WHFB - Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General:
Good guys edition

Link to last thread:
Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion as both ET and Age of Sigmar are considered generally non-canon for the purpose of this thread.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Rescued WHFRP 2e Fan Material (Please download and post any material you find not in this collection)
mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones/description
mega.nz/#!V94gBRoT
mega.nz/#!B1xXCY6I
mega.nz/#!h1YRwbwB
mega.nz/#!xwYHCTzR
mega.nz/#!15JzFSDD!5N1DUfPUFhqvErtXb07Kmk7U_Uu5aK4YgfjLxk1Wr1E
mega.nz/#!dkomyToC!eTniXFFk6abtAcieX-uMY3ZMVzYZm6vv7jSGKbwrMBY
youtube.com/watch?v=BPFoV1RREfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bim bam bom bumpebop
wake up fellas

Bubbadubba

>mfw getting two Diaz Daemonettes, including the multibreast one, for $6 each

I noticed a trend, where the diaz ones go for much more if the name is mentioned on the auction
as opposed to someone just selling "old daemonettes"

Yeah, OOP is a good keyword. Also searching "Juan Daemonette" and "Diaz Daemonette" separately.

What's a good blurb of lore in an army book that you guys would like to see become a campaign?

What would happen if you added the Endless to Warhammer? Would they be greater or lesser than the Chaos Gods?
Would the meddle in the mortal world?

Forgot my pic.

I posted this a few threads back and have been agonizing over it ever since. Please help me choose the right army for T9A.

> Goblins
Fluffed as a scrap-city out in the Border Princes, a real hive of scum and villainy ruled by a Goblin who has learned that men will fight and die for gold.
Pure Goblins, strong emphasis on Chariots, Scrap Wagons and War Machines. Led by a heavily-armoured Goblin King with his pair of Giant guards.

> Lizardmen
Fluffed as Fishmen, from a temple city that sunk to the seafloor and found a Cthulhu knockoff. Trying to interpret it's insane dreams as though it were an Old One with lots of body horror, gribbly monsters and fishy conversions.
Extremely Skink-heavy with lots of flying units and monsters. Bastiladon-Crabs, Carnosaur-Sharks and Trog-Kaiju knockoffs.

Please help me choose. Maybe leave it to dubs.

Look at eBay. What will you have an easier time getting?

Well...the Reaper Bones Kickstarter 3 ships in August, and should be in stores by Christmas. Very Lovecraft-heavy, even has a VERY nice Dagon.

kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones/description

So that is probably the cheaper option if you can wait. Its also what I personally would do, but then again its your army and you have to enjoy it on your shelf, on the build, painting, and playing.

What is your opinion about how Total War Warhammer is lore friendly?

Like Mannfred's voice, the way they made the cities's buildings, Norscan landscapes, etc...

Pretty close. Since the comparison is End Times and AoS, it looks a LOT better though.

Okay I've been exposed to AoS way too much in this past week, I only have a GW locally to play in so have been consigned to just 40k for a year...

What can I do to be rebellious and petty without getting myself banned? I kinda want to do something like that.

I thought they did extremely well for themselves.
One of my favourite bits is a Dwarf event where it suggests that a Grudge might be worth dropping in favour of mercy. It then gives you 2 options, both of which say 'no'.
And for all the hate it attracts, the whole Empire-VC and Dwarf-OG pairing is completely justified within the lore. You can still invade, sack and raze that shit, but too right an Orc won't piss around rebuilding Altdorf.
Everyone briefly unites when Chaos rolls around and the VC can use it as leverage for an Imperial Alliance. Bretonnia are all scheming dickholes and just begging to be plundered.

Really, I'd say that I've only found 2 lore 'issues' and they are so minor that it should serve as a signal of how happy I am with the rest of it.
> Marienburg is not part of the Empire and should not mention the Empire in diplomacy options
> Night Goblins should not share a building with Black Orcs and should arguably be region-locked to the mountains, just as Savages are for the south.

> Night Goblins should not share a building with Black Orcs
What is wrong with this? is there a bit of lore I missed stating they don't work with eachother?

