Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

FUCKING DRAGONS edition. What kind of dragon is your favorite? Any fun battles against one?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest is now over, thanks for playing!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/19mnwMU_YslGOhDOg6TUbUFnGu8q5-NWHInQS4s6B0M4/edit?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1
docs.google.com/document/d/1D48HgJak98GEWM_CbTCKk_vhhv0qOPGADF2iC_jvsf0/edit?pref=2&pli=1
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/kami/kami-shikigami)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Emerald Dragons! I like the fluff, I like sonic breath, and honestly I'm just a giant slut for green gems. They're 3.5, though.

What's wrong with talking about builds like 2hu does again?

Oh, that's right, they're all autistic RAW builds.

2hu's shitposts aren't with "actual game builds."

They're rules-bending RAW bullshit that nobody would ever allow at a table.

Exhibit A: Exhibit B: Exhibit C: Exhibit D: See what they all have in common? Autistic RAW bullshit.

Would ANY GM ever allow this min-maxy shit at their table? No. That's why posting them is useless, they're just wastes of space that make the thread harder to read for everyone else.

NO, FUCKING STOP ALREADY. HOLY FUCKING CHRIST WHY DO YOU FUCKERS KEEP POSTING NEW GENERALS WHEN WE'RE ON PAGE THREE. WHEN SOMEONE ALREADY POSTED ONE. FUCK.

I like 3.5's gem dragons more than basically all the others, too.

Coppers! They are the coolest and nicest. Bronze are also rad because adventures on the high sea are rad and they should still have dragons in them.

Quoted for truth, Forrest.

You're banning it. 2hu doesn't and goes lalalalala it's RAW you should allow it. That's why he's a shitter.

We need to get 2hu banned from /pfg/.

White dragons are pretty cool, I hear.

HERE ANONS WE HAVE A BATTLE OF HOMEBREW INITIATOR KINETICISTS

ARE YOU READY TO RUUUUMBLE

docs.google.com/document/d/19mnwMU_YslGOhDOg6TUbUFnGu8q5-NWHInQS4s6B0M4/edit?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1

docs.google.com/document/d/1D48HgJak98GEWM_CbTCKk_vhhv0qOPGADF2iC_jvsf0/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Aren't White Dragons all huge assholes? Like even by Chromatic standards.

So, /pfg/! How did your weekend go? Did you have a nice session, or do anything else fun?

I've always had a bit of a fondness for magma dragons, myself. I think it's mostly because of a way fun battle with one my players had the first time I ran PF. The 30 Str paladin managed to land a grappling hook on it and yank it out of the air where the rest of the team could hit it.

All dragons are cats, white dragons are the cats that attack you for no reason.

2hu ruined my weekend because I was trying to enjoy /pfg/. Then he came in with autistic RAW builds here.

Exhibit A: Exhibit B: Exhibit C: Exhibit D: And I couldn't enjoy my weekend because of all these bullshit walls of text.

Tomorrow I'm beginning running a week long marathon game.

Report this faggot and report 2hu. Just fucking end it.

You need a break from /pfg/

Oh? Do tell.

I'M READY TO RUUUUUUMBLEEEEE
Forrest good luck on this contest, I'm rooting for ya.

Can someone summon character art user to end one of these threads?

>report 2hu

I don't care if I get banned as long as 2hu's gone forever. He's a fucking menace to Veeky Forums.

I kinda like both. Are any compatible with the other?

Mostly doing prep work for games this week in between playing Starbound. Its fun enough, though not Pathfinder-related.

Take a break from Veeky Forums, dude.

A nice long one. Maybe forever.

We ALSO need automatic permaban on anyone saying "2hu" to get rid of you and other shitposters.

I've sent out a call to /cofd/ general. Maybe they can help us against the 2hu menace.

Reminder that the #pfg IRC on Rizon is a bastion of excellence and sanity in these trying times.

