Pics of your characters

Everytime I roll a D&D (LotFP) character, I draw him/her with paint.

This here is a huntress called Olga Garlicke.

What kind of pictures do you like to use for your characters? Drawings, photos? Do you make your own stuff or pillage the net? Do you also wish you were a master painter so you could paint whatever you imagine on a canvas and use it as props for your game?

The white geisha-type is a sorceress known as Ming Lyu, the wizard is Bob and the Robocop is Galvin, a mercenary with a cop suit from the future.

I always draw the party

Yeah I love to have a big pic with all the characters, it's far easier to remember their names and stuff than with bland sheets, as far as I'm concerned at least.

This dude used to kick puppies and pick on children!

If I like a character enough and the game goes on for a while, I'll usually commission artwork.

Fantasy Craft can get weird.

That's pretty neat, also great idea but requires money to spend on tabletop.

Care to tell us a short story? or a long one

It only lasted a session unfortunately, but we fought a demon that someone had summoned in the city, destroying the entire tavern in the process. Then, the pirate player kills the frightened citizens stuck in the tavern, so that he could claim the demon did it and robbed their corpses. Guard didn't believe us.

I'm working on a drawing of the current party. This is what I have so far.

Same thing as this guy, although I tend to try out drawthreads for a week before commissioning something. I've gotten pretty lucky, although my group normally plays silly campaigns with silly characters, which is probably why they tend to get picked up by drawfriends.

Pic related. Fedora tipping "Paladin of enlightenment and reason" (Fighter), Cleric of Cuisine and Kobold warlock of "EVIL!!!!!"

I need that cleric in my life.

This is a work in progress of my current Barbarian

I've also had a weebish commission done of a character and their spouse and child.

I need that warlock in mine.

Gdamn. You have a deviantart or similar?

I draw those I play.
Though as a foreverDM, it doesnt happen often.

This is my Warlord archer and his cohort, a 'paladin' aasimar with brass skin.

I personally like to give descriptions and let myself and everyone else in the group imagine my characters, but I always want to see them masterfully depicted in illustration according to what I myself imagine. Unfortunately I am a poorfag, and Draw Threads both don't like what I request and are not mind-readers, so I had to pixel this one up myself. Oddly enough, this is the only art I've done of my character that's come out well.

Long story short, would kill to be able to art anything perfectly, or settle to have someone do that for me, but all I've got are MS Paint pixels.

My party on the last campaign I played
Also my first attemp at drawing sprites, I could do better

The basic idea of this is actually pretty awesome though. What did you make the stands with?

I always paint my own characters. It's half the fun when making them.

I'm a prick who likes to think he's cultured, so I steal the works of dead classical artists far more talented than me. My current Pathfinder character.

that's a neat idea. If I were to do that I'd probably pick something by Dmitri Belyukin. I love that guy's stuff.

One day a player of a game I GM surprised the group with a picture he had commissioned from a friend of his. Everyone loved it, and it really made me feel fantastic that the players had really liked my game enough to spend money on artwork.

Sweet, thanks for the artist drop. I just realized that I hadn't used given the source either. The painting is the Revolt of Cairo, by the French artist Girodet. Most paintings require cropping, but since you're focusing in on a single character, as long as you have a large enough base image of the painting to go off of and the character isn't horribly obscured/in the background it doesn't matter.

Another "portrait" I tried to make by cropping, from the same painting.

Portrait I got from a drawthread on this board.
Elemental(fire)-blooded halfling sorceress.
There's very few problems that can't be solved through liberal application of fire.

I made one, never used it. But a friend did end up making me an Instagram for my art. I'm not one for social media but I post every now and then.