Also Night Goblins can be found in pretty much every cave

last thread an user suggested giving beastmen a minor god of their own, which sparked a bit of imagination to flesh out the thing basing on something which should be fairly obvious, here's what I came up with:
>god of anarchic freedom, unbiased opposition and rule of the wild
>imagined as a multicephalic beastman with dark feathered wings and bird-like taloned hands
>common symbols are the 2 moons, forcefully held in place by the god: moorslieb ascendant in its left hand, mannslieb descendant in its right one; crows and birds of prey are also common as messengers and part of its spirit (making up its wings in more complex representations)
>its horns are often represented locking into each others in a parody of the branches of a tree; its multiple heads vary in design but are commonly 3, with a mixture of alive and skeletal features; their eyes either hidden by tatters (which will feature multiple marks over them, comprised stylized eyes) or in multiples of 5 in total
>of all the gods, this is perhaps the less humanoid in mind as its wills appear to be the result of subconscious reactions and animalistic instincts, rather than planned machinations, even many of its beastmen followers may look like possessing more reason
>the god does not possesses a static realm of its own (for how much static can a place in the realm of chaos be), it instead stalks the otherwordly labyrinthine beastpaths directly under the shadow of morrslieb in the immaterial dimensions; halting its roaming to climb one of the many solitary incised rocky pillars that continously grow in that place in the hope to finally reach the warpstone moon, to perform dark rites or to have a higher ground from where to call its kindred beastmen to war wherever they are with its cavernous howls
1/2

Play T9A. Its with GW models after all.

Or start a Blood Bowl league. But that may benefit them later, so not very rebellious.

I guess just start mixing non-GW models in your army? They can't kick you out of PUGs, just tourneys.

"Look at my new Avatars of War mini! Couldn't find a Champion I really liked from Citadel, and everyone just uses the same guy."

How did you fix the 2e rpg magic system Veeky Forums? Because straight out of the book it's almost unplayable.

Start a Tomb Kings army, on square bases naturally, and go on really enthusiastically about it all the time. Don't spend a single cent in store whilst constructing it, not even paints.

They come from different regions, have totally different lifestyles and needs, and both are bossy little shits who need a Warboss present to not tear each other new dropholes.

In fact, Night Gobbo alchemy+Black Orc smithing in the same building should result in a mushroom cloud within the day.

Sounds more like punishing the redshirts than giving GW the finger.

Phase 1: Become the manager of one of the one man stores.

Phase 2: Be honest, friendly and helpful to the customers.

oh,I have not played TW:WH so I didn't realise what were you talking about
Greenskins are generaly little shits that need a stronger little shit to not fight eachother

That's downright evil.

1. Night Goblins should not be a Tier 2/3 unit. They are 3pts ingame and fielded in fucking massive hordes, it should not be a requirement to build up an empire before fielding them. I should be capable of spawning hordes of the little cunts and siege Eight Peaks right from the word go.
2. Goblins come from caves and mountains, Black Orcs are migrants from the Dark Lands. These should not be represented by a single building.

Ideally you'd have common building chains for Orcs and Goblins that span all the generic shit and cavalry / war machines. T3 gives Blorcs.
Then a NG-specific chain that is only available in the Eastern regions that spawns Night Goblins, Fanatics, Squigs and Stone Trolls.
And a Savage chain only available in the south for all the Savages, Boars and Big 'Unz,
And finally, Forests only available in wooded / Empire regions for the Spiders.

The reason Night Goblins are not available immediately is because they gave them poison attacks which makes them much more valuable than normal goblins
Anyhow

My favourite part of the game is probably the fact that you can see Skavenblight on the map
Got glad as hell when i found it

