CYOA General

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zC48ut6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know what, screw it; I'm going to post whatever I have done right now and have you guys criticize the shit out of it.

Give me your worst; I want to see some flaws pointed out!

I want to see autistic rage over something I did wrong.

So come on, /cyoag/; show me what you've got!

Images here are subject to change, and there are at least two more pages left for me to make. This should do for now, though.

Might as well give you the pdf version as well.

Sorry for going a bit overboard there.

Shamelessly reposting my cyoa because silly me thought it was fine to post it at post number 250

I only read the Lust parts, because that's the sin I always pick.

Fluidity II makes me very confused. It says that the changes are purely cosmetic, but it also says that you gain a bodybuilder's strength if you change into one.

Also could you explain how can horns be purely cosmetic? I can understand them not being optimal for stabbing shit, but they still should be able to do that. Does your tail just hang limply, because it's purely cosmetic?

It also makes me wonder what exactly can the base Fluidity do, because it doesn't mention any restrictions about you not gaining the benefits of your form.

box which isn't actually a box, both in form and content
I would have preferred to post it later, so it isn't the first response, but I'd guess most have already seen it, ruining the mystery.
Got like five responses. Kinda sad, but at least I only spent

I was actually thinking of reposting it myself in a bit if you didn't. I'll respond to it in full shortly, after I finish my game.

>first two pages are 3631 pixels wide
>three other pages are 1500
Pick one. Hint: Don't pick the 3631 pixels option. There's zero reason to it, except to double the file size and fuck up people who open images in other tabs.
gracias user, por favor. I am a dirty, dirty slut and I hate that I won't get as many replies because I was dumb enough to not wait for a new thread.

WARNING: not for the faint of penis

I'm sorry but I can't be bothered to play the 84487th magical realm waifu cyoa. Good job for making it though.

Hunk.

Mystery box that is a worthy pick. Thank you kind author

It's just not a very interactive CYOA, so it doesn't grab my personal attention.

I picked the box in the previous topic.

Is there a cyoa where I can be a cute pregnant girl?

Probably any CYOA where you can a cute girl.

The limit on Avaritia vs the other Chosen is shit.

There's literally a 'you're now a cute pregnant girl, pick your preggo perks' CYOA

I gave some feedback earlier. This is mostly an extension of the original Sins CYOA, and I wasn't a big fan of that. I think other Sin-based CYOAs are more fun and do a better job, which is sad, because this Sin CYOA offers more intrigue and competition than the others.

What. Where?

Help Haley become a guy again, mostly because that witch sounds like a dick.

It was posted in the thread earlier this year.

It got no builds.

Principality CYOA is almost done! Now I just have to find the strength of will to make the last bit, add explanations and descriptions before each panel and compile the whole thing together. If I pass my will check, it'll be ready in a few days.

If anyone even cares, of course.

>tfw you will never be the apprentice of a wandering sage who'll take you under his wing until his untimely death
>tfw you will never join the Heroes' Guild afterwards with the letter of recommendation he gave you prior to his death
>tfw you will never discover your mentor was actually a famous retired hero and he chose you as his successor
>tfw you will never be thrusted into a team of future heroes who both look up to you because of who your mentor was, and look down on you because of your humble origins
>tfw you will never slowly befriend them, prove your worth, and set out together to save the world
>tfw you can't stop having these cliched manbaby fantasies

Can we be cute russian girls?

Awesome. I can't wait to unite Russia under my glorious banner!

Nice, we know there is horde on the west, but is are there any NOTpoland?

What do you think? No, no waifus or being cute little girls in this one.

I remember this reply from a while back. Did you actually use the same exact words this time again?

NOTpoland is not there right now, but I have plans to add it in a DLC if this CYOA will be successful. Or even if it won't be successful.

>spoiler
Thank you.

Dlc and the rest of the pages all provided by based Acheld.

Well, I don't see anything wrong! Take THAT!

So anyway, I'll go through the options now.

Actually first, the premise. Apparently you assume I've fantasized about going to a low-fantasy world. In short, I don't. The reasons mostly revolve around a lack of things like indoor plumbing and entertainment. If a CYOA is going to be low-fantasy there had better be a strong reward for going into it.

So anyway, to the options.

>Michel
When I started reading this this one I was under the impression that she was confusing form with identity. It's a fairly easy thing to work out, who you are and what you look like should be completely separate things. As a shapeshifter she can express herself in her form, but that doesn't change the self.

The acting thing, that's a little different. Wear the mask too much and become the mask. It's definitely a hard thing to deal with. I could definitely be one she could trust, but I don't really know if she will trust me, or how that could really get through.

>Megan
So why can't she see that there are other heroes to take up the slack? If they aren't really visible to her I don't know how I would have any luck convincing her of it myself, and I'm not entirely sure I could agree with it either. I certainly don't have the skills to become a hero myself either, so I doubt I could really help her like she needs. Bad choice for me, would be a lot better if the CYOA offered some kind of powers to go with it.

Shit, forgot to take the cosmetic part out. Was part of earlier draft, my bad.

