Bard Tunes

So what kind of music does the bard actually play?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_tORtmKIjE
youtube.com/watch?v=dvJ7QOu0Z0w
youtu.be/cQpEnN6bxxw
youtu.be/hH0QoBMyvaY
youtube.com/watch?v=0QtM7X0xYN8
youtu.be/1DcqnkzGEFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HLrpb8Z--fs
youtube.com/watch?v=OnQjSZWI_84
youtube.com/watch?v=ACiwHP7TOPE
youtube.com/watch?v=ic0KvIIrR2A
youtube.com/watch?v=ypuaJLHK_LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R1gF0uhHsqk
youtube.com/watch?v=pxPEcd6mLlY
youtube.com/watch?v=UrCl6NihiCE
youtube.com/watch?v=FJquD_LdESw
youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I
youtube.com/watch?v=RzGQU5VMPdI
youtube.com/watch?v=pLOsviEPS-4
youtube.com/watch?v=JZOI_ndQcDY
youtube.com/watch?v=BmhhVgCD0hg
youtube.com/watch?v=IEJvzhXgufg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFk0Mq-3GY
youtube.com/watch?v=By1b2GLzDUA
youtube.com/watch?v=l-9VZZWtMfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc
youtube.com/watch?v=gY4Yvbm6Tw4
youtube.com/watch?v=dgPjINdENAk
youtu.be/nPyAEBe1x4I
youtu.be/PUMCIn2swTU
youtube.com/watch?v=6-G2QRs5O_E&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=SLF7Fl4SXh8
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws
youtube.com/watch?v=c3ZvjTHpb1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hambone

dependsonthesetting.jpeg

Who who pays the piper calls the tune. So a generic Fantasy bard and would stuck paying Greensleeves and the like.

Game an 'Arabian' or 'oriental' would have the closest equivalent.

Of course you could always play a starving artist trying to make jazz or progressive Electric blues grass take off.

youtube.com/watch?v=u_tORtmKIjE

magic and shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=dvJ7QOu0Z0w

>forcing jazz into a setting
m'lady

youtu.be/cQpEnN6bxxw
Depends on the scene of course

I have taken to singing anachronistic songs a capella, since my Bard looks like Thin White Duke David Bowie and we're playing CoS.

>Dirge of Doom
youtu.be/hH0QoBMyvaY

Flamenco , blues and metal.

>what kind of music does the bard actually play?
youtube.com/watch?v=0QtM7X0xYN8

>body of the instrument is perfectly square
This kills the musician

youtu.be/1DcqnkzGEFQ

youtube.com/watch?v=HLrpb8Z--fs

My last bard was almost entirely based off pic related. Just sang about how awesome he was as he ran around stabbing shit with a broadsword.

youtube.com/watch?v=OnQjSZWI_84

youtube.com/watch?v=ACiwHP7TOPE

Is it bad that I want to know more?

Why haven't you seen Kung Fu hustle?

youtube.com/watch?v=ic0KvIIrR2A
Thank you for adding to my QT bards collection, user.

When I played a Bard I wasn't big into musical stuff. Can't sing a damn and it felt lazy to do it otherwise.

So instead I asked the GM if I could Bard by telling epic stories about legendary heroes. She was basically an adventurer fangirl and her motivation was to emulate all the glorious things she'd heard about (and presumably finding out just how gritty and unpleasant a lot of it actually was in the process) - so her forms of semi-mystical inspiration were bellowing out glorious one-liners and tales of ancient battles that I'd pre-write beforehand for appropriate situations.

Also she'd normally charge headlong into battle because her naivety and blind courage was overwhelming, thus causing further "inspiration" to save her dumb ass. Hopefully, anyways.

Sadly the campaign crashed and burned almost immediately due to some player conflicts and the GM losing the heart to continue.

I'd like to think it was going to be great, though. A rosy-eyed naive young woman looking to make a name for herself and emulate all those heroes she'd always heard about. Probably less interested in bedding random guys, but that was probably more an age and fanaticism thing than lechery.
She'd probably respond to being hit on with amazement and awe and a not-insignificant measure of bemusement rather than looking to bed everything that moves. Like "Woo, I've hit a milestone! Weird strangers are hitting on me!"

