Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which horror corruption would you waifu? Lich? Lycanthrope? Promethean? Vampire? DSP Lords of the Night/Wild status: BTFO.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/GrS9hdmH
paizo.com/products/btpy9n5a
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Intelligence class
>not getting Intelligence to Bluff and Diplomacy with traits

I'd tell you if I knew anything about them. Hint hint.

Lords of the Wild/Night doesn't turn you into an NPC and take forever-and-a-half to advance through.

>Wasting traits on boosting skills when I could be getting better initiative, protection against being flat-footed, etc

Skills are nice, but easy to boost. Going first is incredibly valuable to a Strike-oriented debuff class that can easily be killing or disabling a foe turn 1.

You wanna elaborate or just Veeky Forums it up and go THIS IS SHIT without ever explaining? I was being succinct, so it is a bit clipped.

Forrest has never seen JoJo, which makes this all the more hilarious.

What's the deal with the NPC thing, anyhow? I heard that biffing three saving throws will do it, but how often do they come up? Is there a way to rescind a failure? Do the different corruptions use different saves?

Or is this just the Brute Vigilante of the book?

Is an OD/ZS Warder still T3 even with the versatility you get from Inquisition selection?

Obviously some kind of vampire

That can't possibly be true, fate doesn't work that way does it?

From what they said, corruptions sound kind of like mythic tiers for progression (they said about 1/2 levels, which implies 10 stages).

You roll a save each time you stage up. A raw save. No feats. No class features. No ability modifiers. Just your base class save. Fail 3, you're an NPC, no magic can fix you.

So it seems the morale is to not allow advanced talents?

That does lock certain corruptions to certain classes barring extreme luck, doesn't it?

>Another way would be to have most classes take talents from any source as part of their base chassis.

>Taking Slayer, Rogue, Ninja, and Vigilante Talents and allowing any non caster to use their bonus feats to select them while making the talents a 'pool' for those classes that use 'talents' is an interesting idea. I'll have to playtest that.

Bring forth this idea

What did the Melee Tactics Handbook do to raise/lower fighters in the Tier list?

Dare I ask if the DCs scale?

I'm interested in it, too, but I don't know how it'd work.

Advanced Talents are sectioned off into being advanced talents specifically because they have potential to break things moreso than other magic. The book gives DMs carte blanche to disallow them on a case by case basis.

MTT didn't so much, Weapon Master's did though.

Sounds like it. What, were you expecting good design from paizo?

No idea, i don't have the book. This is based on leaks I've seen from devs. I don't give paizo money on general principle.

Stop this fraudulent meme, WMH did very very little.

That does sound reasonable though, depending on what the corruptions actually do. Don't want to accidentally make it easy for a Wizard to take a corruption that covers any weaknesses they might have, or give melee characters one that boosts their CL. It would be nice to have details to make a judgement though.

You see, it's the "becomes an NPC on 3 failed saves" part that pisses me off. because it's using your raw base save, which means that you'll NEVER be able to use a corruption keyed to a weak save, AND natural 1s are always a thing.

>TFW Madoka turned shit near the end.

I think there's a spell that can remove a failed save, but at the same time, this is a jank system.

Yeah, I'm really exited for this book but that sounds pretty shit.
Hopefully fleshwarping is as dope as it sounds.

Urobutcher had to do it. To prepare path for Rebellion.

Given that this line was said
>For those of you not paying attention, that's worse than death: You can't just wave a magic spell and bring your character back from that.
I doubt it

>Not shit the entire way through.

U wot.

>We scared off the leakanons
>probably won't get scans of the new books until next month

I just want to find out about the dragon alchemist archetype. I know it's going to be shit, but it sounds so cool.

Worry not user, once I get my copy next week I'll post a few pages.

I got bored last night and decided to make a Rogue that can use implements and cast magic. No, it doesn't stack with Eldritch Scoundrel; in fact it's purposefully designed not to stack with it, and instead do something different. Please critique if you can find the time!

pastebin.com/GrS9hdmH

>Oh, yes! There is an Anti-Paladin/Cleric+ spell called borrow corruption which temporarily allows the caster to gain the effects of a corrupted creature’s manifestations.

>There is also a Cleric/Inquisitor+ spell called ban corruption that blocks the gifts given by a manifestation.

>And alleviate corruption helps get rid of levels of the corruption at risk to the caster.

Those are from the Paizo thread.

