Choose your character fa/tg/uys

Choose your character fa/tg/uys

Big Crimson is pretty OP right now, especially when grouped with a Grandguard or R.O. Randal. The only real threat against a comp like this is a good Samantha and Z.I.P., but no one really realizes that yet. The thing that makes this really good is when you have an Ether Rex to take out all their squishies in the back or a OSJ to just nuke the place.

Absolute Mad Man Tier
>Jeepers
>One Shot Johnny

High Tier
>Zippy Smalls
>Big Crimson
>Rock-out Randal
>Bumpsy

Mid Tier
>Brunt the Terrible
>Notorious Z.I.P.
>Ether Rex
>Crispy Bispy

Low Tier
>Rictor Mortis
>Samantha
>Donny "The Dome" Richardson
>The Grandguard

One shot johnny
ALL THE TIME EVERY TIME

NEVER DOUBT THE DOME

Dome is a pretty good tank desu, Though I dont think hes very fun to play, nice to have on the team though.

Samantha is actually very powerful if you have some good supports to distract enemies, It also helps to know good hiding spots.

>Donny "The Dome"
>Grandguard
>RO Randal

best stall team, fuck Jeepers/OSJ fags

What about a team of Samantha, Donny and Rictor?

get Assmantha out of that lineup and you have a start

Ether Rex because it looks like it needs a lot of skill, but can be pretty OP if played right.

>One Shot Johhny
>Ether Rex
Cancer team confirmed.

*teleports behind you*
>"heh....."
*unsheathes paralyzing poison*
>"nothing personnel.... shrimp....."
*lets One Shot Johnny one-shot entire enemy team*

Can't punt the Brunt.

Because it's spiky. The joke is that it's very sharp and trying to punt it would hurt.

I still don't get why they didn't give OSJ a passive. I know he's pretty strong if used correctly, but he still has major weaknesses. Hell even a slightly boosted Bumpsy can do his job for him.

So, who's the best tank, The Dome, Grandguard, Bumpsy, or Randal?

I prefer Bumpsy for sick charging action

actual game when

I tend to play Jeepers or Zippy Smalls, but the Dome can be fun for a little casual.

>mfw playing Bumpsy against OSJfags

Yeah, you're a half square faster, but I have my charge. We both kill the other in one hit, and that charge is worth more than your tiny blip of extra speed.

>HE DOESN'T DOME

ONE SHOT, WHOLE TEAM KILL

Who has the worst fanbase and why is it Randal?

Until the enemy chooses a Samantha and you spend all game too scared to go anywhere remotely near her.

Randal is bro-tier. And you need actual skill to tank with him.

>OSJ
>Afraid of Samantha
OSJ is more likely to fear Big Crimson

>there will never be a vidya based around super-powered shrimp battlan

True, but we can make it a grid-based board game.

I, too, am excited for Amphipod Arena

>needing to die to counter OSJ

Typically Crimson/Brunt logic. I prefer to kill him without having to sacrifice myself.

>Get ready to have fun
>I pick Crispy Bispy cuz I a bro
>Get a Grandguard, Samantha and Randal on my team.
>Decent balance
>We get on the map
>Push the clam closer and closer to the drop off point
>Nothing
>50m from Clam Delivery Point
>Still Nothing
>10m
>Suddenly Jeepers
>Jeepers everywhere
>An entire team of Jeepers spent the whole match cloning
>Move the clam maybe 2 fucking m before the match times out
>Play of the game is a fucking Jeepers splitting and tagging a wall while the clones do the work

Fucking Creeper cancer pay to win fucks...

>mfw jeepers and e rex are both on enemy team
>mfw there is no escape

Bumpsy if you want your opponent to drop off the game because it's taking too long

>Bots/Koreans playing Bumpsy or OSJ

Fuck me, human reflexes were never meant to reach that point.

Dude, you had a Samantha on your team, that's a fucking hard counter to Jeepers. Fucking face it faggot, you and your friends just suck at playing.

>Not maining Grandguard

It's like you want your shrimps on the barbie.

>Koreans
>human
>he doesn't know that they're the products of a eugenics program designed to minimize human reaction time

Jeepers is the easy hard counter to OSJ. All that damage ain't shit against crowds.

>Using Pay2Win DLC shit

I don't get all this salt for Jeepers, he's an easy counter

is a retard, E-Rex is EASILY the best counter for Jeepers.

>"Waaah! P-pay 2 Win c-cancer!"
>Plays CB
>Mfw

>not going jack-of-all-trades with Rictor the Dictor
>not being the glue that holds together your team.

Sure is a lot of Creeper cancer in this thread. How about you guys jump on OSJ for two seconds where you need actual skill to play and stop playing memeshrimp

>has Samantha
>loses to Jeepers

>Decide to try out Brunt
>get paralyzed by an E-Rex
>He kills himself because he decides to melee me instead of just relying on his poison
>mfw

FFS I wasn't the one playing the Samantha! Besides it was ONE Samantha and I was the only support Shrimp. Have you ever even seen what Jeepers can do when they have two solid minutes to clone?

