder to assemble than those damn skeleton warriors
unless I'm wrong

Thanks for the input though, I really appreciate it!

I was reading up on Lizardmen, and do the Chameleon Skinks just appear literally ANYWHERE? And if I camouflage them, I can make them reappear somewhere totally different the next turn?
That seems really op to me.

>edging giant carnivorous men
still a magical realm

So I'm building Khorne Bloodbound.

What should I buy after the starter? I was thinking of getting 2 of the new get starteds for the skullcrushers, and then a box of skullreapers.

Putting together an AoS 1000 point Death list - makes exactly 1000 points but don't have points values handy atm

>Arkhan the Black
>2 Moghast Archai
>50 zombies
>5 black Knights

Is this a good start? The high number zombie mobs become very very mean. My first army.

they're like $60 for 10 models

pay to win

I bought another starter kit

it's pretty decent

skullcrushers aren't bad, but it's an expensive box

I hope they release new daemon varieties.
Khorne daemons need some semi big rape machines.

They were good with wounds, but with points they lose some efficency.
Sure, they can teleport and snipe mages, but that's all they can do.
they don't do much damage and are nothing more than pushovers in close combat.
they teleport, shoot and then die.
they are strategically great for sniping squishies, but that's all they can do.
Situational but not op.
its called a soul grinder.
you mean after the starter set?
a start collecting, then absolutely an aspiring deathbringer, a unit of wraithmongers and/or a chaos warshrine.

>its called a soul grinder.

Said semi big, not huge.

Have you tried out the wrathmongers or skullreapers? was thinking about getting a box or two, and then more of the armored warriors

Apparently one of the heroes is a pretty solid buff guy, so I was gonna get him, just can't remember which one it was

my friend has skullreapers, they're disgustingly good.

Especially if you buff them with the bloodsecrator

>buff hero

Bloodsecrator, he's only in the starter kit.

He's the first thing you need for a khorne army

I got the Age of Sigmar starter box today and the prosecutor wings are melted flat.

Is this normal? Can I contact somebody about getting a replacement?

Buy the Getting Started Bloodbound box, then another AoS Starter box, doubling the starter.

This gives you 2 bloodsecrators, a unit of two Khorgraths,a bloodpriest, 20 blood warriors, 3 juggers, and 40 Bloodreavers.

That is an insanely good start to Bloodbound as all of those models will see play.

plus with an additional box of skullcrushers that gives 3 units of three... grab a jugger lord and you have the Stampede formation right there.

Bloodbound is easy to collect really...

Contact GW customer service with the pick and they'll likely send you a new box

Seraphag here

Seraphon dont seem like it, but they are a combined arms force that relies on unit synergy through hero buffs and/or battalions. All of their units are average for the cost but the buffs are what make them truly shine.

They have some of the best monsters in the game and their heroes are very powerful.

They have a huge variety of units so you can field a ton of different lists.

Since they rely on buffs you'll find the army tends to play better at higher point value games - it's tough to make 1000pt lists because you can't bring all the units you want to buff your battleline.

as said, contact GW customer service. 90% they will send you a new sprue.
Thei customer service is insanely good and it has always been, even in the darkest moment of GW.

Is there an email I can reach them at?

This.

>painting at local GW store
>fire prism box, one of the night spinner guns comes out snapped
>manager notices this
>helps me call up GW support, all they need is my address and the box number
>another fire prism box shows up a few days later
>wasn't going to build a fucking night spinner anyway

For all the fuck ups GW has had over the years, their service has remained fucking amazing.

Beastclaw book when?

My body has never been more ready.

Hey, debating a change to my build. I currently run in a 1k, I run a congregation of filth with 60 monks, a plagueclaw, and a unit of 10 censer bearers. Would I better off to remove the censers for 10 more monks in each unit?

go to GW site anc check on "contacts". Do you really need to be spoonfed that hard?
What does the congregration require and what bonus does it gives?

