/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

NO edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer ( irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for the bright and terrible angel of Veloth in his pre-chimerical form, demonic VEHK, gaunt and pale and beautiful, skin stretched painfully thin on bird's bones, feathered serpents encircling his arms.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

First for Cyrodiil best province

Is the godhead canon

The Godhead is ANU. ANU is love.

Shittiest lore ever made btw.

4th for TLB becomes Emperor

I find the idea of a Godhead so lazy. It's basically, 'gods made everything', and then you ask 'but what made the gods?' and then you say 'everything's a dream'. It's a question best left unanswered.

You mean TLD. I also often mistype it as TLB because you're thinking of dragonBorn

Using 'The Hist' as a cop-out for being lazy is something Zenimax does, not us. Cyrodiil's heartland is sub-tropical and Black Marsh will have varied architecture. Now give me ideas for something that'd not mud huts.

Is it just me or are Cyrodiil's southern and southeastern borders completely arbitrary? The rest of its borders are mountains or seas. Skyrim's borders make a lot of sense cause it's completely surrounded by mountains.

I feel silly asking this, but how exactly does Numidium "work"? Is it basically just a giant focusing lens for Lorkhanic/Padomaic force as provided by the Heart or a Shezzarine? Hell, I feel like even the way I've phrased that question probably betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of it.

Eh, kind of. More or less like RL borders. Reaching down the Niben is understandable though. If the Empire would have a claim on that land, they would definitely press it hard so they're not penned in. Not only that, but their borders are not too different from the ancient Aylied city states. Would imagine that the Alessian Empire conquered it from the Aylieds, and have kept it since, resisting beastman invasion.

Mud huts are the most realistic, too. There's a reason you don't see grand temples in the Everglades and such. They sink. Wood rots, stone sinks, metal is way too expensive.

But if you insist, use ruined Dunmer infrastructure in the northern part, Imperial architecture in Gideon, and half-sunken Aylied ruins poking up in the swamp. Those, and some mayan-esque temple structures. Maybe put down hollowed out trees or something. Black Marsh isn't really known for its' civillization. Indeed, all we know about it is that it's packed full of mud huts, flies that feed on any bare flesh, and shit. But take my advice, and keep it to 8 villages through the entire province. Black Marsh can't into civillization.

>I find the idea of a Godhead so lazy. It's basically, 'gods made everything', and then you ask 'but what made the gods?' and then you say 'everything's a dream'. It's a question best left unanswered.

Godhead is meant to be the absolute, the highest possible level of existence, the set of all sets. No-one made it because it's the source of all things, and it's also the sum of all things. It's a pantheistic idea.

The problem with it being Anu is that this makes no sense. Anu is stasis, and incomplete without Padhome. Add in that love bullshit from the Loveletter and suddenly 'godhead' becomes 'the good guy at the top' which is a much duller concept IMO.

Houses on stilts.

Houses that float, or a raft village, on a lake.

It's Argonians so you could go with underwater dwellings, maybe with a dry upper chamber for dry goods. Maybe even a village which has seperate huts/stilt houses on the surface and a network of underground water-filled caves connecting them, with a lot of village life conducted in the underwater common areas.

Huts made out of a hollowed-out giant dry fruit/vegetable, something like a 10ft high pumpkin only cooler and weirder.

Starting Oblivion guy here again. I'll try not to bug you guys much longer. I've one question to decide really... efficient levelling for my mage or not? Is it okay so far as surviving through the game and eventually becoming a weapon of mass destruction to just pick the standard mage class over trying to make one and play a way to level +5 intelligence and willpower each time? I'm playing a high elf and have picked the mage sign so I start with 250 magica before choosing class (iirc there's also lots of spell effects to fortify and regenerate magicka too). So I figure (I think) that I can deal with the max plus 3 to intelligence and willpower each level up if I choose the mage class because of this starting boost, and I'll be able to start with extra spells - because I don't have to buy them if they're added by me having the school as a major skill - and use skills I like early on and get the most out of alchemy earlier because I'll start by discerning the first two spell effects, etc. and just have much more fun playing the game that way?

It's a gaint brass robot that shouts "No!" at existance.

It is unbound by time. When Tiber Septum used it to conquer his Empire, it laid siege to Alinor for 24 hours. Subjectivly, the siege lasted thousands of years, from the time of the battle all the way to the early 5th Era.

It will return from the siege (passing around its multiplication and destruction in Daggerfall) to destroy the world in the 5th era.

