WIP: painting and sculpting general

There was no thread so I made one edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17KfZsuooZQ
dulux.com.au/products/dulux-interior-products/effects/product-detail?product=10025
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which looks better? I'm holding off on finishing my hive tyrant until i decide if i'll stick with the mossy look or go ahead and do the feathering/striping on my entire army.

left

Reposting my newest WIP.
I still need to greenstuff on some runes to their weapons.

Is there any guide or infographic for working with greenstuff? The damn stuff seems to stick to everything I try to use to mold it.

You want to keep the greenstuff and your tools very wet while working with it - alternatively, mix in a little more blue if it's just TOO sticky.

Right.

Using some sort of grease or butter will also work great.

This

Reposting my inquisitior wip

And my second dread knight wip

All I see is mold lines

how would I find a johnny on ebay?

those look great, i especially like the church on the left base

Church? Are you high, son?

very nice.

Thanks

Looks nice but I'm not a fan of the abundance of red

yum

Looks like something from The Thing

this. i like it though.

i think it's intended to be

Think i might call it a wrap on this one. I'm pretty happy with it.

For all my Slaanesh lovers working on a truescale Lucius the Eternal wish me luck.

Back view so far lots of work to do

Jesus christ clean your keyboard. It looks as if someone died on it.

Well it is covered in sculpting stuff so it happens

Nice mini dude, but that keyboard indicates you're some kind of serious drug addict or a garbage hoarder.

I gotta keep that Slaanesh theme yoh

>that's not dandruff, it's cocaaaaaaaine

youtube.com/watch?v=17KfZsuooZQ

Told you last time, left, any day of the week. Right looks a mess.

I have an old, busted up chimera that I'm looking to make into terrain. Are there any guides or tips about how to go about this? Assuming that making a single piece wreck would be the best use of the model.

It really, really depends on what you want to do here. Some ideas

>cut it and half-bury it as a hill type terrain
>turn it into a burned wreck
>turn it into a wreck that was torn open by explosives
>turn it into a half slagged vehicle

Cutting it in half and burying would let me use the excess bits as scatter terrain, so I may go for that. Top hatch is totally fucked (doors are gone, hinges are gunked up with green stuff), so that probably needs to look like it's been blown or torn open.

Never forget.

With some careful application of acetone, you could melt areas like they were hit with a melta like the doors

Will the £1 nail polish remover I can grab from Super Drug work for that?

Also, how do you go about removing dried green stuff?

Probably. Check if its Acetone-free though.

cut it up, have it look cracked open
Or.
Look at Vehicle IED wrecks, Do that.

HIT IT WITH A HAMMA.

That's how I imagine poland in 40k. Red, white, always ready to bring fight into melee.

Vaseline works well you just have to wipe it all off when the Greenstuff dries.

the red white dominance looks nice on the weird grey knight machines

Much better than a food product, like butter....

Finished my Chaos knight and kinda lost on what I should work on next.

Should I continue to work on my Chaos, or my Harlies?

Unit of Harlies then back to Chaos.

Greens with butter are delicious

Sounds like it's time to start a new army t. GW

How does the skin on this Talos look?

>Trim ends of green beans
>Rinse with running cold water
>Bring pot to a boil (treating as a fairly reliable near launch rumour - lightly salted)
>Once boiling, add green beans while stirring
>After 30-90 seconds (when beans are a nice brilliant bright green and softened, but a slight crunch to the bite) remove from pot and drain
>IMMEDIATELY place into an ice bath to shock the beans (immediately stop them from cooking further and turning into a gross grey green mushy bean)
>Mince an ounce of raw garlic and onion
>Heat pan to medium high heat
>Add cold oil to hot pan and add onions and saute until starting to slightly become golden and translucent.
>Add mince garlic and saute til golden brown and fragrant.
>Deglaze pan with 1oz white cooking wine while dropping your pre-cooked beans into a boiling water bath for 10 seconds, drain, added to pan, saute lightly
>Remove from heat, add tbsp of butter and melt in residual heat, toss around with beans, onions and garlic
>Salt and Pepper to taste.

great! But, do a thinned wash of Druchii Violet over his nipples.

Wtf I tried this and it made mustard gas

DO NOT DO THIS

It is because you did not have your ice bath ready and your beans over cooked after the initial boiling.
That, or you added cold oil to cold pan and brought both to temp together instead of cold oil to hot pan as instructed.
Mustard Gas, rookie mistake.
Read the instructions from start to finish before starting and prepare properly!
Set up for success!
OR DIE.

Can anyone point me to a good picture of the mark of nurgle? I need one for my bolter prop.

I forgot. Please explain.

Guy showed a picture of a knight (or was it a titan). Someone said that the basing looked like a church being trampled. The Painter threw a tantrum about the comment

Well since I'm bored at work anyway, why not.

