Crusader Quest: Deus Vult

previous threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=crusader quest
Thread 5 didn't archive fully: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34542810/#q34542810
Twitter: twitter.com/KoblOf
pastebins: pastebin.com/u/Joggibear
army sheet: pastebin.com/VzbLdkUr
holdings: pastebin.com/m33m5nZ5

Banners flutter in the high wind, the standards of Christian lords upon the field of Ascalon, the standards of Saaracen warriors upon Acalon's walls. Siege towers stand tall with Christian men around them, within them, a deadly cargo ready to be delivered to Ascalon's walls. Stretched across the wooden assembly were fresh animal hides, the skins of pigs, goats, cows, even slaughtered horses and mules. Necessary protection against fire, but it gave the towers a noticeable stink. Yeomanry filled the hot interior, the first for the wall who would suffer the deadliest fighting.

Three towers in all faced the gates of Ascalon, three tall sentries between which were packed the rank and file of Christendom. Armed with ladders, with picked men packed under leather domes hefting battering rams, protected from the missiles of the fortress.

Behind this sea of glinting spear tips, this armoured mob of glinting helms, the trebuchets continued their bombardment, smacking heavy stone into sheer castle walls. Dents had begun to appear, but the walls still had not given way. The craft that had built the great city of Ascalon endured. On a horse before the siege weapons stood the queen, her personal standard snapping in the wind above her head, her eyes cold upon the Saracen force. She was adorned for battle in white maille threaded with gold, a helm upon her head covering her delicate brow, masking her nose, transforming her elegant face into one of large eyes, high cheek bones, soft lips and metal. Only a wisp of honey-gold hair fell loose from the helm, dancing in the wind across her cheek.

Around her on horse, armoured for battle, were her generals.

Solid and hefty William Bures, Constable of Jerusalem, old grey Pons of Tripoli, dependable Hugh of Jaffa, the bulbous Count of Foix, ancient Pagan of Oultrejordan, owl-eyed Gerard Grenier, Lord of Sidon, Raymond du Puy and Archemboud, lords of the temple orders, and least in standing but first in her army, the young Lord of Ramla, Wilhelm.

They stood beneath the True Cross, the ornate standard of Christ that contained a shard of his execution.

The only sound betrayed beyond the loose of the trebuchet was the snorts and snuffs of their horses, the drawn sniff of Count Pons, a cough from Hugh of Jaffa. None of the high lords spoke, they waited upon Melisende's word.

She raised a gloved hand, lowered it to point at the distant walls. A horn sounded its harsh bleat.

The assault had begun.

> begin as Wilhelm
> begin as Hugo

Dropped my trip. Whoops.

>> begin as Wilhelm

> begin as Hugo
pls

> begin as Hugo

Oi Malik! I shagged ya daughter!

> begin as Wilhelm

Step 1: Take the part of the wall we are on

Step 2: Take the gatehouse

Step 3: Take the city.

I assume that is what the plan is.

> begin as Wilhelm

> begin as Wilhelm

You are Wilhelm, Lord of Ramla, and you stand beside your queen a-horsed watching the advance on the walls of Ascalon, the trudge of boots, the grind of the tower wheels.

The trebuchets had ceased their bombardment as Jerusalem's forces advanced.

The other lords galloped off to join their men on the field.

Where are your personal forces?

> on the left flank
> on the right flank
> in the centre
> your forces are in reserve

What's the difference between the left and right flank?

> in the centre
hugo pov literally never

> on the right flank

It's not the time
>on the left flank

I dont like this at all guys. Everything will go to shit. I am sure of it.

>your forces are in reserve

Then vote to be in reserve

Poor HF.

He shoulda given more of an explanation of the differences

How are our allied forces disposed? Jaffa on the right? Jerusalem in reserve? Sidon on the left? Templars and Hospitalers in the centre?

>your forces are in the center

Sorry I'm a bit distracted (and sore).

The centre will experience the thickest fighting, around the gates and two main towers of the wall. The left and right flank aren't too different in what they will face, but their role is to try and take their section of the wall and help envelope the main defenders.

Templars and Hospitallers have the centre. Tripoli, Jaffa and Sidon have the right. Count Foix, his Iberians and the Oultrejordan will be on the left.

Currently Jerusalem is in reserve.

we dont want our forces massacred on the walls

I'll let you revote off this info.

>> on the left flank

Left Flank

seriously our men will be massacred and we need them to secure the good shit in Ascalon

if we really need men on the wall we can seen them later

Where is Maine ?

Left flank with Oultrejordan. Thought I put them in but now see I mucked it up.

I'm going to go take some pain killers and get back to this in a second.

Reserve

>your forces are in reserve

>on the left flank

> on the left flank

Running today was a mistake. I'm too beat up for it. Sorry guys, but this part of the quest deserves my complete and total concentration, which I can't muster today. I'll run on Wednesday instead. Keep an eye out for it, and I'm very sorry. I need to go convalesce in a corner.

Its alright man. You take care.

Thanks for trying atleast HF. Get well

dangit thanks for trying HF

Thanks for trying to run man. Take care of yourself

Get better mate.