Warhammer 40k General

Slow Threads and Summer Days Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DeNBJ5o-b7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reposting there since I didn't get an answer in the previous thread that is now dead.

This is my first draft at a 1750pts IH army allied with admech. The goal here is to make a mechanized army with lots of walkers because I like them while trying to keep the whole thing as competitive as possible.

What do you think ?

Primary Detachment: Fist of Medusa Strike Force

Armoured Task Force
Techmarine – The Ironstone, 2 servitors 115pts
Predator – Lascannons 140pts
Predator – Lascannons 140pts
Vindicator Squadron – 3 Vindicators w/ stormbolter 375pts

Honoured Ancients
Ironclad Dreadnought – Chainfist, x2 heavy flamers, Drop Pod 180pts

Honoured Ancients
Dreadnought – x2 Twinlinked autocannons 120pts

Allied detachment: Cult Mechanicus

HQ
Techpriest Dominus 105pts

Troop
x6 Kataphron Destroyers – Heavy grav cannons 330pts

Allied Detachment: Skitarii

Troop
x10 Skitarii Rangers 120pts

Heavy Support
Onager Dunecrawler – Icarus array 125pts

Wednesday came early

from last thread

1500 points of GK vs Deathwing on Friday

I am taking:

Librarian (145pts)
>Nemesis Daemon hammer, Psyker [ML 3], Storm bolter

Terminator Squad (480pts)
>7x Terminator, 2 Halbred, 1 Psycannon
Land Raider Crusader
>Multi-melta

Terminator Squad (480pts)
>6x Terminator, 1 Halbred, 1 Psycannon
Land Raider Crusader
>Multi-melta

2 Nemesis Dreadknight (175pts)
>Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis greatsword and power fist

1490/1500
so a bit of room to play around and I have a few paladins and purifiers with a Land Raider Reedemer

Nth for Monstergirl Operators

Why are pictures of the chaos gods begrudgingly getting along in the context of real world activities so great?

Are there any more?

>two land raiders
>vs DA

>land raiders ever

I'd take the other squads instead, liber Daemonic a on the librarian, maybe two librarians of you can afford it, then play for points.

Please tell me you use scenarios and objectives, user?

How often would you say a BT becomes a Deathwatch marine?

I need to fill 90 points in a mechanized IG army

these are my ideas so far

1) tech priest with two plasma cannon servitors foot slogging behind my tanks, or protecting my wyverns
2)primaris psyker with a lv2 mastery (i dont know how to use it in a mechanized army
3)lord commissar to support my infantry squad
4)3 commissars

Are Land Raiders not good?
I know they are expensive but since I can't deep strike all my terminators it made sense to give them protection.

So I should just have 2 termi squads, my purifiers and paladins then two GKs. I can do the math but it may leave me a ton of points left.

At what point can I deepstrike them, I know I need something on the field at start.

>Please tell me you use scenarios and objectives, user?

Do you mean Maelstrom Missions? That is what seems to be preferred at my shop.

This will be my eleventh game.

As much as any other chapter, which is to say rarely.

so i know we like to mathhammer, talk theory and play games but does anyone ever play against themselves? i have learned i am very aggressive and easy to punish in tabletop games, i only tried malifaux the other night but i'm sure i'd go the same way

maybe the tech priest but idk about plasma cannon servs, but if you're doing mechanized you can take 0-3 per hq to hang out with the men (i've always liked the idea of techpriests/techmarines hanging out in the army but sadly chaos doesn't do that)

So once every 500 years?

Take a Sentinel

I thought about it once but it's a bitch to take out and move all the by yourself.
Also, my two armies are daemons and Orks so it's clear who the winner would be.

Land raiders are overcost. They aren't as tough as they appear.

Grab and d being too common is part of the problem. Haywire being pretty common hurts too.
And one 5+ on a pen from the very common ap2 and the vehicle is useless.

>idk about plasma cannon servs
guess i can make stuff like two normal servitors and one plasma cannon serv if he's going to run around and repair stuff, or go full cannon if he needs to just pump out some additional fire

2x autocannon Sentinels.

Love it.

Land Raiders have trouble pulling their points, don't have a lot of firepower, and if your opponent has grav/haywire/gauss/whatever that doesn't really care about armor they will die quickly.

