Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Generator Blues Chapter II: Slaves to the Dice Gods Edition
Of Germans and Death Guard Sub-Edition
In the last thread the Militia and Cult Generator got fixed, a SA wanted advice, an user posted his results for the Legion generator, one IFfag told use the horror he has endured, an user told us about his custom II legion and much more in the last thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

First for Transport Vindicators being fucking broken holy shit SA what are you doing

Hail to the homebrew gods.

So just had our local club 30k doubles event yesterday, it was a blast and everyone was cool and dudes rolled dice and made shit blow up. Anyone want army pics and so forth?

Please do

Can I use 40k bikes so long as I got 40k style tops and heads?

See last thread, you can do whatever, no-one really minds as long as you dont half-ass everything

Can I use my 40k chapter as blackshields

Sure, Space Sharks were a bit like this, outside of the heresy and almost rogue in their independence only coming back to the Imperium to re-arm during the second founding.

Lost through space and time.

Speaking of homebrew I rolled up a legion that is probably more zealous than the Word Bearers
Specialty
x3 Zealotry (what are the odds?)
Grinding Attrition
Personal Craftsmanship (Negative Trait)

Scale is skirmish and hordes of infantry

They get unique armour or shields and an additional legion special unit

Their legion special units are a breacher squad and two recon squads

Their homeworld is a great penitentiary with warring tribes

Their primarch's struggles were mass uprisings and defence of the realm

Primarch is good at CC, mobile shooting, and special supplies but is fragile

So we have marines from a prison planet filled with warring gangs that are more fanatical than the Word Bearers and have a thing for breachers and recon squads. Also they love making their own weapons and armour to honour their primarch, the emperor, humanity, the imperium, whatever but it is invariably shit. I imagine their unique armour is pretty much a suicide vest.

Yes. Just come up with a good reason behind it. Seriously people, you can get away with almost anything to fit the lore in 30k if you put some effort into it.

Sounds fun, now roll for rules user. And by roll I mean make.

I thought they were exiled by Corvus.

OK will do, will take a while to post em all, hold on to your butts

They were. That doesn't mean they didn't fight during the Heresy. They certainly did. Just not for Corax. We're expected to find out more when the Carcharadon novel comes out later this year.

They were. Apparently one of the big arguments was that the old XIXth legion maintained slavery, something Corax could not stand for.

Red Hunters are also rumored to be second founding so there's another 40k chapter that could be easily been made from a group of loyalist Blackshields.

OK so the event was a 1500 points per person doubles event, so 3k points per team. The armies everyone took were a diverse bunch and we all had tons of fun. No aspies, no huge rule arguments just dudes, no fists, and no drama. Was great. I took a Scoria delivery system cybernetica list and his finally tally for the day was 1x spartan and its gal vorbak + HQ contents, 1 rhino + its support squad contents, 1x unit of tryant seige terminators + HQ, 1x Contemptor dread, 1 x rhino, 1x Iron Hands gorgon termi unit and its HQ

ok so 1 image per post will try and fit in all the armies I got pics of on the day

Does this guy have unique rules?

>female astartes legions

He said almost anything.

Probably gonna make them go full Allahu Akbar as a legion

Legiones Astartes Rules
>FnP 6+ (refuse to die until they do everything they can for the Imperium)
>Stubborn
>Can reroll failed attempts to regroup
>Cannot go to ground or be pinned
>Armour saves are decreased by 1 (2+ becomes 3+, 3+ becomes 4+, etc.) whenever a unit is being shot at anything strength 7 or higher

Special Wargear
>Self Immolation Protocols: Any character can add Self Immolation Protocols to their armour. When in close combat any character can use their self immolation protocols during or any time after their initiative step (so an I 4 character can use them at the I 4 step, I 3 step, etc.) but cannot make any attacks the initiative step they utilize their self immolation protocols. When used place a small blast marker over the character, every model underneath takes a strength 10 AP 1 hit, the character that utilized the self immolation protocols is automatically removed as a casualty and their unit becomes fearless until the end of the controlling player's assault phase. 25 points

Special Units
>Breachers with 5+ FnP by default or increasing existing FnP saves by 2 for up to a 3+ FnP save. Cost a good bit more than breachers and instead of special weapons models can be equipped with self immolation protocols. Pretty much they are so fanatical they are as hard to kill as a marine pumped full of pain killers. elites choice
>Scout Unit 1 is pretty much normal scouts except they swap their ranged options for melee options, swapping bolters for chainswords and having the option to swap the chainswords with charnabal sabres or power weapons. troops choice
>Scout unit 2 maybe stealth suicide bombers? elites or heavy support choice?

Iron Hands

Yeah but they are boring and shit.

Where are the rules?

Militia

Some Reductor Mech

Deathguard

Nice mech-heads
Those poison-huffers look great

Iron Warriors

Word bearers

swarm of thralls mech

Opinions on the new unit changes?

more Iron Warriors

Been out of the loop for a while, what new unit changes?