I wonder how long her naive and giddy optimism would have lasted.

youtube.com/watch?v=ypuaJLHK_LQ
Glad you asked, OP.

In all seriousness, google Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader OSTs.
They are pretty much exemplary of good melodic bard stuff.

the song of your people

I had the male version of exactly that character.
He apprenticed at what counts as the local museum and decided some day, that he isn't satisfied by just curating the legacies of legends and wants to try a hands-on approach.

My session died very quickly, too.

>just sitting in a thread posting music links at each other

You know, I'm fairly sure there's some music-sharing service that /mu/ uses where you can all sit in a room and add songs to the playlist that everyone can then listen to. I can't for the life of me remember it, but it should still exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1gF0uhHsqk

Sounds like a fun character. Wish you the best luck in getting her approved in another game.

Nice quads

youtube.com/watch?v=pxPEcd6mLlY

The world is not yet ready for us to break out into stories of how that one dude kicked the other dude in the nuts so hard it replaced one of his eyeballs to lead us into battle. :(

If I can find a system with fun bards, certainly. Sadly my current GM does not seem super interested in those ones. He's on a WoD kick.

I'm not too fussed though, it just means I can play other quirky character concepts. Pic related.

Vampire historian/guardian trying to help people achieve Golconda, probably hunted by a Methuselah if the 5-point flaw my GM made me take is any indication.

Also he's 600 years old and a knight. Because librarians gotta defend their precious books, yo. Especially when those books include little secrets that might cause several vampire bloodlines to converge on your location and beat you to a bloody pulp.

This is how I bard

youtube.com/watch?v=UrCl6NihiCE

Also, if you arn't improving your own music at the table you're doing it wrong. Pick up an easy instrument like a Pentatonic Harp/Lyre that literally any retard with hands can play and go crazy, it really adds a lot to the game.

>Also, if you arn't improving your own music at the table you're doing it wrong.
>Oh, so you want to play a muscular barbarian? Go lift my fridge.
Not everyone is musically talented, user.

You know, not entirely related, but how do 3.pf bards work? According to RAW, and somewhat according to logic, they only play music for about six seconds, i.e. when they actually use the ability. Are we supposed to assume that they're singing very short songs, or sort of passively playing on their other turns?

Hense why I suggested some period appropriate instruments like require very little musically practice/knowledge to play.

Just strum the strings however you'd like because pretty much any combination sounds good and drop some sick rhymes.

youtube.com/watch?v=FJquD_LdESw

>When supporting the wizard
youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

>Hense why I suggested some period appropriate instruments like require very little musically practice/knowledge to play.
user, my grade 7 and 8 teacher was really into music and made the whole class play orchestra. I did percussion, and was demoted to the triangle or cymbals down from the timpanis whenever possible. Why do you think I'd be any fucking good with a harp?

Because I believe in you user, even if you don't believe in yourself.

Because you're a fucking idiot, that's why. But please, tell me more about how I should learn to do something I know I'm bad at and don't really have an interest in.

>Being this tier stupid
It's like you don't even understand the concept of RPG

Virtually the last thing any game needs is some sperg badly playing on instrument he can barely grasp. Especially if the character is supposedly a pro, but players has hard time with scale.
Going a step further, only show-offs that know few basic riffs with guitar are stupid enough to even consider playing as a bard and go through role-playing the whole thing. It's the easiest way to get rest of the party pissed due to annoying tangling in the background.

Role-playing bards is fun.
Playing instruments at the table is not.
Especially when you are on the receiving end of such bullshit, so you have to hear it as it is, not as how someone imagines own music (a well-known dissonance)

Virtually the last thing any game needs is some sperg badly playing on instrument he can barely grasp. Especially if the character is supposedly a pro, but player has hard time with scale.
Going a step further, only show-offs that know few basic riffs with guitar are stupid enough to even consider playing as a bard and go through role-playing the whole thing. It's the easiest way to get rest of the party pissed due to annoying twanging in the background.