NZ Literally does Rictor better and at least tries to keep up in the mobility game. Have fun dicking around while I'm already at the Clam Post.

This.

Bumpsy plus one shot johnny is so fucking OP.
>About to kill one shot johnny
>Bumpsy jumps right in front of me because he's a high speed tank
>One shot johnny kills me

Just played a game, still in awe.

>join a match of Capture the Reef
>playing Grandguard, have a Randal, Rictor Mortis, and Bumpsy on team
>enemy team is 2 Jeepers, OSJ, and Ether Rex
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>game is pretty intense even though the two Jeepers are no where to be seen
>the cancer combo must be VOIPing or something, they're way too coordinated for a random pub game
>capture ratio is 81% to 77% in our favor, 1 minute on the clock in a 10 minute match
>suddenly Jeepers
>Jeepers everywhere
>Jeepers are so bad they even choke my frame rate a few times
>lose track of the cancer combo
>match gets way more intense
>SUDDENLY OVERTIME
>no more respawn. Score is 98% to 99%
>cancer combo takes out me and Rictor, but Bumpsy manage to kill them off after Rictor suicide stunned them both.
>Cancer combo screaming in chat that Bumpsy is OP
>Bumpsy only has a sliver of health left after the toxic cloud spam
>where's Randal?
>he's on the point.
>parrying
>parrying hundreds, possibly thousands of Jeepers
>a couple of hits are contacting but he's holding strong
>parrying on levels I've never seen before
>Itslikeoneofmyjapaneseanimes.mov
>Randal's doing everything he can, killing individual jeepers inbetween parries but it's not enough to stop them from respawning
>SUDDENLY BUMP
>Bumpsy plows through the jeepers like a truck through a bunch of kindergartners
>any jeepers not wiped out got knocked off of the reef
>win the game by 1%

Finally, a modern fps multiplayer that fits my weird fucking aesthetic.

>tfw I really want this game to be real

There's two games that can satisfy your desire to some degree.

Ace of Seafood and Neo Aquarium.

Which character do you think has the best lore?

Bumpsy is king.

Ether Rex, probably.

Nigga, did you just read my mind?

Grandguard or Crispy for me. Brunt on some rare occasions

I like supporting.

I guess I'd take Brunt if there are too many support shrimp on my team.

shit I really want some pesto now

what the fuck kind of shrimp is one shot johnny

actually all of these things look insane

Brunt is great, since a good build can be used for either offensive support, tank, or aggro machine

Grandguard

How the hell do you beat the fiddler crab in the campaign?

Skeleton shrimp, the spookiest of the shrimp.

One. Punch. Johnny.

He's a cruel bastard, is what he is.
Don't cross him.

If you're playing co-op an Ether Rex can shut him down and a Bumpsy can keep him away from Ether. Takes a while, but it works with patience.

Wasn't it obvious? Destroy the weak joint behind it's large claw for massive damage, then wail on its gills.
Seriously, even DSP was able to figure it out.

For competitive Shrimp v Shrimp, it depends on competitive level.

Low level where all specials are not equal due to new and weak players sucking, I ignore the fact that Ether and Jeeps exist, ignore Persistent Rictor Disrupt, and take anything that can harass then engage. Samantha and Randal are good for this.

If the opposing team has someone who fastlocks OSJ, I go Crimson, who can nuke a Johnny with his death while focusing someone else, to go 2 for 1.

Competitive mode at moderate to high level, the threat of a good Ether means you want someone who can take Ether out of a fight. Dash engage on a Notorious or Zippy is more useful than Bumpsy against anyone else, but Bumpsy being able to send that shitty ether out of your team so he can't eat everyone who's paralysed is what won the EAC Open last year.

In Nudibranch Mode, I love nothing more than palying the dickface sacrificial OSJ that forces the nudibranch player to spawn lionsmane.

>Grandguard
>Immune debuffs
>Only two debuffs in the whole damn game.
>Rictor is a tank, so your tank is immune to tanks.
>Oh look I care

Grandguard exists to kill Ether and that is it.

>Still knocked back 50%
>50% of forever is still forever, and bumpsy knocks you back FOR FUCKING EVER.

Ether/Bumpsy duo queue still fucks you, like it fucks everyone else.

Rictor Mortis

>Grizzled Veteran
>Just trying to get out of the game
>Keeps getting pulled back in
>OSJ Kills his family
>It's personal now

It's so corny and tropey yet so good.

Its not that hard. Are you the same kind of retard that takes Donny the dome Richardson to fight the Mantis Shrimp?

Definitely not Notorious Z.I.P. Who approved that weebshit?

Damn, I wish this was a real game. Deep Sea Shrimp Battle would totally be up my alley.

Somebidy should also do the same thing based on this picture of different types of anglerfish.