Good changes overall.

and the 3rd Iron Warriros

I love the Leviathan dreadnought.

Sons of Horus drop assault

Space Wolves

and some Alpha Legion

There were a couple of other armies I missed taking pics of which sucks.......but yeah good times and great event

Do Sons of Horus work as anything other than hordes?

Anyone know any good places that do jump packs? Need some for my Reavers and Praetor

There was a new legion astartes red book released (likely the last one for awhile since it's updated for all 18 legions)

What? SoH are probably the best drop pod army in 30k, take Maloghurst and make Veterans troops and Orbital Assault, choose a target and fuck it up or take a bunch of Seekers in Dreadclaws and land close to your target to fuck it up even more. The Long March RoW seems to be more geared towards a balanced army.

Praetor without a gun for 15 points cheaper

thats it

What did you guys get recently?

Just got 10 tartaros, a Spartan and a Knight Lancer in the mail

mostly positive
(non veteran) tactical marines need some kind of incentive to take them, though.

FotL isnt enough? It can be brutal for several legions, like UM, IF and SoH and even WS.

ForL tables non meq armies. Absolutely tables guard blobs, bid blobs, ork blobs. Any non meq faction just about eats it.

I've found it underwhelming, but maybe I'm not giving it enough of a chance

Kromlech or Anvil Industry depending on what sort of thing you're looking for

These look really boring to play and play agaisnt. Why are vehicles so prevalent in 30k?

I recently bought built and primed 2 plastic predators. turns out I overprimed them while in humid weather and basically ruined them (after trying several strip methods). feels bad man.

Because Medusas.

Can ultramarines work out of B@C? I like the whole roman theme but their rules look like they prefer the big boy tac squads.

>Because assholes
FTFY

then try some more it will be cheaper until you've totally melted them.

most of the vehicle heavy lists were paired with infantry lists as a team, so as a 3k singluar force it was fine. I pretty much ignored spartans in my games and just focused on objectives and killing anything that could secure an objective and we won all 3 games because of that.

I tried a few chemicals and then let my friend at the LGS try some stronger stuff he owns. Turns out Army Painter color sprays are the herpes of primers.

314 KB JPG
Has anybody had any success with Solar Auxilia tactics and paint schemes?

Im a disgruntled IG player and Solar auxilia look fun. But it seems a bit different with leman russes being able to outflank and superheavies as heavy support.

Any tips?

>I like the whole roman theme but their rules look like they prefer the big boy tac squads.

I think they benefit more from dedicated transports than large units, you could run a mechanized force and have each rhino/drop pod paint a target for another unit. If you're going hordes and footsloggers than getting recon marines to paint the targets is just as well.

Ordered the new book, Horus, ten reavers and five tartaros to go with about 2 Calth boxes for a Long March designed army

depending on the meta, a meat-wave of guardsman supported by a few pie plates can be pretty dangerous

I dont play them but they seem to be geared to either a massive mechanized blitzkrieg of giant tanks and dedicated transports with demolisher cannons OR a tough gunline with cover out the ass supported by artillery or fast as fuck tanks.

Basically this. Dracosan build is most appealing to me. They're also amazing as allies since you can fit anywhere from one unit/transport to six units/transports in only troop slots, take the tank commander as a compulsory HQ, stick him in a superheavy tank that's a HS choice, and take a Leman Russ squadron as Fast Attack.

nigga this ain't reddit gtfo with your retarded spongefag spam

No need to be rude. I'm just trying to have fun on the Finnish Puppet Show forum we share.

>fun

That's a funky list.

IRON WITHIN IRON WITHOUT

Thank Horus for cheaper jump troops.

Is the red book in the op the new one?

based death guard

anyone want to post their 2k lists they use to play against local 40k players? I'm curious what you guys bring when the odds are stacked in favor of the 40ker. And I know some of you guys (like myself) have a hard time finding 30k opponents.

Oh hey, that's Tim's army from the Eye of Horus podcast, isn't it?

Uh oh, I've got some I'm going to use soon. What went wrong originally, and what do you think you'll use next time? (For priming, not stripping.)

correct bro he plays at our event/club
It was disappointing his mech team and my mech team didn't get to duke it out haha.

Wrong, 2k plus is our court

265-Terminator Command Squad, five Combiplas, 3x PFist, 2xCFist, Teleportation Transponder

275-Terror Squad-10 models, Volkite Chargers, Chainglaive, AA, Meltabombs

180-Contemptor-Mortis, Dual Kheres
195-Apothecarion Detachment, 3x Chainglaive, 3x AA

100-Attack Bike Squadron, 2x models, 2x Autocannons, Meltabombs

435-Night Haunter

A new version for the new book. It used to replace the apothecaries with another Contemptor and the bikers with an Executioner Predator. Works pretty decently since practically nothing can kill Night Haunter before he catches you, flays you alive and causes everything within 12" to shit their pants, and A Talent for Murder works more often than it does in 30k where practically everything is 10 models or more. Also reams most tau a new one due to Curze making them run like pussies, and he can easily destroy anything he catches. Eldar, Vanilla SM with free transports everywhere and Decuricrons will still paste me, but thats about all that i can't defeat at least a third of the time

Isn't 40k almost always played at 1850 or 1500 points these days? Granted, trying to squeeze a 30k list into 1850 almost always winds up with a mediocre list unless you go with a cheese build like Questoris Knights, Armoured Breakthrough, Scoria-anything, Ordo Reductor, or the like.

