Rifts Miniatures?

Thanks to the Savage Worlds conversion I'm going to be running a Rifts game soon. I'm looking for miniatures to use, but the Rifts minis line is pretty limited. And pic related is "backordered." Which probably means it won't be available again anytime soon.

So I'm looking for other models that would work as Rifts minis. Spellcasters and demons and such are easy to find. So I'm mostly looking for high tech stuff that's similar to Rifts art. The sci-fi parts of Reaper's Chronoscope line look promising. Any other ideas?

Also Rifts general I guess.

Anything is possible, so anything is useful.

I once sat at my FLGS opening packs of the Star Wars prepaints while listening to a complete idiot try to run Rifts. I recall thinking that every miniature I pulled out of those random packs was Rifts appropriate.

They could not possibly have chosen a worse system to reboot Rifts than Savage Worlds. I mean, it's hard to pick a system worse than Savage Worlds in the first place. In terms of generic systems there are FAR better options: GURPS, Cortex, and FATE, to name a few.

Savage Worlds takes a decent core mechanic and lumps on a shitty wild die that is arbitrarily assigned because "muh plot" and fills the character with bennies that require the player to know all of their uses to use effectively. Not to mention, Benny effectiveness is heavily dependent on session length, so if you don't play the recommended 4 to 6 hours the game becomes wildly unbalanced.

The game is full of garbage trap options like in 3.5, the chargen is basically minmaxing Flaws like in GURPS except worse, shotguns are brokenly powerful giving a flat +2 to hit which in this system is basically only missing on a 1. They also do broken-ass damage because of exploding dice. The exploding dice also turn combat into a slogfest occasionally punctuated by someone actually dying; usually from a fucking ridiculous amount of damage.

I played Savage Worlds for a good three years now. Never will play it again, it is an arsed system that is half narrative bullshit, half autistic wargame, and entirely terrible.

Now that you are done being helpful, do you have any miniatures recommendations?

>Anything is possible, so anything is useful.
In theory that's true. In practice most non-magic Rifts characters wear some sort of high tech armor and carry energy weapons.

>I mean, it's hard to pick a system worse than Savage Worlds in the first place.
Well there's Rifts original system.

>"muh plot"
>half narrative bullshit

Kind of.

It's not even that though really. Its like 40k levels of acknowledging modern game design with things like bennies, but implementing them in a shitty way.

Agree on all your other points. Terrible system and it and RIFTS deserve each other.

A lot of Infinity models would fit right into Rifts, but are pricey to just use as RPG figures.

can confirm, shit vag worlds is a pile of trash second only to that pile of shit fate

Waaah. I can't vaporize the Moon. This system sucks!

You know... I could run a game of Basic D&D and never have a single die roll. The "muh plot" argument if entirely based on the GM running the game. Exploding dice represents the reality of combat. Every time you get shot by a gun or cut by a sword, it's not going to do the same range of damage. You can't plan to just take hits because you know the enemy isn't capable of actually hurting you. It's a lethal strike. A vital wound. Etc.

Awwww.... does the unpredictability scare you? Awwww.... is the "muh plot" narrative-driven game too hard for you? Use some setting rules and you're fat.

Have you ever even played Savage Worlds? Comparing it to FATE screams otherwise. Savage Worlds has pretty traditional attributes, skills, experience, levels (ranks) and even encumbrance.

FATE's character sheet is like... "How do you feel about this?" "What's your motto?"

Different games. Try to lay off the bandwagon.

Is this a copypasta? I could have sworn I read these exact words in some other Rifts/Savage Worlds thread.

How would someone fix the skill system in Rifts?

Consistency; Flat percentiles for everything.

Maybe nerfing a few of the more overpowered ones.

Here's a pdf with all of the skills, btw.
I'm tempted to do my own thing where I edit and rebalance all this shit into something more manageable.

>FATE's character sheet is like... "How do you feel about this?" "What's your motto?"

this is cancer t b q h

Hell, I'll go ahead and start sketching out my hack right now.

>Dice Mechanics
To make a skill check, roll 1d10 and compare it to your skill rating. If the roll is equal to your skill rating or under, it's a success.
(I'm dropping the one's place die since the added granularity barely ever matters.)
If you roll exactly equal to your skill rating, it's a critical success.
To make an opposed skill roll, have each side make their skill checks. If both succeed, the higher of the two rolls wins.

Each level of experience beyond the first gives you one reroll on each skill check. This replaces the 5% per level adjustment to base skill rating.

>Base Skill
The base skill rating for all skills is 30%.

>Skill Specialization
The skill list is cut down into a smaller and more general list of skills, and each skill has a list of specializations you can select from. Skill specializations add +10% to your skill's rating when they are relevant.

>Skill Synergy
Some skills are synergistic with one another; add +10% to your skill's rating if you are trained in a synergistic skill.

it is

Rifts sucks so hard. I love it.

Speaking of Savage Worlds RIFTS - Anyone have the Game Master's Guide and/or the Foes book they just put out?