Have you ever played or seen played a racist character?

Have you ever played or seen played a racist character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mjS3Yk39gIo
youtube.com/watch?v=s8m_bULIWsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Played a paladin/cleric of Zarus before. Shit was pretty cash. Party would always argue about the jibes I'd give about how much better humanity is but they started crying when they needed a buff or healing spell in the middle of battle.

Never. Two things I can't stand are racists and gypsies.

Playing a soldier going on grunt now who removes kebab, hates Jews and Romani.

Been fun.

All of my characters are racist in some way or another.

Openly accepting shit like Ghouls, Orcs, Ogres, or Drow in our setting would only be done by a character who's mentally handicapped.

Quite often in Shadowrun. You get extra Karma points during character creation if you take the Prejudiced negative quality, so people use it a lot.

My current SR character has Prejudiced (Outspoken: pop-music fans) because he's an elf who's a huge prog and psychedelic rock snob.

Playing a guy in a Through the Brach campaign who does a decent amount of 'well-meaning' racism, not quite 'white man's burden' but that sort of idea

>Openly accepting shit like Ghouls, Orcs, Ogres, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, beastfolk, sapient constructs, Fey, planar-beings, Tieflings or Drow in our setting would only be done by a character who's mentally handicapped.

FTFY

same thing for me but replace gypsies with the dutch

Elves? You wouldn't accept one of the main civilized races of the setting?

No, but I tend to have characters that support some form of slavery. It doesn't really effect them so it isn't a problem, and it happens to people that wouldn't be happy or successful any other way, so he's cool with it.

Just like in real life.

Just wrapped up an Edge of the Empire campaign where my character was a Trandoshan ex-slaver who was being coerced by the Rebellion into doing dirty jobs for them. Hugely racist against Wookiees and other animals pretending to be sapient.

Turned out to be pretty fun, especially when the GM had us solving the kidnapping of a governor's daughter, with the primary suspects being a tribe of Wookiees who'd been getting shafted out of trade deals recently.

Yes, I frequently play elves or have NPC elves that are extremely smug and superior and racist towards humans, and I powergame them super hard.

It's petty as fuck, but it makes the le ebin humanidy fuck yeah XD players in my group super mad and it pleases me greatly.

I'm in a Warhammer Fantasy campaign, so that'd be everyone.

Found the elf.

same thing for me but replace racists with niggers

>Civilized
When one of the defining features of your race is extreme xenophobia to the point of killing humans on sight you can't really say they're civilized.

Dumb shitposter.

My GM occasionally uses a personality traits table for the lulz, and I was __fortunate enough to get "Racist". I kept it to backhanded insults and "accidentally racist" comments, although I did get my ass kicked by a half-orc chef.
>go into the kitchen for a knife because we're at really level 1 and didn't get any equipment
>see the cook is a half-orc
>remove_greenskin.png
>Say "Hey, you know what this soup needs? Orc face!", as I try to slam the chef's face into a boiling pot
>forget I'm dealing with a fucking half-orc, get my ass cut off and fed to me in an ass burger
Shit was cash, but I don't plan on doing it again.

Every single one of them. A lot of the time I go for casual racism, like making a lot of assumptions. "Oh, that's economics, they probably don't study that in your orc tribe." "Oh, that's right, you shorties don't really understand common civility the same way." Occasionally I'll build a hard racist character who treats shorties like dogshit. (Except for dwarves, because dwarves brotier.) Or maybe they hate elves and collect ears and shit.

Heh, I remember this one character I made, a cleric of Hextor. The DM thought it was funny and I was ambivalent, so she ended up being a royal bastard who would have been like thirtieth in line for the throne if she'd been legit? Super unimportant. But adventurer levels, so got listened to a bit anyway. And oh my god did she spew the most racist shit against fucking everyone because gobbos wrecked her village, the elves and dwarves in the area didn't help, and shorties are short and useless.

I think OP meant racist in the hating Indians way not the being wary of bears sorta way. If there exists an irredeemably evil species that's magically like that, it's not racist to hate them.

Played a 70 year old nam vet in a zombie apocalypse game, Dude had Schizophrenia and was seeing shit because he could not get more meds. So in stressful situations like the horde rushing the party he would just see those "Dirty Gooks" charging the line he had a unquenchable hatred of asians to the point of abandoning a asian PC to die.By far the most fun character i have ever played

My first ever 5e character was viciously racist against gnomes. Didn't cause any problems other than friction with an important gnome NPC.

