Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Cute Bastets playing.sim
>How to make fake convincing datajacks and Decks.cmplx
>Sprites and you.trid
>Echos: How to discern good from bad ones.cmplx

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Come to daddy, little payday' by Clockwork
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Technomancer Edition. Good Luck LM!

Other urls found in this thread:

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=3742
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(2016_film)
imdb.com/title/tt1289401/reviews?ref_=tt_ql_3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Present day. Present time. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Technomancer Edition
Worst lore is worst.

Which is a shame, because the setup for them is actually pretty neat.

What's wrong with the lore? The game looks interesting but I have yet to get it.

I still can't believe that this is the same guy who wrote Digimon Tamers.

Okay, that's a lie. I totally believe that. What I can't believe is that they let him get away with it.

Short answer: "It's fine," or "Same thing that's wrong with any setting's lore after the fiction's been around for long enough", depending on your outlook.

Long answer, it's been searching for a tone ever since the first set of writer change-offs and it's not quite been consistent for something like 20 years, so the competing tone elements of the whole business are competing, more than they're coexisting. As a result, it tends to fall on the GM to remake the whole thing in his/her image, if the setting actually matters at all to them. Long-term result is, places like this have issues discussing lore peacefully for extended periods of time.

Also, it spawned both WoD and Eclipse Phase, so if you count those as sins, well, there's your scapegoat.

For me, my only problem is that all my favorite bits have been buried over the years by multiple overlapping teams of freelancers. Silver lining, though, some players don't necessarily have their reading done enough to expect the things I pull out of my bag of tricks.

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=3742

The guy has one hell of a track record.

Hate to be the guy to ask for a spoonfeeding, but are there any older books in particular I should check out for lore?

The first one I usually recommend is Threats. It's just a list of big bad guys-- Conspiracies that have infiltrated world governments, cults, experiments, magical entities-- With the information the GM needs to put them in a campaign, and it's up to you whether they're real, or rumors, or what. A lot of it's been lopped off by the 4e crew when they did the Crash 2.0, for some reason, but you can usually contrive a reason why things are still around after that.

After that, some assorted favorites are Aztlan, Underworld Sourcebook, Fields of Fire, Denver: The City of Shadows, Bug City, and Cyberpirates.

every session is MUH EVEL CORPORATIONS, ANARCHY BECAUSE I HAVE A USELESS LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE LEL
everyone's an edgelord tryhard that you'd find in their own corner of a bar sulking with their unique clawshot arm that only serves to make them edgier
every character does drugs

Prove me wrong, prove to me that Shadowrun isn't for faggots.

Because if it were for faggots, you'd be playing it.

Damn chummer, he expected regular ammo and you immediately start off with Ex-Ex

Hey guys.

I've been toying with the idea of running a campaign for 4 handpicked players. I have some experience GM-ing, but not in shadowrun.

You guys have any tips and/or tricks and/or don'ts for me?

Tastes differ

Find out what your players want to play. Discard systems that won't be in use. If no one wants to deck, then don't bother learning it through your first run.
Watch a ton of Oceans 11/heist movies.

Fuck you mate ska is awesome

I know a serious answer is useless here, but I'm going to drop one anyway.

>every character does drugs
Not in my group. One character smuggles and sells drugs, but he takes "don't get high on your own supply" to heart. The rest are drug-free.

>everyone's an edgelord tryhard
Once again, not in my group. We've got a mage who thinks he's a cat, a mutant just trying to get by and keep bloodshed to a minimum, a Harrison Ford impersonator, a geeky weeb teenage hacker, and a calm and collected professional sniper.

The sniper's our edgiest, but that's just because he's okay with killing his targets. Harrison Ford is completely morally bankrupt, but that's more comic relief than anything.

>MUH EVEL CORPORATIONS, ANARCHY
None of our characters have political agendas. More than one of our sessions has dealt with non-corp influences like organized crime, street gangs, and international playboys.

>muh evul corporations

Do a campaign where everyone was a corp wageslave for the same corp, who now give them jobs for shadowrunning.

>anarchy because useless lib arts.

Most characters are doing this purely for money or some kind of closure or thrill of danger.

>edgelord tryhard with unique x only making them edgier.

Consider the fact that when cybernetics becomes the norm, unique x isnt unique at all.

Shadowrun is for people who want cyberpunk mixed with fantasy magic and honestly you sound much more like a thinskinned faggot then the edgelords.

Just because she took Narcojet once to get some sleep doesn't mean she has a problem!

>cheers up emo kids with macarena
Everytime.

>Just because she took Narcojet once to get some sleep
Lea pls

Look, at least I'm not falling asleep at the wheel, okay?

>Cute Bastets playing.sim
Hello, there, fellow Shadowsteppers! I don't suppose any of my fellow chammers would like to go on a walk with me to illegally acquire more of these sim files?

