pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/9fKDpL7A
pastebin.com/DrAZcs8U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just do it the way you're already doing it for distinctions.

Also see

The Gamer Chain-
Concept-Overlord Native-Chain, a Gamer like Ainz who got sucked into the New World. Built the way I would build a character for an MMO, Minions and Buffs for Minions.
Has a Gamer mind-set for most of the chain, trying to exploit anything he can, and to get more Minions and Buffs.

Companions- Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, Mooks

---------------------
Heaven's Lost Property- What is this? I've never heard of this before.
0/1600
Rolled for 19
Drop-in
Free Unique Data Signature
Free An Eerie Feeling
Discount Favor of Heaven
Discount Falling Down
Tripping on The Red String(Don't judge me)
The Stairway to Heaven
Tools of Daedalus- I can make New Minions! Angel-like Minions!
Free School Uniform

A Clockwork Jumper+200- They took my Minions? THOSE FUCKERS TOOK MY MINIONS FROM ME! God damn it Gnarl, you can't be happy being an old man! You're Gnarl! And Forsetti, you're my Loyal Bodyguard!
Sakurai Why+200- An older woman has been rifling through my underware drawers. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
Glitch+100
Welcome To The New World Club!+100
---------------------

Drugs. I want to make the most amazing drugs. Magical drugs are ok too. What jump?

Does anyone have the Independence Day jump? I don't see i on the drive.

Commoragh.

Actual fitness does not take several hours a day. Nor does learning a skill. If you are spend hours a day lifting weight and shit, all you are doing is destroying your body.

Do it effectively for 20 min a day, get the micro tears in your muscles. You body does the rest building your muscle mass while you do other things.

Leave last threads shitposting in the old thread.

No, it doesn't, and that's not what he said. But it does take several months/years to become fit depending on what you're looking for.

pastebin.com/9fKDpL7A

Current WIP for Boktai. Arsenal is about halfway done.

It's two threads ago

I can't find it. Could you link me to it?

>For my money Sword and Sorcery has the best Drop In tree in jumpchain. It's perfect for the jump and its amazing to use in other jumps.
Drop in does have a lot of good stuff. But all the other origins have things I want as well. I guess that is the sign of a well designed jump.

Rain of Steel (5x reflexes) is basically a minor - mid tier super power, and great if you have other combat abilities from other jumps.

>It's vague as shit, man. You can't use that shit without looking like a powerwanking asshole, no matter what you pretend it does, the descriptions are so vague.
Not really. The only thing you might say is vague is the Magic System, and if you actually read all the Sorcerer Discounted Perks and Items, it basically spells out how the magic works.

I have no problem understanding how it works for my jump, and since Jumpchain is single player, you not having a clue how it works does not interfere with my jump.

If you still have questions, I can try to answer them.

Rain of Steel is better than just 5x reflexes, it's 5x attack speed without any diminishing strength or skill and anti-army combat capabilities. That's fantastic for low fantasy, and useful for any other Jump where you use melee attacks.

Seconding this. It's one of the very few jumps were i want basically everything. I had a really hard time even choosing an origin, let alone perks or items.

The only complaint i have is that it's lacking an affordable way to import 8 companions. You either have to import them one by one for 100cp each or you can buy the 20 man band, but that's it.

>If you still have questions, I can try to answer them.

Why would I ask you?

You wouldn't know anything I don't already, and what I know is that there are know qualifying or quantifying descriptors, listed feats, or comparative examples to work off of and I need rulings at the very least to know anything about where the limits lay.

It doesn't matter if I know that I can summon monsters if I don't understand what that means in functional terms, what it can't do, and how powerful what it can do is.

This is why OC is generally frowned at in /jc/, because stuff like this happens, where I can't know anything about what I'm capable of doing because I have no canon to look at to clarify what these perks are supposed to do.

>and that's not what he said.
>But then you didn't spend ten years working out and getting in shape for free Body Mod shit.
He seems to think that in ten years you cannot both train your body and learn electronics and Poke science.

Which seems to indicate quite a bit of ignorance about how you keep yourself in shape and how you learn.

I this case, have an exercise routine you keep to everyday. Memorize all textbooks/internet info you get on the settings tech with the Savant Perk so it is available in your head. And convince a Professor to take you as an apprentice/assistant to help you integrate that info/raw data into actual skill.