>These cannot be removed by magic
>Except when they can :^)

I imagine it's a "willing target" or something. So you can cast it up until the character gets NPC'd.

I assume they mean "once you've fully corrupted, you can't fix it".

So...
borrowing it (probably going to be [Evil]
blocking the GIFTS (note the drawbacks)
and a specific spell to remove entire levels of the corruption without reducing the number of saves you've failed, at risk to the caster

None of those sound like they'll work

There's also a spell that allows you to remove one of those 3 points towards NPCdom.

>note the drawbacks)
meant to say "not the drawbacks"

What's the spell?

Alleviate Corruption or something along those lines. Seems to be a divine spell. The leaker doesn't want to reveal every detail because that's >muh piracy

I imagine at least two parts of it are
>replace your normal bomb element with one of your choosing
>gain breath weapon bomb at 2nd level as your discovery
Maybe Wings as another required discovery.

Someone revealed what the vampire corruption does.

Do tell

>Next week
>Not next month
Underrated post m8

Similarly, there should be a way for those archetypes that give up weapon and armor training to somehow get advanced weapon and weapon training talents.
This will be probably be through feats.

>GRAVE THIEF
Hate the name. No subtle way to say it. It doesn't invoke the arche's powers at all.

>Class Skills
Taking away half the rogue's class skills is a kick in the nuts. Do not. 6 would be bearable.

>Spellcasting, mental focus
Just like the occultist, which is basically what anyone wanted anyway.

>Treasure Obsession
Eh, fun enough. Does it not replace Improved Evasion?

7/10, I'd give it a go in a one-shot, wouldn't take it into a campaign.

The pdf drops next week dipshit
paizo.com/products/btpy9n5a

>Do I at least get to pierce some resistances or immunities?
>FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE A FULL CASTER
>but... but all my abilities they just... they don't work once I get them. they just don't work
>WHAA WHAA WHAA fucking reroll you fucking scrub

where would you rank Veeky Forumss swashbuckler unchained?

Is the viking archetype for fighter any good?

Rogues don't get Improved Evasion, stupidly-enough.

With fighters, it may be as easy as adding "Starting at 1st level, and every level thereafter, a fighter gains a fighter talent drawn from the investigator, slayer, rogue, ninja, and vigilante classes. Except where otherwise noted, each fighter talent can only be selected once."

These talents should also give the option of being able to be taken as feats.

The fighter should retain their bonus feats.

For a specific kind of character, although you're probably better off using just a Barbarian.

>You can be afflicted by being drained six times by a vampire in one month. Each week, you need to drink blood to hold off the corruption from taking over. You increase in stage when you feed on innocent sentient creatures.

>The manifestations:
>Boost charisma skills at the cost of your reflection. Mirrors can repel you, at least briefly.

>Summon rats or a wolf, but take Handle Animal/Ride penalties against other animals.

>Cast charm monster when you succeed on a charisma check at the cost of your shadow.

>Growing fangs that allow you to feed easier, but require you to feed once per day instead of week.

>Grant yourself some fast healing, but sunlight becomes harmful.

>Gain vampiric agility and spider climbing, but you must be invited to enter a private dwelling.

>Slam attack at the cost of negative energy affinity.

I think a better question is, what does it do that a barbarian can't and what does it do better than a barbarian

It's an Advanced Talent. One that doesn't require you to have evasion, so you can trade Evasion out, and at level 10 you just take Improved and suffer no loss for it anymore.

The Charm Monster one sounds pretty good at least.

>Boost charisma skills at the cost of your reflection. Mirrors can repel you, at least briefly.
>Cast charm monster when you succeed on a charisma check at the cost of your shadow.

...well, those seem pretty harmless downsides. Fangs/Agility/Fast Healing/Slam seem pretty pointless.

Better than the Lich one at least, holy fuck is it worthless if you're not a necromancer.

>Slam seem pretty pointless.

I mean, Negative Energy Affinity can be a GOOD thing, especially if your group is evil.

Well that makes sense.

Why would a non necromancer/someone without extensive knowledge of necromancy become a lich?

Oh? How worthless is Lich?

Because other schools of magic don't have immortality options?

>This is what happens to someone who fails to become a lich or is nearby when a failed attempt goes awry. The magic unleashed slowly consumes their soul. If they are destroyed by this, they can only be brought back with a miracle or wish. If they come back this way, they come back as an evil NPC lich.

