Kantai Collection Quest: Pacific Strike 40

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kantai Collection Pacific Strike

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are the former United States Navy warship USS HOEL, now returned as a shipgirl and ready to kick Abyssal ass!

Currently, you were following the British cruiser Dorsetshire back to her base in the Falklands, dragging along a captured Wa-class Abyssal that seemed to have been modified for electronic warfare purposes. Fortunately, the Wa-class seemed to have finally ceased broadcasting its jamming signal, allowing Anna to send the all clear to the Captain and the rest of the fleet.

Portland meanwhile was helping Dorsetshire tow the helpless Wa-class while you and Anna hung back as a sort of rearguard. You see that Portland was trading discussion with Dorsetshire, no doubt since they were both fellow cruisers. It was only natural they'd get along. Anna on the other hand was glowering at the Wa-class, like it was some sort of rival or something.

>Go see what Dorsie and Portland are talking about.
>Ask Anna about the Wa-class.
>Maybe you should sail on ahead to the base.
>Other

first

Live, from Veeky Forums, it's a very odd time for this quest
This week, War Thunder has its summer event, and boatgirls game teases a "Large Foreign Ship" for the Summer event

>>Ask Anna about the Wa-class.

Information is power, and we should NOT split up.

Never miss an opportunity to chat with X-Ray Vision Waifu. Or to remind her that we know what her radar can do.

>>Go see what Dorsie and Portland are talking about.

Nevermind the fact that we know what OUR radar can do~

>Modern destroyers come back as shipgirls
>They all wear skimpy because they all have perv-o-vision powers

"So, Anna." You slide over and lean your arm onto the comm ship's shoulder. "Any idea what that ugly ass thing is?"

"W-well, it's a Wa-class Abyssal modified for electronic warfare!" Anna chirps.

"I know that, Anna." You roll your eyes as you flick her in the head with your finger. "Have you found anything else about it?"

"O-oh, well, it's obviously very sophisticated, which means that the Abyssals have apparently been studying our communications signals!" Anna explains, her words getting quicker as she starts talking about a subject she is more comfortable with. "It's actually a bit distressing at how well they've been able to mimic the capabilities of our own jamming technology!"

"But not enough to get one over you, huh?" You grin.

"Of course not!" Anna laughs nervously. "Can't stop the signal, after all!"

>Well, we'll see what the eggheads say when they cut it up.
>Something bothering you, Anna?
>Other

>skimpy
>not radar-absorbing bodysuits

At that point, they all might as well wear micro bikinis.

Also...
>Muse that we need our own catchphrase if she's taking that one.

No need to give Vahlen more specimens unless absolutely necessary.

>>Something bothering you, Anna?

Now that you think about it, this is pretty much an entire series where it's appropriate to wear beach and swimwear 24/7.
Just say you're a shipgirl enthusiast.

>>Something bothering you, Anna?

>Trading one version of "wearing nothing at all" for another

At least Woel now has the liberty of wearing whatever she wants as a disguise.

Maybe we could get her an Abyssal themed cabbie hat as a gift.

Just throw on a hex pattern and a fresh bit of sci-fi chrome paint, and we get a futuristic outfit.

>Woel takes a holiday

"I something bothering you, Anna?" You frown as you see your friend's antenna start drooping a bit.

"Um, well, it's just that I get this feeling..." Anna mumbles and bites her lip. "...that maybe the Abyssals are doing all this because they're after me?"

"What are you talking about?" You lean in just a tad closer. "The Abyssals are always after everybody!"

"Y-yeah, but I sometimes get the feeling that they're specifically coming after me..." Anna gazes at you. "You don't get it, do you? I'm the only shipgirl of my type. I can coordinate dozens or even hundreds of not just shipgirls, but conventional assets, too! I-I know every encryption, frequency, and callsign the Navy uses! I... I think this Wa-class was made specifically to counter me! And you saw what those subs tried to do..."

You see Anna shiver, obviously bothered by all of this.