And keep honing your Aura and Psionics during off time and whenever possible during work, for example using telekinesis in place of tools for fine detail work on electronic components.

Neat.

I'd say "where the fuck's your free time."

Updated my Build for overlord

pastebin.com/DrAZcs8U

I say Drop-in, because The Heart of Man and Map to Lost Glories are the best things you can buy in the Jump, especially with To Live Truly and Lost and Forgotten, respectively.

>It's one of the very few jumps were I want basically everything.
I find this honestly hard to believe since I'm the total opposite; there's basically nothing I'm interested in besides a few very specific options that are too vague to use at all for anything, or the Band, which is basically the only thing I think is really worth anything to me in the entire jump.

And yet everyone else does. Is it possible that this jump just isn't for you, and your complaining about it is pointless?

Except, it's a legitimate issue? You can't just dismiss criticism on the basis that you like it anyway despite the demonstrable flaws.

So, uh.

Cosmo's chain just came to a sudden, abrupt end. Remember Ribbon, from last thread? She didn't turn against me or anything - I follow the thread's advice and treated her like a younger sibling instead of a weapon.

All was going well until she wanted to play catch.

Guess what she used for the ball and threw too quickly for me to activate the power loop I used to max out Mantra.

>If you still have questions, I can try to answer them.

How powerful are the gods in that setting? Would I be able to fight then?

We can, actually, so shit up about it. The jump is perfect and doesn't need any clarification.

If you get a perk for free, for being a specific species, do you get to use it when you're NOT that species? Like, if you're a Martian, in the Young Justice jump, can you still use Telepathy, Telekinesis, and Shapeshifting, when you're a human? Or do you have to grab something like "This Is, In Fact, My Final Form," from Sword Art Online?

>If you get a perk for free, for being a specific species, do you get to use it when you're NOT that species? Like, if you're a Martian, in the Young Justice jump, can you still use Telepathy, Telekinesis, and Shapeshifting, when you're a human? Or do you have to grab something like "This Is, In Fact, My Final Form," from Sword Art Online?

this is what is known as the air Breathing mermaids problem,and the general answer is fanwank something.

Is this the product of a bad roll or something, or did you just decide to end your chain and thos wuld have been the result no matter what advice we gave, and you needed an excuse?

Your criticism is "I don't like vagueness". This is a subjective issue. Everyone else is fine with it.

The dice are fickle.

The latter, according to YJ_user. Martian powers are accessible only in Martian Form, but that perk should be able to bypass it.

This is only for Young Justice, though; other forms have different rules.

It's still a problem though.

>Guess what she used for the ball
The moon?

Eh. Fuck it. I was planning on going to SAO, anyway. Just wanted to check.

Perks transcend form. Except that specific example that you gave, where form transcends perks, for some stupid reason.

Banner told you, bro.

Banner advised this was a bad decision, bro.

THEY TOLD YOU SO, BRO.

Your free time to do what, exactly? Lie on the couch and watch tv? Sit around doing similar stuff?

Some people actually do enjoy sports. Or learning new things.
Seriously, if i had the chance to learn something like aura or psionics i sure wouldn't view practice as a chore.
That's what i went for in the end, mostly because it's very unique. But it was a close thing, because all the trees are great.

Bingo.

I want to say I didn't have this coming to me.

But that would be a lie.

Something something Jumper hubris.

>Rain of Steel is better than just 5x reflexes
By reflexes I mean all in place movement. Running/Movement and agility seem to be in the Thief's Tree. But it works for speed with a bow and arrow, dodging, sniping with a gun, and getting the fuck out of the enemies attach arc. That you can do 5 strikes at full power is also a force multiplier. I called it a super power for a reason. A actual Heroic Conan Expy is basically better Captain America tier by a bit.

>The only complaint i have is that it's lacking an affordable way to import 8 companions
I do like the group import myself, yes. My favorite is 50 CP/import, imports get twice the total CP spend on option.

>It doesn't matter if I know that I can summon monsters if I don't understand what that means in functional terms, what it can't do, and how powerful what it can do is.
You can summon monsters, an army of them even, but none of them will be invincible one on one.Think Deep Spawn and not Cthulhu. You could have some Strong/Durable but slow, or Fast and Stealthy but squishy as a normal person. You can have both, but they will have other weakness and limitations. Their strength is in numbers, and that most people in a S&S setting don't have high CP Perk level abilities.

