Infinity General: Deus Vult Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli that brings the warface and societies of the 22nd millenium to your tabletop with beautiful minitures, interesting and well written rules and a setting that combined elements of your favorite sci-fi grounded in a believable history.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>New Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ (embed)

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>Faction colour scheme creator here:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61395031/Infinity/index.html

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vaclavsmil.com/wp-content/uploads/docs/smil-articles-science-energy-ethics-civilization.pdf
store.infinitythegame.com/articulo.php?f=1&s=5&o=3&id=2549
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember Tohaa cap at 3 man triads, so no SSl2, and no +3 BS, so they can struggle to win firefights.

I need to find more artwork like this. if onkly for my collection.

This is the infinity rpg pdfs

"Buy the books for the fluff it's super good!"
> Some say that he is a Ranger officer who saw die all the men under his command.
10/10

So what are the releases for this month?
>inb4 it's all gencon exclusive bullshit.

For something that is supposed to be based on existing decade old notes, they sure are taking an awfully long time to get the RPG out.

Unless they suddenly start dropping previews, I'm afraid Red Veil and Gencon stuff is it for July.

Red Veil is July release. August is a mystery.

it is cause they are having to keep revising it constantly. CB is being really anal about quality, and everything needs to go through the head guy. Any mistake and it gets sent back for revision. This is a good thing though in some cases, but just makes the product go super slow. The game is playable though, just needs formating for a lot of the stuff and artwork, it is mainly the fluff that needs to get fixed up at this point

Fuck Spain.

>USARF will be a complete ITS army by the beginning of the season!

When is this thing supposed be released, anyway?

Well Red Veil isnt an exclusive or anything. Just another release. Should be out mid August - early September. Miyamoto is a gencon PRE-release. However, the Unknown Ranger is event exclusive until an alternate sculpt is released.

>USARF
Fuck CB, for that bullshit. Didnt take long for CB to get Onyx going, but USARF has been an ITS legal sectorial for about a year now, and they still dont have jack shit (Marauders, MM, Mavericks)

Are you that guy that expects scans cause guess what you're not getting them.

Even so, from the RPG previews it looks like a lot of it is already based on published stuff, with minor paragraph details that really shouldn't take months to complete.

Earlier this year?

Again, over 90% of N3 fluff is essentially identical to N1 fluff word for word.

Onyx is essentially vanilla minus smokes and EI stuff, so it's easy to 'complete' them. And it still sucks for the Cossacks to still not have their list after 10 years.

Why would I want scans when I think the fluff is dogshit?

Why would I want to read broken english punched out onto paper by a shaved baboon?

Why would I pay money for a book that is literally useless.

Why would I pay money for internet blurbs put into a book?

Why would anyone pay for this in the first place;
>over 90% of N3 fluff is essentially identical to N1 fluff word for word.
So no, you can keep your precious scans jnuior.

>believable history

On the surface perhaps. Any deeper and it unravels fast. The ridiculously high population figures comes into mind for one.

didnt we have this arguement last thread? It is most likely that the total population for humans in the human sphere is probably around 20 bullion people, something that is easily achieved in the time frame.

Eh I just think it is CB being anal about the fluff, since they are having to revise everything constantly based on what CB is saying. Which is fine if they are just doing it to make sure there are no mistakes and everything is good.

The Onyx starter pack combined three existing boxes. The only new things Onyx have gotten were Samaritan and the Xeodrons.

USAriadna got a brand new pack.

Since then they got:
>Van Zant
>Grunt SWC
>Desperados
>Devil Dog
>Foxtrot

Sure, some of them were rehashes (DD) and some of them were crap (Foxtrot) but they are eminently playable.

The only proxy I have in my army is a Raiden to be a Marauder HRL.

I like that a lot of it is interchangeable, so I have made several unique models combining two army packs, which were an amazing deal.

20 Billion seems low. We are going to hit that by the end of this century unless super ebola hits.

Have you heard of exponential growth? Especially with a bunch of new living space.

>jnuior

No we're not, current estimates put the steady state population at 9-13 bill, reached by 2100. The earth can only really support 11 bill anyway, so 20 bill is unlikely unless space living becomes a actual thing

>vaclavsmil.com/wp-content/uploads/docs/smil-articles-science-energy-ethics-civilization.pdf

Yeah, how many worlds in the human sphere? 10 or 11 I think?

