Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Daevic edition! Can you make a daevic as good as an initiator? Or aegis? Let's say level 9? Ssalarn's making Forcestrike work only with hand attacks...

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Akashit Mysteries PDF when?

Doesn't daevic already do the most DPR and that's one of the many reasons people bitch about it?

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

What's your favorite PoW discipline?

Broken Blade for being literally broken.

Thanks for making a discipline that gets GMs to ban Path of War for being overpowered, Jeremy and Andreas!

Real New Thread:

Everyday this thread moves further from god's light.

More like real GARBAGE thread. Get that shit out of the real /pfg/.

STAT him

... wizard 20. Is this a trick question?

Sorcerer 20?

Fool's Errand. The better punching discipline.

Sage sorcerer, I'd say.

Bloodforge is usually banned in games, akasha is usually allowed.

Is the Necklace of Adaptation a good buy if I want to be fucking invincible?

>Bloodforge is banned
What?

>Another way would be to have most classes take talents from any source as part of their base chassis.

>Taking Slayer, Rogue, Ninja, and Vigilante Talents and allowing any non caster to use their bonus feats to select them while making the talents a 'pool' for those classes that use 'talents' is an interesting idea. I'll have to playtest that.

Bring forth this idea

Why the fuck are you furry spergs not playing Dungeon World instead?

>what is narrative combat

Hourglass, with Flux as a close second.

A game I played with friends when I was like 5 y.o.

How does that hook feel through your lip?

Something I do when I play freeform RPs. I regularly play multiple systems with my group, what the fuck's this "instead" bullshit you're on about?

How does that black cock feel in your wife's pussy?

stay mad bait-taker

Hilarious and original!

>Implying I use degenerate initiating at my table

You're half right.

Hahahaha is this OP serious? Why 2 shit furbait OPs in a row.

How do I build a knife master rogue? Seeing as most of the time my rogues use a knife type weapon anyway, I figured it would be worth a shot and well face a good amount of enemies with light blades too.

The one and only daevic build that doles out stupendously high damage per round would be the Wrath (Vengeance) daevic, and even then, that is just about all it can do. If rumors in the previous thread are true, then Ssalarn is to downgrade that build by having Forcestrike Knuckles apply only to hand-based natural attacks, which would bar off bites, gores, tail slaps, rakes, and the like.

A good way to see how the daevic lies in tier 4 would be to compare it to the aegis, which lies in the uppermost reaches of tier 3 for sheer flexibility. Both of these are full BAB, d10 HD, 4 base skill point classes with a mechanical theme of "pick your at-will or pseudo-at-will abilities at the start of each day."

While a daevic's essence is barely passable, the daevic has a meager amount of veils shaped; for instance, at 9th-level, two passion veils and two non-passion veils are simply not enough for an appreciable amount of combat and noncombat customization. The aegis, meanwhile, has enough customization points to give itself a staggering amount of room to tweak their build to the needs of the adventuring day, with much room to spare; an aegis can acquire martial maneuvers, psionic powers, and, yes, daevic veils anyway, including the Crimson Totem which it can use less wastefully than an actual daevic.

It does not help that the aegis uses Intelligence as opposed to the daevic's Charisma. The latter ability score has trouble vindicating itself in the face of Intelligence short of oft-vetoed Leadership and even sketchier ghost syrup.

Since the aegis is viewed as *too* flexible by some (not by me, but by others), perhaps a more ideal balance point for the daevic might be a "4" on a scale where the daevic is a "1" and the aegis is a "5."

How would you stat up a Mimic to be a race for a player character?

3pp allowed at all?

Ew. No.

Only if the gm looks over it and says yes

Go look at the Legendary Rogue from Legendary Games, it's in the Trove. It helps unfuck the class a bit, and makes it at least sorta decent in whatever shit you spec into.

Also, to add insult to injury, the aegis has a 2-point customization that grants the aegis essence equal to half the aegis's class level, and the warlord has a new archetype (veiled lord) that can grant a Crimson Totem at 1st-level and a Robe of the Forgotten Deity at 6th-level.

Between these aegis and warlord options and the prerequisite-lightened Shape Veil feat, it truly does seem that the best of the veils are more effective in the hands of akasha-dabblers than in the employ of full veilweavers. That is quite ironic.

I do not think it would be much more involved than simply playing an Unchained rogue with the Knife Master archetype and using a pair of kukris. If your GM allows Path of War material, you might consider taking up the hidden blade archetype and multiattacking with Riven Hourglass and Thrashing Dragon.

If the GM allows *both* the Path of War hidden blade and the legendary rogue, then the rogue becomes quite a competent class indeed.