Hit me up, obae.

sure thing chummer, I usually get my daily bastet, blueberry cat and house cat fix over at /sr-an/

whoops correction:
BLACKberry cat, not blueberry cat

Is a blueberry cat a nonmagical blackberry cat? a blackberry kitten? some kind of less agressive version?

Threats is great. I also picked up Shadows of Asia recently and fell in love with it for the sections on non-Chinese Southeast Asia (Thailabd, Vietnam, etc) and the Middle East.

Those "players" you've read so much about, /srg/?

They're not worth it.

Are you a shaman?
Cause I don't understand a fucking word you're saying.

My players (some of them at least) are a bunch of dickwads.

He's saying players are fucking retards and need to be herded like cats most of the time and generally aren't worth the effort.
My players, for instance, have a habit of doing suicidal banzai charges the second a single player gets into overflow.

thank you spirits for translating

>Worst Lore
>In Shadowrun

Well, that's sort of debatable. Shadowrun lore manages to be incoherent, super raciest and subject to change without notice.

I'm toying around with an idea of a backup rigger/face for a 12-dice-is-okay game. He'd have to possess a basic set of facing skills and would be able to pull his weight in combat through Small Unit Tactics and handing people backpack turrets. There are some problems I come across with this idea, though, so I'd like to ask you for help.

- I've been going Attributes/ Skills/ Cash B, Metatype D for 5 edge and Magic E. This leaves me uncomfortably lacking in skills department - after I split skillgroups between Athletics and Acting I need to pump Gunnery, Leadership, Etiquette and Negotiation, put a few points in pistols, batons and piloting drones. Would you say that it would be worth it to drop metatype to E in order to raise skills to A?
- Since I want to focus on Gunnery through turrets and grenade-launchung drones, I can pretty much dump AGI and most of the shooty combat skills. Yet this means that I have to pump LOG, and in order for it not to be a wasted investition I need to add some LOG-based skills. First Aid is a must, but what else should I pick? There are some Electronic Warfare-based actions in Rigger 5, are they worth it? Or maybe I should add "street doc" to my long resume, and spread my skill points even further going in Medicine and Chemistry?
- How can I do this "carrying around turrents" schtick? There is the "Smart firing platform" modification, but it is explicitly immobile and does not allow me to rig into it. Ares Sentries exist, but they need additional power source, and are usually deployed on rails. Maybe I should just use refluffed AzCrawlers with the propulsion system cut-out for carrying ease?

>doing suicidal banzai charges the second a single player gets into overflow.
As is the proper tactic for any soldier of the glorious Imperial Nipponese Army.

So, the "Commanding Voice" adept power says that the target "comes back to their senses" after carrying out your order. Do they remember you making them carry out an order, or is that section of their memory fuzzy? Like, if I had a man unload a gun and holster it again, would he still think the gun was loaded, or would he know that he unloaded his weapon.

I'd say that he'd know. Commanding Voice doesn't have anything to do with memory or thought, just actions.

Now, Control Thoughts, THAT'S where the money is.

GURPS conversion user back here; I just woke up, and am now working on a racial template for elves. I have four big questions:
1: Do elve's extra charisma come from appearance, or just a natural intangible charisma?
2: If 1 = Appearance, would you say they are inherently universally attractive (IE attractive to everyone), or are androgynous in any way?
3: How powerful is their low light vision? I know there's only one thing for it in Shadowrun, but it's tiered in GURPS. If all else fails, I'll just say they have low light equivalent to typical NVGs.
4: Increasing one's Dexterity in GURPS also increases their derived stat for Basic Speed (Reflexes, essentially). Now, elves have higher agility, but not higher reaction in Shadowrun. Should I make them only gain the DX in GURPS, or should I allow the change in Basic Speed that's associated with it?

>useless liberal arts degree

Jokes on you: my character is uneducated, so he can't have a degree.

1) charisma is described more as force of personality
2) In the core books they are described as being pretty, but I cant remember them being "universally attractive" or something similar
3) In low light conditions everyone except elves has a -2(-1 for ultrasound) DPM so It seems that other people are mildly inconvenienced
4) personally I'd say that it affects Basic speed but only by half DX

Commanding voice is basically doing your best drill sergeant impersonation so the person does what you tell them to do before really thinking about the consequences of their action too much, they still remember all of it.

> knife hands externally

Cool. Elves are done.

ELVES | TOTAL POINT COST: 33
DX +1 [20]
Basic Speed -0.25 [-5]
Appearance: Attractive [4]
Charisma 1 [5]
Night Vision 7 [7]
Extended Lifespan 1 [2]
Taboo Traits:
Appearance below average [0]

Did I miss anything?

Actually, nix the Appearance: Attractive bit. I think the taboo trait works well enough.