2 autocannon armored sentinels

Try taking a Nemesis Strike Force formation.

How's your army?
I bought my DE over a month back but I really haven't kept up with painting them.

Why are raiders so fucking awful to paint, It's hard enough just holding in my hands? I just wanna have a nice army.
I've painted 5 of my 30 kabalites so far, still got my archon, succubus, chronos, 5 incubi and TWO of these fucking raiders. Once I finish these I just need a venom, a talos and scourges.

>How's your army
FULLY PAINTED
FULLY BASED

pretty good, i'm like 75% painted i guess? i need to finish what's on my desk and paint up another malifaux crew. and there's this nagging thought at the back of my mind that everything needs touchups or be redone

Not so great, I can't settle on a scheme for my skitarii and my Dangles.

And I really don't enjoy painting vehicles too much.

Slowly working on my Khorne CSM. Picked up a lot of secondhand berzerkers on ebay to build a Butcherhorde. Me and my ork playing friend are planning an all-infantry showdown between his hundred-plus boyz and Kharn's crew.

I just finished a Warp Talon squad, it's a real shame they aren't better as the models are pretty nice.

like 90% painted
My pink horrors still need to be based and my heldrake is like 50% done, the problem being is that the last 50% is painting every single raised edge on the wings/armor and then cleaning up the mistakes because I'm a sloppy piece of shit. Because of how much of a PITA it is to paint the Heldrake I've been putting him off for months now.

I'm still settling on a final list before posting any buy orders. Nurgle Demons.

Any idea where i can get some audio books free?

i wouldn't suggest buying it all at once if you're the dude who's been posting a list over the past few days then you've done a fair amount of theory craft so you might as well start buying and painting

mostly primed, a good 33% of it painted, swarmy nids btw

Just got my paints and brushes finally. Now I just have to wait a month or two for the temperature to go down below 100.

I haven't played in a few years, but I just found the Kill team rules on my laptop. I had some great fun playing KT, and I'm wondering if the rules are still good in the current edition.

My LGS just started getting 40k product in, and I think KT would be a fantastic start for new players to dip their feet rather than drop $200-400 on an army and decide they don't like it.

grey knights 96% done (just working on centerpeices) RG only about 20% done (actually thankful as I can now use nuln gloss and save a buttload of time) with IG/AM about 80% done.

I have a few half assembled tanks but all my infantry is still on the sprue

Most folks will use the adjusted rules, Heralds of ruin.
But yeah, it's good fun on the cheaper side.

>When you drop a lot of money on one purchase

My gk are like 95% done painted for what I actually use in games. Still have a lot I could be finishing though.

it'll be worth it eventually

Just finished reading the Valedor novel.
What a waste of time.

what were you expecting

Show me dreadnoughts.

Looking through them now. How does it actually compare to actual 40k with all the changes? I'm seeing mini codexes for all the armies.

I'm just worried about the whole unofficial thing with new players.

Not mine.

I can't tell if that marine on the far right is either a SoH or an AL who failed infiltration.

SoH the guy did for fun.

I love this guy's paintjob.

Oh. He threw me off.

They're pretty good, the optional wounding rule is the only thing I find remotely questionable, since it can really protract a fight.

Just bought an Imperial Knight, what's the best build?

I could just magnet the arms, but is it really worth it?

Alright cool. Hopefully we can get some people playing and move into bigger forces.

As a SoB player, I think my favorite part of these rules is being able to use my Jump canoness model again. Seraphim have always been my favorite unit from when I started in early 4th, and I like the idea of running a full kill team of them.

Thanks for the laugh.

>but is it really worth it?
For something that big? You might as well, unless you're planning on buying several.

Kek.

What's the legislative system of the Imperium? How do they make new laws?

>a walking church

Step 1: The High Lords of Terra make general laws that everyone must follow. Like not being a heretic and the Imperial Tithe of creating IG regiments.

Step 2: Everything else is decided by the planetary governor.

Step 3: Hope your planetary governor isn't a douche.

Step 4: Realize that your planetary governor is a MASSIVE douce.

Step 5: Be arrested/assasinated/drafted into a penal legion/made into a servitor for not respecting your planetary governor.

Heretic.

Should have two more boxes of Space Wolves coming in along with another Venerable Dreadnought and some Fenrisian Wolves. I really need to get going on putting my kits together, but I let a friend convince me to paint before assembly and it's taking fucking forever.

