Warhammer 40k general

New CSM units leaks and pictures edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Not the FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GBö/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Csm are so desperate to be broken again that they'll believe anything sub edition :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Webstore-Blog/2016/07/25/Using-all-the-Space-Marines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for Chikun on those pictures

>New CSM units

Do you have any source ?

2nd for f r e s h m e m e s

>No palm trees
C O M E O N S O N

>Csm are so desperate to be broken again that they'll believe anything sub edition :^)

That's some marine privilege if I have ever seen it.

>desperate to be broken
It's not that.

It's that the wait for been disappointed is worst than disappointment itself.

>Csm are so desperate to be broken again that they'll believe anything sub edition :^)

>broken again

3.5 Iron Warrior gunline was the only time we got anything close to be "broken". Using quotes here because it was a good yet fair strategy.

But of course you can't know that because you are probably an underage fag playing SM that started with 6th ed like most of the shitposters in here.

OP you are cruel

>what would hell be, if it's prisoners could not dream of heaven

>Really? I've never had luck with the Ruststalkers, they were always too flimsy to make use of the AP2 stuff.
>But I'll try it out, sounds pretty neat

Okay so the key trick is to make use of three things:

1: The 12 inch debuff bubble means that most enemy models will have I3 or lower when you hit them with your grenade-toting Ruststalkers.
2: Combine that with the doctrines, and you can get WS7 vs WS3 for that extra defensive buff.
3: Your slaughterspint, plus the infiltrators... Infiltrating, means that you should be able to pull an absolutely brutal charge off fairly early in the game. Positioning and timing is paramount of course, but you can really make your enemy reel from it.

Then of course, add in that one of your Ruststalker units has Zealot from the Omniscient Mask for that particularly stubborn unit.

Are Khorne Daemons the weakest of the 4?
They seem to die off very easily.

Friendly game against Necron wraith spam with no cheese formation. (I run out of Rhinos so I used a Crusader, meaning I had to drop an Exorcist)

+++ Sisters & Inquistion (1498pts) +++

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (453pts) ++

+ HQ (63pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

+ Elites (390pts) +

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (390pts) [3x Crusader, 5x Death Cult Assassin, Psyker]
··Land Raider Crusader [Dozer Blade, Psybolt Ammunition]

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1045pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (290pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (360pts) +

Dominion Squad (180pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (180pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]

+ Heavy Support (260pts) +

Exorcist (130pts) [Storm Bolter]

Exorcist (130pts) [Storm Bolter]

Sauce?

I'm bringing a Nurgle Daemonic Incursion w/GUO vs. Eldar with 1 Wraithknight, a ton of Scatter Bikes, a couple Warp Hunters, and idk what else. It's his 1850 ITC list for FoB, LVO, BAO, etc.

How do I ensure my 4 squads of Plague Drones catch his bikes turn 2? I dont know much about Eldar jet bikes, but my Plague Drones are jet pack cavalry.

After some proper critic.

What FW tanks do i pick if i wanna live the stug life? Any other hull mounted guns than thunderers?

Typhon yo.

Speed, friend. Speed, speed, speed.

My typical pure Khorne daemons list looks something along these lines:

40 flesh hounds in two units, one led by Karnak and the other by a jugger-Herald with axe and locus.

D-thirster,

Skull cannons to clear some chaff and act as grenades,

Minimum troops, perhaps with an axe on the leader,

And a Blood Slaughterer or two, just for fun.

Footslog everything. Rush to close the jaws of your twin hound units on either flank of the board, granting yourself a fierce front for opposing target priority to face. D-thirster should use terrain to partially shield itself from fire, and by the time your footslogging Bloodletters cross the board, they ought to be on cleanup duty. By not deep striking them and having more pressing threats, they ought to still be at full strength when they charge in.

I see nothing here that will kill wraiths. Your inq squad in the LRC will just tarpit.

You know meltas aren't great vs them, nor are flamers

Arkurian Pattern Stormblade.

Solar Auxilia Medusa/Basilisk

Some other stuff.

Is not like SoB have anything beside meltas, flamers and bolters. (Combi-Plasmas do not count to be fair, since there can only be one in each squad)

Basically I'm trying to force wounds, eventually they will fail their save.

I like it and personally like a Crusader in there more than another Exorcist. Flamers are your best tools when dealing with Wraiths, we'll necrons really.

How viable is a Deathwing terminator only list?

Well, yeah, thats the restriction, but you haven't really taken anything that will help with their main issue (wraiths).
You've taken allies so clearly you're open to it, so maybe ally something in to kill wraiths.