Yeah, I guess limiting the amount and size of settlements would be the best way to tackle it instead of ending up with 100s of mud huts.

That's pretty good. I could definitely use stilt houses, and dwellings you have to access through an underwater passage.

Former Telvanni slaves learning magic, growing their own giant pumpkins and hollowing them out sounds dank as fuck, will definitely use that

mushrooms are sooooo third era anyway

it's more fun without min/maxing, but unfortunately oblivion does somewhat force you to because of its cancerous level scaling

get a mod to fix that, and just play a mage, without any worries about getting that perfect +5 intelligence and willpower every level

is this c0da stuff? it sounds fucking retarded

This is why I love Morrowind so much, it has just some minor scaling so there's no pressure. You'll always be better off at level 5 than at level 1, even with poor skill and attribute leveling.

In Skyrim I don't even read skill books that level a skill I'm not using, like a true autist.

Yes, it is c0da stuff.

It is what it is.

Tarhiel might've gotten himself killed but nobody truly appreciates his genius as no other mage can make such powerful jumping scrolls.

Thanks. Going with mage then. I'll play a while and if I'm ''really'' struggling I will look for something to chance level scaling.

One day I will play Morrowind properly. When I was a kid the lore in Oblivion engrossed me so much I wanted to play the earlier games to learn more about the TES universe but for some reason never got around to it.

Why did MK think it would be a good idea?

>efficient levelling

Nah, not worth it IMO. For me it's pointless bean-counting and gets in the way of just playing. My game is modded to be harder than vanilla and I never bother with this kind of optimizing, especially not for a mage, and I do just fine.

The levelling taks care of itself to some degree anyway. If you fight harder enemies you use your skills more, which raises them more quickly.

High Elf + Mage is a good start. I never play a magic-focussed character that doesn't start with some kind of magicka boost. However I will say that magicka regenerates quite fast in Oblivion, and there are plenty of restore potions, so Bretons, with their superior defensive abilities, are a strong choice as well.

My main tip for you would be make the most of Conjuration, use it to hide behind your summoned monsters and shoot blasts of magical death. Illusion is also very powerful, the Frenzy spells are great and once you get the skill up to 50 you get access to Paralyze and Invisibility.

As someone who started with Skyrim only a year ago, I found it surprisingly easy to get into Morrowind. I doubt I could do the same for anything older though.

yes, I've only been into TES for a little over a year, starting with skyrim

>It will return from the siege (passing around its multiplication and destruction in Daggerfall) to destroy the world in the 5th era.

Way to go, MK. Spelling out a definite end to a good franchise on beforehand is going to make you look retarded and the game devs greedy for not going along with your plan.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, it basically let the pilot of the golem hijack Akatosh for however long they're in control? I'm trying to figure out what metaphysical "level" this thing works at. I.E., does it make the user as powerful as one of the Gods, or does it go beyond that and basically let someone cheat their way into a comprehension of CHIM (my understanding being that the latter is more powerful than the former)?

Because he actually isn't a very good writer and his style is only pleasing on limited amounts beneath a standard fantasy surface, not as the general tone

These are cool, do they all appear in ESO? I'm definitely using those.

I also like to give Bethesda shit on some of the things they do but I hate it when people get autistic for them not living up to lore that you'd need NASA computers for.

Oh, also, worth noting is that Velomer (?) founded the cities of Thorn and Archon. And that the largest prison of Tamriel exists in, presumably underneath, Blackrose, and that the village itself is built up only through the prisoning business. I'd expect that it also has Imperial influence, like Gideon. Speaking of which, Gideon and Stormhold were originally Aylied structures.

t. Imperial pocket guide thingie, 3rd edition

It works using the Dwemer philosophy of refutation. Deny something hard enough and you get to fill that vacuum yourself. The Dwemer had hoped to reach true godhood using that method but failed hard with Numidium. The did however partially succeed, since the Numidium is an incredibly powerful artifact that can affect reality.

thank you serjo

I can't say I ever liked his style of writing. Somehow it feels a lot like I'm reading something that only makes sense to the author.

The mud huts do, I haven't seen the other two styles yet if they do appear.

>There are people right now who think these savages deserve to govern themselves

Aight, so (again, apologies for all involved for my density) it's essentially a way to force an attempt at achieving CHIM? Like, if an individual incapable of achieving it activates it they zero-sum, but if someone with the requisite ego takes the reigns they then get to achieve CHIM (or an equivalent control over the fabric of Mundus) automatically without actually having to understand the metaphysics involved, like Vivec did?

