Evolution Game

Evo game vol.2

> River Elget is salamance edition

Updated to include the Elget.

Fine start the thread with your fuckin meme instead of history

Thanks fambrolini.

There was an Elget at the end of the last thread that wasn't in the OP image.

I would never intentionally disrespect the old wolrd. ;p

Im fucking rectifying this

Great start to the thread.

Tree Defilos are fucking horrifying man.

The False-Headed Scrump feeding habit has changed to that of a more passive hunter, growing extra antennea and using them to catch smaller prey.

Some Sand Defilos' legs become strong enough to lift their lumbering weight enough to become bipedal. This helps them reach food that isn't low to the ground. They live in underground burrows where they rear their young.
This branch of the dimos are known as Sand Stilos.

Parasitic Aquatic Defilos' finger bones grow through the end if its flippers to make small hooks to grip onto animals better.

They're even more horrifying from the front.

Bruh, forest delgor is a new breed of delgor, not the next step in the evolutionary ladder.

I'll make a note of it for the next update.

Back in my day, we started new threads with a joke picture from the game. Or a map if it were relevant.

Current standings

Forest Delgor has been moved as requested.

Elget subspecies have been renamed as discussed in the previous thread. I stuck to the obvious choices.

I don't think there were any jokey images in the old thread. There wasn't a map. OP wanted it casual.

It's still alive if you haven't seen in Image limit was reached though.

Canopelget and constrictelget are not good names

The Canopy Elget (or Canopelget) becomes a more agile predator capable of parachuting down onto prey with its flippers.
The Pouncing Phelget has better vision and is sleeker than the Canopy Elget, and will likely out-compete/replace it unless the canopy elget adapts to another niche.
I'm going with phelget with this one.
I think making a map would be a good idea.

I wanted to keep them similar to what they were, but signify that they're not Elget anymore. I imagine people will change them to something snappier on the next evolution.

I'll give a map a go. I'll read through the previous thread to keep it consistent with what's happened.

as prey in the forests is much more agile and tricky than on the open hills and plains, the forest delgor develops a gizzard-like sac at its throat. this sac stores a hot acidic substance that the forest delgor uses to take down the tree-dwelling beasts of the woodlands.

quints represent patience

It would seem the delgor is losing the evolutionary arms race. Or at least, the grasslands delgor is. No longer can it blend in among the delgets as they have become razorback tregets with distinct shapes and colors. Now the grasslands delgor must contend with the sand stilos, descendant of the fearsome sand defilos. Perhaps the only creature that actively feeds on the delgor, the delgor itself has little defensive capabilities against a hungry sand stilos.

So, rather than develop yet another different color hide or grow even more claws, a new development has taken place. The grasslands delgor has evolved a small pair of wings. These wings are not large enough or powerful enough for the delgor to take to the skies. Instead, they have just enough power to allow the delgor to fly over short distances.

With the ability of flight comes a whole new approach to hunting. Rather than chase down its prey, as the delgor did to the delget, the flying delgor dives down from above and rakes at its prey with its vicious claws. Should the delgor find itself being preyed upon by the sand stilos, it is quick to take flight and flee the scene.

Like I said I did this based on what's already evolved.

Looking at the previous generations Pretty much everything up until Gen10ish revolved around sand or water. So I'd say most of the action so far has taken around the shoreline and the shallow water.

Beyond gen 10 creatures have branched out to plains (Delget, Delgors) and forests (Phelget, Tree dimos, forest delgor.

Sandy desert is hinted at (Sand dimos, sand stilos). These creatures could exist on the presumably massive beach, but I've incuded the desert anyway.

The mountain is present on the ground that there are rivers (River Swelget). So there must be a mountain.

The order is determined by proximity to the source of the river. The forest is most wet, then the plains and finally the desert.

The deep ocean is a given really.

I like it. Helps tie all of this evolving together some.

>Fog of War
thankyou for this

bump

A more powerful upper fin develops on the spined scrump.

Please let me know if this is too much. I'll gladly change it if necessary.

Increased pressure from rapidly-evolving predators as well as high competition for food has forced some Spined Scrump to inhabit deeper parts of the ocean in search of food and safety. The increased pressure has warped the physiologies of these "Scruma," resulting in bloated bodies larger than their shallow-ocean counterparts. Their once hard, leathery exteriors have given way to soft skin and large fins geared more toward surfing deep-ocean currents than escaping predation.

Large pods of Scruma drift along oceanic currents in search of crustaceans, worms, and other deep-sea life.

Holy shit this is cool.

seems appropriate. the spine should still has electricity however.

Does anybody have a general idea of the relative scale of these guys? I know in the other thread someone said that the Sand Defilos is something akin to a sarlacc pit in size. Are all the Elget-descendants relatively the same size?

Am I the only one sorta confused or should I start whipping up a scale chart in for future reference?