>as the god desires to reach the warpstone moon and its dominion alone in the sky, it often founds rivalry in the great horned rat who more than anything wills to cast it down and devour its essence; when the trails of warpstone meteors colour the night sky, as well as the skaven, the beastmen will flock to the sites of impact to claim the resource for their own god, be it to fuel rabid engines or to erect a dark monument
>the god isn't held in high regards by the other chaotic powers, nor it has true daemons stemming from its being; this is partially due to the birth of the god itself: while being referred to by its followers as a motherly entity (in fact it is mainly featured, for how monstrous, with a feminine body), this god didn't exist in the warp prior to the birth of the beastmen during the great catastrophe, it spawned later, supposedly from a will, or perhaps even a single being, that managed to ascend to godhood on its own like an alpha predator would stand up in the tumultuous new environments spawned by the chaos gods twisting the mortal world
>the god rose as a capricious entity, unwilling to be a slave of other powers, despite sharing many of their aspects and destructive intentions, and prone to guide its kindred beastmen too to break the chains imposed by the gods on what they believe to be their mutated playthings; in this regards, the god is particularly opposed to slaanesh, as the dark prince is both the one giving more attentions to his beastmen among his mortal armies and the one mistreating them the most in favor of daemons and humans
>the god's shamanistic representative on the world will bear mutations akin to it: either one or a mix of dark wings, bird-claws, multiple heads, twisting antlers, blindness or numerous eyes
>the sacred number of the god is 5, its symbols the star representing the directions of its heads and horns, the crow and the inner eyes
>its name Bamoth

rather solid, I think, I can't really find much against it.

I'd say mark of chaos maybe managed to do better certain atmospheres, but then again both in setting and meta wise, they stand for different periods of warhammer.

I have to say fishmen themed armies seem to end up having bad results; plus lizardmen getting somehow corrupted is a bad idea, fluff-wise.

Iron-gobbos really would look fun as hell to convert and fluff events, locations and names for.

I didn't get a reply in last thread before it archived but does anyone have a better scan of the Warhammer 8th edition rulebook? The one in the MEGA is pretty poor quality photos and BL has a digitised version which I'm sure someone must have bought? I have a BRB but I don't want to have to lug it around and damage it.

How bad is it? I could scan mine. My scanner is mediocre, and I'm not splitting the binding for hugher quality either.

It's just someone with a camera taking photos, many pages are different resolutions, not centred and blurry as fuck. I mean, it's readable but it's a pain in the arse. To be honest if no one has the digital version I'll probably buy it myself and share it but this wont be for a month or more and I assumed someone would have it since all the 40K codex's are the digital version.

i didnt even know that there are digital versions of it

You want the .mobi or the .epub?
epub is ~70 mb
mobi is ~150mb

Dumbass Bretonnian knights errant going to slay dragons only to find out it was lizardmen and they got rekt

What would those guys be?

Anyone found any neat easter eggs in Total War: Warhammer?
So far I've found Skavenblight and some stone altar-y things alluding to either beastmen or wood elves

Anthropomorphic aspects of the universe, from one of the greatest fictional works of all time. Which is a shitload of comics and novels.

Niel Gaiman's Sandman.

The Endless are manifestations of the universe in a setting where all fiction exists, all things are true, and none of it.

Morpheus AKA Sandman AKA Dream is the main character. His siblings are Desire, Delirium (long ago was Delight), Despair, Destruction, Destiny, and Death.

You ever watch that Lucifer TV series they had a few years ago? Spinoff of Sandman, Lucifer gave the gates to hell to Moroheus and quit to fuck around with mortals, so ALL pantheons and fictiona came to petition for it while Death/Delirium/Despair had to round up the damned of the multiverse.

Its getting its own TV series soon.

tl;dr Terry Pratchett style stuff.

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

Relax, it's a mod

Is a no Fiend Slaanesh Daemon army okay? Like replace them completely with chariots?

I was going to proxy them, but the more I think about it the more I just don't want them at all.

>manage to get lucky enough to get a whole squad of the old metal daemonettes
>realize I don't even use daemons for anything and hate the idea of them just sitting on a shelf or being counts-as

Those asses tho.

mega.nz/#!V94gBRoT

mega.nz/#!B1xXCY6I

Get them while they are hot!

Needs key.

let's try this again:
mega.nz/#!h1YRwbwB
mega.nz/#!xwYHCTzR

trying again:
mega.nz/#!15JzFSDD!5N1DUfPUFhqvErtXb07Kmk7U_Uu5aK4YgfjLxk1Wr1E

mega.nz/#!dkomyToC!eTniXFFk6abtAcieX-uMY3ZMVzYZm6vv7jSGKbwrMBY

My appreciation, man.