Joined a PTU game that looks like it should be fun, had another session of Garethloft which has been pretty good. Mostly still just atmosphere building and getting an understanding of the setting, but we've been introduced to a bunch of the major players in the conflict and gotten ourselves involved in the mess, so things should start ramping up soon.

Though we'll be starting our next session... AT THE LIBRARY!

>Starbound

My compatriot of African descent.

Threadly reminder to filter the string "2hu" from comments.

>Slashing damage Elemental Flux
>Gravity Flux deals AoE of bludgeoning
I didn't know I needed this but it's kinda great

What are you talking about? It's a hug box where everyone jacks each other off. It's shit in a different way.

I like the Roil Dancer a little bit better, since it's tighter focus gives it a bit more identity than the War Channeler's "I'm a kineticist that can stick strikes onto my blasts" shtick. The War Channeler's still good, but it just feels a bit more generic in its presentation. Props, though, for including a list of compatible archetypes right at the beginning, though. It's terrible for backwards compatibility, but it's still a useful thing to be able to look at in the here and now.

Let me guess, you're not allowed in anymore?

I can get in just fine.

It's better than /pfg/ because it's free from 2hu's thread-ruining taint.

trying this again:
Can a monkey familiar wield a weapon, with typical penalties for non-proficiency etc?

If a Shikigami (d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/kami/kami-shikigami) attempts a coup de grace, does it not provoke? How about if it's a mauler and grows to medium?

...You know that 2hu is hanging in the IRC too, right?

I'm making a level 12 mythic gestalt Zweihander Sentinel and nobody can stop me!

Where should this guy be from, anyway? I'm thinking of going Ulfen dragonslayer, but that seems a little... Predictable?

I kind of like those weird dragons from Bestiary 5, the Dream Dragon in particular.

>Encourage people to actually discuss games instead of shitposting wildly about /pol/ memes
>We're a hugbox

Cool good to know have fun.

Nah, 2hu swings by some times. When they're being civil, it's cool. When they're being a shit, they get kicked for a bit, same as anyone else.

You know 2hu hangs out there and some of us are actually pretty good friends with them yeah?

Some things are predictable because they're classics.

>When they're being a shit, they get kicked
So it's true, 2hu is such an autistic shitfucker even in IRC that he gets kicked out on a regular basis.

Why haven't you permabanned him there?

Wait, how many different people want Zweihander Sentinel gestalts these days? At least two or three?

... he does? I've been in there for a couple weeks and he hasn't.

I think you need to get out of this thread.

You've been infected by 2hu kool-aid. You're the guy he autismed all over and said to play a psion/warder because LOLOLOLOL BIGASS ATTACK/DAMAGE FROM CRYSTALS LOOK AT MY RAW.

I'm sorry. You're infected and you've got to go.

ZweiSent is a great gestalt for anyone who wants to be a melee shitkicker.

It's up there with Aug Blade War Soul for martial gestalts.

I'm probably the same guy, the campaign is based around each character being an individual badass forced to work with other badasses to beat a global threat, Avengers style.

Since my character seems like he's going to be an Ulfen Warder/Slayer built around Elemental Flux and Piercing Thunder, he's going to be the best parts of Thor and Ornstein slammed together.

>warder/slayer

Shit gestalt famalam, you're basically wasting two full BAB classes.

That's because that user reaches so far he took Combat Patrol with a whip.

Because 2hu is actually smart enough to fuck off when they're not wanted.

Unlike you.

Nothing wrong with a viking kicking the shit out of dragons-I'm sure there's any number of album covers that can attest to that.

But I get what you're saying. Maybe tell them you're from Galt? Not a country that leaps to mind when you think "dragon-slaying", and you could be the manliest fucking !notFrenchman who ever lived.

How about Warder/Ranger and take favored enemy Dragon?

Slayer is overkill on top of ZS. Probably want a more passive secondary, something that widens your capabilities. Most likely Int based for IM-SAD, Wis based is also workable if you go ODZS

He's not supposed to be a weirdo magic caster, I've already got all the fun I need from the Expanded disciplines.