I would imagine the treget is probably close in size to an elephant as it has ballooned in size since its days as the delget. Delgor hunts treget and so is probably 25-30% smaller..

Constrilget is either the size of an eel or a python. Not sure which. Would also like some clarification.

The only thing set in stone the Sand Defilos. A scale wasn't discussed but a labeling system was. Nobody tried it though.

I'm gonna throw together a quick scale for reference. Suggestions on what to include? I was thinking one of each subspecies, but that might get cluttered real quick

I'd suggest only one of the Scrump types is necessary as they all seem to be the same size. And the Swelgets seem to be the same size.

Other than that thins seem to vary wildly.

Aight, so here's a stupidly limited interpretation of beast scaling. I dunno if that's big enough on the Elget-types or the defilos, but I figure I captured the gist of stuff.

The parasite is bigger than most of the other animals.

I'd give it a go myself but it's stupid o'clock here and I'm wrecked.

Please don't let it 404 everyone

Noted. Wasn't sure if it scaled like the other one. Will fix momentarily

The Krump is descended from the Giant Scrump, and is even larger in size, as it just decided to live on the bottom instead of swimming. It's probably one of the largest animals.

Noted. Largest of all, or largest of the Scrump family?

Hopefully keeping the long-necked Dimos from the verge of extinction. Again, lemme know if I'm overstepping.

Severe predation from all sides made survival an increasingly difficult goal for the long-necked Dimos. While evolution pushed some to produce potent poisons, constant predation also pushed for the survival of the strongest and fastest Dimos. These "Dimoa", contrary to their venom-spitting counterparts, emphasized speed and strength, trading in potent venom for a sleeker, lighter form and stronger forelimbs to aid in defense and escape.

Polyps on its inner mouth combined gradually gained increased sensitivity to changes in their environment. Combined with an already sensitive tongue, Dimoa can detect vibrations in the ground and atmosphere, allowing for the detection of prey (or potential predators) at a longer range.

Dimoa use their vibrant rear coloration as a means of warning potential predators and attracting mates.

Hopefully a slightly-more-accurate scaling.

I imagined the bird biped was smaller. The Krump seemed huge in my mind as it was described as nigh unkillable, with thick armor, but it doesn't actually beat anything out as far as predation. I think that the spined scrump was described as becoming larger as it left for deeper waters. The parasite is obviously very small, as the original species started. Something like this?

Also, I forgot to crop when I finished editing. Sorry.

some actual art here

I can dig it.

Thanks. Hopefully the thread gets a little more attention now that it's sorta late. I'll be back to do more later.

One-time "wake me up" bump

Klump*

>Can't Stump the Krump
Because it lies on the ocean floor and does fuck all besides eat detritus and plants and plankton.
I would evolve something, but I'm away from my computer.

The Harpoon Scrump becomes a sleeker and faster while losing it's clubbed dermal armor. The plates are still there but have become mostly vestigial.
The increased speed and sharp hydrodynamic nose allows it to chase down quick prey as long as they work together to hunt.
These Scrumps are now known as Scraks.

Dope.

Y'know the old scrump was a territorial herbivore but, fuck it man. They hunt now.

it's still small, but now it has a chance to work up the food chain.

Fuck, forgot to post pic

>Tree Update

>Winged Delgor outcompeted by smaller, lighter winged delgor with larger claws, and smaller appendages

bruh you dont cross shit out. rude.

I'm inclined to agree with the crossing-out. The winged delgor is basically an intermediate species that is bound to be outdone by its descendants. If it can't compete adequately for resources, it probably dies out. That being said, these kinds of things are best left to the dice.

On that subject of lighter, winged delgor with larger claws, here's something I was doodling up to fill that position, if treeanon wants to use it.

thats shit has happened many times before, take the fucking gross and out of place cross of the grid

Wtf. Who are you to decide these types of things? Fuck off.

fuck you

The whole point of this game is to evolve each species one change at a time. It's quite clear that the winged delgor is going to keep evolving into something like your altagor there. But the autist updating the graph "deciding" on shit all on his own and without any feedback is quickly going to turn this thread to shit.

Really pisses me off that this faggot couldn't wait for another user to come by and evolve the creature further and decided to speed up the winged delgor's evolution another gen just because he felt like it.

I'm working on an evolution for the tree defilos, but what are those things on the side of its head? the grey horns with the green stuff?

Disregarding your graph entirely, cunt. You don't get to decide these things. This is a game where people evolve the creatures with one new adaptation at a time. You don't get to just speed shit along because you feel like it. You're not even the OP, faggot.

then why you comin out with super evolved bullshit punk

I was under the impression that those were just teeth.

paralysis venom

The fuck are you even talking about, faggot?

Two different posts, mang. Normally I write a little blurb to justify the changes I make, but I skipped out on that one because graphguy beat me to it.