>exponential growth

Malthusian theory doesn't really work out you know. And even with a whole lot of new living space (like today IRL), and better maternity health, costs of living drives down fertility rates anyway.

>Autistic enough to point out typos.
Yawn.

No wonder you love infinity fluff.

Some of those are almost sentences

Well one of the most populated planets, has about 4 billion people.

Go home you ass mad italian.

Going to state it, the unit fluff for every unit is really subpar, they need to get better at it to talk about the unit more, instead of the few paragraphs that are in the current fluff.

Now the actuall fluff would be the faction write ups in the start of their sections, but I do not know how they did it for the N3 section

Well, considering modiphius is doing other big ticket stuff like Star Trek, that does sound like a convenient excuse for the 'delays'.

Honestly they really need a dude who actually speaks fucking english working there if they're selling books in english.

I've seen so many errors and incomplete sentences, it's actually pathetic considered the books are like $60+

The problem here is the grunt SWC is the only really essential kit.

Stuff like DD or Desperados is nice, but they need a second primary box so you have enough standard models for the army.

It really should have gone, Grunt SWC, a second kit, Maraudors or MM. People would have less cause for complaint then.

Unit fluff is really hard to do well, though. It can be hard to avoid the standard "they're the best in this way because this!" bullshit, especially when you're trying to sell a product. I haven't seen any company reliably do it right.

Grunts are essential...but everything else released so far is not. So they're not playable - at least not to me. No swc weapon outside of Grunts and Traktor Muls. Can't run multiple fireteams because Marauders dont have a box yet. Can't run a more elitey team because not MMs. Can't run a bike list because there's only one model for Mavericks. Can't spam Foxtrot FOs because the only Foxtrot with a rifle is in the starter box.

The last two shitty releases (DD and Foxytrot) makes me feel like CB is wasting my time - at least the BSG Foxtrot isn't all that useful so I can just pass on it.

about 10. But some of them are not really livable. Yu jing has 2 plus parts of two others. Haqq has 1, pano has 3 plus part of two others.

But mars and luna are sorta under populated. Venus has sky cities apparently

>Nothing to say.
>Literally a little bitch.
Rofl, you can keep that one. Look at it when you need to be reminded of your betters.

This, the USARF releases have been dogshit.

Arm swapped DD? That people only ever run 1 of anyway? Foxytrot when we already had Foxtrots? Desperadoes are worse than Mavericks and no one uses them.

The only useful release was the Airborne but we already had Van Zant anyway so what the fuck.

So when are you two going to start making out?

He already worships me, he's hanging on my every word.

My work is done.

They are just bitching because the faction itself is subpart. Looks good but plays like shit

It's going to be hilarious if Ariadna somehow turns out to have a population of several hundred million.

>My work is done.
Your lips have not touched his, so evidently not.

I can't see anything particularly wrong with it, but I play Shas so maybe I'm not good at noticing the little problems.

That actually sounds about right.

That would be a pretty intense population explosion, especially considering the fact that they've been at war with the antipodes and the scots ever since they landed.

His lips are on a different set of lips my friend.

Hint; It's my cock.

>I can't see anything particularly wrong with it,
So why bother trying to contribute to the conversation you fucking cuck?

I remember it being memtioned in at least one of the RPG previews that artificial womb tech had been perfected allowing some nations to essentially grow new citizens as needed circumventing slowed population growth. Yu Jing was noted for doing this to counter an aging work force.

Since you're having trouble comprehending, I'll lay it out for you, nice and simple.

Sometimes, when a person doesn't understand someone else's opinion on a matter, they might indicate to that other person that they don't understand. This is often done as a way to get the other person to explain their reasoning in order to gain a better understanding of the subject.

That should be straightforward enough for a clever little guy like you.

I apologise if some of the smugness falls flat, I'm a bit drunk right now and not very experienced at being a smarmy cunt like you are

Also cocks aren't anything like lips. Only vaginas are lips. Someone more sober than I could probably make a sick comeback using that.

That wouldn't help the backwater savages on Ariadna much though.

Hey! We resemble that remark

Oldschool 8-10 children per family would though.

You're a cuck no one cares what you have to say.

>The game is playable though

I'm not deriding this statement so much as just interested that someone may have actually attempted a playtest.

>How is it overall? Did you do the quickstart, actual rules, or both?
>How are the new costing tables?
>Where are the ammo type rules and have they been implemented for melee weapons yet?
>How pimped is your Navi?