2 units of monks, a furnace. Gives monks a 6+ "save" against everything, and reroll end charges. I use 30 monks in each unit atm, thinking of going 40

*Rerolled

>average for the cost
2 attacks, rend -1, 4+ save, ignores rend, auto gets +1 save if near a hero

yeah you right, seraphon aren't cheese

40 is way too many, most of em won't attack or will attack with their staff, which is pure shit.
you'd want units of 20, so you can charge more easily. 40 of em, and the opponent will joust with your rats too easily. 60 are okay.3 units of 20 are enough to kill anything. Id take out the plagueclaw, the censer bearers and add a verminlord and a plague priest. That guy gives +1 attack to your rats, combo it with plague priest's prayer and you get 4 attacks per rat, rerolling hits and rerolling wounds.
You'll be also strong in defence because every rat killed will generate both mortal wounds and additional attacks.

Pestilens is insane.

>100 points for 5 wounds

Guard aren't special any more

>Slaanesh allying himself with Sigmar to take down and stop chaos from destroying everything again so he can enjoy excess uninterrupted.

This is happening, boys. Slaanesh and existence are not mutual exclusive, it can work.

Idk, I kinda like the claw, though I did consider a priest instead of the censers. I also run the twin blades (I've got enough monks to switch tho)

2+ re-rollable save, re-rollable hit

yeah, seraphon have it SO HARD

So from what I've gathered lower down, I should look into Starter set + Start Collecting x2 for Khorne?

Wight King - 120pts
20 spear skeleton - 160pts
10 GW grave guard - 160pts
5 Black knights - 120pts
Legion of Death - 60pts
Cairn Wraith - 60pts

Total 1000pts

yeah all you need to bring is a skink priest (and hope you roll a 4+) and an astrolith bearer

saurus guard really aint special any more, they just crumble to any kind of mortal wounds

the only reason to take them is in a squad of 5-10 to park near a slann/eternity warden to prevent deep strikes killing your slann

hrmn. sword or spear skellies?

Hand weapons or Great weapons for grave guard skellies?

the claw can be dangerous IF its hits but...
3+3+ rend -1 ONE attack? if we consider the average game lasts 4 turn-maximum 5 it will hit an average 2 times...and the opponent can always save against it. You ran 2-3 of them or you don't run them at all imho.
>to prevent deep strikes killing your slann
they are called a fucking GUARD for a reason.
they are still special, but now they serve a specific purpose instead of "lol, lets break the game".
Also, they are still insanely good against anything that doesn't deal mortal wounds.
spears, there's no doubt about it.

sunblood, guard

2+ save with re-rolling to hit.

Skink priests are ez pz

use those insights goyim

Anyone know if the In-App purchase of the General's Handbook is worth it? I bought a physical copy but MAY be convinced to buy the in app version if adds a lot. I will admit I am not happy that the points wern't added to the app for free though (yes I'm a chump for considering giving them money for what I already purchased/think I'm owed).

Ok. I run two in my 2k army.

I mean, Imagine what you would do in this scenario
>Be tranny drug addict brother of the Chaos Gods
>The only one who actually cares about anything refined
>Khorne likes to smash things
>Nurgle shits on everything
>Tzneetch changes everything
>Archaeon doesnt give a shit
>My greatest champion dies, and gets pissed on by a ugly troll
>Fuckin whatever, I'll just do some Elf Souls
>Get fuckin high on that shit, my belly so full I gotta lay down
>Than, out of nowhere!
>bam, elf gangbang
>Get fucked by a Cripple, a Crippled moma's boy and a blind Chad McThundercock
>Its actually pretty hot, desu
>However, I cant wait till my brothers save me!
>So I wait
>And wait
>And wait
>Eventually, I start birthing/barfing the Elf gods rape babies.
>Pretty hot desu
>And since im not snapping at their souls anymore, they're back to doing kinky shit and building beautiful works of their art.
>They really do take after their mother
>Finally, Im released by my mortal followers.
>I exit my sex cave, to recl-wait
>They fucking replaced me
>With a fucking rat
>What the fuck
>They didnt even try to look for me
>And 90% of my mortal followers are dead, traitors or idiots.
>Do a 360° twirl and moon walk back into the Rape cave, hungry for more elf cock

Sunblood hit reroll is against one unit, and that unit must be within 15" of the sunblood in your hero phase.