What would be the repercussions of cutting down a Hist tree? Would the wood be expensive enough that some people would try?

That place used to have dozens of trees, where'd they go?

Numidium was a failed attempt at achieving CHIM by denying the 'false' reality (i.e the dream of the godhead). "I reject your reality and substitute my own" is the essence of it, but the method used by the Dwemer was flawed, and they were merged into the Numidium's skin. The reasons for this are unclear and at the moment up to individual speculation - personally I think the Dwemer didn't understand the physics and metaphysics in enough detail and so they misinterpreted (i.e denied+rewrote) reality incorrectly.

Tiber Septim (and by extension, Talos) achieved godhood by mantling, rather than by the direct method that the Dwemer hoped Numidium would have achieved.

Not him and not sure what you are talking about but
>Numidium was a failed attempt at achieving CHIM by denying the 'false' reality
You better bring source on that because you as well as I know that this is very well your interpretation.

I personally believe that it was made to reject reality but it had nothing to do with CHIM or actual realizations and such, it was rude and vulgar manipulation of Aurbis through extremely powerful Tonal Architecture.

It never had anything to do with CHIM, it's artificial as fuck and is basically bruteforcing it.

Who did Tiber mantle? Lorkhan?

They don't govern themselves. Trees do.

Well I mean it's an approvement, but it's still pretty shitty. In all of the civillized world, trees are cut down, not worshipped.

In a sense - the Nordic pantheon had Shor, and the early Imperial pantheon had a watered down version of Shor called Shezzar. He became a lot less popular as the Empire grew to be more multi-racial, but he was still sort of like Shor and still existed to be mantled.

Anu is not a "good guy" at top, no actual origin of Godhead is canon and if you rely only on ingame information you just know that there probably exists a Godhead.

If you want to rely on current interpretation/MK out of game fluff he isn't a good guy at top either. Anu is the dreamer but he was never a good guy or a bad guy, he is a guy that likes things to never change while Padhome enforces change. Anu is the Dreamer and his "soul" and memory of himself is Anui-El, his identity is personified in an entity that is absolute stasis. Sithis on the other hand is "soul" of Padhome in Anu's dream and his memory that again is the peak of absolute change.

Anui-El is perfect everything while Sithis is void and nothingness that forces "whole" that is Anui-El to be something.

Together they make the binary code of Aurbis, the end.

Improvement.
>TFW you misspell your own banter

Does anyone know much about the empire's religion during the interignum? I thought there was some resurgence of the worship St. Alysia, but I can't find much on it.

Not him but I suggest you do your own research regarding Tiber, both ingame and forum.

What majority of people on /r/teslore and other communities who are into MK stuff consider is that he did not mantle a single entity, even though Hjalti, Zurin and Wulf were Shezzarines or at least one of them was a Shezzarine.

The Talos trio re-enacted Convention itself, Tiber served as Akatosh, Wulfharth served as Lorkhan and Zurin served as Trinimac who helped him to tear his heart out, Mantella is therefor a faux Heart of Lorkhan that works for Numidium.

Unless it's absolute and all-encompassing, it's not godhead. It's also not interesting.

And yes, with the Loveletter I'm afraid Anu is very much framed as 'the good guy at the top'.

The Saxhleel don't even "worship" Hist in the way we would understand it, the Saxhleel are basically Hist drones who have deluded themselves (and others) into thinking that they are each individuals.

Whatever it is don't rely on ESO.

There is barely any mention of popular worship of Nordic pantheon or Yoku pantheon despite those being the largely dominant religions in their regions at the time. Instead everyone worships Alessian pantheon and other religions are mentioned in side quests and almost treated as minority or "old ways".

Because Anu sees himself as the good guy at the top, not because he actually is.

I haven't played ESO or read much on it, so I'm grasping at straws here.

I just picked interignum because of the massive political upheaval and balkanization of powers as a setting for maximum opportunity.

The second one is actually Valenwood, not Black Marsh. The third one is artwork for Stormhold which does appear in ESO and basically a mix between inhabited ayleid ruins and mud huts thrown in between them. I don't recall any cities that look similar to the first pic, but I've seen some pics from DB DLC which I don't own that looked like that.

>Unless it's absolute and all-encompassing, it's not godhead. It's also not interesting.
Anu is all encompassing, you seem to misunderstand the implications to MK makes with C0DA.
Anu, Nir and Padomay were in an another dream. Anu's soul and mind that got fractured are TES multiverse. Amaranth inside of Anu, the flower child, is the next multiverse which will not have a lingering tragedy and pain from previous dream.