The first two where made to be the same size as the virtue cyoa image, but I'll see about shrinking it.

How exactly Can you use Avaritia to harm the other chosen?

>Haylee
I've been arguing about this one in the other thread. It's a major change in her life. Like many life changing events she didn't get a choice, but she needs to face it head on anyway. Trying to hide from a change or to undo it is never healthy and usually doesn't end well.

The important thing for her to remember is that WHO she is and WHAT she is are two completely separate things.

On the one hand this one is right up my ally, on the other I'm probably TOO interested and might creep her out. Not to mention I'm a little jealous of what she gets to experience in the process, good or bad.

>Chloe
I definitely share her problem of not being able to finish things. I don't know if I have it in me to really help her through it though. I do know that the first step is to literally finish her next project. She starts, I finish, then the next time maybe we just work together on it from the start. Then maybe I convince her to do something more useful the third time instead of whatever dumb idea (that even she knows is dumb) she has and basically have her work on something with me instead.

I know WHAT to do, I just don't think I'd be able to really do it.

>Shellie
So basically this one doesn't require me to do anything at all. Just be her friend really, dating optional. Easy choice I think. I don't even really LIKE slime(girl)s in general but it's not like I hate them or anything, so I think it will work out fine.

>Azel
Remember how I said I didn't like living in low-fantasy to start with? There's no way in hell I'm picking Azel. That's not a vacation for me, it's purgatory.

>Well, I don't see anything wrong!
Well, I saw something wrong with two of the companions images, specifically the two new ones. so Take THAT!

Yes, I did. I have a vested interest in getting Putin out of the closet.

>how Avaritia

Get into contact with mercenaries and the financial underworld to put a bounty on their heads.

TLDR I'm picking Shellie.

Her task basically boils down to "accept her for what she is and make sure she doesn't have to be alone anymore". Not to downplay just how important and helpful that is, I just think it's easy for me.

E is go.

Your opinion on Haylee is tainted by your blatant fetishism. No, the correct response to being turned into a girl against your will is not to accept it. The correct response is to set out against the one who cursed you, convince them to uncurse you and/or die torture them to death, potentially dying in an attempt to do so.

You have a terrible defeatist attitude.

Aren't mercenaries illegal? And can't Avaritia only give you legal financial information? And doesn't that make hiring mercenaries require your own mind and money?

If she can get changed back fine, but your attitude is like the guy who will die trying to bring a loved one back to life. It's not right and it's not healthy for anyone.

Depends on where you live. Either way a blanket ban on using Avaritia against other Chosen is just silly. Other Chosen shouldn't be exempted from the effects of my financial investments. Hell, any Chosen could argue that any detrimental effect my actions have on the economy is a breach of the rules since they'd suffer financial losses, albeit small ones, from that.

He can be changed back so you argument is null and void. There's no point in spending time with him trying to get him to accept that cursed body when some insane witch is out there who needs to be put down.

Don't suppose Pride gets a choice despite having no companion?

That witch may as well be God as far as the two of you are concerned. Going after her yourself will only make things worse, guaranteed.

I don't give a fuck. I'd personally sell my angelic soul to the devil if it means I could punish that witch and restore Haylee. Changing someone's gender against their will is such a vile, cruel crime. Fuck, I've lost a friend to gender dysphoria already. That author is a piece of shit for pretending Haylee's life is not ruined.

I liked reading your logic. notBerri! / not!Berri is ez-mode.
Honestly, after finishing the cyoa, I realized all the tasks can be boiled down to "be their friend and accept them / make them chill the fuck out"
I do like the idea of going on an epic quest to kill a mean son-of-a-bitch, but personally I'd help him learn to live with it. >inb4 it's my fetish, no. I don't see why you'd be attracted to that, unless you're of the belief that "guy turned into a girl = instant slut"

F

Go on, do it. I dare you.

Her life isn't ruined unless she ruins it herself. Defining ones identity based on something like gender is nothing short of insanity. You lost a friend to it you said? Your friend was literally crazy then.

For someone who is literally crazy, simply telling them to get over it probably isn't going to work. For someone who is otherwise mentally healthy and gets stuck in the reverse situation (ie their body changes, compared to them mentally deciding that their body was wrong to start with), adapting and "getting over it", even being happy with themself afterward, is very much a possibility.

>I don't like this thing! Fuck the author!
>Haylee's life is ruined! RUINED!
It's literally just a game
Are cyoas going to have to be censored now so they don't trigger people?

Here's the latest version of this, with the descriptions for the Fivefold House expanded based on feedback. Nothing else is changed.

Wow, I don't know if being a girl is worth becoming american. This is tough.

Though the image of a little girl working as a helicopter sniper is pretty funny.

