What is the PSY-Frame of MtG?

What is the PSY-Frame of MtG?

The core strategy of the archetype consists of a single basic move: using the "PSY-Framegears" as hand traps to disrupt the opponent's moves while Special Summoning themselves alongside "PSY-Frame Driver", performing a Synchro Summon during the opponent's turn with "PSY-Frame Circuit" if possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zqddDPfkLbg
youtu.be/4uxDvHWxYp0
youtube.com/watch?v=qKq_OoMl4bQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't this kind of broken?
We have cards that let you remove threats from your opponent's hand, but they usually are limited or have a drawback.
I'm thinking Grixis Control or some Waste Not control, that let you empty your opponent's hand, kill his things and spawn tokens with Young Pyromancer and Waste Not respectively.

Omega is the best Level 8 Synchro in the game. PSY-Frames are shit. They can only negate stuff if you control no monsters.

>implying Konami gives a shit about balance.
C'mon user, this is "one turn win, the game"

Someone hasn't played Yugioh. Games rarely end on one turn, unless you open the perfect hand and your opponent isn't able to answer it.

>We have cards that let you remove threats from your opponent's hand, but they usually are limited or have a drawback.
Uh, Omega is limited in that it requires you to be playing tuners and the appropriate levels. It's equivalent to needing to be playing Black to play Thoughtseize. It's very good regardless but that was an extremely shallow evaluation, especially considering how strong discard has been even in recent Magic history with standard dealing with the Thoughtseize reprint. It probably takes less dedication to splash black for Thoughtseize than it is to play tuners for Omega

The MTg equivalent are control decks which yugioh does not really have in the traditional sense, where control decks are 99% of the time what magic calls "aggro control" or "tempo", where the idea is set up a threat and then protect it. PSY-Frames are more like traditional draw-go, and can be beaten in a similar way

You're right.
They normally end turn 2.

Yes.

Not first turn. One turn. As in, suddenly fill the board up with enough damage, to kill.
In magic terms, Channel+fireball+black lotus is a First Turn Kill. Dropping a Door to Nothing, and somehow activating it on the same turn is a One Turn Kill.

Monarchs don't do that. Kozmo can do that, but that means they opened well and their opponent didn't. Burning Abyss can OTK, but its the same thing with Kozmo.

In MtG, games involve exchanged damage or win conditions: player 1 puts out three damage, player 2 sneaks out four infect counters, player 1 throws up defenses and gains life, player 2 sacrifices something to open a path for another pair of infect counters, push and respond.

In YGH, player 1 and 2 draw their opening hands and then... They either unfurl a mega combo that wins, or they stall until they can put out the mega combo.

youtube.com/watch?v=zqddDPfkLbg

youtu.be/4uxDvHWxYp0

>40+ minutes
>11+ minutes
Anyone brave enough to summarize this shit?

tldr Card games have massive variation and trying to generalize them is pointless

>I haven't played x game in a million years but let me tell you how it actually works
You fucks haven't suffered through Cosplayers or HAT Vs. Geargia nonsense, you don't know just how stupidly fucking grindy ygo can get.

The Domain Monarch mirrors take forever. I hate going to locals and seeing them go into time during game 1.

>2011
>Lightsworns

Honestly, should have posted this instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=qKq_OoMl4bQ

It's kind of amusing seeing that. Especially after I just got out of a 20~ turn game on devpro right before seeing this thread because we just kept grinding each other down and just kept having answers to the other person's bullshit.

Although, that is probably at least partially because I play decks that focus more on making sure my opponent can't play than making sure I can kill them when I can play.

Why do MTG players hate Yugioh? Is it because your game will be never as ridiculously awesome? Is it because it has a (mostly decent) anime? Why MTG players? Why?

Console wars tier nonsense.

As a Magic player I don't care about Yu-gi-oh.
I used to play before the whole Synchro thing as a casual, but now I don't know enough of the game to criticize it.

I never really see Yugioh players shit on MTG, except for the times someone starts spamming MTG stuff on /dng/

I dislike Yugioh's constant power creep, and would rather have multiple formats where exactly one of them has a defined cutoff point explicitly stated than one format that might as well have approximately the same cutoff point (between bans and powercreep making older stuff unviable)

>between bans and powercreep making older stuff unviable

Blue-Eyes is meta in the OCG and will soon be meta in the TCG and will probably win Worlds.

Yes, Blue-Eyes is one of the new power creep decks that are now tier 1. You can't honestly say Blue-Eyes without any of the new support is meta in any world. Its the new cards that are broken, not vanilla Blue-Eyes.

None of the new Blue-Eyes cards are broken. Maybe Chaos MAX, but most topping builds don't even run it.

>your game will be never as ridiculously awesome
>it has a (mostly decent) anime

You act like stuck up pricks who brag about stupid shit like this online, that's why.

I used to like Yugioh as a kid, then the power creep set in to relentless degrees.

Plus, the game is like 90% niggers at my LGS.

I don't really hate it, but what I dislike and has kept me away from it is how archetype focused the game is.

Like, I tried to play one of the videogames with synchros and xyz to get a hang of them and I got stuck with the starter deck forever. Your deck and that of every NPC is a well-oiled machine if you want to play anything else, have fun grinding for 20 hours to get cards for the another archetype.

This is one of those very common misconceptions that's easy to make if you don't actually know much about it because of how much easier it is to identify an "archetype" in Yugioh as opposed to, say, Magic, where archetypes go unnamed on the cards themselves but are still equally, if not moreso, developed and sterile, at least as far as standard is concerned. There are periods where decks are majorly pure just like Magic has times where the decks are predominantly linear strategies but you really can't generalize it like that, I feel that it is leaning theme heavy right now but it was a very short time ago, last format maybe, where decks were primarily mixed themes.

>Is it because your game will be never as ridiculously awesome?
It doesn't have to be because WotC has another card game that Yugioh can never come close to matching.

Still fucking mad about it just dying in NA. Duel Master is the best.