Played.
Slav Drow Skald with a severe grudge against Dwarves(But not Deurgar, they're chill) and Surface Elves in a Skulls n Shekels campaign. Taught the parrot to spew anti-elf/dwarf slurs, and played accordion while singing "Delvingulf Strong."
Best buds with the captain, a Brown Elf Druid that was actually a human forcefully reincarnated into an elf body by the elves he had been trying to genocide. Dude cut the points off of his own ears and everything.

Whenever I play a self insert.

As a racist, I have played racist characters yes.

pelinal, please go and stay gone

Aaand you had to ruin it. /pol/ never changes.

Played an elf which didn't look openly racist, but which would quite happily kill anything he got into fights with except for other elves. Reasoning was because he didn't think any other race actually had real people in it. The setting had elves never die of old age, conceivably letting them live forever unless they get killed, and so the attitude was that it was simply irresponsible to have in charge one of the other races who didn't last more than a century or so. Would be like putting your dog in charge.

Perfectly pleasant with other races, happy to talk and make pleasantries, but he still didn't acknowledge them as equals.

I'm playing one right now. Fucking Trolls, subhuman shits. Or Subelf, really.

I'm not sure what you're implying with your pic OP. Is it racism if he was right?

Popular definition of racism is hating different people. Real definition of racism is that groups of people are different. In fantasy setting not being a racist would be incredibly stupid. You can't with a straight face say that elves, humans and orcs are all the same.

Played a Drow once who had some serious prejudices about life on the surface which formed some steep hurdles for her to cross.
She was also largely dependent on the party to get by as there was pretty heavy racism aimmed right back at her. Because of this most of the time she remained quiet and just swallowed her tongue to avoid attracting attention.
Then she snuck off one night to assassinate two guys that were making her time in the city difficult. The rest of the party were disappointed in me and told me not to do that again. It was two more assassin ventures before I finally listened to them.

I had a player who took that. A troll who was racist against native americans, whikst simultaneously being a massive SJW about anti goblinoid sentiment, to the point where it derailed the campaign.

Every Dwarf or Elf ever?

Yep. Whole party of elves and elfposers in shadowrun, with varying degrees of racism toward orcs and trolls, but all otherwise trying to be good people.

Gm made one of the main bad guys an elven supremacist movement.

We wanted to join them.

Until we learned they were planning genocide . Then we had to stop their evil plans.

Fun campaign . Different.

I once had a halfling rogue that hated gnomes with a passion. He ended up with enough dead gnomish hookers in his bags of holding to kill a dragon by emptying the bags while he was sliding down the throat of said dragon, causing it to choke to death. Ever since then, all my characters have kept a supply of dead hookers on hand.

playing someone devoted to Zarus is one of the most fun things you can do in D&D

Oh, boy, the racism in my group is uh... Intense.
Playing a drow is likely one of the worst mistakes made, as you are quickly sentenced to death because of a crime you didn't commit. Or the rest of the party murders you in a dark alley. Oh and the paladin beating your shit in with the excuse "He was a drow" and it being accepted by the rest of the party.

The only other grievous sin that would be not being racist against drow, at which point, you were treated like a drow and may be subject to the following:

Pelted by pebbles by an entire village

Thrown under a chariot

No healing from other party members

And lastly
Thrown into the underdark

I trust you don't play with those guys anymore?

> Be tiefling paladin
> Nobody likes or trusts me, because tiefling
> Join the party and go on an important adventure
> Adventure slowly becomes "Save the world" kind of a deal
> Actually do save the world
> Also, be the only survivor
> Get actually knighted
> "I guess you're one of the good ones"
> mfw

Happens all the time in Shadowrun games because you get bonus karma for it.

so why call me racist when i hate niggers

see case in point

To be fair to that party the only time playing a drow shouldn't be punished like that is if you're playing in FR (a drow is a folk hero), playing in a homebrew where drow have taken over or something, or the drow character has some cover for their appearance like excessive makeup or paint, desert-style coverings, a mask, or something else that hides who they are.

>Make character that does not belong
>Nobody, not even the most rude of NPCs, are fantasy racist towards them
>Nobody even notices that something is amiss and that one of these people is a seven foot tall hyena man covered in dried blood, cackling like a madman at the oddest of things

No I have not OP, because I'm pretty sure my group wouldn't like it if I did.

I am playing a slutty Orangewoman in a WoD game. The look of bewilderment when you start accusing vampires of being Taigs is great.

Or Ebberon. An entire setting where Drow are not Always Evil Monsters.

There is some irony in receiving karma for being racist.

Once I joined a Lineage II roleplaying server. The story was that the gods had created all races and a giant race to "take care" of them, but the giants got exterminated somehow. According to the lore and the general knowledge, the elves had been chosen as the next leaders by the gods themselves.

