MTG EDH/Commander

Stompy Edition post your big dumb fun decks

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-olivia-10-vampire-tribal/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sentence-guilty/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-08-15-sliver-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/krenko-goblin-fun-time/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-edh-token-funtime/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-06-15-surrak-and-friends/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was told there would be pasta?

First for the most fun pauper commander.

Posting big dumb spaghetti up in here

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-olivia-10-vampire-tribal/

>cast vampires
>turn sideways
>have fun

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-07-16-ghave/

Put this together with what I had laying around. Any ideas for what to add/remove (besides the obvious)?

I had a pretty fun board state the other night. Nobody gets any permanents.dec

Is there any resource to check and see what cards are phyrexian in origin? I wanna make a list of potential cards to beef up my phyrexian themed "graveyard" deck (sheoldred is the commander) and I'm emphasizing flavor, so no soul ring, jet medallion, ect. The card MUST either be a phyrexian creature, artifact, ect. Or it must reference phyrexia/the oil/whatever in it's text.
EX: Phyrexian negator, Phyrexian Oblitorator, Massacre Wurm.

EX2: Dark ritual Urza saga gets a pass, but only that printing as it describes phyrexia.

Look at the art?

Gatherer advanced search "phyrexia" in flavor text?

Next deck wat do

Kresh is so boring. Jundsac.dec

all-player token producers
infinite hourglass
crescendo of war
ghostly prison
windborn muse
sphere of safety
fumiko the lowblood
all 3 "Tempt with X" cards

Warp World
Scrambleverse
Grip of Chaos
Possibility Storm

>Warp World
>Scrambleverse
>Grip of Chaos
>Possibility Storm
DELETE THIS

>Warp World
>Scrambleverse
>Grip of Chaos
>Possibility Storm

I'm trying to play Magic, not move in

If nothing else run Rite of the Raging Storm.

Damage doublers with gahiji make people take a real close look at that 1/1 about to hit them for 12.

furnace of rath
dictate of the twin gods
curse of bloodletting
bitter feud
gratuitous violence

I dont like overblaze but you can catch people off guard with it I guess.
gisela, blade of goldnight

>Avatar of slaughter so all creatures must attack
>play prison cards
>pacify your own guys
>sit back and enjoy the show

I was thinking about starting a Pauper EDh deck, how does pic related in a UB tempo deck with cards like Stealer of Secrets to provide additional card advantage? One particularly powerful card I came across is Malicious Advice, taps blockers/attackers and can even tap all lands before their first main.
She's also a real qt

I've got a foil one of her lying around. I've also wanted to build pauper EDH, just to give the cutie a home.

I think she could be approached from the angle that she's a looter. So any type of list that would like looting like tempo and control could be helmed by her. I'm not sure how much mileage you can get out of trying to tap and untap her.

But, y'know, I'd do it!

Why not just use Baleful Strix? It seems better in every way.

posting big blue idiots

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sentence-guilty/

Can I get some thoughts on my list? It doesn't have any dumb blue stompers but it's pretty cancerous anyway.

Is there any good way to play Trostani without just big dumb animals + tooth and nail style finishers?

I like Green/White flavor

Your manabase is a masterpiece of laziness and shittiness.

By which means....

Your land count is too low. 33 is insufficient.

You do not have enough multilands, and multilands are plentiful in allied colors. Cheap ones, too. Go fill up. Check edhrec for the quick skinny.

garbaggio

Yeah, thought about increasing the land count to 35 maybe 36 if I can cut enough stuff and maybe exchanging basics for utility, not gonna include much more mana fixibg though since I run rocks. Even the temple is only in there because it was in the original deck this one is modeled after.
You guys have some suggestions on what to cut? I

Other user here, fix your mana. It doesn't even have to cost you. Cut temple of the False God, the card sucks.
Lands you can add for cheap:
Guildgate, bounceland, refuge, ktk refuge, flood plain, e.wilds/t.expanse and more.
I'll give advice once you fix that manabase of yours

Enchantress? Lifegain? Voltron?
Play it however you want

Old versions but
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-08-15-sliver-edh/

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/krenko-goblin-fun-time/

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-edh-token-funtime/

Well, my attempt at 6 color Eldrazi failed pretty spectacularly. It is true that Eldrazi are all over the place as a tribe, which sadly means that they don't inherently synergize with each other.

I might end up going Grixis Processor and be done with it. I already cut most of my scion cards.

Bane?