>3.5
>Not broken
>Not the most broken just behind eldars

Fair enough. Here is your source, look for "young Vietnamese girl jenny"

The thing is I basically have some old third edition footslogging Black Templars, bunch of random models that work like charm for Inquisition.

You'll auto lose turn one

iirc, Deathwing must Deepstrike and therefore you cannot have an all-Deathwing army because you have no models on the table.

>terminators
>viable outside of 4e ass cannon spam and 5e TH/SS

You rang?

So there are no formations for it? Do you have to run like a landraider spearhead formation attached to it, so you have something starting on the board?

So terminators just are not competative anymore?

Haven't been for a long time.

The formations don't allow for turn 1 deep strikes, the best you can do if you want to go mono deathwing is drop pod in a couple of dreadnoughts, but even then that's unreliable as fuck.

Dark angels used to have the last viable terminator list with their 6th ed codex, but the 7th ed one has stripped them back and either nerfed or removed important parts of how deathwing lists operated. It's a shame.

Guys I need lewd 40keks confessions for my blog

They're pretty terrible.

I know this is a dumb question, but why does GW ruin so many cool lists in 40k?! It's so annoying. I started playing back in the day, 4th edition up until end of 5th. Picked it back up a few months ago and have been running some marines I have left over at my LGS. The game just kinda feels silly now. Random charge distances, drop pods, crazy gargantuans etc. I wish 40k stayed at 5th edition. It might just be my nastolgia making it feel better, but it just seemed like a better game. I am having fun running my armies now in 7th, but 40k is just not as good anymore IMO. Still fun for a few hours every Saturday afternoon before I got out.

>incoming Slaaneshi derail replete with 7' flaccids, transgender facilities, and Raptor guys army of homemade deviants.

Does the Start Collecting! Militarum tempestus formation help scions as a core force? Or are they still doomed to be some ally mini-dex only?

Drop pods have been since 4th and earlier. If you're going to get mad at least know what you're being mad about.

The only valid complaint on that list is randomized charge distances, more so that you don't move at all if you fail a charge. The rest are fine and only one is negative because of two specific factions being busted as shit with theirs.

Started 3rd edition* not 4th

>fair strategy

Yes, 4 pie plates and 9 obliterators on top of your 6 man las/plas squads. Totally legit.

Lets not forget the fun of twin-lash princes in the next book.

They are spammed way more now. When I started nobody ran them.

Any Dark Eldar players out there have advice for painting/assembling the Raider? I have no idea how to approach this beast.

Have you tried reading the instructions?

Back then They were forge world only, they kind of sucked, no turn 1 deep strike, most players never used them

Now they are the backbone of many space marine lists

Yeah was gunna say, I never saw them until recently.

First off, goggle shit, you may find your answer.

Next the formation says if the scions die and the commissar is still alive he can place an exact copy of the scions into reserve.

New to the game, been reading through the rules and building my army, and I've been putting together my Orks. I was going to make it using the Great WAAAAGH!-band detatchment, but there's an ability that it grants that.. just seems like I'm reading it wrong.

The rule is "Da boss iz watchin". It says "Units with the Mob Rule special rule that include at least one model from this detachment or formation gain a +2 modifier to any rolls on the Mob Rule table. However, should any of these units suffer hits from the Breaking Heads or Squabble results on the Mob Rule table, they will suffer D3+3 Strength 4 AP- hits instead of D6 Strength 4 AP- hits"

So, the Mob rule is rolled every time you fail a morale check. on a 1, you get Born to Fight, which if the unit is locked in combat, it passes the morale check or pinning test, and if its not, it fails. on a 2-3 you get Breaking Heads, which makes it suffer hits and is treated as if it passed the morale or pinning test, but fails if there aren't any characters in the group. On a 4-6, you get squabble, which if it has 10 or more models, you suffer hits and it is treated as if it passed, but if it has less than 10 units, it fails.

So.. if I'm reading it right, it means that on a 1 you get Breaking Heads, and on a 2-6 you get squabble? That seems very shitty, because there are several groups that are less than 10 models in the great waaaaagh band.

I know what it does, I was looking to see if anyone has any experience with it.

Sorry, sir. Orks and that supplement especially are beyond fucked. The rule in question is plain retarded and the only benefit is for shooty giant blobs of orks... which no-one runs because orks are choppy.

But you didn't answer his question, all you did was give him some sanctimonious drivel, you fucking retard.

I ran that when shootas were free and 9+ blobs were fearless. 3 big 30 strong hordes was fun as fuck.