If you want to summon something really strong with no weaknesses, it will take a lot of set up and mojo, and the signs will be noticed by others, who will try to stop you, because they do not want the creepy neighbors to have a pet Eldritch Horror the size of city hall at their beck and call. Because of bad experiences in the past. So, you will either need to diplomance them or have an army of lesser beasties first.

No it isn't, fuck off. The jump is perfect and any change could only make it worse. No criticism is valid, anything bad you can say about it is shitposting, clarification for what the perks actually do would degrade its quality.

But seriously, the wanking over this jump is kinda annoying, considering it's worse for clarity than Worm is and how resistant people are to fixing the problem.

>I do like the group import myself, yes. My favorite is 50 CP/import, imports get twice the total CP spend on option.
That's a pretty good one, but i'd be content with any full-team-import option that didn't cost more than 400-500cp at most, where all my companions can get at least 300-500cp worth of abilities.

Why are you acting like an authority on a jump you didn't make? You aren't Worm.

>Your free time to do what, exactly?
...Pokemon stuff? I mean. You're there anyway...

Though I agree with most of your point (I wouldn't count 'training' psionics as anything like a chore either), I do feel you're going a little far in it.

>I'd say "where the fuck's your free time."
>Seriously, if i had the chance to learn something like aura or psionics i sure wouldn't view practice as a chore.
Yup! This is my first jump. None of this has gotten old yet. I am learning SUPER POWERS. Why would I be passing that up? And yes, I would consider Pokescience a super power.
I would also be making one of my 6 a ditto, to breed my organic super weapons in case I die and get sent home.

Because it would SUCK to die on the first jump, so I would be milking it for everything I could.

These are the kind of people who think Sword and Sorcery is a great jump; the same kind who'll make up their own rulings for jumps they didn't make.

Wait until Worm shows up and ask him, there's no point in arguing with the thread over this.

>I don't like vagueness
>I don't like fetish bullshit
>I don't like horribly imbalanced garbage
>I don't like hardcaps on my abilities
>I don't like this shitty formatting

I guess since it's all subjective, none of the above matter either, then.

Well, "pokemon stuff" can mean a lot of things. Learning Pokescience is one of them. Or you could just do it as a hobby, reading about it in the evenings when you're camping with your team in the wilderness after a day of training.

If you want to go for the champion circuit, more power to you.
You can combine that with psionics and aura training too, just get a pokemon of the relevant ability (like a Gardevoir and a Lucario) and you can train your pokemon and yourself at the same time.

There's also what said. This is all new. A new world. Entire new species that the entire world evolves around. Brand new things to learn, to explore, to discover. Also superpowers. Because superpowers.

I think i'd barely manage to spend time sleeping for the first year or even longer because there's so much cool stuff to do.

If the thread likes it anyway...

You've got that strawman on he the ropes! Hit him again!

Well I think we've established the thread's sense of taste is garbage if S&S is well liked.

>If you get a perk for free, for being a specific species, do you get to use it when you're NOT that species?
>this is what is known as the air Breathing mermaids problem
Air Breathing Mermaids are Evil, yes.

What is important is to be consistent.
I assume as you enter more and more new realities you become more and more hyperdimensional, layered upon yourself over and over like a smith folds a katana over and over. YOU are all of those dimensional layers at once. The Alt form is what the outermost observable layer is. But you are all of your self, not just the outer layer of an onion.

So depending on your jump, you might be all blood types at once, and have how many different DNA profiles. The Alt Form is for what external scans show at that particular moment in time.

Is going on an adventure in the pokemon jump likely to end your chain right out of the gate? I mean you are running around in a world full of powerful supernatural animals that attack you if you walk through tall grass. . .

The entire population bases a fucking economy around Pokémon Adventures.

You'll be fiiiiiiine.

You have your own monsters. Good luck.

Unlikely, seeing how people send their kids out to do exactly that.

There's probably stuff like how to act around wild pokemon, what to do and what to avoid and so on that kids in that world learn at school, so you'll probably want to take a non drop-in origin.
You also get your own pokemon to protect yourself, and possibly pokemon-equivalent superpowers.
I mean, it's probably not 100% safe. But you should be in no more danger than you'd be in a modern city unless you're being stupid, just a different kind of danger.

