Infinite Stars Quest 26

Welp, just saw Star Trek Beyond today, and it was honestly pretty good!

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Infinite Stars Quest

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are Captain SAMANTHA WELLINGS, a newly minted captain of the Centauri Accord!

Currently, you were receiving some concerning news from Tank, who seemed to notice that something was amiss. Definitely not a good thing, since you were sitting inside a pirate ship docked inside a goddamn pirate hideout.

"Pleeeeeeease don't tell me Carly's thinking of backing out on me." You groan.

Tank indicates that Carly is not the source of the issue. At least this time. Well, kinda.

"Can you be a bit more specific?" You roll your eyes.

Namely, he notices that more pirates are boarding the Long Claw and leaving it.

"Well, it's probably just maintenance crews fixing up ships, right?"

Maybe, but Tank is not entirely convinced. These guys certainly didn't LOOK like regular maintenance guys.

>You should go investigate.
>You should try and warn Carly.
>It's probably nothing. You should check up on Scott.
>Other

Hopefully Tank's wrong but...

Aw shucks, he ain't wrong.

>>You should go investigate.
Time to split up and search for clues, gang!

>>You should try and warn Carly.

>inb4 we find out Carly can't leave because she pulled off a ton of loot from one of the previous heists. Namely from a bunch of rich people who have way too much time and money on their hands and a Luxury Space Yacht.

>>You should try and warn Carly.

"Hey guys, check it out, even the toilet seats are marble and gold!"

>Suddenly rich people personal private army attacks

Damn, it looked like Carly some of Carly's pirate crew was gonna mutiny on her! Now, from your experience, pirate revolts and mutinies were usually quite common. After all, pirates generally only tolerated their leaders as long as they could consistently bring in loot to keep them appeased. You've run into more than one pirate gang that had torn itself apart when times went bad and various pirates within the crew thought it was the best time to seize power.

Was Carly having less success than she was giving off? Were the pirates not happy with her policies?

Or did somebody leak your plans to a rival of hers?

Either way, you needed to warn her something was up!

>Go in your OFFICIAL CAPACITY as an Accord officer. They wouldn't dare touch you.
>Try to blend in with the crew.
>Well, you basically look like Carly...
>Other

>>Well, you basically look like Carly...

Time to let loose all of our pent up stress.

>inb4 we get rumbled because our tits are a smidgen bigger

Time for a makeover?

>a smidgen bigger
That or we manage to seduce the weaker willed people into obeying us.

>we get rumbled because our tits are a smidgen bigger
>"Are you saying my tits are small?!"

If things do get violent, tell Scott not to pull out the Spider Mines. I bet there are a few people in the galaxy that still get nightmares from the movies of those Mines going rogue and latching onto people.

>We crit fail to the point when everyone actually thinks we're Carly, and taking it to an extreme.

>>Well, you basically look like Carly...

>we crit succeed tot the point when we believe beyond even a shadow of a doubt that we ARE Carly

Well, you basically look like Carly, so... well... you could probably just pretend to be her and waltz your way over to where the real Carly is. It could totally work!

Probably.

Maybe.

Tank, of course, thinks it's a bad idea.

"Don't be such a worrywart, Tank! I can take care of myself!" You sigh.

Tank insists on coming with you.

"If you do that, then they'd KNOW I'm not Carly!" You groan. "You stay behind and make sure Scott is safe, all right?"

Tank reluctantly agrees.

All right, so now you just had to figure out if you could go it alone or ask one of Carly's crew to help. She seemed to trust them enough, but you couldn't be totally sure yourself...

>Go it alone.
>Try to recruit one of Carly's crew to help.
>Other

>>Go it alone.
What would Carly do in the situation?

Spit, Swear, and chew out people. We're a fucking Space Pirate who doesn't afraid on anything!

>Go it alone.
NO FEAR
NO REMORSE
NO REASON

>>>Go it alone.

>Go it alone.

>>Go it alone.

So where do you think our bosses will send us next after this little vacation?

I'm hoping we get sent to an ice planet so we have an excuse to have THERMAL SUITS and THERMAL CUTTERS (Read: Transparent Orange Chainsaws).

>>Go it alone.

>>Go it alone.

inb4 crit success to Psi-Deceive people into believing we truly are Carly

>Go it alone.

I personally wouldn't mind busting Confederate smugglers skirting through the edges of Accord space and maybe taking their ANCIENT ALIEN MACGUFFIN(s)

I like the way you think

I wish they made a new Ice Planet set

>Try to recruit one of Carly's crew to help.
The tin can. Because no one would consider going against him.

Pretty sure the crew wouldn't mind going to Tropical Island Paradise Planet for beach scenes, and missions! Might wanna get some swimsuits or adapt some clothes for the climate.

>Tank flusters seeing Sam in her underwear, but is perfectly fine seeing her in a Swimsuit.

Nah, you could totally do this alone! Totally!

This wasn't going to backfire on you in any way!

Thankfully, you have access to Carly's quarters, which means you have access to her wardrobe, too. You quickly dig into her closet and drawers, assembling a collection of shirts, pants, and overcoat that most closely matched what your remembered Carly was wearing.

Man, you kinda miss wearing actual clothes. One of the sacrifices you had to make serving in the Accord.