>I'd never let them get to you. That's a promise.
>Well, that means the Abyssals are SCARED of ya, too!
>Don't be silly, you're just overthinking it!
>Other

>>Well, that means the Abyssals are SCARED of ya, too!
inb4 Anna gets captured and Abyssalized and comes to her senses through the power of love

If they do, pic related

>But I'd never let them get to you. That's a promise.

Time to trip the hostagesituationflags

Hot.

>Taffy 3 being used like hounds

"I'd never let them get to you. That's a promise." You grin as you ruffle Anna's hair, causing her antenna to twitch wildly. "Besides, if they're going through so much trouble to get to ya, that means they gotta be SCARED of ya, right?"

"I-I suppose..." Anna whines as she stries to bat your ruffling hand away.

"And that means you're doing your job!" You conclude, ending your ruffling and giving her a hearty slap on the back of her shoulder.

"Ha... I guess you're right." Anna smiles again. "Thanks, Hoel."

"Think nothing of it!" You laugh.

"Ah, there we go!" You hear Dorsie speak up. "We're here!"

You and Anna to look up and finally see the shores of the Falkland Islands. Up ahead, you could see a small hastily built naval base, buzzing with activity as helicopters and ships buzzed and sailed in and out. Missile batteries and artillery lined the rest of the rocky shores, ready to fire at any incoming Abyssals.

Sure, it wasn't a Pearl Harbor or Norfolk, but the base seemed sturdy and expansive enough for such a remote area. At least it wasn't all prefab or temporary structures and facilities like the Navy had to cope with on Midway.

"Looks cozy." Portland observes.

"Our own little slice of the Empire." Dorsie says proudly. "I'll need to haul this troublemaker here to the laboratory. You three are free to explore the base or you can wait for the rest of your fleet to arrive."

>Accompany Dorsie to the lab.
>Explore the base.
>Wait for the fleet.
>Other

>>Accompany Dorsie to the lab.

>Accompany Dorsie to the lab.

Let's see the English mad scientist.

>>Accompany Dorsie to the lab.

At least we don't have a Freeze Ray.

>Explore the base.

New level up waifu?

>Explore the base.

>>Explore the base.

>>Explore the base.

>Explore the base.

>Accompany Dorsie to the lab. Drag Anna along with us.

"Hey Anna, let's go see what this base has got to offer!" You grin as you take her by the hand and drag her along. "Sweet Pea, you wanna come along, too?"

"I think it's best someone stay behind to guide the fleet in." Portland shakes her head. "You two have fun, but remember, this is a BRITISH base. PLEASE try not to destroy or damage anything?"

"No promises!" You cackle as you skip off, Anna in tow for better or worse.

"S-so where are we going?!" Anna asks as she's practically towed along in your wake.

>The airfield!
>The repair docks!
>Find whatever they do for fun here!
>Other

Taking bets on how many staff are playing Pokemon GO around the naval base.

>>Find whatever they do for fun here!

Hoel catches Mew as her first mon.

>The repair docks!

>Find out what they do for fun here!

And when it proves boring...

>The repair docks! Because bathing suits or less

>The airfield!

>Pokemon Go has been banned following repeated incidents of servicemen going out to sea trying to catch Abyssals

>>Find whatever they do for fun here!

"So, Anna, what do you think Brits do for fun?" You frown as you look around the base, the drab, concrete structures blending in and basically looking the same as everything else, preventing you from being able to identify any particular area of interest.

"Um, the same things as us, I guess?" Anna shrugs. "Movies, TV, music?"

"That would be awfully boring if that were true." You roll your eyes. "C'mon!"

The pair of you stroll along the road, just randomly looking around. Occasionally, you'd have to step out of the way (and pull Anna out of the way of) a passing vehicle. British naval personnel were also respectful enough, giving you a quick salute or nod to the both of you as they pass. Given the US and Britain's traditional alliance, and Britain's love of their navy, you honestly weren't surprised.

