Horus Heresy General

Son of a Shepherd Edition
That's my Spartan! Sub-Edition
In the last thread the SA were proven to use DAoT tech to make Transport Vindicators broken, pictures of one user's local club's event were posted, more homebrewed goodness, a disgruntled IG player for advice for SA, Knight user's pictures have become spammy, one question on the Daemon Primarchs being released lead to the wrongs of Angron and Magnus being posted but what Angron would be like if he got his Nails removed was imagined, and we saw one user who needs to learn how to format plus more in the last bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

mastercrafted.co.uk/product-category/infantry-components/shoulder-pads/large/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to cum inside Corvus Corax

So, Konrad Curze was evil Space Batman. Could he have become good Space Batman, or closer to Batman then what he turned out as?

3rd for free chainaxes.

Senpai did nothing wrong

Hello, Curzefag. Have you asked your mother if she was doing drugs while she was pregnant with you yet?

If you nut in Corax and he turns invisible can you see your nut

Why did the Emperor give the legions to their primarchs? Seems like most legions were ruined by the autistic manchildren primarchs.

Because Emps wasn't as clever as he thought he was.

Until transfers arrive my Praetor is done. What say you /hhg/?

(Yes I am aware of that mold line on the right leg, I've come too far to do anything about it now)

Because only Lorgar was the manchild of the Primarchs, and he had high hopes for his boys.

I don't think I need to ask anymore

I just know she did

when do you guys think heresy will end. and what's your logic. I think it will never end but the way its being supported by FW has already ended post openday and that limited edition figure that was clearly cast in a new way with diferent gates and venting and almost looks like it was from a machine that automated the process for some of the bits in some way. I'm guessing 1-2 more big black books only is there any evidence pointing against that. like what models do they actually have left. Sisters of Silence Custodies Seige theamed equipment or terrain boards maybe some panicking citizens of Terra. and the Emp? what els?

I love when I make it to the HHG edition.

It makes me feel like I accomplished something and am relevant.

Did Indominus Terminator armor look different in 30k?

The helmet doesnt fit

like 2-3 chapters right? hell it could be literally 1 book left.

Same guy everytime with his bad spelling and walls of text...

You'd think he was Rogal Dorne due to his giant walls.

No Crux Terminatus.

A good example would be one of the IA pics of a Carcharodons terminator that has a tribal tatto decal on the shoulder, and the crux is missing.

Said terminator armor was most likely a relic from the heresy/before the heresy.

Sisters of Silence, Custodes, Emp, Agents of the Warmaster, all DA, all BA, all WS, about 3 black books, Reductor, WS & TS minis.
Also, dude.
Srsly.
Dat wall of text

Does she regret doing it now that she knows the aftermath is your quirks?

Any pics I can find for reference, and ideas how I could remove the crux for the shoulder pads on my terminators?

Here you go.

I enjoy playing Blackshields also.

probably

And now I can rest easy tonight. Don't do drugs, Curzefag. Be a good mother.

but if sisters of silence custodies and emp and agents fo the warmaster are all siege of terra focused they might be introduced in GW publications not FW ones. DA BA and WS sounds like 1 book it doesn't sound like 3. and Reductor could fit in there too.

>they might be introduced in GW publications not FW ones
Why?

I'll give it 6-8 more books

>Solar Campaign book
>White Scars/Dark Angels/Blood Angels
>Martian Schism book
>Siege of Terra
>Couple of books here and there for random small stuff, like the Tallarn battle

Just buy 5 extra right shoulders from ebay so you can have an empty shoulder on both sides.

Do they work going the other way?

I can't make any promises...

Which book(s) are going to cover the Breaking of Anvilus, Scouring of Gilden's Star, The Passage of the Angel of Death, the Cataclysm of Iron, the Sea of Fire, and the Great Slaughter of Beta-Garmon? I want to know more about these.
I'll put some faith in you.

>Martian Schism book

Yes please. I need some stats for Kelbor-Hal.

>Not wanting stats for Fabricator-General Kane

Does your heresy know no bounds?!

