Looking for D&D 4e Monster Manuals

Does anyone have pdfs of the 3 Monster Manuals? And the Monster Vault?

Other urls found in this thread:

goddessfantasy.net/Upload/dnd/4e/Monster Vault.pdf
mediafire.com/download/m555wbs905jb00z/Strike! Core Rulebook.pdf
fuckyeahdnd.tumblr.com/post/133344712112/strike-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do, but half way across the U.S. So instead, have this bump.

If all else fails you could always buy them from DriveThruRPG. Last I checked Monster Vault was on sale.

Any monster you are looking for in particular??

Not really. I'm quite new to D&D, went straight to 5e. But I've heard the 4e monster manuals are full of creative and neat ideas, and since I'm DMing, I want to take a look and maybe draw some inspiration from them!

Well, thanks user. I'll check it out there, but I'd rather find a pdf. The exchange rate of my currency to dollar is awful high.

The rules themselves probably won't translate at all, but the ideas might be worth keeping.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Haven't got a chance to look through them yet, though.

There was a trove on google drive.

but a quick google found this anyway:
goddessfantasy.net/Upload/dnd/4e/Monster Vault.pdf

God, Orcus looks so stupid

>Not really. I'm quite new to D&D, went straight to 5e. But I've heard the 4e monster manuals are full of creative and neat ideas, and since I'm DMing, I want to take a look and maybe draw some inspiration from them!

Then you want the MM3, Monster Vault and books books newer than the Monster Vault. MM1+2 were great, but all the stuff worth stealing into 5E shows up in MV.

Hey, semi-related, does anyone have that pdf of the 4th edition math fixes?

I think I remember what you mean. Was that the one that removed all the +to hit feats + inherent bonuses and all the other number shit and just incorporated it into leveling?

It wasn't very well received, not sure if it's worth the effort hunting it down.

.....possibly. I remember it addressed player & monster hp, there was something with feats, magic item attunement, etc.

Yeah, we may be thinking of different stuff, but the one I recall was kinda more hassle than it's worth, since you can just hand out the free expertise feats+inherent bonuses+use MM3 math and be basically set (mathematically speaking).

Ehhhh. I just wanna play a leaner, cleaner 4e.

You are probably better off porting the things you are missing into Strike! than trying to untangle 4e math.

I like the core mechanics of 4e but I can't stand how much HP the average living organism has. A cat could have 20HP. I thought of just reducing HP by half for everything, but than had a better idea. (And by better I mean far more rage inducing for my players...)

What if there wasn't HP at all?

What if instead as you level a dice is rolled buffing you more abruptly? Say for example...

Defense bonuses. (AC, Reflex, whatever.)
Saving throw bonus. (It's not as important as in 3.5 but whatever.)
Damage Reduction. (This is the bread and butter of not dying now.)
Energy Resistance or Immunity. (Something like increments of 5, and beyond 20 is immune.)

Why so much emphasis on passive bonuses?

Cause instead of HP, whenever you're "hit" you roll a d100 vs damage dealt. If you roll below damage, you die.

Healing surges could be dice checks to avoid dying after the damage has taken it's toll.

Strike, eh? Intriguing. Any way i could get my hands on a pdf?

mediafire.com/download/m555wbs905jb00z/Strike! Core Rulebook.pdf

Stop shilling Strike!

Why does Veeky Forums keep shilling Strike!?

Hey, this is literally the first ive heard of it, guy

And you, thank you for the link, but it doesn't really look like my cup of tea. Long life & good fortune, user

No prob famalama.

Check the combat classes section at around ~100 at least.

The part that's called the "core" of the game (first 30 pages or so) is admittedly kinda plain/poor, but the modules are great imo.

It's mentioned in every 4e thread, though I recall someone saying it's actually not much like 4e at all, like how people say 13th age is like 4e when it really isn't.

I summon the all-knowing touhoufag to clarify

The "core" out of combat system is almost minimalist narrative stuff.

The combat system, and creating the combat side of your character, is the super-streamlined version of the 4e combat system/character creation.

Actually, I found this blog while looking for the PDF:

fuckyeahdnd.tumblr.com/post/133344712112/strike-review

I don't agree with the conclusion on the out of combat stuff but different tastes.