Tracking and Studied Target just means he's an even better dragonslayer than he was before.

Well no, I meant last thread there was that other user asking about ZS gestalted with Hunter or Investigator.

Anyway, maybe he could also be one of those cool guards from Osirion? Blues love the desert and it would be a break from Ulfen badass slaying dragons to Osirion protector slaying dragons.

Thank fucking god.

See this level 12 warder guy?

2hu autismed all over him and wanted him to be a warder/psion.

But he's seen the light and seen past 2hu's lies. He BEAT 2hu's autism and resisted. He knew that warder/psion is a fucking shitty as hell gestalt.

Tell us how you did it. How did you know warder/psion was shit despite 2hu's blatant lies?

Huh, that'd be a fun idea, yeah. I'm with this user, user. Be an Egyptian shitkicker who wandered out of the desert to fuck up a dragon's day

>But I get what you're saying. Maybe tell them you're from Galt? Not a country that leaps to mind when you think "dragon-slaying", and you could be the manliest fucking !notFrenchman who ever lived.

I'm really, really digging the Frenchman idea! I don't know if I have any good art for a French spear-wielding badass, but I might just have to do this.

Thanks!

Any suggestions? Ideally it shouldn't be a caster, but I'm willing to take a caster class and ignore most of the spells if the other bits are juicy enough.

>Tell us how you did it. How did you know warder/psion was shit despite 2hu's blatant lies?

I didn't? I just read Psion, thought it was more trouble than it's worth learning how to play a psion, and chose to ignore it.

Looks like you're still drinking 2hu's kool-aid then.

Investigator is pretty good, gives you a wide array of skills and some other cool shit. Its only magic is alchemy, which you can easily just turn into a bunch of fire-and-forget buffs for your main role (kicking the shit out of dragons).

Well there is an actual Dragon Hunter Rnager archetype. It's very dragoncrafting focused though and dragoncraft items suck a lot actually.

I would say if you're going to be an investigator be a Questioner. They give up Alchemy for Bard casting using Int. it's a better addition than alchemy to the gestalt.

My first 3.5 character was an half dragon barb, and despite the hundred of games I played in the years I still remember that campaign fondly. maybe it was just scrub zeal, but rarely I played so well and with a group so dedicated. The actual dragon was my character arc boss, a wyrm overlord that manifactured half dragon lieutenants for his expanding empire in the vast cold North. I don't remember the details well, apart the sorc getting oneshotted into negatives first round by a frost giant minion. It was very cliche I guess

What about warder/rogue?

Unchained rogue, Legendary rogue, Rogue Glory rogue... maybe even a Dex warder with elven branch spear...

>French dragonslayer for maximum Hon Hon Hon
>Egpytian dragonslayer to be maximum suave brown-skinned badass
>Ulfen dragonslayer for HEAVY METAL

God dammit you guys stop giving me great ideas, I'm overloading here.

I'm not drinking anything, friend. I'm not even at the party where the cup's getting offered. I have a knack for ignoring crap in favor of things that interest me, and shitposting isn't interesting.

I was considering Investigator, actually. Those skill points and abilities are just as good as the Slayer, and it can't hurt to have the *option* of spells or alchemy. I'll have to think about it.

Okay, maybe not quite what I was thinking sinec the Risen Guard are kind of all-in on the "protect the king" thing, but a general Osirion-based protector might be cool. Could even look into Living Monolith as a cool flavor thing, even if it's suboptimal.

Oh yeah, rogue gets HIDDEN BLADE too.

You'll be way better off than that shitty 2hu build.

Who the fuck would ever think a psion/warder gestalt would be good? Seriously?

I'd advice towards the empiricist archetype then.

>I'm not drinking anything, friend. I'm not even at the party where the cup's getting offered. I have a knack for ignoring crap in favor of things that interest me, and shitposting isn't interesting.
If that were true, you wouldn't be replying to a shitposter.