Sorry, I mean good sections to paint before assembly. It's tough figuring out which parts will be inaccessible after being put together.

Really? I mean.. It doesn't even make sense lore wise. The boss of the great waaagh band is watching, so we're gonna have a 1 in 6 chance of staying in line if there's a leader in the group, and then a 5 in 6 chance of squabbling?

Nice thanks.

Related question, how do you run russ battle tanks? Sponsons seem pretty pointless since ordinance shits all over that. Is there even a point in taking battle cannon russes?

So, I had the idea, while shitting on the clock, about a stupidly super-elite GK list. Dreadknights shunt up the sides of the board with the termies in the middle acting as a deep strike beacon. Draigo+Lib+BannerPaladins as 1 deep strike group and the other Paladins as another group. And walk around wrecking shit(in theory).

How fast do you guys think I'd get tabled?

The other main guns have their niches, and you put sponsons on Ordnance Russes for a) weight of fire, or b) as a soak for Weapon Destroyed (hon. mention c) so your Demolisher can shoot things more than 24" away). Battle Cannons make MEQs cry bitch-tears (assuming they don't scatter too far...), and they can shoot anything they can see, so they make decent back-line fire support. YMMV, ofc.

Forgot pic

Exclusively nurgle Daemonic Incursion.

Y/N?

(big bird a shit)

My issue is mostly that 90% of my opponest are slaaneshi daemons, orks, nids, SoB with inq allies with few actual sisters and mostly meltas and monkeys in transports and exorcists hiding under a triple AV 14 bubble.

Pie plates always seem so pointlesly lack luster, to the point where i only use three basilisks because i have them and that i'm stubbornly trying to get them to work dedpite them almost always prove to be dead weight. Russes just seem to be more points for about the same/less hurt that dies just the same in cc on turn two anyway.

I just wanna use a damn tank without feeling like im gimping myself.

if you mean kairos then he's a damn good buy and from mandatory to kind of need him

nurgle incursion can work well (actually this is for all the formations) with msu and denying overwatch. if you need more punch take the 3 soulgrinder formation and a CAD. hell i'm tempted to use that soul grinder formation, i already have 2 defilers so I would just need a soul grinder

>Monkeys
>SoB

At least you can say the Daemon Host pure hearted individuals that sacrificed himself to the Emperor or some bullshit. But Xenos and SoB absolutely disgusting.

Y
It's super OP vs shooting armies.

Drop Pods aren't even remotely close to fine.

I never got what was so good about him, seems like people are overly afraid of the warp storm.

They fail spectacularly every time though, and when i finally threw my marines at his army, they sll died to drop pod stormbolters.

The main issue with the SoB army is that i have to tailor my army and strategy entirely to deal with the tripple AV14 shields.

>people seem overly afraid of the table that fucks you over 1/6 of the time
Sure, he's not that necessary in the Incursion, but you really want some form of mitigation.

AV14 Landraiders? Or I'm missing something in 7th.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Webstore-Blog/2016/07/25/Using-all-the-Space-Marines

Taking this is implicit permission to field Drop Pods as CSM, are there any viable builds enabled by this? MSU Plague Pod Spam seems interesting, maybe backed up by some Chaos fliers.

Something like

>Combined Arms Detachment
Chaos Lord- Mark of Nurgle- 80
Plague Marines (5)- Meltagun (2), Combi-melta, Drop Pod- 185
Plague Marines (5)- Plasma Gun (2), Combi-plasma, Drop Pod- 185
Plague Marines (5)- Plasma Gun (2), Combi-plasma, Drop Pod- 185
Hell Blade- Helstorm Autocannons- 115
Hell Blade- Helstorm Autocannons- 115
Chaos Fire Raptor- 200
>Cyclopia Cabal
Sorcerer- Mastery Level 3, VotLW, Spell Familiar- 130

If you math it out, his warlord trait, combined with his other reroll, combined with the warpstorm +/-1 from incursion lets you get a roll of 10 or 11 something like 50% of the time.

So, it isn't that people are afraid of the warpstorm. The warpstorm actually becomes your greatest asset with kairos in an incursion.

>that one game against the tau where i totally had it turn 1, gave a exalted seeker chariot 2++ due to book and warp surge
>that feel when the next turn i got 6++ and totally got shot to hell

rarely happens but a reroll is helpful. he has lots of powers but it's the warp storm reroll people love

i've had it score first blood a few times and really hurt the enemy to my amusement

>Taking this is implicit permission to field Drop Pods as CSM,

Except it isn't, as CSM's aren't considered to be a Space Marines faction. They're Chaos Space Marines, and entirely different faction, which is even detailed in our own Codex under the Veterans of the Long War section.

