What's your favorite fantasy race?

I've always been a fan of Satyrs and Minotaurs. To an extent that I would usually talk to my DM and seeing if we can homebrew them in a campaign.

I dunno, I guess I just like their aesthetic or the fact that they have hooves and horns or just finding a reason to play pic related.

Halfbreed discussion/art thread I guess.

>minotaurs

BROTHER

I don't know why but I like Satyrs too. Not that short and fat kind like Phil, but slightly shorter than an average human but still a bit taller than a dwarf. When I implement them, they're either a legitimate mundane race low in population and loosely based off ancient Greece, or a creature from the Feywild intent on hanging around the PC's plane for the lulz.

I've always been partial to centaurs myself. I dunno, I just like the power of the beast combined with everything human.

>Best monmusu is still Papi

>Papi
You just went more retarded than your favorite.

But I like her retarded. She's like the usual imouto fetish, but finally unashamed about little girls being stupid.

>the fact that she presumably has a human (and not undead) pussy is a plus

Gnolls are a personal favorite.

They do the savage, tribal warrior thing really well, and generally look pretty awesome while doing it.

Orcs are a close second. It's cool to see all the variations different authors throw around.

>undead pussy is not a plus

Shame on you. Shame!

Personally I'm a fan of bug people.

A fantasy race thread and no one's mentioned the GOAT fantasy race?

I have no idea why, but ever since I first started D&D I've always loved Kuo-Toans. They're just such great little floppy fish-things, and their ability to worship something into reality can make for some ridiculous scenarios which is why I'm building my campaign around that idea.

I prefer their 3e design to their 5e look, but that may be because it makes me think of Kermit the Frog.

Succubi

Honestly I'm pretty partial to gnolls

Forgot pic related

My favorite how to be Dwarves. Along with the aesthetic, I like their character and persona as stingy but overall good people who live inside of mountains in closely knit groups while always fighting the scum of the world that try to take their fortress. Also usually being depicted with Scottish accents help.

But that's a lizard not a goat, user.

Satyrs are great.

I don't know what's going on in that picture

It's called sex user.

user, this is a blue board.

Man, Waspinator got an upgrade.

A screaming one eyed volcano fireball is coming right at them and this fuck is boning a leaf bitch and ass grabbin another.

Is it just me or are "forest races" fucking degenerates?

Lamia/naga myself, and I'm biased towards say the xcom 2 viper style myself rather than the monmusu style

Birds

not anthro, just big smart birds

>tfw expected to find really good pictures of bird adventurers on google but there's nothing fitting to my bird people

Ogres, orcs, I'm really into those races.

I keep coming back to ghosts. They don't really work as player characters, I guess, because being immaterial is simultaneously overpowered and inconvenient (They also may or may not count as a "race," come to think of it), but I like 'em as NPCs.

Dwarfs

I like Centaurs too but I never really see a game that implements them interestingly.

I like Kobolds too. Tiny little, surprisingly clever lizardmen.

Faries, I'll take my winged bug people though my favorite kind are closer to the Celtic depictions. Too bad neither are almost never playable.

>tfw every time you play a Minotaur you get at least one character that wants to ride the bull.

I like Gnomes.

And I don't mean traditional Gnomes, I mean the 'combine elves, dwarves, hobbits and gnomes together and then call them gnomes' type of fae folk.

I'm also a big fan of Lizardmen, ratmen, and hobgoblins.

What I really wish is I knew how to make up interesting or unique races or monsters even, because they always end up being X-folk or something derivative of trolls/goblins, etc.

Ghost and specters

Elves

I'm so sorry, Veeky Forums.
It's Kender.

get out.

Yes, sir.

Humans because I feel like everything is unoriginal (like elves, dwarves and orcs), or doesn't make a lot of sense (like slapping the top half of a human on the bottom half of an animal). At least humans really exist so they work as an intelligent race.

Minotaur are totally legit in my campaign. They occupy a series of islands and some coast line off to the West and have a Greecian flair.

Now this is a GOAT

Tieflings. BUT depends a lot on how they are potrayed in the setting. Planescape does it the way I enjoy it most. Warcraft does it bit differently but still interesting. Elsewhere there is little bit too much brooding in general.

>fantasy race
>humans

o-okay

Satyrs are such ballers man. Good taste.

I interpreted it as 'races found in fantasy'.

like the ones gandalf fly on in LOTR?

Demons, demon-bloods, undead, orcs and other guys like that always attracted me somewhy.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

REPTILE RACES BEST RACES
NON-SCALED PLS GO AND STAY GO
SCALE SUPREMACISTS WW@

>I've always been a fan of Satyrs and Minotaurs.
Same. I wish satyrs could be more naturally included without a knee-jerk 'magical realm' call out.

Is there any sort of common ape or gorilla-like race? This thread made me realize I'd love to play something like that, but the only thing close is a race I made for one of my campaigns, so using it it other people's games would be kinda weird.