>It comes with the following manifestations:
>Agonizing Touch-Your touch causes pain but both of your hands wither to nearly skeletal appendages and your emotions fade.

>Bleak Aura-negative energy aura and animals are freaked out.

>Cadaver’s Countenance-You look like death but gain a natural AC and a bonus against mind-affecting effects.

>Deathless-Bonuses against spells and effects that work only on living creatures, but are healed by negative energy and harmed by positive.

>Death’s Caress-Your touch deals cold damage but one of your hands becomes a blackened, skeletal claw.

>Greater Cadaver’s Countenance-You become nearly skeletal but gain cold resistance and DR overcome by bludgeoning.

>Malevolence-Possess others but are vulnerable to effects that remove your soul from your body.

>Master of the Dead-animate dead but your emotions are gone.

>Necromantic Knowledge-Your knowledge of necromancy is impressive, but all other spell-casting is reduced in power.

Just get a permanent magic jar going and dump your body in temporal stasis. Immortality without needing to be immortal.

Do these all happen one after another? Or can you pick the order?

You can pick the order, some have level requirements or require you to have a manifestation beforehand. Think of these like an Oracle Curse mixed with an Oracle Mystery rather than a Mythic tier progression.

having spoken to her personally, Forrest has read part 1 of JoJo but not continued at all.

Repostan from last thread

I'm making three PoW archetypes for the Gunslinger: Demolitions Expert, Silver Beast-Hunter, and Temporal Trigger
Though I am considering mixing Hunter and Trigger together, though I'm still debating it.

Currently working on Demolitions Expert, and been trying to think of any features it needs.

So far I got
>Ex Bombs
>Discoveries
>ability to convert bombs into explosive alchemical cartridges
>recovery mechanic that reloads and throws a small bomb

Any other fun things y'all think a demoman should have?

Cool story bro

THE FUCK IS THIS, PAIZO?

I think alchemists should work better as Demomen than gunslingers. Especially because their discoveries facilitate it.

I plan allowing them on a case-by-case basis, probably giving them out as "treasure" or story rewards. I plan on having sphere magic be the primary "power" in the world, so having advanced talents, spellcrafting, and other forms of magic beyond just the basic system act as secret techniques and the like seems like it'll fit pretty well. For example, I'm probably going to have spellcrafting limited to one specific group... a powerful noble family mired in tradition, who believes that the secrets of magic should be kept among the elite few, and who jealously guard the one secret that hasn't made it out into the wider world, the ability to craft unique spells by blending spheres and talents. You can learn it from them, but only if you're of noble blood, and only if you join their not-so-secret secret organization and follow all their traditional archaic rules about how magic should be learned, taught, and used, and so on.

Honestly, I'm leaning closer and closer to just building the world around "Sphere classes are the only non-NPC classes that exist". Sphere magic is the main method by which humanity overcame the monstrous threats of the world, and sphere casters are the primary political and military powers now because of it. There's enough variance in what the sphere classes can do that all the bases should be covered, and I've actually really been wanting to do an off-the-wall high magic setting lately, since my usual fare is much more low/grim fantasy stuff.

Anyone have that Flail class that one user was working on?

we've established Paizo cannot into economics.

I tossed a gold piece at a beggar and he'll die of starvation because a standard meal costs 3gp. Where else is he gonna get the rest of that gold if not from another LG murderhobo?

But an user a commoner can make GP easy, just take Skill Focus:Profession Farmer.

Been gone from pfg for a month, and I hear talk about a dragons book?
Tell me what I missed, bros.

>Advanced Talents are sectioned off into being advanced talents specifically because they have potential to break things moreso than other magic.
Not really. From what the creators said, it wasn't so much that they had the potential to break things (I mean, some do, but that wasn't the point), but that they were the sort of abilities that you need to think about before putting them into your setting.

Being able to raise the dead doesn't break anything, not really... but for the sake of the type of story you want to tell, you have to stop and think "Do I want people to be able to come back from the dead in this world? If so, how does that work with royalty and other things like that? Does nobody bother assassinating rich people anymore?" It's not that it might break your game, so much as that it will change the nature of the setting, and requires you to think about how the stories in your world will play out based on what high-level casters can and can't do.

A sticky bomb launcher obviously.Also some sort of resistance to explosions.

PROFESSION IS SHIT!
REEEEEEEEE

I don't have the link sadly. I think you can find I in archive with the name "Lord of the Lash

Oh okay, it's not 'a lich', it's 'a shitty lich who fucked up, but not hard enough to be irreparably fucked'

Honestly,

I'm more annoyed that I can't buy several thousand chickens with my leftover gold in this game. I guess I'll have to buy housecats instead.

