ITT
Pick a setting (Manga, Vidya, Film, whatever) you want to adapt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8cnbb7ejzUE
youtube.com/watch?v=BTGZlflKzuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anarchy Online,

the greatest.

All things considered not the most original setting perhaps but I do like it.

I've always wanted to do a something with Riddick's setting, specifically a Butcher Bay inspired game, but never got around to it.

Maybe some day.

The Russian Civil War/Polish-Soviet War.

I would say that Destiny could be pretty neat to adapt. I mean say what you want about the game itself, but the setting is totally rad.

West Marches style of course.

Kind of recursive since it sprang from the authors' GURPS campaign, but I would dearly love to play a game in this.

Seriously, how in the hell has Steve Jackson games not released a supplement for this? One of the big, beautiful splatbooks like they used to make back in the day would be such a great resource for the series. I want it badly, Veeky Forums, I want that to be a thing so badly.

The game was only OK, but a strange modern science fantasy dungeon dive into the bowels of an old city would be a lot of fun. Brawling with strange aliens that pretend to be humans would give a decent amount of role play opportunities too compared to a lot of basic dungeon crawls.

Freesia whiles I do have some personal problems with the plot direction and the change of focus from the MC and the quality of art being all over the place.
The setting and concept was really interesting and had a ton of stories that could play out.

Troll Hunter

Would be good for a few sessions, though I don't know if I'd run an entire campaign around it.

Working on this for a Rogue Trader campaign

That map looks pretty neet. I've been in a campaign where we've been ship wrecked onto an island where the only inhabitants are tribal and giant beasts. The campaign was alright but we wiped when an invasion occurred and after two of our party members died the two of which were the spell casters we had to fight a level 12 dragonic cleric with 25PB who had prep time. Which he revealed after I took out half my health when I preformed a Flurry of blowing myself up, because he had fire shield on but the GM didn't mention that he was glowing.

For a long time I have wanted to do a game set in the SCP foundation universe, not sure what kinda system would be best for it but it would probably have to be pretty lethal.
I can imagine different Splatbooks could cover different factions in the SCP-verse, kinda like world of darkness

16th or 17th century Spanish America, probably Mexico or Peru. It'd be a bit like Deadwood, but with rapiers and big feathery hats.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

World War 1. Could run it like Only War

I'd truly love a good solid Red Dawn esque game. Twilight 2000 and Fortress America were alright...but they just lacked something visceral to the mechanics that is hard to explain for the feel I wanted. Good games, do not get me wrong.

The author teased a few years ago an RPG might be on the way. But nothing so far. I feel your pain sir I'm rereading Gardens of the Moon at the moment.

War of the Worlds Goliath.

basically Xcom forms after the events of the novel and the aliens invade again. Has mechs and rocket powered biplanes.

Hammerfight, the hindu-persian warrior culture with flying machines that fight with HUUUUGE MELEE WEAPONS

The game itself is pretty bad but the setting seems interesting desu

Endless Space/Legend, GOAT 4x-s (not flawless tho)

*muffled Latin voices*

*Citizenship intensifies*

mah nigga.

bonus points for über comfy music for the game session

A decent Dune rpg would be great. Chronicles of the Imperium sucked ass.

I actually did run a BookTroopers style game, but set in a Cold War with Space Soviets rather than a hot conflict with aliens.

One of my players chose the Mobile Infantry background, so I even gave him a prologue solo quest where he participated in an orbital drop.

Went over pretty well; somehow my players were much better at that kind of game than the Firefly-esque smuggler game I tried running beforehand.

youtube.com/watch?v=8cnbb7ejzUE

youtube.com/watch?v=BTGZlflKzuw

This fine piece of insanity was practically mde to be an rpg.

comic book actually

I like the overarching theme that Jagex is running with the God Wars II: Electric Boogaloo. Unfortunately, all the 'Scapers I know are salty faggots who can only enjoy Oldscape. I would run a kickass campaign if I had people who were familiar with the new lore.

Is that Fez Whatley on the far right?

are you me?

The rules for vehicular combat might get pretty involved, but it could be fun.

Not too many post-apocalyptic RPGs out there with serious tones. Gamma World is okay, depending on the edition. Although some editions are downright fanfic-tier.

Marvel.

This is probably a good start for you, as far as vehicle rules go.

Romantically Apocalyptic

I mean I don't have a group nor will I ever get one together but I love this movie and always wanted a yakuza game. I wish I could get a system together that would allow for style over substance, the feel of japanese manners should take precedence over stats

apocalypse world has shades of this, kinda edgelordy in the book but the game is solid.

also consider L5R the system is kinda ass and needs tweaks but it has a fluid narrative playing style that mightbsuit the vaguely tarantinoesque world if yakuza. (probably a japanese director whos a better fit for that)

I've been wanting to do this for years. Early 70's gang warfare (before guns were common). Riddle of Steel rules. Blood, sweat, and glitter.

bump

Have you tried out Apocalypse World? It can be pretty fucking serious.

The Gentlemen Bastards series.
Running around, doing crimes in a vaguely Italian low-magic setting.

Men of good taste! The Queen is the ultimate BBEG.

That image has me thinking of a really dumb Spintires system

Which edition of gamma world is best? I've been trying to look into it. I want less serious apocalypse and more mutant plant men fighting giant fire breathing ants.

Yeah, that one Mad Max car chase I ran that ended up bogged down in a river of volcanic mud was pretty odd.

Now I want a game with an Ardent Mage sorceress, a Broken Lord fighter / paladin, Roving Clans bard and Mezaris ranger.

Iron Sky.

So you want a game where you walk and walk and walk and then the monsters are like beautiful whales or something and then they fuck and that's it, see you next sunday

I want a system to create dynamic complex and cool martial art fighting

So, Legend of the Wulin ?