As for loveletter, I am not sure if MK even knew the way TES would develop in future because in love letter void pre-dates Anu and Padomay while currently Anu is outside of the dream.

Again you can basically ignore all of it since it's not canon and not even really meant to be canon as stated by C0DA.

OK, so the godhead who defines all reality sees himself as the good guy at the top... and still somehow isn't?

Drink up, user.

My mistake, I should have used 'godhood', not CHIM. Dwemeri refutation and CHIM are two of the Walking Ways, they go to more or less the same place but are not the same thing.

Let's say instead of Anu, it was Satan who was defining all of reality. Even if he saw himself as a good guy, we know Satan's a bad guy.

If you were defining reality, obviously you'd set yourself up as a good guy too, because unless you're incredibly depressed that's probably how you perceive yourself.

Godhead does not define himself because he is actually not sentient. Anui-El and Sithis are what exists inside of the dream, Anu is outside of it.

If you're the absolute, all things come from you and are contingent upon you, including the concept of goodness and what counts as good.

Okay, here is the meta plot that MK has created over the years because you seem to misunderstand it.

Anu...well lets say Jhon, okay so Jhons brother killed his wife because she wouldn't fuck with him. Jhon kills his brother and goes mad from all of this, he falls into coma. In his coma his mind and his dreams devolve into a world of it's own, but the world is tainted by the tragedy he himself perceived...

Okay so this guy in his delusional fever dream tries to make everything a perfect unchanging whole. This is the original Aurbis in it's whole and his avatar of self is Auri-El.
His subconscious memory of his brother, Sithis, sees this unchanging whole and actually acts as the catalyst for something that can snap this dream out of it's delusional state. Sithis creates Lorkhan, the unstable mutant, the wild card.

This all spirals into TES universe as we know it.

It's a story about loss, denial, overcoming your loss and being reborn as a new man.

Of course you can ignore this because it's not even really canon.

This. Measurements (good and evil are measurements on a moral axis) are not even a possible concept without a zero point and the Godhead is that zero point. If it defines itself as good, then goodness is defined as what it says is good. Doesn't matter what that stuff is, even if it revolts you on a fundamental level, if you disagree with the zero point of morality, you are evil by definition.

>you now understand why Lucifer rebelled

Read
This is not about good or evil. Anu is a guy who in his sensory coma of a dream created a perfect world for himself to escape his pain.
Sithis might be the most evil thing that exists but he is ultimately what Anu needs. Sithis as the soul of Padomey acts as the much needed change to snap him out his this state.

In it's current state it's meant to be a metaphor for escapism and becoming a new man through hardships.

This begs the question, what is outside of Anu, when the universe is permanently destroyed, does Anu wake up, or does Anu die?

This is where it gets even more ambiguous.
C0DA seems to imply that becoming a Godhead in whatever Omniverse TES takes place in is more than just a dream.
Your mind and spirit as a whole somehow become sheet for existence, you very much actually become a Godhead and not just a guy dreaming. As well as the souls of people around you can possibly literally get into your dream through your memory. It is meant to be again semi-metaphorical but people in C0DA literally plan to get into the next dream through Amaranth, a new dream where Anu/Padomay dilemma does not exist as a whole.

I think that possibly once someone becomes a Godhead in said omniverse he sort of "bubbles out" if that makes sense. He becomes shelled from the rest of his universe or on the contrary somehow everyone becomes aware of the fact that someone became a Godhead and they can interact with him only through memory.

This all becomes even more fuzzy because of "12 world of creation" that are mentioned and the fact that battle between Anu and Padomay basically caused the end of the world, literally or metaphorically again.

Basically when we talk about lore at this level we are talking about something that will never get referred to directly in games, something that is absolutely fuzzy and based on MK's writings and changes he makes to his own writings based on what community creates. Personally I still find it very interesting but I wouldn't be bothered too much if something annoys you in that interpretation.

I almost forgot, the apocalyptic depiction of battle between Anu and Padomay and the fact that previous TES universe ends in C0DA when Amaranth happens also brings up another interesting hypothesis that I've seen multiple times.

Maybe when someone achieves Amaranth the true apocalypse actually happens one way or another and the dream where the dream was born basically becomes a barren wasteland.
Another possibility is that the Amaranth actually takes over the fabric of the dream, it gets destroyed and then populated by the dream of the new Amaranth.

But anyway, do your own research and come up with your own cool ideas about how this shit works, because no one is sure.