Thanks, I appreciate your advise though I'm not gonna follow it. As I said I run rocks for color fixing (Ingot + Lotus rightnow, but if I can get my hands of a coalition relic I'll throw that in too.
I conciously decided against double lands especially Guildgates I'd never ever use, lifelands like refuge are only useful if you have lifegain triggers (like Oloro's ability) and while I usually like the bouncelands I wouldn't play them in 2 color. As I said, I'd rather throw in utility like Vault of the Archangel.
As you may have noticed I'm also runing Back to Basics, another reason against double lands.
Fetches I barely play in 3 color and I'd never put any in a 2 color deck except Angry Omnath or another deck with tons of landfall triggers.

>guys help me
>no I don't like that advice

Well, he is allowed to not take advice. It's not like asking for advice is giving the wheel to some person on the internet

stop shitposting

>I'm bad at deck building, let me list the ways.

stop samefagging

Sure thing

>Throw in these lands that slow you down in the beginning of the game while slowing you even more down as soon as you establish a board position and during the end game
You can build your decks as low power as you like, but in my meta I'd rather have lands come in untapped so I can react.
I've enough card draw and top deck manipulation to not get color screwed there is no reason to play double lands.

Fucking Christ, I give up. Maybe someone else will help you, or you can go read one (1) article on the subject.

then add ones that don't come in tapped

not worth having a shitty mana base just because of a single card you run, and just cuz you have some fixing doesn't mean more isn't better, and two rocks is pretty crappy fixing anyway

Any of ya'll try a new Bruna list? I'm thinking about how to do it without going too much on Angels and Humans.

Monowhite is usually balls, but I feel with Inheritance, Mentor, Staff, Mind's Eye and whatnot, I should be fine.

Plus, the reanimator effect on that bitch is strong as hell.

You don't even run fetches, your meta isn't competitive. You're just a bit slow.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-06-15-surrak-and-friends/
I've been working on this off and on for a while and would appreciate any advice. My commander used to be different but Last time I went through for cards I picked up surrak

I thought about it.

Then I stopped because mono-white is just so bad.

Is this the 33land+dark ritual Anowon guy?

>Immerwolf
>Where-wolves

>Evolve
Dude don't do this to yourself, Evolve is so bad
Fathom Mage you can do fun with but Evolve is so bad

Minimum level of lands for gitgud frog if running low amounts of mana rocks and dorks?

Follow up
>All those pump spells
>All those weakass Instants and Sorcerys
>All that all over the place
Go to your LGS and play the deck like 40 times, only then will you know what works in the deck.

Also get Stonebrow, Krosan Hero

Either there is one guy, who I'd a massive retard/excellent troll who is responsible for a gem like this every few threads, or there are an awful lot of terrible, delusional players here.

>Go to your LGS and play the deck like 40 times
Anyone else build a new deck every week?

I'm pretty sure that's what gets me into the winner's pod so consistently. People seem to run similar decks every week, whereas I jump ship to a completely different strategy every time I show up.

WILDCARD BITCHES

How do you even win with this deck other than Zulaport Cutthroat?

Lock the board down and turn creatures sideways. Not that difficult of a concept, user. Keep practicing, you'll get it.

Better hatebears commander: Ephara for the countermagic/drawing, or 8.5 Tails for reliable protection, recursion, and equipment voltron?

Neither:
OG Anafenza is the best for hatebears.

Gaddock Teeg, obviously.

Well I grabbed a 3rd party resale 3 booster pack for the foil atarka on the front. Ended up having a pretty neat pull. Guess I'm building a RG stompy dragons deck.

Link me some essentials and secret tech, tg.

Oh god why is it upside down. Also, foil mana confluence.

oh shit. foil atarka? when'd that happen?

Hopefully this is better.

Dammit.
I don't know, it was in a game stop. 1 pack each of nyx, khans, and dragons.

kek
As for Atarka, I haven't really seen her with other dragons desu, she hits so hard by herself that she 1-2 shots people consistently. And this is coming from someone in a pretty competitive meta.
I'll think of stuff that comes to mind

Isn't it like 3:30 AM on a Monday in Australia? Go to bed, user.

Dragon Tempest, Fervor, Xenagod, Hunter's Prowess, Balefire Dragon, Triumph of the Hordes, Ogre Battledriver, Become Immense, World at War, Seize the Day

What are some good fatties that can slot into Maelstrom Wanderer, that can also be tutored with Mwonvuli Beast Tracker? I have most of the obvious stuff like giant adephage, kalonian hydra and everything good from the last few sets.