Look at this picture. The thing on its base looks like a small church, right? Some people jokingly commented on it and he had what can only be described as an autistic spergout, answering every single post with a wall of text explaining that, in fact, it wasn't a church and couldn't be a church because it was too small as every normal person could see.

It would have died down instantly if he had not continued responding to every post about it in every thread for a week.

Pretty sure it was a Knight as the meme cared on with every Knight posted.

I think the scale might be off, that church is too small. Good effort though, nothing worse than a titan with no church on the base

OR, I am wrong: Looks like bits from the official Games Workshop Manufactorum terrain kit. So, the scale is right. That is just a big Titan.

That's a weird looking knight. Is it some sort of Forge World model?

Did someone say Poland in 40k

Okay, okay I get it, it's some sort of HH Dreadnought from FW. Sheesh.

Knights, can't live with em, can't live without em.

Muh dwarf

So I posted a few threads back about my first endeavor into miniature painting. I bought the Dark Vengeance set, and a handful of 50 cent acrylics from wallyworld.

Here's the finished tactical squad. Tell me how bad it is and how to improve (barring better paint, I'm working on it).

Hello
I'm starting a Daemon army.
I want to paint them with the ghostly / ethereal look, but stuck between two paint themes.

1) "Godly" - Ghostly effects similar to attached, but instead of blue, depending on the Daemons it would be in their god's color (Khorne spectral Red, Slaanesh Purple, Tzeetch Blue, Nurgle Green)

Or

2) "Shadowy" - Ghostly effects similar to attached, but instead of blue I'd be using black. Eyes and gems and shit with their God's colors

I was wondering what wip thought between the two, and if anyone has had any experience painting "ghostly" models, especially if not in the usual ghostly green style (all the guides I've seen were for the spirit host-esk style)

Thanks

HERE'S THE PICTURE CAUSE I'M DUMB.

Yuh dwarf is gud

Looks good. You have a promising future ahead of you.

#1, but do a test model of each and post here.

>those weathered and rusty paitings
Muh dick

Those look perfectly serviceable for a first attempt. You can improve by adding more advanced techniques like highlights, blending and stuff.

Great start though

Marionettes are done now apart from basing.
Today i'll be painting up some more puppets, probably.

ha, looking great! Those models are neat.

The broken mirror rocks. Is it sculpted broken or did you paint it like that?

Now on to your metallic daemon creature?

Just base really bright and instead of highlights, bring the colors down with darker layers on the outside. That way you get an inner glow effect.

those (from what I can tell) are really fucking good for first models. Better than many people's on here now. If you are american you'll probably have some of the best models at your lgs. I'm not joking.

How do I paint nurgly shit? This was supposed to be a loyalist bolter, but as you can see the finishing looks like ass mostly because my first time doing something like this So I decided to do a Nurgle bolter instead. Need some Ideas what to greenstuff into it too.

dulux.com.au/products/dulux-interior-products/effects/product-detail?product=10025

Get some rust color

Thanks, I really like the mirror too I think it came out really well, It's sculpted like that.
No big metallic deamon creature for me in the near future though, that's one of the couple of other people on here who post Malifaux stuff.

Preparing to make some InstantMold duplicates of an assortment of Harlequin masks to use on my human cultists that are to be masked and hooded (basically GSed onto/over DV Culists with lots of Fantasy wizard and sorcerer bits and some choice bits from various Daemons of Tzeentch kits.
The plasticard rods have yet to be glued to the sprue pieces so masks that appear rotated will be properly mounted.

Not crazy about the Tsons contemptor head, any suggestions for an alternative?

Well, 19 Harlequins masks. One is the free Sigmarite head from the WD cut down to a mask.

Recast all your shit in translucent plastic of the right color and then paint on top of that.

water+ washing up liquid. keep it on your hands and tools at all times.

>dork angels

Funniest user on the Internet right hurrr

>fag angels

Marking out where to attach the rods to the sprue so the rods lay between the LEGO nipples in order to act as guides.

>dank angels

I'm looking to convert a carnosaur. Any cool ideas?

Tough call. I would say Right.

Left one looks too much like a fresh poop

Right looks more like carapace that is covered in mud from months of battle in a jungle/mudland

flat colours, terrible banner, it's shit tbqh lad

I really appreciate the feedback. It's really encouraging, which is much a much different vibe than I expected.

Reposting this from a 40k thread:

I'm currently in the process of building a riptide (and a hammerhead) and I'm looking at magnetising some of the weapons like the ion accelerator and burst cannon on the riptide.

I've found a site selling a bunch of magnets and I'm thinking about using 3mm x 1mm circular magnets to put in for the weapons, this seems common on a few videos/sites I've seen. My question is how strong should these magnets ideally be? There's one with 0.13kg pull and another with 0.19kg pull, what would be the better choice?

What's the army that will use it?
Are contemptor heads bigger than a normal marine?

Seraphon/Lizardmen

have fun on your ship named for a gay bar.