Do you think the elder scrolls give people like the moth priests awareness up to that level, or are there other people, like the khajiit with their lorkhan ties, or argonians with the hist that could at some level imagine such a thing?

MK's out of game bullshit would be more compelling to talk about if I was a Gnostic but I amn't.

The 36 Sermons are cool, but C0DA is just ridiculous garbage that he keeps trying to ride.

I understand it fine. I'm the guy from who says it's shitty and should be different.

I do not believe that it's possible to gain that knowledge from one source, but I do believe that Elder Scrolls allow you to view all the information that exists in Aurbis, but from different angles.
Without enough information one can come to said realization with or without Elder Scrolls, that is what CHIM entails...but I don't believe that anyone can find out the whole story, not even us. The best one can get is full understanding of Tower/Wheel structure and the forces that made it possible/your own role in said structure.
I do appreciate my current understanding of TES universe, I was always a sucker for metaplots and maybe it's just that I like the idea of grand tragedy and process of overcoming said tragedy because I've went through a similar thing in my life. But sure, to each his own.

As for C0DA, I never understood why people insist that he tries to ride it. He just rarely replies to post made about his out of game stuff and mostly works on his new projects like Tellatale Batman Game, because he is a writer there.

It can be different if you want it to be. This isn't even going into C0DA territory of
>All fiction is ultimately just fiction and the only physical medium where it exists is your mind, therefor your mind ultimately defines what said story is for you which means that canon is not as relevant as people claim it is
It's literally out of game stuff that doesn't affect any ingame lore. You can ignore it especially considering the fact that MK and Kuhlmann did not have that in mind when writing Sermons of PGE 1, meta became what it is slowly, over time.

So, just to sum up my understanding of it: The three "mortal" men who comprised the Talos oversoul each mantled a being who was a major player during convention. Tiber Septim, by mantling Akatosh, served as the "tower" and the foundation upon which Wulfharth could mantle change/Lorkhan and Zurin Arctus could mantle stasis/Trinimac. The three souls together allowed the resultant entity to temporarily reshape reality as though Conventioion had not yet occurred (or was in the process of occurring). So Numidium was not an actual god, so much as an instrument through which mantlers of divinity could reshape reality?

Yes. Which is also the reason why Talos somehow is a deity so intrinsic to the core of creation and Mundus itself despite being formed after Mundus began.

The brass god is a god of NO, it is a god in the sense of a magnificently powerful entity that can reshape reality. And thats about as good a definition of a good that I can conceive of.

And the mirroring of Convention is called "the Enantiomorph" and is actually a mythological anagogic construct that is not unique to TES. Saul/David/Nathan are an Enantiomorph for example.

But why was the Underking his own thing before the Warp in the West? Why didn't Talos just exist, instead of taking a few centuries?

I want the game to be about the Alfred mantling Batman.

As soon as a god begins to exist, is has always existed. Time is meaningless to the beings that are not bound by it. Why is Mannimarco both man, lich and necrogod? Cause time is meaningless to the being.

Soul of Wulfharth and possibly Zurin too was trapped inside of Mantella.
Until Numidium started a Dragonbreak and until Mantella was destroyed/souls in it were free Talos could not form because it was missing at least one part.
After the Dragonbreak ended these souls rejoined together into a complete being and Talos history changed for ever retroactively forming what we read after Warp in the West.

That is my interpretation anyway.

I know Daggerfall's lore was probably made before any thought of including Wulfharth in the mix, but the Underking sends you a letter that starts with this:

>Centuries ago, Tiber Septim ruled the land and forged an empire with great Numidium. The secret of Numidiums's power lies in its heart, carried within the Mantella. It is the heart of Tiber Septim's battlemage. It is my heart. It is my Mantella. It is my Totem. It belongs to me, and to none other. I have won and lost an empire.

Another letter you get earlier in the game only refers to Zurin's life force being what the Mantella was infused with, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Soul of Wulfharth (I have won and lost an empire) or possibly even Talos, but definitely Zurin.

Take umbrage with this cosmological map. I dare you.

I'm looking for 1x1 TES roleplay partners. Is anyone interested in that? No dice rolls, just freeform multi-paragraph writing.

Or, does anyone know a good place to find RP partners?

>No dice rolls, just freeform multi-paragraph writing.
So just someone to play pretend with...

Yes. I am aware I'm asking in the wrong place, but I'm desperate.

