Dragonball Quest #62

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

King Piccolo

>>youtube.com/watch?v=hzYw9NaxE9g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IcsyzQFRB7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As the creature comes closer, you and Krillin prepare yourselves.

There's little you can do, even together. You're both injured and exhausted, so if this creature is anywhere near as tough as it likes to talk, you're in a world of trouble.

But, you aren't out of energy yet, and you aren't going to roll over and die. You've been in worse situations before.

Opening your mouth wide, you let loose a powerful blast of light from your gullet, one which shoots right at the creature.

Tambourine gives a look of surprise just before the blast strikes him, and through the explosion, you can see him being thrown up to the ceiling, which he slams against.

He drops down, landing in a crouch and chuckling to himself.

"I see, you're no ordinary human," he comments, standing back up. "You know an amusing trick."

He smirks. "But, it's hardly original. I can do it too."

Tambourine opens his mouth wide, and you see a light glowing from within it. A moment later, a wave of light just like your Bear Shout explodes from within the monster, and shoots toward you.

>A. Dodge! (40)

>B. Stand your ground and take it

>C. Try to deflect it (80)

>D. Something else

>>A. Dodge! (40)

>A. Dodge! (40)

>>A. Dodge! (40)

ROLL

Rolled 13 (1d100)

Lets go!

Rolled 1 (1d100)

Rolled 45 (1d100)

Rolled 65 (1d100)

phew

>666
Yeah this thread is going to be hell

Jesus, it's going to be a long night, buckle in.

Tofoo's gonna fuckin' die.

King Kai saga early?

Nah, if we get killed by Piccolo or his sons, we don't get to go to Otherworld.

You and Krillin quickly leap out of the way. Krillin makes it to safety rather easily, but you move a bit too slowly, just barely avoiding the blast and the ensuing destruction it causes.

The wall struck by Tambourine's blast is obliterated, much of it being reduced to ashes in the initial explosion and the rest crumbling to the ground as a result. The announcer lets out a terrified cry, crawling away from the wall he's near and getting into a fetal position.

"Slippery little vermin," Tambourine remarks. "But you can't outrun me forever."

His eyes rest on you, then slowly move over to Krillin, who waits in a fighting stance.

You get into a similar stance, waiting for what's next.

"So, who wants to die first?"

>A. Attack him, head-on! (75)

>B. Challenge him to attack you, then get ready to defend (85)

>C. Kamehameha

>D. Afterimage Attack

>E. Charge with Krillin

>F. Something else

>D. Afterimage Attack

Whats the dc to do that speed attack with Krillin together?

Please tell me we arn't wearing our weighted clothing, I hope Krillin isn't either.

>D. Afterimage Attack
Where's the announcer? Can we tell him to go get Goku and pals? Or Tien and pals?

You're too tired to move that fast

No

>>C. Kamehameha

>Try not to die
>Die a lot

You aren't about to just wait around for this monster to kill you.

Without a word, you rush toward Tambourine, the smirking monster waiting patiently for you to arrive.

Leaping at him, you watch as he readies himself to strike you down, only for his eyes to go wide as you suddenly fade away with his attack.

While he's focused on the illusion you left behind, you make your move, attacking from behind and kicking him in the back of the head with all of the force you can muster.

The results are not as good as you'd hoped. While he clearly feels the attack, and is sent stumbling forward by it, it seems to do little more than irritate him.

"You're going to die for that," he promises, turning to face you.

Before he can make good on his threat, Krillin attacks, jumping up and throwing a punch at the creature's face. Tambourine leans out of the way, causing Krillin to miss him entirely.

Krillin isn't done, however, and quickly continues attacking, his speed catching Tambourine off-guard and allowing him to get several kicks to the beast's stomach, and a good uppercut to the jaw.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to have much more effect than your own attack did, and Tambourine sends Krillin flying back with a kick.

Krillin shoots past your head, falling to the floor somewhere behind you. You stand face to face with the monster, who frowns down at you.

"Ready to die?" he asks, raising a clawed hand and striking.

>A. Evade it! (80)

>B. Bear Shout, quickly! (95)

>C. Catch his arm and stop his attack (85)

>D. Afterimage

>E. Something else

>>A. Evade it! (80)

we're so dead

>C. Catch his arm and stop his attack (85)

>A. Evade it! (80)

DC to use our light shoots as a small burst to push him away from us and allow us to get up quickly.

>D. Afterimage

>>A. Evade it! (80)

Your light shots won't have the power to do that

Not even if we combine both hands?

No

Guys, we're going to have to break the Dragonball.

ROLL

Rolled 75 (1d100)

Power of dice!