Without all the flowery language, the gist of it is that winged delgor that couldn't fly got ate real fuckin' quick. The ones that did were lighter, sleeker-looking, and able to fly for extended periods of time. The color change is just a result of their transition from being primarily grassland creature to full-blown aerial hunters. Camouflages better with the sky and that shit.

If that's too much then just scrap the bitch.

You know what lets go with this one

I like the altagor and think it's a good natural progression for the winged delgor. It seems that was where the delgor was going to head when it started sprouting wings, anyways.

Anybody know the specifics of how that parasitic defilos works? I kinda wanna evolve it but I have no clue what the fuck it even does.

its a sea lamprey, essentially. It gets on it stays on and just keeps on eating.

>I kinda wanna evolve it but I have no clue what the fuck it even does.

this is how i feel about the razorback treget

that third leg has really stumped me

poor thing needs a complete make over

Fuck u tahm bout?
Tricycle Stegosaurus is OP

I'm gonna guess the endgame here was to go full stegosaurus. It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

Dimoa develop a sting on their backside.

Ages spent in the abyssal ocean free of predation has brought about explosive growth in the population of Scruma. Despite the lack of serious predation deep in the ocean, competition amongst rival pods results in massive deep-sea electrical battles among rival groups. Those lucky Scruma that win gradually gain more and more control over their shock tendrils--both in capacity and dexterity. This new generation of Scruma, equipped with prehensile shock tendrils, are capable of emitting controlled pulses both as a lethal weapon, and as a primitive means of communication within the pod.

> Level up: "smart" shock tendrils unlocked

I had to redraw most of the tree defilos for this evolution, but I don't consider it that much different. Except for the gliding adaptation and longer tail, it is not much different physically.
The Tree Drilos is a nocturnal insectivore with a pair of venomous horns above it's well developed eyes.
Although slow in the trees and on the ground floor, as an emergency a tree drilos can spring off and glide to another tree.
Tree Drilos are solitary and territorial and won't allow another drilos to share a tree with it.

Drilos looks dope af. Redrawing is good IMO, especially if it's a new species. Also, I dig your description.
Anyways, I'm gone for the night. Good luck m8.

Thanks! I'm trying to strike a balance between simple forms while keeping the design interesting.

The parasitic Defilos latched onto the surface of larger creatures and eats them. Either skin or blood I don't think it was specified.

I thought this evolved side by side with the Spitting dimos not as a replacement. Or did I misread that?

Hold your thumb to your pinky and walk alternating the middle and outer. It's how I imagine it anyway.

Fuck it I'm going with it.

Due to the competing Dimoa being a superior digger is forced to spend more time on the surface. This favours the most aggresive spitters, causing the venom to become thicker and more viscous. The back end develops small spikes for protection, however this further inhibits the ability to dig, which in turn promotes more aggressive behavior in the Spitting Dimos.

>Hold your thumb to your pinky and walk alternating the middle and outer. It's how I imagine it anyway.

That has to be one of the most elegant ways to illustrate a potentially awkward idea I have ever seen. Well done sir.

My intention was side-by-side.

Current Standings.
Some basic housekeeping has been done. The Dimoa been moved.
The Scruma has been moved as well as its' initial entry reads as a parallel evolution to the Spined Scrump. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Nope. Shit's great. Thanks mane.

Just realised the dimoa is supposed to be coming from the long-necked dimos.
I'll fix it next time.

Blah Blah Blah, let me know if I'm going too far, etc.

The surge in predator and prey species has greatly benefitted the ocean ecosystem, but none have stood to gain more than the Parasitic Aquatic Defilos. Lacking any true predators due to its diminutive size, these defilos have undergone a large increase in population, and have developed increasingly efficient methods of extracting blood from their hosts. Newer generations of Parasitic Defilos are capable of forcing small quantities of their potent poison out through specialized teeth, thinning their host's blood for easier consumption.

That thing looks awesome.

Current Standings.

New wave of extinctions to mix things up and keep the game fresh.

wtf is with you and extinctions? Some of those are freshly evolved. You just picked the ones you didn't like didn't you?

Enough with this x-ed out bullshit no one likes it

I was just working on two River Swelget evolutions:(

Post them anyway. That guy didn't move the Dimoa so he's clearly not even reading the thread.

Current Standings.

Dimoa and Scruma moved to accurately reflect their evolution.

Some River Swelget have made their way up the rivers to their beginnings as streams amongst the mountains. There they feed mostly on smaller critters and whatever else they can find. The lesser amount of sustenance have meant that the Swelget there have grown smaller, to about the size of a ferret. Their skins have also changed colour to more closely match the more barren environment.

In the forests however, after their fat and protein-rich diets combined with the intellect required to catch prey there, the River Swelget has become about as intelligent your average mammal. They have thanks to this newly found intelligence started building dams, using sticks and branches, to make ponds & rivers of the forest into small and shallow lakes.

Ooh, I like that. Do they hunt/raise young in the ponds, then?

That was the idea. I'm just to lazy to type longer texts today