Neither of those is on the menu, anons. It's Ephara or 8.5 Tails.

I already run Anafenza and I'm tired of her.

Why do you want to play bad Hatebears without green?

Ephara gets my vote then. I've never seen her played (IRL that is).

>why do you want to play x over y?
Because they play differently and they're both cards I like to see on a regular basis.

Then make a good deck with the commander you like, not a mismatched abomination.

How do you all feel about the "Made for commander" cards? Some of my playgroup think that it takes some of the fun away when they make cards specifically for commander.

Do you dislike the Commanders that come with the precons? Or do you see them as just another commander? I know Meren gets a lot of hate because she is head and shoulders above the other precons, but what are your thoughts?

Depends on the Commander mostly.
Mizzix can go suck a dick for being UR spellwank.
Meren is just boring goodstuff.
I'm fine with anyone playing anything, as long as it's not on the banlist or shouldn't be on the banlist and has actually been printed.

Which is why I'm asking about two possible commanders: Ephara, with W and U hatebears to be a pain in the ass and trigger her ability, and 8.5 Tails for the built-in protection and abilities ripe for abuse.

Like I said, those commanders aren't good for Hatebears.

I think scrap mastery is pure bullshit, but most are pretty balanced. Even Meren isn't that bad because it's super vulnerable to exile and in order to get the full benefit you need a well constructed deck in the first place. I feel as if the precons are some of the best built wizards products out there and I will consistently buy the new ones because they're a good value. Mazierk is pure fun and you'll never convince me otherwise. Domineering will is also a blast.

ZA

WARUDO

>blade of selves
>high market
>command beacon

don't think that works the way you want it to, friendpai

Other user here, it does work.
Tokens go to the graveyard unless there is a replacement effect such as Rest in Peace

On one hand, the commander products are the best supplemental products wizards have ever made. They are a mostly great contribution to the game.

On the other hand, a small percentage of the cards they print in commander are developed very poorly and without any discipline. They read as if they were made from a Veeky Forums custom card thread by some user seeing how hard they could jerk themselves off to their own card.

It's one thing if a commander card is degenerate if it is used with a certain dedicated strategy. It's an entirely worse thing if it only takes one or two cards to completely break a commander. Prossh can be made into a consistent turn 3/4 kill deck almost completely by accident.

What makes this situation even shittier is that wizards has created unrealistic expectations for new legendary creatures. We have a cool new legendary spider with an extremely efficient body? Everybody is going to call it shit because it's not as degenerate as Prossh. Make Meren to compete with Prossh? Then everybody complains that it's degenerate. The commander products have sort of opened a pandora's box and it's no longer going to be possible to please everybody.

There is a silver lining. Wizards is using a pendulum design technique in order to try to find the right balance for new legendary cards. The 2012 Commanders were hit-or-miss, so the pendulum swings toward more power. 2013 was too much, so the pendulum swings back. 2014 commanders were mostly weak, so the pendulum goes back to the powerful side. 2015 gave us a mixed bag with some UP and some OP commanders, so Innistrad swung back to giving us more balanced commander cards. Every iteration is going to come closer to the sweet spot between degenerate and bland.

but yosei is legendary

oh nvm i get it now

*pats your head*
It's great you didn't have to be spoonfed, user.
Have a kitten

What cards in EMN should I be looking out for to put in Newzuri?

Realistically, nothing.
Eldritch evolution can tutor sage of hours, but this is only if your playgroup is pretty scrub

Identity Theif
Eldrich Evolution
Imprisoned in the Moon
Kessig Prowler
Permeating Mass

Swing for 18000 trample damage, response?

Fog

>deflecting palm

It's still wierd to me that Crafterhoof is from Innistrad block. It doesn't fit at all thematically. Would be more at home on Zendikar or one of the shards of Alara

Oh cool, this fag is still around and posting.

Riot Control

still better than puma poster

About 5% of a set's cards will have nothing to do with the themes of set.

Although one of the themes of AVR was that life was returning to the plane

Well you're wrong, 8.5 tails is great for hatebears because protects them, and white is good for dodging board wipes

Only way I can see it is if its meant to be a kaiju reference, and even then this is a stretch considering the rest of the homages are a lot more clear

My buddy plays a really cool Jeleva Eldrazi Processor deck. He built it after I mentioned how cool Oblivion Sower was with Jeleva. Not his best deck obviously, but fun and stronger than we initially expected.

That wouldn't help at all really