If chess is so good why didnt they make a chess 2?

If chess is so good why didnt they make a chess 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

ludemegames.com/chess2/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libro_de_la_invencion_liberal_y_arte_del_juego_del_axedrez
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They did.

But they did.

ludemegames.com/chess2/

It's by David Sirlin.

They nailed it on the first try.

Chess 3 was better

Because they weren't greedy Jews

There's a bunch of variations

If this thread is so great why didn't you make a thread 2

>/cvg/
>Chess variation general
You just have to wait till this thread reaches its limit.

Because chess is like monopoly: no sequels, just infinite rehashes.

Because back in the day games were not made by shills who would repeatedly regurgitate the same idea for more money.

>People get angry because of star wars carcassonne
>No one gets mad at this
Wtf chess that totally doesn't fit the theme

Chess players are above such petty squabbles.
Hell, there's 11/9 set and nobody cares.
And I vaguely recall some nazi officer making personal Jews vs Bolsheviks set. Out of bones. Of Jews and Bolsheviks.

Wait, what? Why the hell would people get mad about Star Wars Carcassonne? At least it's an actual good game to build on, rather than yet another fucking Monopoly reskin. Did they fuck up the rules or what?

Aparently its alright. Its just everything ever gets a star wars edition

And that's different from how it used to be how, exactly?

Fuck, the BGG thread I skimmed through was all about Disney whoring out the property - where they in a coma for the entirety of the prequel trilogy or something, because a)god damn them lucky sonsabitches and b)this isn't exactly a new thing.

Fuck, how many versions of Star Wars Risk are out there? And apparently the Game of Life got a decent Jedi padawan reskin in 2002.

It's a lucrative brand.

>Jew vs Bolsheviks
why would you make a chess set of the same side fighting itself

Fitz please come back we miss you

>Chess
>Chess 2
>Chess: subtitle
> Chess 4
>CHESS

The one you know is 3, filthy plebeian.

Chess 1 is actually called chaturanga, 2 is called shatranj.

In all seriousness, there's a pretty diverse assortment of Fairy Chess options available for the classic game. If the same gambits are gettign stale, start replacing pieces.

Yes. I am advising you to download mods for your chess board.

>Chess 3 was better

Chess was never good

Fucking Sirlin.

Someone puts a penny in the middle of the gameboard

Technically, chess derived from Shatranj, which is itself derived from chaturanga.
So it's the third in the series? then there's the asian branch of chaturanga derived games, which includes Xiangqi, Janggi and shogi.

>Chess
>Chess 2
>Ch3ss
>Chess 4

>rehash in the future
>Chess (Current year)

>remake
>Chess Remastered

They invented the DLC/expansion pack model early on and just added and changed units thorough the centuries.

>Chess (Current Year)
>Both sides have white and black pieces

Chess is so good they put it in four dimensions

And even then, there were a good number of spin-offs, variations, and competing rulesets along the way before what we know as chess became the universal rules for the game.

is actually mostly correct: Chess actually had sourcebooks very much like RPGs of today.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libro_de_la_invencion_liberal_y_arte_del_juego_del_axedrez

>>Chess: subtitle
>Not CH3SS

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libro_de_la_invencion_liberal_y_arte_del_juego_del_axedrez
>In 1560 Ruy López visited Rome and saw Damiano's book. He disliked that book and decided to write a better one. López's book contains general chess advice, rules of the game, and a discussion of the origin of the game.
Edition wars are over 400 years old.

Two chess boards, one positioned over the other. Each player has white on one board and black on the other. Turns are simultaneous. Each player moves white on one board, and then black on the other. Pieces can move between boards. Piece changing boards translates space directly above or below it. pieces changing boards may only move to unoccupied spaces. Player one's pieces become red when they change boards and player two's pieces become blue. Pieces return to their original color when they return to their initial board. goal is to capture one of the opponent's kings and place the other in checkmate.

fuck i really want to play this

There are loads of updates to chess it's just that chess fags are grognards who insist that their edition is best.

I got one of these at Gen Con last year.

Pretty fuckin' great.

Modern chess went a long way from chess 1. Go read some chess history books.

Who here thinks standard chess is a rip off? Thanks to pieces rotating you have to keep buying in.

I prefer legacy chess myself. It has a higher buy in but using the old strong pieces like the queen is fun

it being 2016, I'm surprised that the White side is still allowed to move before the Black side. This is just another disgusting way in which Blacks are being oppressed and marginalized in our society.
#BlackLivesMatter

>old strong queen
youwotm8
Old queen moved one step, diagonal only. It was shit.

>He doesnt know the synergy with old queen and revised edition rook

Everyone stand clear, the greatest strategy game coming trough.

The objective of the game is to capture the opponent's king(s) and prince(s). When the last of these is captured, the game ends. There are no rules for check or checkmate; however, in practice a player resigns when checkmated. Unlike standard shogi, pieces may not be dropped back into play after being captured.

Each player has a set of 402 wedge-shaped pieces of 209 types. The players must remember 253 sets of moves. The pieces are of slightly different sizes with the larger pieces near the king and becoming progressively smaller for pieces further from the king, regardless of power. In general, the stronger pieces are nearer to the king.

And what does this monstrosity look like? What is it named? Well have a gander:

This sounds like a child of extreme autism.

Apparently created by EXTREMELY bored monks during 1600s. Damn ancient neckbeards didn't have anything better to do than make their own houserules to different games.

There are literally hundreds of chess variants. They can all qualify as chess sequels. None of them caught on to the same degree as Chess.

Hell, Chess isn't even Chess I. The most popular version is Queen's Chess, also called Mad Chess (because misogyny), where queen's are super OP compared to what they used to be.