>Play Donny
>Some queer on my team shells out the money for CB
>Activate THUNDAH DOME
>Tank and smoke OSJs the whole match

Anyone want to read my scat/vore/incest/hypnotism/foot/giantess/futa/hyper/reversebirthing/ss/guro/mpreg fanfic with Samantha, Jeepers and my herm shrimp OC Vortivask?

Sure, why not.

>A: Larry, built for speed but low on damage, has an ability that ups fire rate.
>B: Roquefort, has the ability to charge (at the cost of defence) and the ability to raise defence (at the cost of speed).
>C: Gulbrog the Plague, whose attacks splash and its ability lets his attacks damage over time, and spreads plague when killed.
>D: O'Malley, the caffeine medic, can heal allies and its ability allows the team to see stealthed enemies.
>E: Lasher, its lure can also be used as a whip to motivate the team, can snare faraway enemies towards you.
>F: Short-Fuse Sam, the explosives expert - can drop up to 5 mines and has an explosive death.
>G: Moniqua, can shoot high-powered laser beam from its lure - but has a long cooldown period.
>H: Bigmouth Johnson, big damage on melee attacks, and its ability allows it to go on a berserking spree.
>I: The Silencer, speedy assassin of the depths, can become invisible for a short while (and attacks while invisible crit) but is very vulnerable.
>J: Kruglov, jack of all trades, equal balance between defense, damage, and speed, its ability allows it to lob ricocheting grenades for a limited time.

although it pains me to see that people do ot play crispy aggressively enough and tend to forget his higher than average attack

you are supposed to suicide when you are about to die yourself, not at every opportunity, otherwise it is a boring character

This

how do you counter one shot johnny?

When it is used by uneskilled people its simple enough to just blow it with any attack, even Rictor mortis can fuck it off with a well timed stun or simply attacking it, but when OSJ is being used by someone with skill it is fucking unstoppable. I swear not even Grandguard can deal with its hits when it just simply runs away

I love this thread and everyone in it

Spam Grand Crimson, let your teammates protect and heal you. Then, when OPJ's in splash range, kill yourself by splash damage ricochet.
Or just Ether Rex fart spam everywhere.

randal if you want to be an offensive tank and have skilll, Donny Dome is the most traditional one and will just work better against those that just attack faster rather than hard hitters, countering rictor, zippy and jeppers much better. Grandguard is for dealing with ranged motherfuckers like samantha or heavy nukes like big crimson or johnny.
You forgot bumpsy, which is, hands down, the best tank for attacking teams that hard counters the other tanks, but beware, because they are very easy target for ether rex

Git gud with Randal scrub.

>being a tryhard with randal against fast hitters when others can do the job better

Touch Brunt with Johnny, and you die.

holy shit, it was obvious

it actually has a hidden passive in its regular attack, having a hitbox much longer than any other melee attack in the game

>Sheamus McKillingham
>Holy shit his punches break time and space.

>the equivalent to Mann Mode of TF2
But shit, he is really hard to beat. I mean, he can even see through E-Rex's stealth.

Is there a set of actual rules written out for this?

If so: Where can I find it?
If not: Why haven't we made one?
Deep-ocean based shrimp fantasy exploration/battle RPG?

Weak from the rear though. Tank up with dome and spam with Jeepers and Johnny

His whole point is invalidating everything everyone can do.
>See throught E-Rex's health
>Punch fast enough that OSJ can't dodge it
>Punch hard enough that Donny can't survive it with his special
Brunt can actually kill the mantis with his 10% damage reflect but since he will die anyway its a moot point. I find Zippy works well with his turbo boost to run in, hit him, and run out, but even that requires a ton of luck.

B U M P S Y
U
M
P
S
Y

NOW AND FOREVER

New player here, which one is the easiest character to play for newbies ?

not to mention the most bullshit part is being able to redirect samantha's rockets

If I ever wanted Veeky Forums to get shit done, it's right here and right now.

obviously rictor mortis, although its special is so good for new players that when you go to try new characters you will feel naked without the shockwave at first

Rictor Mortis Mains
>unable to master the other shrimp
Samantha Mains
>waifufags
Brunt Mains
>acceptable skill, but often overestimate the spike damage
Zippy Smalls Mains
>constant screaming into the mic in an attempt to start the newest meme
Notorious ZIP Mains
>considers himself a technical genius. in reality he can't win on a server where critical hits are turned off
Ether Rex Mains
>doesn't realize Ether is a support character, will freak out when someone "steals his kills"
Big Crimson Mains
>wanted to play one shot johhny, but had to be a hipster
Rock-Out Randal Mains
>will talk shit on the other tanks, while neglecting to protect his team
The Grandguard Mains
>a nine-year old who thinks he's invincible. when show otherwise, he will accuse the opposing team of being hackers
Bumpsy Mains
>will ignore all other players in favor of harassing one shot johnnies, who he thinks he has a rivalry with
One Shot Johnny Mains
>the same people who play little mac in smash 4

I keep hearing the devs going to do this little expy. Opinions?