Lucky bastards.

The only real flaw with the Diaz daemonettes is the nearly nonexistent thumb-claw, because I really like fullblown pincers a lot more than mere scythe-hands.

What exactly is wrong with it?

>And finally, Forests only available in wooded / Empire regions for the Spiders.
Well, I sorta almost like the regional occupation rules.

>> Marienburg is not part of the Empire and should not mention the Empire in diplomacy options
Also you can get the line "No! Not for all the gold in Marienburg!" and "Very well, but I trust you about as far as a gaggle of Marienburgers" ...From Marienburg.

Also the empire has too many pine forests, they're majority deciduous till you hit the northern reaches.

I guess since they can't uyse scraggly Bret/ southern realms trees and it's hard to direct a battle with huge honkin oaks, beeches, etc blocking the way they decided to use pines for the Empire?

Real world Germany has the Black Forest in the more southern areas, and they probably wanted to make the Empire feel unique.

Isn't Marienburg supposed to be basically the Netherlands?

Basically the Netherlands or Flemming or Belgium or whatever.

The Araby crusades

Settra leading his FUCK YOU CHAOS Crusade/genocide through Norsca

That battle mentioned in the dwarf book where a massive horde of ogres invades the Moot and gets put down in the greatest concentration of artillery ever seen

That time the High elves and the hosts of Settra fought side by side against a huge chaos daemon invasion

Gor-rok marching to naggaroth and Reking the dark elves while having a lance through his chest

The civil war between all the colleges of Magic that almost resulted in the destruction of Altdorf

>That battle mentioned in the dwarf book where a massive horde of ogres invades the Moot and gets put down in the greatest concentration of artillery ever seen
Wasn't there also a time when Averland or Stirland invaded the moot and only got chased OFF by the Ogres?

Not sure, but the Ogres REALLY want to take the moot. Not only is it loaded with food, but they can also ditch their gnoblars and get halfling slaves who can cook much better food. and they control the trade going in and out, so they'd get very rich from trading with th empire. I want to say that the invasion that got stopped by the dwarfs was a precursor to Greasus Goldtooths plan to conquer new lands since the mountains of mourn were over populated If the end times didn't happen, and Chaos didn't always have to be the BBEG, we might have had a full scale Ogre invasion of the southern empire be a major event. I'd love to see What Karl Franz would do in the face of such an event, especially if he couldn't stop them. Perhaps use his political maneuvering to get the Ogres to settle the Middle Mountains and Drakwald, and take care of the beastmen problem at the same time?

Man do i love Beastmen.

I feel like they should be a major threat in lore, even more so than the distant warriors of Norsca and beyond.
I mean, raiders from the north come down only once in a while. Beastmen are always there, watching and waiting to get their claws on you

Thank you, now I can read it on the train but still look normal.

i think my favourite part of beastmen is the secret war fluff between them and the wood elves
Makes me think, is Morghur still alive or is he dead-dead after Ariel smi... smite.. smited? smote? him

Painted my first ever Mini.
Not sure if I want to get into war gaming at all I mostly painted it for practice, mainly learning to paint for table tops of the RPG variety.

But I did want to show it off I think I did okay?

I thought morghur couldn't truly die, being more a concept than a single being

Can someone add this to the Resource MEGA or will they keep taking it down?

Looks decent from what I can tell with the image quality
Not getting into the wargame aspect of it is fine, you can just collect or use them for rpgs
Always wanted to do the rpg thing myself but never used mats etc.

If you want to try out the wargame part of it, you can use pieces of cardboard or something for units and play it out like that

The cloak is the bit I'm most happy with.

Yeah me and my roomate might just have to try before we go all out and start buying armies for any game we are interested in.

RPG's are a ton of fun if you have the right people to play with. The Mat/Map and Mini's thing will be new for us but I think it should help immensely with combat.

Quick, whats a good color Scheme for Warriors of Chaos?

How come all beastmen are savage, even the turnskins?