Well there is an Archetype called the Knife Master, which stacks with the good Rogue Archetypes (Scout + Rake/Thug). Get a kukri, run up on people with charges that do full SA damage and Intimidate them to death.

See if your DM allows Rogue Archetypes for the Unchained Rogue, as well.

Probably Golden Lion. Something I find very enjoyable about all that Tactical Shouting.

>mfw the progressive liberal free-thinkers with a "lust for life" in Galt devolved into raving lunatics obsessed with gimmedats and blood

>look at last thread
>all that PoW butthurt
>"martials don't have 'spellbooks'!" - t. Man who has never seen a handbook of martial techniques
>Vigilante shitposting

Man, what the fuck happened last night. I'm a huge slut for the vig, but that shit is on a whole new level.

>mfw I made a character from Galt

Hey lads, Hon Hon Dragonslayer here, and I wanted to ask a question; what is a good ultimate goal for this guy? Should he try to kill Citizen Goss and restore Galt to a proper monarchy, with him as the first king?

How do I even do that with 10 Charisma?

> restore Galt to a proper monarchy
u wot m8

As good a goal as any for an upstanding gentleman. Though perhaps he's not aiming for the crown himself, simply a position of comfortable aristocratic prestige that he feels the revolution has denied him?

Napoleon did a pretty good job at turning a bunch of guillotine-thirsty revolutionaries into an Empire.

It was worth it when 2hu got BTFO for not knowing how daevics worked, right?

Can the Unchained Rogue use its Rogue Talent to get a Ninja Trick to get "Rogue Talent" so that they can get an old rogue talent that they no longer can normally get (like Offensive Defense)?

I see no rules against this, other than "A rogue cannot choose a ninja trick with the same name as a rogue talent", but the ninja trick is being used on "Rogue Talent" (which is not a name of any Rogue Talent) to get Offensive Defense.

I need to know this not for me, but for a friend who is building a dual-wielding unchained rogue who can (with this talent) hit 22 to 28 AC per round at lvl 5. This is the loophole he is using and I'm just trying to make sure there is no errata or anything that will stop him from doing it.

What classes need unchaining the most? Gunslinger? Cavalier? Brawler? Swashbuckler?

He's still spewing his cancer though. Dude has a strong jaw for sure.

Well, Brawler's not bad, and Cavalier can lancecannoncharge pretty easily. Gunslinger and swashbuckler could use a boost, though. Probably the latter more than the former, but until then, we always have the homebrew UCswash.

Fighter. Scrap all the classes you mentioned and roll them into the fighter as specializations.

Cavaliers have tons of issues. How's the UC swashbuckler home brew? Are there any other UC home brews?

I know, right?

Why are we listening to anything he has to say about akasha again? Or anything?

That's really fucking stupid. You have bad opinions.

I know DepressedAnon has a UC Fighter and Swashbuckler.

I thought he was doing a Cav too, but I think it fell by the wayside because he didn't know how to make it not-shit when unmounted while not being a wish-i-was-a-pallie.

Tempest gale, loved it on my hawkguard warder. Disarming in a single round an ambush of 6 bandits was hilarious.

Alright, so if 2hu's wrong about everything and he's saying the daevic is T4, that means it's really like T2-3 or around there, right?

It's not too bad. Take a look yourself, if you like.

>people bitch about fighter having no fluff
>all those classes are just "fighter with x"
>merging the fuckload of superfluous classes is stupid

It's never going to happen, but that doesn't make it an intrinsically bad idea.
t. Vigilante

I've been around. I did work on my initiating class instead. Most of the issue is not gave a PC for extended periods of time. I'm on my phone at the moment, I won't be near a computer again until this Saturday. I've actually done an early draft if UC gunslinger as well. I would link the UC fighter but can't on my phone. Would someone do it for me?

I'd say cavalier, but why not just make a hybrid class of the gunslinger and the cavalier?

Riding on your steed's back while you shoot people down cowboy style? We need some of that in Pathfinder. Luring Cavalier is shit and don't even mention it

Just admire his strong autism.

I got the googledoc.
docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit

Well Daevic is high 4 or low 3.

Aegis is low 3 not high 3 like he states since even with all that variability all Aegis is good for is combat.

I actually did make one of the orders a gun order. It's one of the three mounted ranged orders and the one with elemental themes as well. The archery one is fey. The crossbow one I haven't found a creature type to give it mounts from yet.

>I actually did make one of the orders a gun order
I don't know how you could make that work, what with the class being so charge focused. This seems like the job for an entirely new class, rather than a simple order/archetype for an already existing class.

Thank you. I honestly do not know what tier this becomes. If I had a guess it's probably high tier 4/low tier 3 maybe. I've actually also thought of rewriting a few of my favorite archetypes specifically for this (mutation warrior, eldritch guardian, lore warden)

That's one of the reasons it's design is taking so long, because of questions like this.