Anyways, you quickly pull on your little selection of pirate clothing, noting how the shirt was a bit tight in the chest. However, you pause as you approaching the open loading ramp, where you could see dozens of pirates boarding and disembarking, loading and unloading crate and cargo of various kinds. What if one of them saw through your disguise...?

>Gotta double down and trust in yourself!
>Maybe you should find a more... subtle method of getting off the ship.
>Other

Just straighten your back, walk like you know where you're going, and think "murder"

GREETINGS FELLOW PIRA-I MEAN CREW. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON YOUR CURRENT TASK AND PAY NO ATTENTION TO MY SLIGHTLY ENLARGENED BOSOM

>>Gotta double down and trust in yourself!
I trust Carly enough to be somewhat impulsive enough to do things on the fly.

*Cue Biotic/Psychic Mind Trick*

>Not mentioning the mandatory private bathing moment in a waterfall and inviting Tank to join

>>Gotta double down and trust in yourself!

Well, if anyone questions our orders, we can always say, "I change my mind!"

I'm just hoping Carly doesn't somehow get half the pirate base on her ass if things go south.

You just gotta double down and trust yourself in your ability to ape your own sister's habits! Realizing your eyes were obviously a different color from Carly's, you quickly flip on a pair of tinted glasses to hide your eyes and stride through the crowd as confidently and quickly as you could.

>Roll 1d20

Rolled 3 (1d20)

ERE WE GO ERE WE GO ERE WE GO

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolled 20 (1d20)

"Okay, ladies, less sass or I'll kick your ass!"

Somehow, I knew that would work.

Rolled 14 (1d20)

We are keeping that crit

Huh, looks like our passive Psychic Mind Trick worked.

She obviously does this all the time.

...and nobody so much as bats and eye toward you as you stride down the loading ramp and past all of the assorted pirates.

H-holy crap! It's actually working! You fight the urge to happily skip the rest of the way as you confidently stride deeper into the base.

And that's when you see that Carly's ship is not the only one here. As you move deeper into the hideout, you could see similar hangar spaces carved into the ground similar to the one Long Claw is docked in. You could see a handful of other destroyer and frigate sized ships, and about a dozen smaller corvette class ships. Carly had her own damn little flotilla!

No, you weren't jealous of her at all!

Unfortunately, you now realize that you don't actually KNOW where Carly is in this damn base! Maybe you should ask for directions... but that would look weird coming from the supposed captain since Carly was supposed to now the place...

>Just wander around a bit. You'll find it eventually!
>Ask someone for directions.
>Other

>>Just wander around a bit. You'll find it eventually!

Don't worry guys I just sold my soul to the dice gods

>Don't worry guys I just sold my soul to the dice gods
>Don't worry guys
>Don't worry

Not lost, exploring

So is this one more tally to the "Sam actually has psychic powers (AKA Sam is surprisingly good at EVERYTHING)" list, or the "Things Sam can pull off while dressed up as Carly, and vice-versa?"

Sam is a psionic super soldier designed for covert ops.

Stop with the fucking shadowruns guys

Well, you'll just wander around a bit. You'll find it eventually! After all, since this is going to be a meeting between Carly and all of her subcaptains, they had to be organized in the most secure part of the base right? So you just had to head deeper in! Yeah, that's it!

Your luck was holding out pretty damn well so far, after all!

>Roll 1d20

Rolled 3 (1d20)

FAIL

Not so much shadowruns when it's like looking at a Legend coming to life! Sam was always meant for the greater things!

Rolled 17 (1d20)

At this point in the quest, we can give her a jet and she'll be able to fly it by the end of the day.

A good question is what don't they teach her at the Academy?

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Oh god, we're essentially the Kerrigan to Tank's Raynor.

Let's NOT go further in that comparison okay?

You feel like you're heading in the right direction, as the crowd of random pirates milling about starts to drop off sharply, replaced by more purposeful and heavily armed pirates posted at regular intervals, obviously guards. A few of them give you curious, confused looks, as if they'd just been hit with a sense of deja vu.

That was good, that meant Carly must have passed by not so long ago!

You quicken your pace, so as not to give the guards enough time to mull about how there might be two Carlys, and finally you see a larger group of various pirates up ahead. And leading them was Carly herself as they headed to what looked to be a fortified meeting room.

Damn, you didn't have much time.

>You need to find a way to grab Carly's attention!
>You'll have to find a way to sneak into that room.
>Other

>You need to find a way to grab Carly's attention!

>>You need to find a way to grab Carly's attention!

>>You'll have to find a way to sneak into that room.

>>You need to find a way to grab Carly's attention!

Do we have any childhood thing we used to do like hand signals, symbols, shadow puppets, etc.?

>>You'll have to find a way to sneak into that room.
Commencing Virtuous Mission!

>You'll have to find a way to sneak into that room

Did merc die?

You watch as the gaggle of pirate officers follow Carly into the meeting room, and the two large blast doors leading into the room slowly slide closed with a loud but low WHUMP. That door definitely was too thick to just kick down, well, for you at least. You were pretty certain Tank could force them open on his own, but unfortunately he wasn't here, and you were starting to really feel his absence now.

However, the mechanisms keeping the door shut didn't seem that complicated, and there were only two pirates guarding the door. If you were quick enough, you could probably get the drop on them.

Then again, you've learned from various raids that doors weren't necessarily the only way to get into a room...

>Try to find an alternate path.
>Just force your way in!
>Other

>>Try to find an alternate path.

>Try to find an alternate path.