>Who the fuck would ever think a psion/warder gestalt would be good? Seriously?

Psion//Warder is objectively better (full BAB, full manifesting, psychic reformation, teleports, plane shifts, summoning if you want it, save or dies and blasting...) but also awful to play.

Warder//Hidden Blade Eldritch Scoundrel Urogue is where it's at. Amazing combat, free debuffs when you hit them, and utility spells.

OF COURSE it would be good. After all, psions are t2 class(t1 with psychic reformation) and psion//warder gets int synergy.

>but also awful to play

See? This is what matters.

2hu is actually SHIT at making builds because nothing he makes WOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY, OR EVEN FUN TO PLAY.

It is a good gestalt dude, just not for the concept of a dragonslayer.

But it's shit. It's active/active and you don't want to do that in gestalt.

>but also awful to play.
Why?

You don't even need to engage in cancer like Psychic Reformation, Long range teleporting, and Plane Shifting.

Make flank and grapple buddies. Buff yourself. Use control spells to immobilize motherfuckers and then let them have it.

>good gestalt
>active/active

You're fucking retarded.

Psion/warder is a shit gestalt.

Or have you been drinking the 2hu autist kool-aid?

>Overloading

Well, got to start making that folder of cool character concepts that you'll never have the time nor opportunity to play sometime, user.

Because tracking full casting and full initiating isn't an enjoyable experience for me.

Psion makes a fine passive, as does warder. Warder for counters/boosts/the occasional full attack when you need to murder something and psion for offense, or psion for utility/buffing/summoning/world-breaking and warder for offense.

It's a strong, synergistic, and useful gestalt combination.

It's just not something I personally enjoy because
>full casters/manifesters

>Because tracking full casting and full initiating isn't an enjoyable experience for me.
>for me
Thanks for sharing your opinion on the build.

Hey for some reason the mega won't let me download the legacy of dragon. Can anyone share it with?

That's what I'm here for.

You're right for the wrong reason.

It's a goddamn 2hu build and it's probably reliant on a gorillion RAW loopholes and exploits that no sane GM would allow.

It's not out yet. Even subscribers don't have it yet.

I'm not talking about a particular 2hu build. I'm talking about a hypothetical warder//psion gestalt that could be a multitude of amazingly powerful builds that nonetheless overload you with options and I prefer simpler characters.

Depends on how you play it. You could use warder as a passive class, focusing the maneuvers on boost and counters rather than strikes, thus freeing standard actions for manifesting - aegis would perhaps work better, but warder is certainly not a bad passive class if that's how you build it. Or you could use psion as semi-passive, focusing on long duration buffs and utility powers rather than combat, and let warder handle the combat side of the combination.

Oh, then what the hell is the player companion book after magic toolbox?

No it isn't.

There's no RAW abuse in "my character manifests offensive precognition spending X PP for Y bonus, and then attacks".

That's like basic bitch shit.

Spymaster's Handbook. They are all labeled.

Spymaster's Handbook.
Reading is not your strength huh?

That's fucking RAW abuse and you know it.

>all this drama
The people who constantly whine about 2hu are much worse than he is. When you see an anime girl, just scroll past the post. It's not difficult.

No it isn't, you're just retarded.

It literally isn't unless "I use powerattack" is fucking RAW abuse you autist.

Are you mentally ill?

Were you in love with a tripfag and you think 2hu made your waifu leave?

My phone won't show it. Can't read what I can't see.

Realtalk. We need to dispel the myth that Touhou guy is good at making builds.

Exhibit A: Exhibit B: Exhibit C: Exhibit D: Have a look at this shit, guys. Am I the only one here who can see just how weak these builds are? They can't do shit effectively. That's fucking hilarious for someone who tries to be a minmaxer.

/pfg/ knows better, right guys?

Stop

Fuck off.