How are you getting to 2+ with a sunblood? Cover doesn't count, anyone can get cover.

>insights
Oh good another 160 points and a leader slot being usedto buff a unit that is going to die to literally any mortal wounds.

Can't fit the VC into a 1k, so I'll keep the claw to fuck with my local death rattle players (tends to go well)

>they replaced me
>with a fucking rat

Keked. Saved and would read again user.

>mortal wounds kill almost any unit in the game

holy shit dude what a fucking INSIGHT you must truly be blessed

WIP ironjawz, just finished shading the brute, will go along with color scheme seen on the ardboys once done highlighting, any suggestions or criticism welcome

Better than this guy (pic related)

why are spears prefered

Mortal Wounds are powerful but there are lots of ways to mitigate their impact.

One way is to run cost effective units - Saurus Warriors are strictly better at dealing with mortal wounds than Saurus Guard because you get double the quantity for the same amount of points.

I basically never run guard these days. For offense you are better off using Warriors because you get more of them so they don't crumble to MW, and for soaking up hits from deep striking units (Retributors are the most common big teleporting threat) I would rather use a line of 80pt Skinks to eat up the first round of combat, then countercharge with a big monster.

you never want to run small squads of skeletons, only big squads of 20+

with how piling in works you will often be forced to fight in multiple ranks, and spears let you hit from the 2nd rank

What are some good combos in general?
What things are must have, what should be left behind, why does everyone say the Troglodon is the latter (it is so pretty)?
Any weapon options in particular that should always be taken/not taken?

Any FEC players here that could give me some advice on list building? It feels like the army has a huge lack of rend and command abilities that actually have any impact.

Should I just be spamming Flayers now that the FAQ says we can take the Death trait with the FEC allegiance?

Also, does anyone know if the Abattoir formation causes each enemy model to roll a dice per one of your units next to them, or is it just a single die if any model from the battalion is next to them? The wording feels ambiguous.

I'm still waiting for all-gates and sylvaneth battletome to be made into PDF. Anyone get on that? It would be much appreciated.

I've tried converting with several programs (yes I know about caliber) but always get jumbled messes, someone somewhere has an excellent converter they've been using on the other books and they look brilliant.

yeah I tried to convert the GH epub to pdf but no dice, the process froze halfway through.

I even ran it for 1000 hours.

No.

Dice.

I dont care about the GHB, I am picking my copy up on monday, it's just the allgates book and sylvaneth book. Their in the OP links, but in frikkin epub.

Readium for pc, publiware reader for mobile. This should be in the op.

Tried readium, but that's the problem. I dont want to read them on my PC, I convert them to PDF to read them on an ereader.

I've tried them all, they come through as messed up weird files. PDF is the only thing that works for my devices. I'm not here to troubleshoot, I'm here to beg for PDFs of the epub files.

>Readium for pc
THANK YOU

I forgot I had this shit. It's A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

fucking works perfectly and zooms and is readable holy shit

what about andoird?

Standard Skaven? Verminous Clawpack makes Clanrats and other Verminus units pretty good. Add artillery and monsters to taste.

As scary as can be? Stormfiends. The shock gauntlets make them absolutely bonkers OP if you can reach melee with them (which is easy with Mystic Shield + a Packmaster + Throt the Unclean).

Stormfiends (and really, other stuff from Clan Skryre) are what I'm looking for, I love the models. Does my whole army have to be Skryre to make the stormfiends battleline choices? I know the book isn't even out yet, but what are people planning on playing?

It kinda looks like you're meant to rely on swarming them and just drowning them in attacks. Being able to keep units topped up with courtiers makes them excellent at attrition. Flayers have a decent chance at mortal wounds so you could keep a big squad as trouble shooters then keep a bunch of lesser undead as the main force. There is also the scream of the terrorgheist for more MWs.

The abhorrent ghoul king, while having a pretty shit command, triggers an ability for nearly all units. I think the onus is on that moreso than their command ability, though being able to summon courtiers to bolster your line is not to be underrated. The on foot command, which summons 10 ghouls, could be decent to get to back field units. On top of that he is much easier to hide in infantry. I'd take one of each, just to back up your buffs that they trigger.