One or two books dealing with small engagements, much like they did with Book 4 which had fluff of small stuff like the conquest of Manachea.

You forgot the most important one. The Wolf Cull, where we get to see the Space Wolves torn apart like the Salamanders until there's only enough marines for 2 chapters.

I don't care for the Wolf Cull. We know what happens in it, but not those other events.

I don't know. I expected Kyme to look like some deranged person with a beard you wouldn't want to stay in a room with without him restrained and having two guards in. I will not lower my guard. He may not look like a madman, but he is still Kyme. We've seen what that mind can do for writing novels.

He looks like he should be wearing an Adidas tracksuit and squatting

Would the world eaters use breachers? I quite like the model but I'm not sure if they fit the WE doctrine. Are they even good as a unit?

No and no.

You're better off taking tacticals/inductii or assault marines.

>Kyme is a Slav
Huh. I actually like that look.

To be fair Rolf can uproot trees with his bare hands. Rolf very well might be a young primarch.

both would be cool
I just finished the Mechanicum book and it was cool as fuck

Just as long as the loyalist mechanicum waifu has trash stats, I'll be happy.

Only the weakest Heresy aspires to know its bounds :^)

Should I use Lascannons from 40k devs for my Heavy Support? I kind of like their design more, but I'm worried if they're design and the arm stand out too much.

That's not a terminator helmet.

What helm is this

fuck the haters and lore spergs that looks awesome

It's a Grey Knight PA head. I didn't want anyone in my army to go bare faced and the gap in the Praetor model is not really made for anything but the bare heads it comes with. Short of boring the model hollow to fit a whole new head in there I cut down the gorget and shaved down a helmet that is kinda similar to the Cataphractii ones. It still sticks out of the collar but it works with the movement of the mini so I'm not too bothered by it.

Thanks user.

It was obvious it was a gk head. Don't worry about it, user, HH4 has you covered

Just how big was the Alpha Legion, and is there really traditions or culture to them besides being pic related? Bronze helmets were meant to show leadership right? Or am I forgetting that with the Alpha Legion you're not suppose to know?

the alpha legion was actually just 20 dudes and some holograms. They tricked the other legions to fight wearing their colors.

I think the general rule for Alpha Legion discussion should be that posts should include less memes.
>just 20 dudes
So Exodus, Dynat, Skorr, Alpharius, Omegon, and a few other dudes to pretend to be them?

>general rule for posts that start Alpha Legion discussion
I forgot to add that.

there are no set numbers for the Alpha Legion. And even if there were numbers they couldn't be trusted anyway. They may as well have been 20 strong. They could have very well taken the missing legion's numbers. They could very well be 1,000,000,000 strong.

>posts should include less memes
alpha legion are the meme legion
it's impossible to un-meme alpha legion discussion

WIP BAngel Terminator

Why do your models look like they've been eaten away by acid? Are they recasts?

You bet

Jesus, everybody is being super critical today... well I think this model is posed way more badass than what FW has been putting out lately.

Daily Reminder

True Horus Heresy Terminators wear Top Knots.

I really want some for my SoH, but where to get some?

Please help.

Cast quality's bad, m80. Just an observation, don't take it personally.

>Topknots
REEEEEEEE
>Mixing armor patterns
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Topknots are goat, filthy Sload.

I'm fine with them on the SoH upgrade set helmets, just not anywhere else, honestly.

I'd totally play them as my own legion, but I hate Abaddon, and I just can't into their fluff. Rules-wise they seem pretty awesome.

Its on the back and looks rather spiff, I must say.

On anything except SoH I think they look pretty stupid. Especially if it's the 40k Abaddon model with his body length hair.

Agreed. I think Abaddon is my least favorite model of all time.

Jokes on you, my Cataphracti ARE SoH!

HA HA HA HA

Is that what happens to every loyalist legion, given how few 2nd founding chapters there were? (That we know about)

Sure. They're just made somewhere different.

Remember to put bitemarks on the edges of the shields.