I played an elf in the army. One who took his divine duty very seriously and was very pissed off seeing how the inferior races wrecked the world all around.

There were two alliances: drows and orcs versus humans and elves. Dwarves were mostly neutral, later joined us but later they were wiped out almost completely and their areas closed off. There's another race, neutral at first, that later backstabbed us and joined the drows and orcs.

The war was going pretty bad. The drow and orc players spent the time roleplaying training, hunting and fighting, while the elves and drows were more about romantic stuff. The mods were pretty good and represented RP efforts through modifiers, which often decided battles. Generally against us.

The humans insisted in leading our alliance despite their obvious incompetence. After a particularly bad battle that costed the life of the human king, most of the dwarven race, and a good chunk of land that was important for us the elves, I decided to take action.

I started pushing hard into politics and causing quite a lot of trouble, but I also managed to gain some authority for our side.

Eventually I organized a plot with other elves from the army. We'd assault the mage and priests, who were the leading groups. We'd kidnap them separately and take control of the nation, maybe also kill one or two. The humans weren't anymoer in condition to push us around like they liked to do, so then we'd wrestle power from their new king (who was even worse than the old one) and take our place as the leaders of the alliance, and eventually of the world.

Sadly the server went down a few days before the kidnapping started.

Kek.

I DMed for a half-elf character that hated elves and refused to acknowledge his elven heritage. He glorified humans and referred to himself as one.

He was so dedicated I let him switch out some of his racial traits for human benefits

Did he end up cutting of his ears?

>Real definition of racism is that groups of people are different.
That's not racism, that's common sense.

You can't even write in English correctly and you're spouting this shit. People like you make immigration necessary.

I tried to play my NPCs as, for lack of a better word, racist. Vitalist, I suppose.
I ran a fallout campaign once. One player played a Ghoul. He was quite upset when occasionally people would turn him away in disgust, refuse service and that most people got bonuses to resist charm rolls from a decaying corpse, despite the Ghoul option informing you that the GM was encouraged to do so, so as to balance the upsides of ghoulhood.

Also played later with another player and hinted towards doing something similar with Tieflings, but that didn't go down so well, so I dropped it.

He wore prosthetics and augmented his naturally patchy facial hair to look like he could grow a full beard.

He also invented more racial slurs for elves than I can remember. Standouts were mossbacks, branch bunnies, and dew coons.

>everyone playing racists as carboard cutouts

Played an Eberron campaign as a human vertan of the last war. Had a well developed and deep dislike, mistrust and hate of warforged. They killed his friends, took his job, made war into an industry, everything wrong with the world and modernization. The party had a warforged fighter in it, and slowly, over time they saved each other's lives, the rest of the party and others. The insults of 'tin can' became friendly nicknames, and reciprocated. Played him to always be suspicious of, and jump to conclusions about other warforged, sometimes catching himself and muttering 'no offence' to his comrade. The warforged eventually got killed in a nasty fight that didn't leave enough to resurrect, my fighter had to be held back by the rest of the party so he didn't charge in crying and trying to gather the fragments. Would talk to the bit he had left like it was his friend sometimes.

Never one that was done well.

>Immigration
>Necessary

Only if you believe in lowering standards of living and causing ethnic tensions to distract from the destruction of long held rights and freedoms.

youtu.be/mjS3Yk39gIo

There's two things I can't stand in life.
People intolerant of other people's cultures. And the Dutch.

Sure, go wank yourself off over your tolerance while muslims invade churches during mass, slit priests throats and give sermons in arabic over their cooling corpses, you cunt.

That'll 'help'.

When we often play zombicide, Phil the cop is referred to as Ben Garrison. It's become a tradition where if a black character is in a tile with zombies, Ben will happily plug a few shells into the melanin-happy jiggaboos to ensure a zombie gets killed.

Pretty sad user, did the human fighter get a decent-ish ending? Or did he just slip back racism against warforged?

Most racists I know are willing to give individuals a chance and even have some individuals of that race as friends. The individual doesn't change their view of the race as a whole though, because for that 1 exception he still sees thousands of stereotypes.

Depends. Does hating saracens and elves count as racism?

I was once a human inquisitor who was distrustful or snobbish towards other races and magic. There was a mermaid (fishman as i called him) mage in the party who slowly changed my characters outlook on other races, and of magic.

I've played a few casual racists like an Elf cleric who was really patronising when talking about the accomplishments of other races and a Human Fighter who constantly put his hand on his coinpurse when around Halflings.

