How can infantry players even compete?

How can infantry players even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tzvY1OzoDbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that mold line

Well it used to be that the tonk would have to hide behind its own infantry or hope to stop them with firepower before they could charge it with krak grenades, I guess that's gone.

Lascannon walls.

900 points to kill one tank a turn isn't impressive senpai.

that looks like a dick

no but 900 points to kill anything you point them at is. in fact. its glorious done right.

'sup?

your dick has glowing blue ribs?

With that many plasma guns I don't think the tank needs to worry about infantry

Yours doesn't?

dat feel when i rolled a 1 and got too hot

>las-
>not auto-

gay

14 front armor unless you can roll a 7 on a d6 your shit outa luck with autocannons

Is it not supposed to?

That's when you get *even more* autocannons. Blot out the ground with them until the enemy has no choice but to show a side.

when bullets fail fire more bullets into the other bullets to bullet the bullet!

Alternatively.
Infantry tank hunter teams with meltas are great when dropped out of a Valkyrie, Behind the enemy tank.

Thats suicide! who would volunteer for such a job!

people who were told to by theit comissar.

the people who [s] Got Drafted. Recycled or forced [/s] Happily Volunteered for the Mighty Imperial guard in his Emperors Name.

oh
Strikethrough does not work here

In a 6 turn game that thing shoots 30 gets hot shots, 5 of which will get hot and kill itself the roughly 50% of the time you roll only 2 4+ on 5 dice. They compete by not killing themselves.

exterminator cannon dosnt get hot (just incase you added those)

Don't vehicles ignore Get's Hot, or did they change that when I wasn't looking?

but what do Plasma Cannons have over Lascannons en masse?

they do now, tho the exterminator cannon is different

blasts? also that thing is lobbing out 5 of them a turn

Better rate of fire and small blast, allowing you to clear up groups of heavy infantry and light vehicles in a hurry.

Not like that it doesn't
B̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶
Literally the first result if you google strikethrough, though that may be because I've used it before

Do you mean Executioner cannon? Because it does.

this is true.
but i didn't mean One lascannon. i meant 30.
though that makes the plasma more like a rapid fire cannon?

does not at least not for pred tanks

like any other, what the fuck are you implying?

>How can infantry players even compete?
>>>
> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)17:23:11 No.48464523▶
>>that mold line
also don't the lascannons get to twin link fire under a certain circumstance?
the Apoc formation i mean.
with the 30 weapons.

also this is the most civilized and helpful discussion about Armour and Infantry fighting Armour i've had for a whole year.

Well the Leman Russ Executioner Plasma Cannon in Codex Astra Militarum most certainly does Get Hot

im thinking of the plasma destroyer thingy

Your entire warrior culture is based on a melta gun, with absolutely no finesse or doctrine, just a neat gun.

Think about that for a second.

But that's what makes it good!

no regrats

How many years does it take to train a fire dragon?

How many years to train the Scion/Kasrkin/Storm trooper that just killed them at range, while said fire dragons are busy poking a tank with the big dicky looking melta guns?

Got a armoured battalion list floating around for my ig somewhere.
For when i want to mop up the tears at my flgs.
For bonus points, take that scanner that gives twin linked.
And dont forget the coacial shit!

It's had Gets Hot for years.

No one needs training to point a weapon at a huge target from a few metres away

They spend most of their time in the shrine goofing off

that actually sounds kinda funny.
The eldar people doing weird stuff in the shrine.
eheheh.

Why bring tanks when you can RULE THE SKIES?!

That makes sense, given how their life expectancy in battle is less than anything else in the game.

>what does it matter
>we'll be dead soon anyway
>empties bottle

During deployment my line guard army looks 1000 times cooler than your faggy powergame army with everyone in transports, flying vehicles, and tanks. There's nothing like getting an eyecandy boner from filling up your entire deployment zone with hundreds of imperial guardsmen.

Also people actually like playing against me because its fun to take tons of guardsmen off the table every turn.

Together we can rule the sky's as father and son.

youtube.com/watch?v=tzvY1OzoDbQ

Can Guard make effective lists combining significant presences of both infantry AND tanks?
Or do you really need to focus on one, to obsolete all the shit your opponent brought to handle the other

Meet Mechanized Infantry.All infantry are vets with Carapace Armour. Every squad rides in a tank. Grab some Scions in taurox primes with missiles for the extra template toss.
have at least one leman russ for every situation.
Throw in some Hell hounds and Devil dogs. Plus maybe a shadowsword or something and you are gtg
also grab a hydra. usefulness is beyond just AA. makes a handy infantry guard in a pinch.

One does not simply use strikethrough on Veeky Forums.

OOGA BOOGA

>Hello, you have been selected for this year's heretic thinning games, sponsored by Inquisitor Cooper.
>Would you like death by death, or death by flying monkeys?
>Uhhh, what?
>You have chosen death by monkeys. Have a pleasant day.
>Door opens
>Chimp noises begin to louden

Its actually only 18 gets hot rolls, the main cannon only needs to roll once not per blast.

Wrong. Go and read the Gets Hot rules again.