This site does some great almost-space marine pads. The "large" ones are made for Indomitus termies.

mastercrafted.co.uk/product-category/infantry-components/shoulder-pads/large/

No. People forget that the pads have a gap on the front, so flipping them around would look silly at best. I got 20 Indomitus suits and I've been struggling with this problem for some time.

Those might actually work. It's a bit shame that 99% of all "large shoulder pads" that are sold by 3rd party stores are cataphractii style overlapping plates.

You, user, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Amen.

Now only if I could find some without having to buy a ton of miniature horses and clipping their tails...

Yes, WE would use them (its mention in the breacher fluff blerb), but no, you shouldn't, since they have no option to take a chainaxe

You're playing WE, why would you want to take a unit that doesn't have a chainaxe?

why don't you just put the armpit protectors on the model instead of having that gap. You could also just fill it with greenstuff.

>why don't you just put the armpit protectors on the model instead of having that gap.

You mean the little shield? So he'd have one shield on each shoulder, one on the front and one on the back?

>You could also just fill it with greenstuff.

40 times. With even results. I'd rather pay someone for the pads.

>You mean the little shield? So he'd have one shield on each shoulder, one on the front and one on the back?

Unless you are using right pads on the left shoulders and left pads on the right shoulders, then the gaps should be pointing forward.

>40 times. With even results. I'd rather pay someone for the pads.

That is fair enough. but it's not that hard to do consistent GS work. :)

>Unless you are using right pads on the left shoulders and left pads on the right shoulders, then the gaps should be pointing forward.

You do realize people are talking about using two right (blank) pads on a suit to get rid of the crux on the left pad, right? If you do that, you have the gap on the front on the right pad and on the back on the left pad.

>it's not that hard to do consistent GS work

You'd be surprised how much people can struggle with "not that hard" things. I just am not interested to git gud with GS for the sake of a few pads. It's time and effort I can spend better elsewhere.

What are the options for reserve manipulation in the Solar Auxillia list?

As a disclaimer.
>it's impossible to un-meme alpha legion discussion
That doesn't sound too challenging.

thanks teegee user for the tabletop art bases recommendation. Details are a bit soft, but I'm pretty sure that will not be noticeable when painted.

Looks positively threatening.

Anyone have a link for HH masterclass vol 1? Because I need to check how they painted IF

Terminators as troops too powerful?

Considering special terminators as a troop choice as a legion special unit.

Base gear would be cataphracti terminator armor a heavy chain blade and a combi Bolter. Two wounds though because nanite machines and other mechanicum goodies.

My idea is to have one unique row and one special unit, both of which are powerful enough to warrant being the only special unit and unique row available to them.

Are you the user designing II and XI Legion ideas? I'm the guy that's helped in that over the last few threads, I'm just not certain if it you or not. Terminators as Troops by default probably wouldn't be OP, especially if they only have weak weapons like HCB by default. They'd essentially just be an alternative to Tacs, as a tough blob unit that's better in melee, worse in shooting, more resilient to high-AP, more vulnerable to instant death.

It's not about not having the proper helmet style. It's about the helmet not fitting the model. See how the helmet in your pic sits in the suit nicely, while in it looks like the dude put on the helmet and climbed in through the neck, then got stuck by his helmet.

PA helmets don't really fit physically on terminators. I made a terminators once with a PA helmet and it took some work to trim it down and make it fit. GK terminator helmet would have probably fit the suit much better.

>it looks like the dude put on the helmet and climbed in through the neck, then got stuck by his helmet
Heh, that's a funny mental image. It's not like you put that armour on like it was a t-shirt, though, and it's not criminally bad looking.
It does stand out...the same as that beautiful paint job. No need for uber perfect models, this isn't the EC.
Saturnine termies are shown with some sort of Heavy chainblade, did you get the idea from there?

Old Caliban is as close to heaven as it can get for me.
Endless forests and countless beasts to hunt.

I got half chub from reading that Siegemaster short story in the BL Advent calendar.

Endless trench war and countless gristle to feed into the grinder.

Sup, /hhg/. I just got back from Basic Training. What did I miss?

Stuff.

How long were you gone?

The IW got shafted again at the last Open Day.

You darn insult the son of a shepard, Rob-Boy?