Never really did full-blown though

Many, many times. From the historically accurate "Well, this is the 1800s, we're probably all quite racist", to the fantasy dwarf/elf comedy racism, to the absurd over-the-top "Purge the xenos before it can speak its lies" of 40k.

Loads and loads of different kinds of racism, realistic to absurd, mild to genocidal, based to real life to based in complete fantasy. I've played them all.

Roleplaying bad people isn't a thing my group or I are particular squeamish about.

>>Hurr durr I thought of an in-character reason to act like a fagmaster to the rest of the group. I'm just playing my character!

>Political correctness is cancer

I agree.

But "hurr durr haughty elves" and "hurr stubborn dwarves" is shit tier roleplaying non-Aspies have out of their system by age 14. Just like being the arrogant thief or spellcaster who doesn't consider themselves part of the group or being a really dogmatic cleric just to piss off the other players.

Yes. I once played a human cleric who idolized dwarves the way weebs idolize Japan.

He was basically Ken-sama. Not racist in the same way /pol/ is, but he had assumptions about dwarves and dwarf culture that caused offense when dealing with actual dwarves.

>in-character during game
>bad
What the fuck?

Racism is not always irrational, sometiumes it's just common sense, so yes.

Totally bro. It's perfectly acceptable to be a complete asshole at the table as long as you make up an excuse for it based on your character's backstory.

I RPd as a Scarlet Crusader on World of Warcraft for a few years , and enjoyed the crap out of pretending to be a zealous xenophobe fighting for a lost cause. The best part was that many of the night elves were sex-crazed lunatics and played right into my nutso narrative.

Dwarves were cool, though.

Not all racists are assholes. All anti-racists are assholes though.

youtube.com/watch?v=s8m_bULIWsw

Yea, the dutch kanker is reallly bad.

What's the original of this comic about, anyway? I have seen dozens of edits, but I can't recall ever seeing the original

>Have you ever played or seen played a racist character?
Yes and yes. Racism is a large part of my campaign right now, so one of the critical NPCs in the game is a racist and one of the PCs, his protege, is also a racist.

In unrelated news, fucking elves, they should go back to their trees and stay out of good hardworking human cities.

Exactly. The problem isn't racism but hatred and discrimination. Everyone just loves scapegoating racism.

There is literally nothing wrong with collective racial and/or ethnic judgements and precautionary prejudices.

>being a non-dogmatic cleric
What's the point?

We play with all the traditionally evil and savage species mixed into normal society so it makes things interesting.
My longest played character is racist against minotaurs. Almost every single minotaur that he's ever come across has done something to piss him off. It started a long time back when one killed him with a punch to the face so hard that it broke his neck. My character was currently afflicted by ghoul fever so he rose shortly thereafter, and the minotaur only killed him because my character was an assassin, but he still was pretty pissed.

I had a lot of fun playing a character who was racist in more crafty ways. While many characters might rant about how they hate one race or another an assassin isn't so outspoken. He hates minotaurs enough to kill them for a minor slight, so long as they are out of sight, and would go to great lengths to do so. My GM tried to use guilt by having a dead minotaur's son show up, I just sent him to find his father and called the city guard. Then we recruited a minotaur to the party. My character wouldn't physically harm a party member, but he enjoys messing with the new companion. He never uses a proper name (just calls him race or profession), always blames him whenever something goes wrong, tries to engineer situations to leave the minotaur behind, makes nasty jokes at his expense, won't cooperate with him in combat unless completely necessary.

>drow
>dark skinned murder people into voodoo and shit

It's not racist if it's true

My friends and I played through a Fallout campaign as Legion members who had to indoctrinate Tribe Dindu into the Legion ranks. So yeah, I suppose I have.

First time i played d&d i made a dick ass alcoholic ranger who hates elves. Luckily there were no elves in our party.

Yes, althought 'race' is...not exactly the proper description. It was an Adeptus Evangelion game were the angels of the game, the Titans, were essentially a cross between oldschool mythological gods (as per their inspiration and namesake) which is to say larger-than-life-dickwads and Old Ones. Basically, the game could be boiled down to the Cthulhu mythos where the true horror is not looking at some god-like creature and going mad from how unknowable it is but rather staring Cthulhu down and realizing he's basically a person with immense cosmic power and little-to-no morality.

My character HATED those fuckers and saw little redeeming qualities in them or many of their creations, especially those which were loyal to them. Considering they treated humans as cattle I think his bigotry was entirely justified. Keep in mind this wasn't *just* a setting of 'those entities are too big to notice they crush people'. No they KNEW they were big and crushed people. They just frankly did not care even after they clearly considered it.