I personally use Vanara, the monkey men from indian myth. Not quite an ape but a similar primate.
>Highly dexterous and wise, kung fu. Add Wisdom to defense
>Can speak *Highwild*, a language common to near human-smart animals (dolphins, monkeys, crows, and a few exceptional animals of other types like pigs, dogs, etc.)
>Add with experience and wisdom, not time. Immortal idiots who don't learn anything and roam around are popular in their stories
>When they reach enlightenment they don't die of old age, instead they either freeze into a statue or just vanish one day and become one with the sunset and the morning dew

That's way cooler than I expected, thanks user. Never heard of them before.

Avian races, but only those styled on birds of prey. I don't often take to things too colorful.

And no wing-arms. Wing-arms look silly.

Are Skelingtons a race?

No Fantasy but I like fading suns Voroxs.

I literally made all of the aspects of them up except for the name and they are monkey people. You won't find actual Vanara like that. Should have explained that earlier.

Being skeleton is like vampire, can be of any race.

Exoskeleton skeletons are best skeletons.

hnnnng. :3

>Satyrs
Beastmen are best goat people

Speaking of satyres, I tought about making faunus different without the old "just a matter of culture".
What do you think about faunus descending from sheeps while satyres descends from goats?

>undead insectoids

Plant people.

Mammals just can't deal with a species that has different priorities than they do.

>survive
>reproduce
Every living thing has same priorities

There's Vanara in Pathfinder, but they're not quite half as mystical as your idea.

Aw no, aaaw hell no. Fuck you and fuck your Proliferators.

Monstergirls.

I have to go with centaurs, because they are such unicorns in regular fantasy games. I would love to play as one. Also I'm a sagittarius; don't know how much that influences it.

I have a thing for the Qunari, even though they're basically horned communists and I loath Bioware for all that it's worth.

>communists
They're Muslims, you fucking mong.

Jews
also, space jews

In my setting, the Feywild and the Shadowfell play an active role in the world. My distinction is that the Fauns come from the Feywild as tricksters and musicians and the like, while Satyrs come from the Shadowfell as cunning spies.

>women make up half of the ruling social echelon
>muslim

Don't reply to my posts ever again

Personally I want to play a barbarian centauress in DW slightly inspired by monmusu.
No, seriously. The part about the two sexes being different: females are the "civilized" part and males are savages. Noble savages in my idea but stile savages.

Ginormous tits not included. I didn't like centorea design at all, actually.

Isn't that just the story of Sun Wukong.

A cheeky little cunt who caused shit for everyone until he mellowed the fuck out and became a Buddha?

Centaur in my setting are what happens when Elves give themselves to the Wild hunt in the Feywild.

Ironically the Centaur's racial leader usurped a Fey lord and basically controls the Wild hunts as the Huntsmaster, and he's luckily Lawful good.

Party currently convinced the Huntsmaster to unleash a wild hunt on the Lich bad guy.

Imagine a Lich being all smug at raising an army of one mirrion undead only to have a Dimensional hole rip open outside his house and Wave after wave of Immortal Ethereral berserkers smash his lands to bits in a single glorious charge.

Doesn't count as a race, so I guess I should just go with undead, but I love the worm that walks. I'm a big fan of anything undead in general, but the worm that walks is just such a neat creature and I love playing as them.

Well it's Bioware we're talking about here, so naturally it's the sparkly enlightened Islam that SJWs love to dream about.

>enlightened Islam

How can Bioware take inspiration from something that has never existed?

Shadar-Kai for their edgyness

>what is fantasy

Pic related

Thank you!

Also, signed.

Neat. I use Hanu, based off of that vaguely as well as Japanese myths about Son Goku and Chinese myths about Sun Wukong

Goblins and Kobolds, as long as they are the funny, earnest kind. The creepy/shrewd variety of Gobs/Kobolds is fun too, but I think they are at their best when they are silly comic relief.

I like Drow too, as long as they're simply a brutal but advanced matriarchal society rather than "literally always Chaotic Stupid". I think they look nice and the defined societies from WotC/TSR/whoever first defined them have good storytelling potential. Also femdom is a fetish of mine.

Also gnolls, as long as they're of the spotted hyena femdom variety. I don't have any other real reasons like my fondness for drow though.

I read Faris as Farts the entire time and was incredibly confused, I feel really stupid.

I like pixies and fairies because they're easy to bully.

>Bully fairy
>Learn the hard way how strong fae magic is
Enjoy being fairy sized to a fairy

(male)?

About 1 in 10 are, yes

>bullying fairies
It was nice knowing you, pal.

Halflings.
Not hobbity overweight-rural-English-people halflings, D&D hallfings. Preferably with a side order of travelling pikey flair. There's just something about a colourful band of three feet tall gypsies who'll fuck you up if you look at them wrong that appeals to me.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

I don't like those chances, but I'm going for them anyway. let me see that one

I'm so disappointed.

Sentient undead. The Forsaken in wow or the necropolitan from dnd.

>Sentient
You mean sapient.

I'm a fan of pretty much any animal people that don't usually get shown.

I like insect people especially. Bee people are a little mundane for me, but I really like moth people and other more obscure insectfolk. If I had any skill, I'd draw a potato-bug person.

Minotaur master race reporting in

Human.

You could try asking for one specifically?

With you there.

I like the design of sergals, and the rough bits of their lore (matriarchal warriorlike society). Alas, the rest of it is mostly terrible, especially anything dealing with reproduction.

I adore gryphons beyond everything else.