Would the character in question know an adept fucked with him, or would he think he just had a really dumb moment? Like a "would you kindly" from Bioshock, or what you feel when a mage detects your thoughts?

Okay, question round numero dos:
Do trolls ALWAYS see in thermographic, or is it something they can sort of go in and out of?

Would it be reasonable to say that the average troll is about 50% stronger than the average human?

Hey Yekka, the Essence Loss MAG loss calculations in Chummer are botched up.

Aspected Magician with MAG 5, put in Cyberware for 2.8 Essence, he should be left with MAG 2, but Chummer is showing MAG 3.

Don't trolls start with 5 body and like 3 strength? They're probably doubly as strong as the average human on average.

That sounded kinda weird.

Depends on the order, if its a subtle one, like telling a guard that you don't need your id checked again, you'll just take a second, could be played off with a proper con check as 100% unnoticable. But something like telling a guy to remove the ammunition from his weapon is going to take a hell of a story to convince him it was normal, otherwise his first assumption will probably be holy shit this mother fucker is magic.

I dunno, it's hard to get worse than 80s cyberpunk, and Shadowrun manages that.

Those pants, while accurate to the source material, look so bad.

Addendum:
Yekka: Someone fucked up the german Skilljack AGAIN.
This was fixed some time ago, but now its wrong again.

German Datajack in Chummer (wrong):
Essencecost 0.1xRating

German Datajack according to the book:
Essence cost fixed 0.1 no matter the rating.

Pls fix (again).

SKILLJACK, not Datajack
fuckfuckfuck

Average Troll size... 9 feet, or 15 feet? What one would be closer? 9 feet, I presume?

So, I'll jump on yekkaposting if only because this seems to silly to open a ticket.

When you add a Dracoform quality and then click "cancel" on the dialog box concerning "wanted" quality, you gain the dracoform, but the negative quality does not apper - although an empty space pops up where it should be. Then, when you try to remove the dracoform quality, Chummer crashes.

Serves people right for playing drakes,

No, every session is 'I HATE THE MAN!' and then turning around and doing the man's dirty laundry.

I personally ruled it that they see it constantly as an overlay but can concentrate to focus on it

>50% stronger
well the STR on trolls goes from 5 to 10 so i'd say an average of 7. maybe more twice than 1.5 times

minimum for trolls is STR 5 BOD 5
SR4 CRB says 2.5m average, so something around 8 ft

Awesome

ELVES | TOTAL POINT COST: 29
DX +1 [20]
Basic Speed -0.25 [-5]
Charisma 1 [5]
Night Vision 7 [7]
Extended Lifespan 1 [2]
Taboo Traits:
Appearance below average [0]

TROLLS | TOTAL POINT COST: 62
SM +1 [0]
ST +8 (Size, -10%) [72]
HT +4 [40]
Basic Move +1 [5]
DX -1 [-20]
IQ -1 [-20]
Basic Speed -0.75 [-15]
Infravision [10]
Short Lifespan 1 [-10]
Taboo Traits:
Appearance above unattractive [0]

That's that done. What next? Orks? Dwarves?

orks

Done and done.

ORKS | TOTAL POINT COST: 37
ST +5 [50]
HT +2 [20]
Will +1 [5]
Perception +1 [5]
IQ -1 [-20]
Basic Speed -0.50 [-10]
Night Vision 7 [7]
Short Lifespan 1 [-10]
Taboo Traits:
Appearance above average [0]

DWARVES | TOTAL POINT COST: 40
SM -1 [0]
ST +2 [20]
HT +1 [10]
Will +1 [5]
Basic Speed -0.25 [-5]
Infravision [10]
Taboo Traits
None

What now? I could go back to the guns, or... Not sure what else needs done. I don't know all too much about Shadowrun's magic (And even less about GURPS magic), so I may try to outsource that to someone else.

I guess there's the weapons, the matrix, some tech that isn't already in GURPS (Someone may have to tell me what exactly that would be), and cyberware.

>Orks
>Will +1
????????
Is this some difference between GURPS and SR Willpower?

Well, Will and Perception are derived stats from IQ. I was just bumping them back up to the standard of 10 after the -1 IQ. Orks have normal willpower and perception (Which in Shadowrun is derived from their normal intuition), but their Logic is poop. That's just how I tried to represent it.

Alright, finished drafting up my street doc for a game with seven people, please God, why who occupies a comfortable groove between competent medic, competent face, and a walking drug dispenser. Known across the UCAS for his wide range of medical supplements, blenders, and self-ironing clothes, he happily offers his services to anyone from street urchins, gangers, unwilling prisoners, wageslaves, and more!

And as always, if you die, you don't pay!