Maxmini have some as well.

Browsed for some bits and found these, really want to make some auxilia for my DG now.

That bottom right guy looks like he's seen a ghost.

Praetor, Paragon Blade, Iron Halo, Power Dagger (155)
Rite of War- Coils of the Hydra

Tactical Squad x 10, extra CCW (145)
Dedicated Transport- Rhino (35)

Seeker Squad x 10 (255)
Dedicated Transport- Rhino (35)

Salamander Pyroclasts x 8, Warden with Power fist/Power Dagger (255)
Dedicated Transport- Land Raider Proteus, Explorator Augury Web, dozer blade, extra armor, TL Lascannon, (270)

Sicaran, Lascannons (205)
Sicaran, Lascannons (205)
Fire Raptor- Reaper Autocannons (210)

Infiltrating/scouting a proteus full of pyroclasts usually fucks something up good and proper. The fire raptor and seekers are also a nice touch.

I used Army Painter Daemonic Yellow. Turned out alright but it goes on thick and gunky on infantry and only really worked on vehicles for me. I tried spraying two new tanks in humid weather outside my new house I moved to and it went on thick, crummy, chalky, every bad adjective you can think of. It was the most disheartening thing that's happened to me. So I've been spending the past two weeks trying to strip it but this stuff fucking STICKS. what will I be doing differently? Priming white or black with GW or Rustoleum and painting my own shit without trying to take spray can shortcuts. Never again.

>Ordo Reductor
>270 points minimum for troops that give you six total bodies
>Limit the number of robots you can take
>Good

The only real advantage Ordo Reductor has is the Matrix of Ruin FoC allowing them to take two lords of war, and the option to take LoW isn't even available at 1850 or 1500 points.

All of that shit is your fault, don't blame the paint.

Just fuck right off. The point I was trying to make is that you can't strip it if you make a mistake.

Tamiya offers damn good if expensive pprimers, army painter is fine and you probably messed it up somehow or got a bad can.

Every time I look at that army I wonder who the hell would enjoy playing that or against that.

I wouldn't know. I'm so discouraged with trying to finish this army that I'm about to give up and box it up. I tried to build a strong enough list to keep up with 40k players and it backfired for being too cheesy in 30k. Then the $150 I got from selling my old Grey Knights that went into buying two predators, glue, and more yellow primer was basically a waste so now I've hit rock bottom for my only hobby, a tabletop game about buff space dudes

The point of OR/Matrix of Ruin is that you can take the most points efficient fast tanks in HH in four HS slots and make them scoring units in the enemy deployment zone. Just put everything else in reserve.

Damn, you guys are mean. We all started somewhere, we've all fucked up spray paint at some point. This user's girlfriend is all up in his grill about his inconsistent yellow as it is.

Dude, watch more youtube tutorials on how to prime models, listen to when he says Tamiya's the shit, and have patience. You won't git gud overnight, so take your time.

If you have to, sell those preds to some sucker on eBay, or just put them to one side, use them when they're needed but otherwise just focus on refining your skills and when you're feeling frustrated at your lack of progress just look back at those preds and see how far you've come.

>Damn, you guys are mean. We all started somewhere, we've all fucked up spray paint at some point. This user's girlfriend is all up in his grill about his inconsistent yellow as it is.
I wasn't talking about the paint job, playing an army that consists of just three small infantry squads, some transports, and three knights sounds boring as hell. I don't care if you have parkinsons so it looks like you coloured your army with crayons, I can deal with that. But fuck triple knights and pretty much nothing else is just a snoozefest of a game, and he didn't even use interesting FW knight variants (not that that would make me want to play that army).

It's alright Knight user. I'll still be your friend. We can be alone together. Wait you have a girlfriend. Get out and never return! I rescind my offer of friendship!

We still cool, right? Just because I'm an IWfag doesn't mean we can't be bros.

It's alright buddy, you might've screwed up, but you know that you screwed up. And that's a good thing, because you learned from it. Heck man, you have friends and/or a FLGS to play at, right? That's more than I have, and a girflfriend to boot! Definitely something I don't have either. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here posting on Veeky Forums and working on my army knowing that I'll not play it against anyone ever.

Sorry if I suck at cheering you up. It's all the bitterness at FW neglecting my legion.

You care too much for what user says and build the army you want, you like triple knights plus tanks? Go for it and change when your games become boring or whatever.

At least your not namefagging anymore.