Remember that this is a Pokemon Jump. You've got ten years of trying to catch 'em all, or at least your ideal team, become a champion of as many leagues as you can, become a master Pokemon Coordinator, and all kinds of other things. An Olympic workout regimen and a doctorate in electronics take a lot of time which you could be using to have adventures.

If you get a perk by being a species, you get that perk permanently unless the Jump or Jumpmaker says otherwise. If you get abilities by being a species, you only get them in that alt-form.

He literally fucking said that 'I don't like vagueness' is a subjective problem, and the only thing that matters is if the thread at large is in an uproar over it.

My point is that there are a lot of things that the thread has issues with that are only 'subjective problems' in the same fashion that 'I don't like vagueness' is, as in real legitimate problems with jump design that can't just be dismissed by saying 'it's a subjective problem' like if people didn't give a shit it would't be a problem anymore.

Ten year olds do this shit. Hell, they run around with teams of all magikarps or weedles or ratatas. They do just fine. Unless you're dumb enough to take that 300 CP drawback that makes a Legendary hunt you down, then run like the bitch you are because God has no mercy left for you.

What's your hair color, jumpers?

I don't see why you'd NEED to become a champion. I mean, you can if you want, but this isn't the games.
And if you know what pokemon you want you should be able to catch them reasonably fast, like a few months or the first year unless they're rare.

And as i said, a lot of your personal training can take place at the same time as the training of your pokemon. I'd imagine it would do wonders for team bonding.

Right, this is probably not going to be done anytime soon, but am I missing anything?

Fuck off shitposter. Worm isn't even here, your shitposting will not reach him/

Adding to you also don't need to go for a doctorate. You don't have to spend years sitting in lectures and passing tests.
You can learn that stuff on your own, and assuming you take Savant you should learn reasonably fast.
Then you just spend a few years at the end to get some practical experience.

Except you're confusing subjective and objective. "X perk feels more powerful than Y perk" is subjective. "Tree X offers mundane skills and Tree Y offers world-bending superpowers" is objective. "This setting has too much fanservice" is subjective. "This setting requires you to commit lewd acts to use any of your powers" is objective.

Is there anyone here that even knows enough about this setting to tell?

Silvery-grey.
Think "distinguished older gentleman"

Black with green highlights, most often. Sometimes I go with other stuff though.

Like the constantly shifting psychedelic rainbow hair. That gets some funny looks.

Starting a chain out of boredom.

Jump #1: Sword and Sorcery

The Land of Steel
Male
Warrior - 50

To Truly Live - 100
A Well Travelled Road - 100
Born to be Mighty - 0
The Will to Live - 50
Strength and Steel - 150
A Cry of Thunder - 150
Rain of Steel - 300
By Might Divine - 300
Grandeur and Allure - 400

A Mighty Blade - 0

Tattered Veil + 300
The Nail That Sticks Up + 200
A Selfish World + 100

Living apocalypses are routinely defeated and enslaved by 10 year olds with the power of friendship.

Hell, in the darkest continuity, with actual murder and shit, a little girl got away with literally kicking God in the face.

Except you're playing a game of sophistry here, because in all regards, those things are subjective problems in the same way 'I don't like vagueness' is.

You can also observe in absolute terms that the perks in Sword and Sorcery are fucking vague as shit, but you don't recognize that when you moved the goal posts because it wasn't convenient to you.

You can see in absolute terms that those things are present, but that isn't what we're arguing about and you know it, we're arguing about whether or not these things are problems, which they all are.

Denner resin, maybe? Because who doesn't want fantasy heroin? But no, seriously, looks good.

which continuity is that, X/Y?

Warrior is missing a Capstone? Also, from the looks of those perks, some seem less valuable than others in the same tree or relative to other perks in other trees of the same pricing.

>permanent death for companions
You might want to consider removing that. I mean, stuff like that tends to not go over well, even if it's part of an optional drawback.
Just my opinion though.

Probably one of the manga continuities, I'd bet.

Wait, what? I didn't notice that at first, no, that's a legitimate problem.

It's the Skindancer drawback, 300cp, that has that.

Why not?
Whoops, Immaculate white is meant to serve that purpose.
That's kinda the point of that drawback.

Bodymod

Heavy
Athlete - 100

Strength 2 - 100
Speed 4 - 100
Endurance 4 - 200
Dexterity - 0

Metavore - 100

>pic related
No idea what the actual context is.