We have our own drop pods from FW. It's not much, but it's something.

Na, I always got on fine without him.
Most of the 'time punished by the gods' just kills some no name squad leader that I summoned and 'the warp recedes'.

From memory I can only count one occasion when it cost me the game compared to three games it won for me.
Keeper punished by the gods.
Nurgle killing a hive tyrant first turn, ignoring all his saves.
Khorn instant-deathing an entire librarius conclave.
Tzeentch herald possessing a farseer, scuttling to cover then turning in to a bloodthirster.

Fortification that basically works as a massive immovable transport to every friendly unit with in 12 of it. So every turn i have to glance or pen AV 14 three times if i wanna shoot anything inside the 12 bubble. If i miss the target, i somehow also miss the massive bubble. It makes shootibg matches near impossible to win unless i spam long range anti armour weapons, which will the struggle to deal with the crusader and assassin death stars and faste melta that starts shooting the second they leave the safety of the bubble. Meanwhile, the three exorcists inside shower my dudes with missile spam.

Only thing that i have seen works i picking marines and just cram all 1850 points into the 12 radius bubble as fast as possible.

There is no "Space Marine" faction that includes all the others as far as the rules are concerned. That's why VotLW has to specify that it means all the non-Space Marine Space Marine books.

From a rules perspective, Blood Angels taking Grav Cents and Stormwolves is the same as Chaos Space Marines taking Drop Pods.

Nurgle Incursion with like a daemon prince or two, or even a GUO is arguably a top tier list. Tallyband fucks shooty armies bad, and tallyband with a rotswarm of appreciable size or a nurgle forgehost is bad fucking news.

Do I fit big bird in there, even though I hate the flavor?

With Kairos and an incursion you can do shit like routinely choose between possession and warp surge which are huge outcome determining effects. Possession is more situational, but auto-killing a character psyker or a flyrant or something will win you games.

Fateweaver is an incredibly good unit in just about any daemon list and probably one of the best psyker units/FMCs in the game, it's tough to recommend against him.

But hey, if you ever get bored of winning you can instead run him as a lord of change which is also an incredibly devastating unit but not quite so unstoppable (unless you give it an impossible robe)

The issue is mostly that I hate the flavor of running any Tzeentch unit in a nurgle army. I wonder if there's a way to fluff fateweaver as a nurgle force.

I got 2 squads of boyz in battlewagons.
1 squad has a mega armoured warboss with lukky stikk so he can pull off 2+ rerollable shenanigans to protect the squad.
Should I give the other squad eavy armour in this case? I don't have enough hq slots for a pain boy and I want them to survive in combat.
My meta does not have a lot of mass ap4 shooting a la Autocannons so I don't suppose I'll get dakkad to death regardless.

Well full fluffy you still have the base Nurgle "neverdie" shit, so there's that. It's just Fateweaver brings some mad offensive power with ML4 AND rerolls on Warp Storm AND using his once per turn reroll on the Warp Storm table
So what you're really sacrificing is offense, see

not even the mighty fateweaver can reroll a reroll

Lords of Change and Fateweaver especially, are totally capable of allying themselves with their sworn daemonic enemies if it serves their scheming. It's definitely not unthinkable that a big bird could find himself directing a tallyband to his own ends.

No that's not the point
If you roll snake eyes, you reroll total, but if you roll a 6 and a 1, just reroll the 1 and you've god a much better chance of something good.
Fateweaver can choose how he rerolls, that's what's so powerful.

ohh i got you.

Taking it even further, if all the Space Marines were one faction like you claimed, it would be kosher to field a CAD made up of any "Space Marine" units that you wanted. You could take a Grey Knight Librarian with some Grey Hunters in Drop Pods supported by Death Company and Iron Hands GravCents.

Behold a Ferrobeast, 40k's rust monster, and a middle finger to every cogboy and Iron Hand.

why does it look so confused
It's like "what the fuck am I doing here"

Unfortunately eavy armor is rarely worth it. If your meta is mostly AP 5 and AP - then give it a try, although a BW should deliver them to CC pretty reliably.

So do orks have assholes? Dicks? In the deff squadron boy an ork was using an outhouse so...

To be fair, at 1,500 he will only likely face one unit of 4 max. Just saying.

And that happens all the fucking time.
How the hell have you not heard of superfriends? It's amongst the number one lists right now.