I believe the abattoir battalion is only one dice for the Body Part Acquisition for each enemy in range, otherwise it would say to roll a dice for each FEC model in range.

I'd recommend a big blob of 20 ghouls and then flayers and horrors (which heal each turn) to attack or target respectively. Maybe a king in 'gheist and then save some points for summoning courtiers. This is all just speculation but might help.

*flayers or horrors to attack or tank damage respectively. Sorry for typo.

I have the book and have been playing games with the point system for a while now.

You do need to be all Skryre to make them battleline, but you shouldn't be trying to do that anyway. Just take a single unit, maybe two, in addition to normal battleline.

I've been running the Verminous Clawpack + some Stormfiends as a 2k list. It's all about the characters you support that core with. I prefer a battle standard bearer for battleshock immunity, a packmaster to boost the Stomfriend into ridiculous mode, and then like an Arch Warlock for magic or Throt the Unclean if I'm going all in on stomfiends.

Shooting ruins you since they can easily snipe your key characters, so you have to try to hide them, but that's true of most armies and is just a flaw with the game. Shooting is OP by default.

Is 1000 point too small to play well?
I usually say any 1k games are a best out of 3 to counter that

Thoughtson the Sigmar equivilant of the "1850/2000" average games of 40k will end up being?

1k is really swingy, and can be over very fast if you get a good charge off and wipe a key enemy unit off the board on your first activation. At that point some people will just concede and play another.

I could see best 2 of 3s being a thing because of that.

I like 2k a lot as a 'standard' game.

Pre-order 30th, out 6th.

Okay AOS general I need some clarification on a possible rules conflict until an FAQ comes out.

Played Ironjawz recently and managed to cast Foot of Gork on my opponent. Foot of Gork says "If successfully cast, inflict D6 mortal wounds on a unit within 18". Then roll a dice - on a 4 or more Gork stomps again: resolve another D6 mortal wounds on an eligible unit. Gork keeps stamping until you fail to roll a 4 or more."

I cast this and dealt the first required mortal wounds, then rolled a 4+ and dealt another D6 mortals. My opponent then claimed I should stop there due to the Third Rule of One, but our tournament organizer decided that I would be allowed to continue until I failed to roll a 4 or more. I ended up wiping a couple units due to some lucky rolls and it secured my victory.

The Third Rule of One says that any extra attacks, hit rolls, or wound rolls gained by the use of an ability cannot themselves generate extra attacks, hit rolls, or wound rolls. The TO stated that since Foot of Gork isn't generating any extra attacks of any kind, and since the 4+ roll or the D6 mortal wounds don't meet the classifications of a To Hit or a To Wound roll as it's described in the main rules, it was a legal play. Was he wrong?

My opinion: I've always been of the belief that specific beats general, but since the Third Rule of One specifically mentions instances like Ripperdactyl's Voracious Appetite, I don't know. I want to say the TO is right because of the wording of the Rule of One, and since the spell requires a 10 to cast anyway it seems like it's a high-risk, high-reward thing, but it also seemed unfair that I was able to win based off of one spell.

tl;dr - is Foot of Gork's wound chaining limited by the Third Rule of One or is it a loophole that is allowed legally?

Battletome > Rules as per 40k
If your book allows you to roll again then you roll again - your opponent was being a tad salty

After all it says "Do damage, THEN roll again"
The attacks aren't generating extra attacks

the TO is correct, the continuation is a function of the original spell cast. you're still only casting the spell once, but it can chain out of control, much like the drakeseer's ability.

I can't say it's the most ideal all the time, but split the Grave Guard into two units and get twice the banner power. They're gonna be hard to kill anyway with the death allegiance trait.

Hi /AoSG/, what Grot faction fits regular Gutbuster Ogors in looks better? Discounting Gnoblar Grots, of course.

Moonclan, Regular or Spider?

Go with Gitmob - Wolf Riders/Chariots and Ironblasters look like they belong to the same army anyway. Moonclan aren't gross enough to fit with Ogors and the spiders will probably just look out of place.

open play is going to dominate

Yeah, no way. I've seen tons of people playing with points now. Open play was awful.