>Anu and Padomay are just galaxys or some shit
>the shivering isles is a random disc but everything else is planets
>nothing to even represent half the Daedric Princes, even though Peryite has the Pits and many others also have named realms like the Ashpit or the Colored Rooms

Relating back to that then, who was the victor of that enantiomorph? Given Numidium as a deity that represents no/is-not, and given that it was originally supposed to be powered by the heart of Lorkhan, does that mean that Ysmir Wulfharth was the victor, with Zurin Arctus the defeated and Tiber Septim the observer? I assume that from the idea of Ysmir Wulfharth being an incarnation of Shor/Lorkhan, and as such an inherently padomaic entity, and from Hjalti/Tiber Septim being the closest to "maimed" of the three.

I don't even know where you would do that. What would you even want to do? Who would control the world?

I see it as Hjalti/Tiber being the victor (seeing that he continued to rule his empire and all that), Zurin being the observer (because he became a cursed undead lich) and Ysmir being the defeted (got his soul trapped in the mantella).

Maybe Zurin also got his soul trapped in the mantella, but either way i think my point still stands

Its not victor/defeated but rebel/king; the cycle continues ever and user even though in our more real world enantiomorphs there was a victor. The king is deposed and becomes the rebel which seeks to overthrow the new king and so on.

I've got to say, I'm really enjoying the MK Dream Lore discussion here.

Time to be that guy: What exactly was Pelinal, how did he fit into it all, and what all did he know? Men were smothered by moths when they asked him, and he wore armor of the future time.

And the Dreamer, the Godhead, is he supposed to be a man? A normal man, in our world?

If the entire cosmology of the ES is inside the mind of a single being, does that mean that any being within the ES has the (untapped) capability of creating just as grand a schema in their own cranial meatdrive?

With the mention of Mothships and Sunbirds, does that mean that Imperials and Altmer managed to actually travel to other plane(t)s? Is this common knowledge within the game?

Is CHIM akin to waking up in the Matrix, knowing that you're in a dream but being a lucid dreamer?

Say what you want about MK's lore, but I'd be proud to have a forum like this debating something I'd created.

Oh, and was the Eye of Magnus that we encountered just the shell of a mining robot from the 8th Era or whatever?

Pelinal was a elf-murdering terminator.

The Godhead may be a man like us.

Yes.

Yes and not really.

Mostly.

So, following the king/rebel dichotomy, and assuming that Ysmir Wulfharth was the king who the rebel tiber/Hjalti overthrew while Zurin Arctus observed, I almost wonder if the Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim might relate back to it. You have the (likely) shezzarine LDB slaying the Emperor, who says "But of course. You and I have a date with destiny. But so it is with assassins and emperors, hmm?" Would that imply that the LDB's (also implied to be an incarnation of Ysmir) slaying of Titus Mede II could perhaps be a continuation of the cycle, this time with Ysmir slaying the Emperor? I realize I'm now dipping into iffy territory for a number of reasons, not the least of which being the dubious canonicity of the Skyrim DB questline, but the question does prod at me.

I'd be happy to ERP with you.

As for where to find RP partners, if you don't mind ESO, there's a lot of players on there, as well as the ESO RP unofficial forums.

That assassination was just a contract kill. I wouldn't say that it was a rebel overthrowing an emperor, unless your character was a Stormcloak or something along the line, which makes the matter be up to interpretation.

Well, there was no observer...
Also, I don't think TLD is Ysmir. He is ysmir (title) but not Ysmir (god/"ghost of lorkhan"), since Talos took his place.

Unless the Observer was the Night Mother. Spooky...

She watches you masturbate.

You both control jointly. Good RP is just fiction writing with a co-author.

I passionately hate TESO, I don't want to talk to any of those people.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but my skype is Isaacthekhajiit

I feel like there may actually be a number of people who could potentially be the observer (the Night Mother included), though I wonder if Astrid could count, especially due to her being at the very least "maimed" during the course of the questline. It's a stretch, certainly, but I'll admit a certain fascination with the idea of the LDB somehow fundamentally changing the nature of the Empire.

Not either of you guys, but my head-canon is that the LDB sides with the Stormcloaks, kills the Emperor, and takes the throne as his rightful duty. He *is* dragonborn after all.

You'd have better luck on Tumblr or Livejournal/Dreamwidth. This is the "needs dice and rules" side of the house.

But there is no more need for a Dragonborn emperor as the covenant was broken and the dragon fires no longer need to be lit. Their only duty was to end Alduin and they did so. There is no more need for TLDB unless more metaphysics begin to manifest.