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Rolled 46 (1d100)

tofoo going to die tonight

Rolled 6 (1d100)

ffff

Chichi's chichis to the rescue!

You don't think you have the strength to stop that attack, and your techniques are either too weak or not fast enough.

Tambourine's claw-strike misses you by centimeters at most as you move to your left to avoid it. His followup strike with his left hand comes even closer, but you manage to jump back at the last minute to avoid it.

"Hold still!" the monster orders, chasing after you.

He strikes at you again, but you manage to duck beneath it. Unfortunately, the kick he follows with hits you in the jaw, sending you slamming into the ceiling.

The air leaves your lungs as your back strikes the hard surface, and as you begin to fall back toward the ground, Tambourine leaps up to meet you.

You close your eyes, knowing that this time, you won't be able to stop it.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

You open your eyes just in time to see Tambourine struck with a blue wave of energy. The force of the explosion sends you crashing against the ceiling again as Tambourine is enveloped by smoke.

You fall to the ground, luckily avoiding being killed by the creature as you slam down on your stomach.

Groaning in pain, you flip yourself over so you're lying on your back, and able to look up.

Tambourine hovers in the air above you, looking quite unharmed.

"What was that?" he asks Krillin, who stands not far from you, struggling to catch his breath.

>A. Bear Shout up at Tambourine with what energy you have left

>B. Get up and get ready to defend yourself

>C. Get up and charge at the monster

>D. Something else

>A. Bear Shout up at Tambourine with what energy you have left

Okay, so obviously we aren't going to win if we keep fighting, even with Krillin. I propose we bravely run away.
>D. Make a run for it and shout for Krillin to run too.

>D. Grab Krillin and run?

>>A. Bear Shout up at Tambourine with what energy you have left

>>A. Bear Shout up at Tambourine with what energy you have left

>D. While he's confused, grab the announcer and run, tell Krillin to run too

does he have gokus' grandpa?

>D. Something else
Run, grab Krillin and the announcer if we can. Probably prepare a bear shout to shoot at the ground for a last ditch speed boost if he catches up to us quickly.

Yes

Anons, I'm sorry, but my brother got into a car crash, I can't do this right now

oh god

godspeed man

Well fuck, hope everything is okay SOM.

no need to apologize man go to your brother god speed

Jesus dude, my condolences. I hope he's alright.

I'm back, and my brother's just fine, turns out my mother was embellishing when she told me what happened

Phew, that's good to hear!

that's good to hear

Good to hear.

"Krillin, run!" you shout, getting to your feet and rushing over to the announcer.

Picking the terrified man up, you begin to rush toward the gaping hole in the wall, with Krillin following as quickly as he can.

"You aren't going anywhere," Tambourine declares.

Another of his mouth blasts shoots down from the ceiling, striking the ground in front of you and throwing you back.

You fall to the ground, the announcer landing on top of you as Tambourine swoops in for the kill.

There's no time for you to get out of the way, but Krillin comes to your rescue once again, letting out a yell and leaping up at Tambourine.

The demon turns his attention away from you, and throws a powerful kick at Krillin, striking your friend in the head and sending him flying back once more.

Your heart stops as you see the light leave your friend's eyes, his lifeless body falling to the ground and lying still.

>A. Go over to Krillin

>B. Attack Tambourine

>C. Bear Shout with all the energy you have left

>D. Kamehameha with all of your power

>E. Something else

>A. Go over to Krillin

rip

>C. Bear Shout with all the energy you have left

>>A. Go over to Krillin

>D. Kamehameha with all of your power

>>C. Bear Shout with all the energy you have left

>C.
KURIRIN!

"KRILLIN!" you shout in despair.

"That's one pest taken care of," Tambourine comments. "Now for the other."

You feel anger boiling inside of you, and at this moment, you want nothing more than to rip that ugly monster into a thousand tiny pieces.

Howling in rage, you open your mouth wide and put all of your remaining energy into a Bear Shout, the wave of light exploding from your mouth and rocketing up toward Tambourine.

It's a direct hit, and the entire building shakes with the explosion.

Your head slumps back to the ground, and you find it difficult to keep your eyes open. But, before your vision fades, you see the smoke begin to clear, revealing Tambourine, who opens his mouth and lets loose an attack of his own.

The last thing you hear is the announcer screaming.

"Tofoo!" you hear a voice call. "Tofoo!"

Your eyes slowly open, and you find Goku staring down at you, his eyes full of worry. He shakes you roughly, shouting for you to wake up.

Seeing your eyes open, he laughs. "You're okay! But where's Krillin?"