10,000B.C and somewhere near approximate East coast of China, then work my way west slowly. Hoping to catch Jesus and stop him from doing his shit by warning about the cult that would grow up around him.
Appearance: I like how I look, but I will fix my teeth and lung problems, maybe a add another inch or two. Then just the normal Veeky Forums overhaul.
Mysterious Stranger
Mental Upgrades: Genius level 2, Memory of the Ages level 1, Wellspring of Harmony, Polygot, Economist, Map Maker.
Physical Upgrades: Strength and Speed level 2, Reflexes and Reaction level 2, Impervious level 3, Non-Reactor, Regeneration level 2, Endurance level 2, Super Senses level 1, Temperature control level 1, Diet level 2, Iron Gut.
Minor Gifts: Born in Water, Flight level 2, Mage Eye.
Supernatural Gifts: Major Telepathy for me and Minor Telepathy for others, Blessed One Major, Master of Motion Major and I can teach Minor to others and fulfil the Sorcerer Supreme Quest. Part 1 of build done.

Haylee brain is rewired now, old boy is gone, it's really a girl now

And here's the newly completed second page. I'm not sure about the format, it took fucking ages to make and is still pretty autistic.

Here's the full text, including stuff that's not in images yet:
pastebin.com/zC48ut6s

Feedback is welcome, especially feedback on the design of the latest page, and the content for stuff not yet in pages.

You got a problem with FREEDOM MOTHERFUCKER?

You have to be incredibly dense fetishist or played far too many cyoas, to think your life wouldn't be ruined if you were suddenly stuck into a female body. You'd be a transexual except you would've had your actual body stolen from you. That's reason enough to do everything in your power to put the witch to justice.

Do whatever you wish, I will personally do everything in my power to save Haylee up to selling my soul to the devil.

add differently colored border to the lines, it's easy to miss what goes where

Go away, dumb frogposter.

Or maybe, just maybe, I don't believe in gender identity, full stop. There is no such thing. There are only crazies so shallow they pin their being on something meaningless rather then finding their true self.

>20th place on the democracy index
>14th place on the economic freedom index
No, but america does :^)

Alright, I'll consider altering it. Though now I must ask, where are mercenaries legal?

No, Pride does not get one of these options.

That user is exaggerating, but there still is a severe crime inflicted on a person. His right to his own body has been violated and with the other effects of the curse, parts of his life has been rewritten.

Replace the sex change with a robbery and you see how stupid "get over it" is. You should at least try to undo the damage and put the criminal to justice.

If that fails, he will have to learn to live with it, but you can't just tell every victim to become a doormatt.

A bit of moderation would be nice from everyone here, extremes hardly work out in life.

No, Haylee has two X chromosomes, so beside memories she's normal girl. Simply cleaning her memories would fix everything

I feel like the problem is mostly just that it's too complicated, but I suppose that's worth a try.

20th and 14th out of how many countries?

You are absolutely right. What was done is wrong in the same way the witches physically just castrating him would have been. If she can undo it (and wants to), she should. If someone can "bring them to justice" it should be done.

What she shouldn't do though is dedicate her life to that to a suicidal degree. Nor should she give up any possibility of being happy with herself in the meantime just on the hope she can go back to how things were instead.

And a bullet to the face works great against headache. Still a stupid idea.

I never said that. I said you were overreacting, and you are. This was a GAME
It's not real, user. Haylee doesn't exist.
I could have just forgone that and called you tumblr.

You're right, I might be exaggerating but it's ridiculous that the angel's suggestion is to literally have him accept his fate. Gives a terrible impression of angels/God/whatever: "Huh, a witch fucked over a mortal? No problem, go help him out. Let's make him accept his fate and completely submit to that witch's will... d-don't anger the witch though! She m-might KILL you!!!"

167 and 119

Huh, not that bad.

>He thinks this shit isn't biased

I will always release her from captivity. I have no interest in any of the other tears. If she cries tears of joy then so be it, and if she doesn't I'm fine with that too. I won't torture her either way.

Yes, that is complicated. If you could push different things more apart. Group everything related in one place. For example Mechanics goes way down to Robotics that doesn't have any other requisites, they could be right next to each other

>that doesn't have any other requisites
Oops. It was supposed to require AI.

>he thinks memes are less biased

I realize now that it's ridiculous to have more than one Reaperwitch. Update.
>what's changed?
There's only one Reaperwitch

You could spin it as a test on both your dedication and wisdom. Dedication by not going the easy way and wisdom by seeing when the hunt does more harm than the target will do good.

I'm the opposite, I'll capture her and keep using inventive ways to make her cry all of the tears. More tears, more life, more power. Hell, I might even be godlike in power by the end of this.

I wonder If I can go searching for a second mermaid to torment.

Any tears except joy aren't worth the godamn trouble.

Bit boring desu.

What are you on? The cyoa itself states the easy way is to get him to accept the curse. Dedication would be saving him, and defeating the Reaperwitch would be a true test of your abilities.

I'll help Haylee by taking a third option: Giving him a quick and painless death when he doesn't suspect it. Then the powers that be in heaven can switch him back.

Okay, then put electronics, Ai and robotics where smithing or weapons boxes are. Since it's close to Mathematics and Mechanics. Or even better. Push Chemistry and biology down, pull physics, electronics up to Mathematics

That CYOA is basically "Are you an asshole Y/N?"

>Superhuman Steroids, Extended life, and emotional manipulation are not worth the trouble.
>Same with pyrokinesis, telekinesis, and telepathy.

Are you sure?