In all actuality, the Falklands base didn't feel all too much different from Pearl or Norfolk, not that was a bad thing or anything.

"Oh oh! What's that?" Anna's antenna straightens out and points in the same direction her finger is. You turn to see a large recreational field, where it looked as if there were a bunch of British naval personnel playing what looked to be football, except without all of the protective gear associated with it. You focus your optics, and notice that there's two girls mixed in among the dozens of men tackling and wrangling with each other in the grass and mud.

Meanwhile, you could see two older shipgirls casually watching the whole thing go by at a nearby table, sipping tea like all Brits were wont to do. One of them had long, golden blond hair and was wearing what seemed to be nun's robes or something like that. The other had reddish blonde hair tied back into twintails, and she was wearing a more conventional Royal Navy uniform.

"Were the British always this violent...?" Anna's eyes widen as she watches.

>That football game looks kinda fun.
>You're actually kinda thirsty.
>Other

>>That football game looks kinda fun.

Time to see if Hoel can play rugby.

Rugby is the best!!!

>Rope Anna into playing rugby with us.

RUGBY TIME! HAHAH!
(... recoils in pain from memories playing Girls' Rugby)

Let's try out some weird British sodas.

"Hey, that football game looks pretty fun!" You grin. "I kinda wanna get in on that!"

"W-well, you can go on ahead!" Anna mumbles. "I'm not really into all that physical stuff!"

"Outside the bedroom, huh?" You joke as you elbow Anna suggestively.

"D-don't joke about something like that!" Anna reddens.

"I'm just messin' with ya!" You laugh as you saunter over to the field and yell. "HEY! You Brits got room for one more?"

The game is briefly paused as all of the players, including the two shipgirls, turn to face you.

"Oi, what's a bloody Yank doing here?" One of them asks.

"You even know the rules to rugby?" Another speaks up.

"Um, hit the guy with the ball real hard until he drops it?" You guess.

All of the rugby players look at each for a second and then shrug.

"Close enough." One of the apparent team captains grins. "Oi, Ajax, Achilles, mind mixing up the teams a bit?"

"Oh boy, I always did want to see what a Yank ship is made of!" One of the shipgirls, who would have had long and rather beautiful blonde-brown hair if it weren't tied up into a bun, cracks her knuckles expectantly.

"Maybe one of us should pair with her." The other girl, who has shorter brunette hair and looked to be more of a tomboy compared to her counterpart. "It wouldn't be sporting to pit two cruisers against a destroyer, after all!"

>Sure, you'd like thinks to be fair.
>Pffft, you could totally take two of them on!
>Other

>>Sure, you'd like thinks to be fair.

>Sure, you'd like things to be fair.

>>Pffft, you could totally take two of them on!

Who the hell do they think we are?!

>Sure, you'd like thinks to be fair.

Right at the scrum we just say "Battle off Samar" and let her wet herself.

"Pfffft, big words for a pair of LIGHT cruisers." You grin. "Yer basically just fatter destroyers!"

The rugby players collectively gasp at your blatant sleight against the two British cruisers. In the background, you could see Anna with the other two British shipgirls. Anna was facepalming while her British companions just shook their heads sadly.

"Big mouth for such a small ship!" Achilles gives a bloodthirsty smile.

"Well, I can't say I didn't make the effort." Ajax shrugs.

"All right, lets get this going!" One the captains claps his hand to grab everybody's attention. "Hoel will be on Orange team and Ajax and Achilles will be on White!"

"Which team has possession?" You ask.

"Oh, that's simple." Ajax smiles.

>White
>Blue

>>White

Ooh looks like we'll be biting it

>>White

>White

>>Blue

>Blue

Gonna go grab some dinner so I'll be right back!

>Blue

>White

Merc confirmed to be shark!

>Hoel will be on Orange team and Ajax and Achilles will be on White
>Choices are Blue and White

Obviously you've never played rugby.

>>White

>Blue Team gets out of the way while White tries to beat the shit out of Orange