The word of the High Lords is law.

Everything else is on a planet-by-planet basis. Imperial organizations will typically respect the laws of a planet as long as they don't contradict an Imperial law or impact the planets productivity. In exchange, agents of the Imperium are expected to be accommodated as best as possible, and local authorities cooperate with them as much as possible.

Things like Rogue Traders pretty much make their own laws, and pretty much live by their own rules unless they REALLY screw up.

The one governor in Titanicus wasn't a massive douche but I guess he like Creed and others are in the minority. Fun fact: That book got me into 40k
How'd everyone else get into the hobby?

I got into the lore from the video games but I didn't get into the hobby until I discovered a FLGS within a 20 minute drive from me.

the thing is that planetary governors that aren't douches are probably common, especially on agri-worlds (where mathematically most of the work is done by machines so they can export as much food as possible), pleasure worlds (though they're probably a slaaneshi cultist), and paradise worlds, but since 40k is grimdark they don't show it often unless it's about to get turned inside-out by chaos/necrons/nids/orks/deldar/tau/enslavers/etc.

>two in the pink...

I'm happy to report that today my SoB table on turn 5, 6 wraith, 3 full necron Warriors, 2 croissant, lord with orb and his shield lych guard buddies.

+++ Traditional Sisters of Battle (1491pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1365pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (290pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (550pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad (170pts) [8x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (390pts) +

Exorcist (130pts) [Storm Bolter]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (126pts) ++

+ HQ (126pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

i saw this book at the bookstore, played the game and then met my best friend in band class. he introduced me to the table table the next week or so

that's nice; and now i wanna go to my nearest chinatown/vietnamesetown

Speaking of that do we have any named agri world/pleasure world IG regiments? I think In the Macharius novels they had one.

My Necrons are almost all done except for 1 lychguard, though he's primed and his base is prepared for him.
For my Scions on the other hand, all I got so far was the start collecting. I assembled and got all the bases ready, deciding against my glacial bases and instead using the snowy ones. For now though I'm just waiting because when I tried to prime my commissar and flamer scion I screwed up after having not primed in so long and now need to strip the paint off.

Saw Space Marine models in a random hobby shop on a vacation in Italy, got engrossed and hooked myself on my return home.

Why the Inquisitors? I haven't played since the very end of 5th.

Magnetizing the arms is worth if if only to make transport easier.

Okay.

Psyker support, LD10 and Stubborn.

That seems reasonable. Worth the 126 points?

I want to make a Black Templar army that's a bit fluffy. But not sure what to really focus on. So far I got a captain, a crusader squad with neophytes and a terminator squad. Should I buy some Land Raider Crusaders and more squads to fill them?

Reposting in hopes of critique.

1850pts all-comers list

Space Marines, Imperial Fists chapter tactics

+++HQ+++
>Captain 155pts
artificer armour, relic blade, primarch's wrath

+++ELITES+++
>Sternguard 248pts
9 men, rhino, dozer blade, extra armour

>Ironclad 145pts
heavy flamer, hurricane bolter, ironclad assault launchers

+++TROOPS+++
>Tacticals 149pts
6 men, plasma, combi-plas, rhino, dozer blade

>Tacticals 149pts
6 men, plasma, combi-plas, rhino, dozer blade

>Scouts 65pts
camo cloaks

+++FAST ATTACK+++
>Attack Bikes 120 pts
3 bikes

>Scout Bikes 74
cluster mines

+++HEAVY SUPPORT+++
>Predator Annihilators 420pts
3 tanks

>Stalkers 225pts
3 tanks

>Thunderfire Cannon 100pts

hay pals, what could you tell me about my army? im sorta' new to warhammer, i have only 4 games on my belt, 2 of them i won and 2 of them i losed, so what advise could you give on my army?

sitting in storage for 1 more week...but it's painted, mostly

Okay, but which knight is best? Paladin is the only one that gets shown off, wasn't sure if that's just a meme though.

The protagonist from Fifteen Hours is from a Agri-world

Basically psykers, and because I had no idea what else to put. One of them hold his ground against 5 wraith for 3 turns before getting murderd. The other left his battle harem to bitch slap some lych guard and the necron lord.