S'fuckin' great for a peasant, bro.

DM fixed it in our high-fantasy setting.

Ironic twist, death is both fleeting or permanent depending on how much someone wants you dead.

If you're a peasant getting stabbed, you can be rezzed provided someone pay the gold for your soul back.

For a nobleman, no such luck. Most assassins carry soul-poison daggers. Kills both your body and your soul, so there's nothing left to revive.

I'll tell you as soon as someone leaks pages from it. Best you're going to get is this bit that was copied from the Paizo forums.

They can take crafting, which makes more money.

You cant craft crops.

>Pseudowyvern improved familiar
pleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelarge

I don't understand why none of the familiars have a size greater than medium.

Why can't a wizard have a familiar he can ride into battle?

How does crafting make more money?

Entry into tier 2 requires narrative distortion far and above simply breaking the combat system. These would include possessing the likes of Commune, Planar Ally/Binding, Plane Shift, Raise Dead, and/or Teleport by 9th- or 10th-level.

Even the most optimized, encounter-ending (whether through a Ruby Zenith Strike or a Rapid Current) 9th-level warder, warlord, or zealot cannot achieve such feats of noncombat narrative-warping unless they use a Candle of Invocation or something similar.

On that topic, could anyone please go through my sample 9th-level, "no Path of War 1 disciplines at all" zealot in and confirm or deny whether or not it checks out? It is common knowledge that Path of War 1 disciplines can easily lead to overwhelming alpha strikes, but here we have a character using only Path of War: Expanded disciplines trivializing encounters all the same. I had previously heard of the potential of a zealot (destruction) of 8th-level or above, and this build seems to confirm such claims.

Because familiars are traditionally tiny creatures that ran around doing errands.

break tradition, get out of that mold and expand to new ideas, damn it.

Have you ever dramatically changed the nature of a monster/group of monsters in your setting, both in terms of fluff and mechanics?

For example, Dragons/Wyvers/etc no longer intelligent creatures and powerful spellcasters but large savage and dumb animals?

Oni aren't spirits of the material plane but a catch all term for stronk country pumpkins and bandits.

I don't know where you're getting your information, but a poor meal (y'know, what beggars usually eat) is 1 silver, so you just fed that guy for more than a week. When you're broke, you don't eat a "standard meal", you eat what you can afford. And that's a prepared meal, not even just buying a bunch of vegetables and chowing down.

That's like saying you can't eat on $5 because the average meal at a good restaurant is $20. You can still buy some shitty burgers at McDonald's for a few days, even if you don't have access to a stove so you can buy some bags of rice and beans to hold you over for a few weeks.

Sacred Servant shield Paladin is fun! FUN!

And tier 3!

My point wasn't that anything needed "fixing", just that it's something you need to think about when designing your setting. Which your GM clearly did. Advanced talents are the talents that say "If you allow this talent in your game, you will need to answer a few questions about how that affects your world.", that's all.

>A sticky bomb launcher obviously.Also some sort of resistance to explosions.
Sticky bomb launcher can be done with discoveries and explosive rounds

As for explosive resistance, that does seem a good idea. Any idea what level I should apply it? What to replace for it perhaps?

Also, you have given me a good idea. I'm going to replace a deed with one that allows the user to use a bomb to launch himself in the air.

Give him the ability to do different explosions (frag, concussion, incendiary etc.)

It doesn't until you get into "beyond the ability of normal people" levels of skill bonus. If you have someone with a Profession skill of +20 and a Craft skill of +20, and both take 10 on their checks, they both make the same gold in one week of work. Profession "rolls" 30, getting 15 gold. Craft "rolls" 30, times the DC of 30 (20 for a complex item, +10 for accelerated crafting) for a result of 900, crafting an item worth up to 90 gold in one week. It cost them 30 gold to make it, and they can sell it for 45 gold, for a profit of 15 gold.

As your skill rises above +20, the amount of gold you can earn in one week with Craft starts to edge higher than with Profession, assuming you always craft an item with a DC equal to 10 plus your skill bonus.

There might be some other trick I'm missing that pushes Craft higher at a lower bonus, but from a cursory look at the basic systems, Profession is by far the better choice for the average NPC.

He has access to discoveries. Does he really need more specializations?