Oh damn. I wasn't expecting much, but you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. This is "no u" tier stuff. You've got to put some effort in, otherwise nobody will get annoyed.

I am still curious about how USAriadna is subpar in gameplay, though. They've always seemed perfectly fine to me.

We have only done one session so far, and it has not stressed the rules a lot, so far I have highly enjoyed it, and think it is one of the better systems so far.

We are playing the actual rules, some of the stuff is missing that is true, but most of them are there and anything missing is not really noticable.

New costs, everything is really expensive, and going to be really hard to even buy armor, like it is insance what even light armor costs potientially.

Ammo types have rules but no ammo types for melee weapons if they do do them. There are different types of melee weapons more than just CC weapon in the war game. AP melee weappon is probably the tessem chopper.

I have not pimped out my geist at all.

But what would be the point of that when robotics by that stage is so much more efficient in comparison?

And with all those Cubes laying about, it is strange there aren't any robotic bodies they can throw those into (remote presence et al) and reuse as productive citizens.

Thanks user!

What would you say are your most and least favorite aspects of the system?

Also, would you mind explaining Effects? It's made reference to several times but I couldn't find where it was actually defined. Tariffs is pretty meaningless without it, for example.

Effects are the special roll on the combat dice, 1,2 and 6 are things that have effects on combat diece. So a roll or 1 is 1, 2 is 2, and 6 is an effect. So if you roll an effect it puts the effect into play. Some effects are like knowkdown.

As for my favorite part of the system, I really like the heat and momentum system, that you are playing a cause and effect with your rolls or giving the GM more power to fuck with you potentially.

My least favorite is probably how you buy and sell stuff. It is slightly annoying, but in the end it is not that bad and is interesting.

>I am still curious about how USAriadna is subpar in gameplay, though. They've always seemed perfectly fine to me.
IT'S MORE THE THE ARMY IS STILL MISSING MODELS FOR CORE UNITS MARAUDERS AND MINUTEMEN BEING THE MOST GLARINGLY OBVIOUS.

Well yeah. Everyone knows that, it's blatantly obvious. It doesn't play shit unless you insist on WYSIWYG though. The profiles are fine, it's just that key models haven't been made yet.

Pretty much. MM aren't really that great either, I never bring more than 1.

Like I said, the only proxy that they really need is Marauder HRL.

I do play wysiwyg as best as I can including converting miniatures or buying extra minis (except for FOs and Paramedics, and profiles with Booty). If I can't I just don't even use the profile. I still don't really know how good Ekdromoi are because there aren't any Chain rifle minis and I'm not going to buy the shitty intel spec-ops just for the chain rifle bit.

They're not bad. Definitely a major inprovement over the original. I just wish they at least had WIP13. But if the models are good, I'll use them.

Thanks for the response, I'll try to position my units more smart, and maybe add one heavier unit to mess with him, do you know any other tricks or powerful things with ISS?

>Can't spam Foxtrot FOs because the only Foxtrot with a rifle is in the starter box.
That's usually true of every unit of this type. Repeated loadouts usually only happen on basic infantry and resculpts.
Hell, the only Bandit model right now has a Boarding Shotgun, when nearly every profile has a Light Shotgun + ADHL. I doubt there is going to be a model with this before a new Corregidor starter, and that could take a while.

12, including Earth. There's a reason the interplanetary UN is called O-12.

As an add on to this since this is also an ISS question, what is a good way to increase my points up to 300 with the ISS Starter set?

store.infinitythegame.com/articulo.php?f=1&s=5&o=3&id=2549

I know bao snipers are good, and a hisen is pretty good as well, but not sure what all to try to get

Kuang Shi for orders.
Your Hsien won't do shit without orders.

Bao snipers are pretty meh. Hsiens are good though, they're a reliable rambo and camo hunter.

Get Kuang Shi. Do it. They're the best thing in the sectorial.

Remotes are a big part of ISS as well. It doesn't matter what kind, they're all good.

Wu Ming are an expensive but brutal link, and the FO profile is great solo or in a duo.

The Kanren is pretty dope. Good supporting unit.

>Bao sniper

You might want to reconsider them. They aren't all that good for the costs involved (way too fragile on ARO), and if you want to take the Hsien, use a proxy 2nd ZhanYing to make the Haris team instead.

Kuang Shi for orders (and smokes by proxy), and the Su-Jian as the other main attacker. Sophotechs for support, Sforza and KanRen for holo2 fun, and maybe bounty hunters if you really want sniper support.