>A. Point in the direction of Krillin's body

>B. He's gone

>C. Ask how you're alive

>D. Tell him what happened

>E. Something else

>C. Ask how you're alive

>C. Ask how you're alive

How the hell did we live?

We trained to take a beating, I assume it was that. Too bad we still can't dish it out as good as we take it

>>youtube.com/watch?v=IcsyzQFRB7g

You weakly raise your left hand and point in the direction of Krillin's body. You try to explain what happened, but Goku's rushing over to Krillin before you can get another word out.

"Krillin!" he shouts, kneeling by your friend and grabbing him by the shoulders.! "Come on, Krillin, wake up!"

Struggling to sit up, you watch sadly as Goku frantically shakes your friend's lifeless body.

"You have to wake up...." Goku says, his voice becoming quieter and wracked with grief as he realizes the truth.

He cradles Krillin's body gently in his arms, lowering his head and silently crying.

You stand up, the charred body of the announcer falling off of you. After a few steps, you fall to your knees, crying out in pain.

"Who did this?" Goku hisses, turning from Krillin and looking at you.

Fighting through the intense pain your body's in, you explain everything; the creature, what it called itself, what it wanted, and what it did to you and Krillin.

"Krillin didn't deserve this," Goku states with a trembling voice. "He was my friend...."

"Goku, what's going on?" Roshi shouts, leading the others through the hole in the wall.

Ignoring his master, Goku looks at Bulma. "Bulma, quick, do you have the Dragon Radar?"

He picks up his Power Pole and starts rushing toward her.

Bulma takes out the radar without thinking. "Yes, but-"

Before she can say any more, Goku snatches it from her hand and goes running. Roshi's eyes scan the room, and he lets out a shocked cry upon seeing Krillin.

Figuring out at once what Goku's up to, he turns and shouts after the boy. "Goku, don't do this! Get back here now!"

Goku keeps running.

"THAT'S AN ORDER!"

Still, Goku does not listen, and runs off into the distance.

>A. Try to go after him

>B. Try to get over to Krillin

>C. Try to figure out how you're still alive

>D. Something else

Isn't there a quarantine board for this shit to go to

>C. Try to figure out how you're still alive

>B. Try to get over to Krillin

We tried to stop him. Really we did. That monster was just so strong

Ask the mods

>>C. Try to figure out how you're still alive
We're in no condition to do anything right now.

>A. Try to go after him

No

>You stand up, the charred body of the announcer falling off of you

>>A. Try to go after him

>>B. Try to get over to Krillin
>>C. Try to figure out how you're still alive
I think we are too fucked up to do anything other than get in the way.

>>D. Something else
"We need to get A dragonball. I don't know why that guy took Goku's but it can tell you it won't be for anything good if he gets all 7."

>B
>C
I guess this means goku wins the tournament?

Krillin died, Goku ran off, and the announcer was murdered. Nobody wins this time

Tien wins!

We win? We are still here, alive, and weren't disqualified.

No! Why did you have to kill the announcer Som, he was defencless. You'd better not kill the Turtle too

We already lost.

>announcer was murdered

THAT IS BULLSHIT.

>announcer was murdered
Piccolo dies by our hands.

"Stubborn, impetuous child," Roshi laments, staring after Goku.

"Master Roshi, what's going on?" Bulma asks.

"It's Krillin," the Turtle Hermit answers as he approaches the lifeless body of his fallen student.

You don't need to look at the others, you can feel the shock and horror rolling off of them, and it makes you feel sick to your stomach.

Then again, stomach-aches are the least of your concerns right now. Your body is scorched even worse than before, and every inch of it is in great pain.

Still, you should probably be grateful to be alive. And you find yourself wondering how exactly you're still breathing. That last blast from Tambourine should have been enough to kill you, yet here you are.

It's possible your endurance training allowed you to withstand the blast, but you quickly realize that there's another reason.

Glancing over at the body of the announcer, you remember that he was on top of you when the blast hit. His body must have shielded you from some of the attack.

"Tofoo!" Roshi shouts sternly, taking you out of your thoughts.

You look up at the old man, who looks back at you with a serious yet sympathetic face.

"What happened?"

"Good question," Oolong agrees. "You look worse than before."

"Who was able to do this to you and Krillin?" Tenshinhan asks.

>A. A monster

>B. A creature that called itself Tambourine

>C. Explain exactly what happened

>D. Something else

>>B. A creature that called itself Tambourine
>>C. Explain exactly what happened

>B. A creature that called itself Tambourine
"He said his father wanted the dragonball and as well as anyone that considered themselves a martial artist."

>>B. A creature that called itself Tambourine
>>C. Explain exactly what happened

>This, and "We need to warn Yamcha."