Huge Architecture

Your best examples of truly gigantic architecture sci-fi/fantasy

Other urls found in this thread:

futurama.wikia.com/wiki/Leo_Wong's_"Miniature"_Golf_Course
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not one of you posting Ringworld
What the fuck

I thought of it, but it seemed like the OP wanted buildings.
The idea of a ring world is one my top 3 favorite SciFi concepts.

If we are including mega structures, have an impractical open ended colony cylinder

megastructures are fucking awesome
Here, have a Rama.

At the right rotation speed and radius an open ended cylinder would work. The atmosphere is affected by the artificial gravity too and you potentially would only need a relatively short wall at the end too stop it falling off the egde.

comfy

Think I've just won.

Can it still be called mini-golf?

Macro-golf?

The books in the Omale series are maybe the best sci-fi i've read. A shame that it's not translated outside of french.
The world is basically a dyson sphere with the people living on the inside surface of the sphere. (There's a particle film in the atmosphere that saturates and creates an artificial day/night cycle so that the people don't cook off on the inner surface)

To give an idea of the sphere's diameter, if we do the conversion with the in-book fictionnal measuring units, it would be about twice the distance between the earth and the sun.

Where does gravity come from?

Rotation maybe? Centrifugal force is a pretty neat thing.

The sphere is rotating around the star inside. Only about a quarter of the inside surface is hospitable and it's concentrated around the equator

your mother

Ouch

Wow, I'm going to need some aloe for that sick burn.

futurama.wikia.com/wiki/Leo_Wong's_"Miniature"_Golf_Course