I've applied a month ago with no reply. I got 6 months' experience translating and writing articles for a star wars page.
Should have written the application in Spanish. Or Sergio Leone English. They'd probably take me more seriously then.

>ISS can now field the highest number of holo2 units in the game

So what the heck is a sforza. I do not see it on the army creator.

So a Kuanng shi box, a celstial guard box potentially, a hsien (I may pick up red veil for theres), Karen ( I could use the viel Zanshi as proxies)

Looks like I have a potiential shopping list

Father Lucien Sforza, Authorized Bounty Hunter. He's a mercenary character that ISS can use.

Derp, I was just looking at father lucien, and completly skipped over the last name

Psst.
Write it down. It needs more content.

That said, he got a bit nerfed in N3 due to lol randum extra CC crap, which he can hardly even use (lel electric pulse).

Electric pulse isn't really something to be used in CC as much as a deterrent from engaging him. A Bandit or a Fiday will think twice before getting into CC with a 25 pts guy that could immobilize them easily. Too much risk for too little reward.

Just basecoated my Mk12 Gecko.
What are you painting this week?

Started this week with my Nomads, NMM looks crap and i am not really satisfied with Juan Sanchez Rodriguez's face but they look okay on the table and i guess you can't improve without trying (and failing). Currently working on another Alguacil

You didn't paint enough red on them, I can't tell what faction they are.

Finishing off Operation Icestorm hopefully, been painting super slow and deliberately, like 1 or 2 guys a week

THE LOUDER I TYPE ON Veeky Forums THE SOONER THE SPANIARDS END THEIR SIESTA

What do you hope gets revealed at GENCON?

Bolt character(with harris) in a dire foes or Pano support pack.

I'd also buy some regulars for ASA. But that's about it.

A Marauder box so that the whining stops. A neckpillow agent box. A female Wu Ming blister with a MULTI rifle.

A Bolt character actually seems like a good idea, since NCA has no named units unique to it. Maybe with a light rocket launcher, all their reactive weapons are pretty long-ranged for troops designed as doorkickers.

Guys I realy like how caledonian volenteers look like, and I would like to make an army with as many as possible, but without going all spam 30 order list. How many do you think I could run inside a normal 200-300 list without being called out as a spamer, and how many volenteers is enough before the list becomes shit.

I would be runing SAS as my FO in the list, and maybe sprinkle some greys to get the most of volenteer links. Are there any other models that would be most haves in such a list? maybe a dozer with a katyusha?

I'd go with about 8-10. A bunch of cheap units allows you to splurge on expensive shit in the rest of your list. It's not so hard.

I wouldn't use Traktors in CHA. You have so few FOs.

JSA starter

thanks for the list.

would runing an uxia instead one of the cameronians be ok ?

Sure. That list was just an example, I don't even play CHA myself and I cooked it up about 5 minutes. Feel free to modify it as you see fit.

Since he likes the look of the volunteers, I think I'd find a way to fit in a Cateran.

It's not that hard. The ML Guard fills the same role, just kick it out and get something nice with what you have left over. Hell, if you dropped a Cameronian you could fit Uxia into the list.

That is in deed a nice model. thanks people of to the store to trade my w40k stuff .

Warhammer/heresy/fantasy faggot here. Giant cyberpunk/anything grim fan.

What crazy religious cults/terrorists/assholes you guys have?

How do they sculpts compare to GW ones?

The models are some of the best in the entire industry.

The sculpts are A+ but they're not really a good fit for 40k style crazy cultist types.

Except if you are Nomad. Dem boys got some cray cray folks on those ships.

>What crazy religious cults/terrorists/assholes you guys have?
The Nomad Observance is pretty insane. There are other religious types like the Christian knights and the Muslim Hassassins, but they're generally less psychotic.

Models are great. The Spaniards do a really good job.

There are factions that are predominantly muslim or christian but they're rather moderate, with a few more fervent believers but nothing like 40k. The most radical ones would be the observance, but all nomads are weird, and they're not exactly frothing at the mouth, just a few militarized BDSM nuns and their heavy weapon toting bondage slaves

The miniatures are the best there are

>GW plastic iindividual models in the same sizes costs almost 30€
Looks like "eternal Anglo" isn't only /pol/ meme, we need Veeky Forums some adaptation.

Welcome to the fold.