Role-playing bards is fun.
Playing instruments at the table is not.
Especially when you are on the receiving end of such bullshit, so you have to hear it as it is, not as how someone imagines own music (a well-known dissonance)

I wonder what players with wizard PCs are supposed to do to "do it right"

I'm not that guy you were talking to, just wanted to know why you would insult someone who is being nice to you and even complimenting you. That user is nice and the only way he could be considered an idiot is for having faith in someone as miserable and soulless as you. I pray I don't end up in a game with you or anyone like you. Absolutely pathetic, you should be ashamed of yourself.

>Being nice means you can sprout stupid bullshit
It's not working like this.

And nice try, since poster counter didn't move an inch, but hey, nobody is judding, you insecure cunt

>Herr Manelig

Stay virgins until 30.

Music the fits the situation and the bard.

youtube.com/watch?v=RzGQU5VMPdI
youtube.com/watch?v=pLOsviEPS-4
youtube.com/watch?v=JZOI_ndQcDY

NES chiptunes.

Motorhead
youtube.com/watch?v=BmhhVgCD0hg
This one kinda describes adventurer's lifestyle

How do I stick heavy metal in generic fantasy (as a worldbuilder)?
"This stuff was made when gods of War and Music drunk together"?

youtube.com/watch?v=IEJvzhXgufg

You never heard about heavy mithril, a subgenre of power metal?

I did. But how do I justify existence of this music in fantasy world?

>Undead get really mad when this new fad called "death metal" is mentioned around them, and rage when it's associated with them. Old bones still talk about Rolling Modrons.

>dubs checked

And I give you Versengold!
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFk0Mq-3GY

This is how I bard

youtube.com/watch?v=By1b2GLzDUA

Telling jokes and eating summer sausage

Why do you need any justification in the first place? It just exists. Here, done. Any gymnastics to "rationalise" it will be just shit excuse. Stuff happens, because you need it, that's all.

>Why do you need any justification in the first place?
BECAUSE.
I'M CHAOTIC, BUT NOT CHAOTIC ENOUGH TO ALLOW SETTING TO BE INCONSISTENT.

Who are all the pies
Who ate all the pies
Etc etc

Also the old classic: he's fat, he's round, his ass is in the ground

Something like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=l-9VZZWtMfQ

or

youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc

Folk songs and dancing music. And if it's my last bard, absolutely nothing from his homeland because it's all pretty much pic related.

>not playing a bard in a proto germanic setting

youtube.com/watch?v=gY4Yvbm6Tw4

If this doesn't get the barbarian pumped up I don't know what will

Guitar, obviously:
youtube.com/watch?v=dgPjINdENAk
(traditional for the fighter to keep the beat by banging on nearby walls and enemies.)

Do yourself a favour and go watch Heavy Metal. Or any stuff created by Ralph Bakshi. Or read some French-Belgian fantasy comics.
Then preach me about consistency.

youtu.be/nPyAEBe1x4I

youtu.be/PUMCIn2swTU

Is this some kind of germanic Haka? Shits getting me pump.

youtube.com/watch?v=6-G2QRs5O_E&feature=youtu.be

Fucking love that movie.

Watch the movie please.

It's cool to see another person who liked that movie, seen it far too many times.

>not playing a bard in a central asian setting

youtube.com/watch?v=SLF7Fl4SXh8

Gonna have to go watch it again. Way too fucking good. Might watch journey the west, too

I'm really not him but believe what you want friendo. I don't know what he said that was stupid, he just gave you some advice you didn't like. If someone is nice but stupid do you think that makes it fine to insult them? I normally reserve that for dumb and mean people, not dumb but well meaning ones. It's clear you're insulting him because you hate yourself but I guess that's between you and your therapist. I'm not one to judd either.

What more fitting instrument for a mermaid bard than a bass?

Rip my sides

>bass
>not guitar

>Garmarna
Cromdale did it better

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

As a fellow soulless bastard, I too think he was being a bit of an idiot. Well meaning, maybe, but save the method acting for LARP.

>everyone does shit
>why bother doing good stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws
Don't care if it was greenscreen or not, this is what a bard should be like.

Zäta teve.... that was a long time ago.

Bards insult people to kill them and get lots of bitches, so it must be gangsta rap!

something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=c3ZvjTHpb1A

>Anything other than the Chanson de Roland
Anglo-Saxon heathens
t. Catholic Norman master race

>that video