>I'M HERE TO PEEL HERETICS AND EXECUTE BANANAS

>Are you sure that's the right order George?

>See? We were right to call them Mon'Keigh all along!

>it aint me starts playing

Fookoff shill

I'm not a shill I just have a love of apekino you filthy pleb.

>t. shill

Come on son I'm not a shill I'm just enjoying the memes. I remember the Godzilla trailer as well and how much the movie sucked in comparison to it. Chances are king nigger is gonna suck as well, doesnt mean I cant joke about it.

Ahem.

where faggot? on the plasma barrel? you know how hard it is to remove that shit?? i bet you dont even paint your shit faggot-- you got a whole fucking army of plastic, faggit

Except that they also have to be demolitions and explosives experts, and part of their training involves being able to physically survive the heat of their own gun while wearing next to nothing while keeping from burning their own flesh.

Next to nothing? They're in 3+ suits, that ought to have some heat insulation built in

It does, but what you have to understand is that the produce from most Melta-class weaponry carries enough heat to make Plasma Guns (the ones so often recited as spewing out a miniature star, as a metaphor) blush. Even if we're talking space-magic materials, a simple splash from a particularly resilient material is going to kill everyone in a small radius who's not wearing armour and burn anyone who is.

Meltaguns are a lot more difficult to use than most people think due to their collateral damage capabilities, it's even harder when your army is effectively gymnasts: the faction whenever it's moving about with flips and ludicrously fluid motions.

Guardsmen seem to survive alright, on table and books
If they were that bad, then they'd Get Hot

Is that Furious George?

It's less to do with the actual weapon's heat, as it produces a far larger amount of material to spread the energy through, and more to do with how quickly you're going to get yourself killed if you willy-nilly shoot at things with your spray of, what is essentially plasma.

The faster you're moving, the harder it will be to determine where the spray is going to go exactly, Guardsmen also need training to use Melta weapons, but they don't have to use them while going full gymnast through enemy lines.

mech guard with vets in chimeras is a thing. It's not the game warping win button it was two editions ago, hell it isnt even tier 1 anymore, but it is still a thing.

Fluff harder dude. Guard does that shit in +5. +4 if they're lucky. Ain't nobody gonna sympathize with you space faggots.

That particular moldline is one of the hardest to remove of any I've encountered. Good luck removing it without damaging the plasma coils.

No, he's right. You roll once for each weapon firing.

Them getting killed by their own weapons seems pretty fanciful, as does them going full gymnast.

I'm sure they have weapons training, but the main training of a fire dragon is probably about small unit tactics. Reading the flow of battle, coordinating movement, covering fire and taking cover. Maybe something to do with hunting beasts/tanks.

Not even the plasma coil, but the mold line on the metal right next to it.

Do I look like I give a fuck?

groups of suicidal guys with krak grenades

westillhaveZEROvisibility.png

This. Catachans do it with just a fucking wifebeater on. Eldar scum are so fucking FLIMSY.

Yeah, but Guard has like 10 wounds for each meltagun.

But user, only one model can use a grenade in assault.

I don't think so.

That's what the FAQ says. Granted, it's still a draft, but if it sticks, oh boy...

You make it sound like 10 wounds per meltagun is a bad thing. It's not like the 10 wounds are for the guards getting nuked by their own gun. If you're going to mix fluff and crunch, pay attention.

That has similar viability to IRL helicopter cockpits.

you can get that to one krak and one meltabomb as it is one grenade per type

That is true.

Drop pod with melta laden sternguard

No, their training is in blowing things up even better than just using a melta gun.
Ensured destruction and getting another +1 on the damage chart is awesome.

The training to not have them die is what the player needs to do. 6" away. Exactly, except the exarch with the firepike.

Battle focus also makes them really good at their job, but that's general eldar thing. It's the ensured destruction that's boss.

Pretty sure that image is older than those rules.

the image is (and still funny), but argument that came before and after is mostly what I was responding to, and wrong.

The argument that Fire Dragons have nothing making them any better than just guardsmen with melta guns is just not true anymore. And kinda untrue under the old rules too, but close enough. And the argument I specifically linked, that their training was about 'surviving the blast'

Look man, their entire existence can be summed up as "Get out of transport, start pulling triggers, die"

As an Ork player, I hope it doesn't fucking stick. Tankbustas got gutted just from that change.

Then the Ork FAQ went and kicked us while we're down.

That is fucking thoroughly disturbing.

I sort of like mold lines on vehicles. It gives the impression that the machine was actually built instead of coming shipped to the frontlines in one piece

As a SM player i have absolutely no answer to 14 armor. Shit sucks.

Dicks out for Harambe.
Also, check 'em.

>A culture based on focusing the hate of the Eldar race, the curled fist of the Aspect Shrine, punching the fuck out of things symbolizing the might of Khaine himself
>Just a neat gun
Suck a dick, Mon'keigh.

They don't die that quick. 3+ saves are pretty decent.
And they are much better at making things blow up than there comparisons in other races.

Plus, just one or two left can run around blowing shit up pretty damn well.