I am sure even beastmen woudl enjoy the luxuries of civilized lifestyle.

Chaos Gods programming. Civilization and ordered wholesome things enrage them.

Are there dwrves worshiping the big four or are all chaos dwarves into their special god?

As far as I know, no chaos dwarf worships anyone beyond Hashut. I guess nothing else quite fits the mold, since they seem fairly organized.

God?

Khorne - iron and red
Nurgle - flesh pink with green cracks
Tzeentch - TASTE THE RAINBOW
Slaanesh - purple and black

The Chaos Dwarfs from Norsca worship the big four.

>be a priest
>no magic at all until you get second profession
>second profession gets amazing spells like +5% to hit
>every time you cast them there is 10% chance of going insane
>start third profession and finally get some real spells and two magic dice
>but now every time you cast there is 10% chance of Wrath of Gods that include things like taking d10 damage ignoring TB & AP
>become archpriest
>now there is 20% chance of Wrath of Gods
>actually good spells have casting value of 25 when you roll 3d10 max which means 5.6% chance of a successful cast

It's simply broken. 1e magic was OP as fuck, but they went too far with nerfing it. Lores are also utterly imbalanced with each other and half of the spells are simply useless. And a high TB guy in armor can tank all spells like they were nothing.

What Lores are actually worth using?

I was looking at Frost Magic for a game.

In my personal headcanon, Morghur is the closest thing to a daemon prince the beastmen have, or maybe is a beastmen who managed to sell his soul for immortality or something like it.

When he dies, his spirit takes over the body of another beastman, a bray shaman, and warps it into his original form

I dodn't know there were chaos dwarfs in norsca.

I know the regular dwarves have a stronghold called kraka drak, but afaik they're good old fashoned dwarves, fighting an endless siege

Play D&D.

Nah, go with his real lore.

Morghur is greater than any Daemon Prince (bar Based'kor). He is an elemental of Chaos. It's unknown how he can to be or if he is really is a beastman. He can never die (except in the end times when he disappeared) as long as Chaos exists. He is at the level of mortal gods like Ariel and Orion.

But Bel'akor is shit.

And a "personification of chaos" makes no sense, it would mean giving form to something that is infinite

There's a reason he corrupts everything atound him into spawns.

But Beastmen of Slaanesh should appreciate order and beauty. Same with Nurgle.

Because they're Always Chaotic Evil versions of something GW stole from Glorantha.

Why haven't Skaven managed to tunnel into Ulthuan?

Excess and Decay are pretty far from order.

Its the "Chaos=all" philosophy.

Khorne destroys, Tzeentch changes. Slaanesh improves, Nurgle organizes.

Ice Magic is one of the best. Especially if your GM allows turning every spell into extended casting.

Metal and Heaven are also good.

magic barriers and stuffs

GW can kick you out for using non citadel models if you don't remove it from the table.

It's store by store on whether is has to be 100% citadel or if things like headswaps are allowed

they're a parable for black people

just ready to chimp out and shit over someone's elses stuff because they don't have it

It hovers

Would any of you classy gents direct me at Fighting Pit PDF or maybe even Arena of Blood? Those were some tiny supplements for tiny gladiator games...

the connection of the continent to its tectonic ground crumbled long ago; it floats thanks to magic and the rats usually can't make tunnels in water.

First edition had some of the most interesting rules for evil wizards getting bad traits and going insane.

I liked the idea of someone being a necromancer or a demonologist and having to think about how casting bigger spells and binding demons etc. is really powerful and useful but will also turn them into a disfigured insane mutant if they do it too much.

Great for roleplaying too.

You can troll the hell out of them by using Oldhammer minis. Shit from pre-Warhammer Citadel.

Once you prove it a few times, you'll be able to use whatever you want because they'll assume all your shit is Oldhammer. None of the redshirts know anything not current anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=BPFoV1RREfA

New Total War Warhammer stuff.

>None of the redshirts know anything not current anyway.

A-ha-ha ha...
My redshirts all have giant oldhammer collections. they know man, they know.

Oh, you meant old rules. Yeah I saw you in the AoS thread but was confused by what you meant.

Here you go.