I'm moving soon. The place I'm moving to doesn't seem to have a gaming store. How do I find a group to play pathfinder with?

Okay, this? This is good. I like this, and I want to see more. iirc, you can take all of those training abilities as regular/bonus feats, right? Because that shit's exactly what the fighter needed.

>>what is narrative combat
A combat that it's impossible to actually lose, so why even bother?

Yes I should add at the end an Extra Equipment Training feat. Also I'm always looking to add more. Do you have any out of combat things it makes sense for a soldery character to do? Doesn't have to be mechanics, just a concept and I'll see what I can do.

Mithril Current. If I'm gonna go weeb, I'm gonna go full weeb.

Also I have been thinking of giving an additional benefit to Man In Uniform if you're wearing parade armor.

I'd poach things from the vigilante's social talents, desu. Hell, I'd poach more shit from the vigilante in general. Also adding reasons to invest in each mental stat (mainly cha) would be swell.

I've already done this to a degree. A lot of them are not in theme so it's difficult. Vigilante is a great class partially because it's flavor is so clear. I've had a hard time going from masked fighter to career soldier for flavor, to a degree.

Riven Hourglass

Did anyone here play the Modern Path 2.0? I took a lot at it and it seemed very cool (although a little small in content). What are your thoughts about it?

Do we know what all is being changed for Starfinder? Will there be entirely new classes and mechanics, or just races/equipment/fluff/maybe an archetype or two?

Because it's a terrible game, and there are much, MUCH better rules-light games out there if that's your thing.

I don't know, user.

If you wanted a nice sandwich, and someone instead suggested that you eat a cracker with a piece of american cheese and processed packaged ham, what would you tell them?

>Parry and Riposte isn't based on attacks of opportunity anymore

I'm not sure. The whole focus on Bluffing doesn't make sense to me either; yes, you're confounding enemy defenses with your agility and movement, but it isn't as if we're a rogue with Canny Tumble. We're sitting there fencing them and just doing it better.

It's supposed to be a standalone game, so they'll certainly at least print out a bunch of races and classes and all the other stuff needed in a corebook. How different they'll be from Pathfinder is the real question, but I would assume that they won't just reprint fighter with slightly different proficiencies.

Knowing Paizo, assuming that they wouldn't just reprint fighter in Starfinder is a pretty big assumption.

What's a good Cleric Domain to snag for an Incanter dip? I already took Memory. Trying to cook up a destruction caster.

If a familiar has hands (ie thumbs) could it use a weapon?
Could a monkey?
Which improved familiars actually could use a weapon?

Mostly trying to coup de grace things with my familiar.

Why not just coup de grace with their natural attack?

Because it's not x4 crit, I'd assume.

Protip: Use a Mouthpick Weapon from 3.5.

I prefer BB to FE, honestly. FE is a bit too wuxia for my tastes.

BB is mostly fine if you stick to unarmed attacks, but there's *issues* with greatswords and other garbage that should have been outside the scope of BB.

>Also, to add insult to injury, the aegis has a 2-point customization that grants the aegis essence equal to half the aegis's class level, and the warlord has a new archetype (veiled lord) that can grant a Crimson Totem at 1st-level and a Robe of the Forgotten Deity at 6th-level.
Didn't Aegis get nerfed down to 1/3rd essence or 1/4th essence? I know the rogue talent only gives that much.?

>there's *issues* with greatswords and other garbage that should have been outside the scope of BB.
Let's assume you use improved unarmed strikes without any damage improvements as your weapon of choice, dealing 1d3+str damage per hit.

At character level 5, it's trivial to know the Pugilist Stance, the Bronze Knuckle boost, and the Steel Flurry Strike.
By combining the three, you deal 21d6+3*str damage as a standard+swift. At level fucking 5.

At a -2 to hit. for all attacks

Iron Tortoise, because actually being able to use a shield effectively is fun!

The Fool's Errand version is -2 to hit with all attacks and no bonus damage.

Sure, let's go level 3, then.
Same stance, same boost, regular Flurry Strike.

No attack penalties, 6d6+2d3+2*str damage. All possible at level 3.

At the very least, Ratfolk and Androids are core races for Starfinder.

Or even level 1.
Replace the boost with strength of hell (Black Seraph).
Here you actually get +2 to attack rather than any penalty.
You also deal 4d6+2d3+2*str damage.

All with 1d3 unarmed strikes, mind you.

-2 isn't much of a trade off for 1d3+1d6(Stance)+3d6(Strike)+2d6(Boost), three times.

Don't forget STR!

Assuming every attack hits, that hits slightly harder than a raging Orc Bararian.

So at worse, you're deleting a single target boss, gratz.