Any thoughts on potential tweaks or changes you lot like recommend? Given the size of the group, we always end up with some overlap, and I figured he could actually provide the group with a doc while also holding down Face duties. And yes, it is intentional that he has a fake medical license to his actual name. Which is pronounced Meur-da-fashay. Icelandic, y'know. Plan on likely having a random cocktail of drugs and toxins loaded in the dart pistol at any time, with at least one clip purely of Narcojet and another of Rocuronium.

>Street surgeon
>With Unsteady Hands and Phobia: Blood

Yeah, I found this problem earlier in the week. I'm currently staring at the code and crying, because I think I'm going to have to gut the way Essence loss works entirely to make it work. Turns out that since magic loss is only treated as a negative augmented bonus, driving it below 0 then buying it back up will throw off the calculation.
Oh boo, I thought I'd fixed that. Technically that's representative of a fairly huge issue, in that backing out of a bonus creation isn't preventing the addition of the whole series, but I know why it's doing it so it's easy to fix at least. God I miss low-hanging fruit like that.
According to the blame log I broke it, but I'm gonna blame the people who keep submitting out-of-date full XML files instead of just the custom and expecting me to integrate it. My bad, I'll have it fixed shortly.

Aight chummers.

Thoughts on this FBR infiltrator? Good/Bad/Ugly?

Thanks!

So, how's the ammo look so far, /srg/? If anyone could write the caliber description to perhaps be a bit more clear, that'd be great, as well.

You should probably be asking the gurps general.

Shit, you're probably right.

>Essence: 0.03

Bet you won't even RP that slightly, you filthy peasant pig.

Nope, big part of the character and characterization.

Just cause I didn't take a crippling social negative don't mean there's not a disconnect from humanity.

>FBR
What's the federal board of revenue got to do with infiltration?

Cheeky. But full body replacement.

>no cyberpsychosis
For shame.

trying to roleplay various essence levels in shadowrun is just as retarded as trying to roleplay alignments in D&D.
>I have a cyberarm! That means I can't related to humans that well anymore
fucking dumb as shit.

>* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)

This angers me.

>initiative: 9+1d6
>a regular human rolls 6+1d6.
>low health
You're fucked omae
first time someone fucks up and the alarm goes off you're going to be shot to pieces before you can even do anything

okay chummer

next thread I'll change it, just for you
Score: 1 (87% Positive)

Speaking of cyberware, I had a complaint that Cyber-Snob doesn't allow you to take betaware at chargen. That's one of the more... generous interpretations I've seen for that quality.

Not meant to be as a replacement for the street sam.

Not meant to go into combat without popping jazz.

Kek

Yeah, that interpretation takes some stupidity.

Anyways, t.hanks for the good work Chummer.
You are doing 13250 Pencils worth of good work

>Amy Veeres
Oh boy, what's that crazy tranny up to now

She posted something she weren't supposed to, deleted it and made a comment about how she dodged a bullet by deleting it, then she realized the archive exists.

I see. I'd say you over-specialized a little bit, to be honest. Do you really need 16 dice in sneaking?
Side note having disguise without having a bit in impersonation seems a bit of a waste

Mechanically, it's the difference between X social limit and X-1 social limit, and a nice shirt offsets the loss.

In setting, it's a chance at being a fucked up person, rather than passing a threshold where to much lost 'you' fucks you up in the brain.
With proper support, drugs, mental fortitude, 'right stuff', etc, it's not a sure thing, even at 0.01 essence.

Disguise came with the skill group and helps not be recognized with facial recognition -- or allows fooling facial recognition maglocks.

Also allows me to disguise the team face.

Does a run to steal shit from the ghostbusters sound like fun?

Also, should the main objective be stealing unlicensed nuclear accelerators, or stealing the ghost vault?

How about stealing all the revenue from their movie?
OH WAIT THERE IS NONE

rimshot.jpg

So I'm fairly new to things and had a bit of a weird idea for a character, and I'm wondering how viable it would be.
>Corporate middle management cubicle herder who thinks he's the Wolf of Wal Street but is actually closer to Bill Lumbergh from Office Space. He ended up on the wrong end of office politics and got fired, and is turning to Shadowrun as a last ditch effort to keep his house and his expensive novacoke habit. Face with a number of contacts and knowledge skills who went from a corner office to the shadows in under a month, and is still suffering massive culture shock.

Never steal from that troll woman. Never. She's got contacts, man. All over jackpoint.

wait, this is a thing?
like, an actual thing that somebody did?
I thought it was just like, cosplay.

Main objective- grab all the research on the 'Ghost Vault', determine if it's a ritual that traps spirits on this plane or something that sends them to another metaplane.

Bonus revenue for procuring examples of their tech, extracting any or all of the main scientists (the black guy can be left behind), or acquiring the formula for the free spirit 'Slimer'.

oh user you beautiful innocent child
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(2016_film)
imdb.com/title/tt1289401/reviews?ref_=tt_ql_3

Okay, now pretend that movie didn't happen, and tell me about ghostbuster shadowruns.