My Sister hold the line, and crush the alien.

youtu.be/DeNBJ5o-b7s Their were magnificent.

Depends on what you need.
If I had to pick one knight I'd probably take a Paladin with Ironstorm rocket pod for massed S8 fire and S:D

I'm guessing that your losses were against shooty armies, 'cause that looks like your weakness to me. I'd swap the Hellbrutes for something faster.

Chaos Space Marines are a top tier army. I was able to whipe my last to tourneys using low model count armies. You guys just need to learn to play the game better.

Here is my list for all you baddies out there

+++ (1850pts) +++

++ Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1850pts) ++

+ HQ (65pts) +

Sorcerer (65pts) [Power Armour, Veterans of the Long War (5pts)]

+ Troops (100pts) +

Chaos Cultists (50pts) [Cultist Champion (14pts), 9x Cultists (36pts)]

Chaos Cultists (50pts) [Cultist Champion (14pts), 9x Cultists (36pts)]

+ Lord of War (1685pts) +

Chaos Reaver Titan (1685pts) [Apocalypse Missile Launcher, 2x Laser Blaster, Legacy of Ruin: Death of Kasyr Lutien (25pts), Nurgle (200pts)]

Currently working on a truescale lucius the eternal because i like the character though sometimes i feel like GW should have given him a jump pack or at least insane movement abilities..

very early start

>CSM Top Tier Low Model Count Army
>Chaos Reaver Titan
>CHAOS REAVER TITAN
Kek

Have my rarest flag for giving me such laughs.

It's the most Imperial thing possible. What's more Imperial than a house of Emperor worship on legs? A church with an extending arm to grab you and force you inside of it?

So that faq with the whole "no battle brothers starting in your transports" things. I totally get the reason behind shutting down Gabriel Seth's crazy taxi service.

But kinda sucks for Inquisition. Unless I'm stupid, I guess you can't shove an inquisitor in with say, a bunch of GK terminators in a land raider or a bunch of stormtroopers in a valkyrie, or some crimson fists in a drop pod, or whatever else.

Bummer. I was looking to remake my old daemonhunters army and wanted to get my inquisitorial stormtrooper game back on.

Did they discontinue Immolators or something?

That comic was amazing from start to finish.

Do you like Transformers, user?

I remember seeing box sets and stuff for it and even Space Hulk way back when as a child, amazing as I'm an Ameriburger. I distinctly remember seeing Tyranids and Space Marines.

Of course my mother would never buy them for me, and whenever I went to the store I was more there for whatever paltry Gundam model kits they could import (I had a shitload of older F-91 kits..)

Later on, my stepdad, who was a big SSI fan, showed me their game for 40k but I never got to play it. Then years later I saw the Dawn of War game in a magazine and bought it when it came out and finally got introduced to the 40k universe properly. From there I learned about the wargame via the old GW website, and found a local retailer carrying it. I went and found some people playing wargames there even!
Turns out they were playing Warmachine and got me hooked on that instead as no one for at least a 1-2 hour drive from my hometown played 40k at all. I played Warmachine for seven years before finally getting my first taste of 40k during 5th edition, when I moved away to a college town to pursue an education.

Despite the setbacks I still collected the codex and read them religiously, a friend also gave me a lot of Gaunt's Ghosts and Last Chancers novella, and the Uriel Ventris series, and eventually the Horus Heresy novels. Its been a wild ride since then.

I have an Chaos Lord/Chaos Sorcerer in Terminator armor kit. What is the better choice to build it as?

Loyalist librarian

Has anyone had any good mileage with Tyrants Legion or is it as "Play to Lose" as the internet makes it out to be?

The library?

>Updated list of Forgeworld fliers with roles.
>Air Leviathan role
>No Blasta Bomma
>Warkopter went from skimmer to worst flier in the game.

At least they have invouentarily forced Dred Mob list back to being legal as its the most recent update of the warkoptas core rules.

But yeah. If one were to try and run an old ordo malleus themed army combining stormtroopers, inquisitor, retinue, assassins, and a handful of Grey Knights... any non-terrible ways of doing that?

Also for fucks sake, why couldn't warrior acolytes pay for some BS4 so I could call them stormtroopers and use my 40 friggin' stormtrooper and kasrkin guys without succumbing to autism over incorrect statlines?