>permanent companion death
>for 300

Gonna have to disagree.

>That's kinda the point of that drawback.
For 300cp?

>That's kinda the point of that drawback.
If you want to keep it, I'd advice making it only for the jump. Bringing them back for the next.

Otherwise... it's probably not worth the flak you're gonna get.

As long as it's an optional drawback i don't see a problem with it.
There's a lot of jumps with "no way in hell" drawbacks. This would just be another, though i'm pretty sure there's people callous enough to take it for more power.
Though 300cp is a bit on the low side for that.

Is there an updated WIP of the nWoD Werewolf jump somewhere?

>How powerful are the gods in that setting? Would I be able to fight then?
All gods can die. Gods in a S&S setting are more like jobs or political positions than Ascendant States of being.

This does not necessarily mean you should or could just stab them. You probably want to find all you can about them for weaknesses to exploit, and come at them sideways.

Divine power is not really natural in the setting, and cannot abide there indefinitely. That means that Gods that have been in the world for an extended time can be expected to have feet of clay, and weakness you can exploit. These gods will be like greek gods, and no more powerful then a powerful Sorcerer or Warrior King. They are also more likely to have a supernatural defense that is the reason they have withstood the ages, or good enough PR that no one has dared to try over the years.

For Gods newly summoned into the world, it is another matter. The mundanity of the world has not had time to grind down their supernal nature. The best way to defeat them is to kill their priests before they can ever be brought into the world. And if they are trying to come into the world, you will know, in the prophesies of madmen, and the entrails of carrion, the ill wind and that which comes forth out of it's proffer season.

If you fail to stop it coming forth, pray you dispatch it before it can come into it's full power in this world. Because the bones of greater ages than the one you now live in have been put to rest by the advent of a god such as this. All hope is not yet lost, but you will need more than Unyielding Will and a Sword of Steel to over come a god such as this.

>some little bitch kicked God in the face and presumably got away with it
POKEMON

Then it sure as hell isn't worth 300 CP.
To be honest, I legitimately don't think anything would be worth permanent companion death.

What price would you suggest? Do note that you can keep them from being possessed or exorcise them without killing them, though it is difficult.

Vampire the Requiem gets away with it, as does Devil Survivor.

So, I started this Jumpchian by become heaps smarter and better at a ton of subjects whilst also become a proficient engineer and public speaker, dear me. The R&D decision often bemoan the fact that large swaths of my time are taken up with being the best person in the R&D to explain shit to the Board. All around this is a cool and thankfully I survive by being a back lines guy who often can be found working with a serious enphasis on overkill, being of the mindset that there is no such thing only 'Open Fire!' and 'Open Fire with the other Big Guns whilst we Reload the First set!'.

So, where to next /JC?

===
Body Mod:
CP: 600
Build: Medium
Body Type: Athlete [-100]
Stats:
Strength 0
Endurance 2 [-100]
Speed 2 [Free]
Dexterity 4 [-100]
Appeal 0
Shape 0 [-0]
Sense 4 [-200]
Perks:
Flexibility 1 [Free]
Metavore [-100]
===

Jumps get away with a lot of stupid shit. Would you rather people in the thread bitch about those jumps as well?

Devil Survivor isn't permanent. DSAnon said they respawn after the jump is over, they're just dead for the jump. Considering it lasts about a week, or 8 days if you take that one drawback, that's not surprising.
Vampire, on the other hand, that I don't know about.

Nobody takes it though, and for good reason. Companions respawning is basically priceless, not to mention the value of companions themselves.

How about Tenchi?

Why are you still making rulings over a jump you didn't make?

Here's the actual drawback. Note that it's worth 3x as much.

Dark Fate (+900cp) - You are doomed to experience Final Death. You can-not avoid this terrible fate. At some point during the Jump, your Dark Fate will come upon you. However if you sacrifice one your companions you can avoid your Dark Fate. They will suffer in your stead. When this happens, nothing you can do will save them and you’ll have to watch. There’s no way to cheat the system, it must be a genuine companion. They’ll be gone forever, and you’ll have to live with that memory.

The Devil Survivor one is only for the jump, as I suggested to Ninjanon.

VtR... I feel it's weird in terms of drawbacks anyway, and will note that it's a cap-breaking +900cp drawback, that only goes for a single companion of your choice.

Sure, that place has a Slice of Life option, right?