I'm so sick of DMing Pathfinder/3.5

I'm so sick of DMing Pathfinder/3.5
Its everything that my group plays which includes the one guy who got me into TTRPGs in the first place and he literally thinks that D&D 3.5 is the greatest edition ever made.

I need to make a change or I'm going to go insane. What are some good systems I can suggest that are rules light, not crunchy and easier to run, but not so radically different that I can still coax my group, because Pathfinder is just weighing on my soul.

If have to hear the words "five foot step" one more time I'm going to kill my whole gaming group.

I refuse to put any effort into this reply because your lacked effort to fucking search google or this very fucking site.

Took some effort to type so you kinda fucked up your MO already

Savage Worlds is quick and easy to pick up. There are several fantasy settings for it as well. You could also try any of the Burning Wheel games, they're pretty fun and simple.

D&D 5e? it's pretty fast, and there's almost not room for exploits

I've heard of Savage Worlds, Ill give it a look.
And D&D 5e was my first bet because it seemed like it would be a good transition but one of the people in my group just had a really adverse reaction to it for the actual reason of "i cant do anything bullshit in this system"

>"I can't do anything bullshit in this system"
Get better friends.

>I can't do anything bullshit in this system
Kill them. Please.

Meme reply, but

DUNGEON
WORLD

Actually fits fine here.

This. It's pretty straight-forward, and its the the first system my group learned after Pathfinder.

Fantasy Craft is just different enough while still having a bunch of dials and knobs in character creation/advancement to make sure they're engaged (that's the sort of thing diehard 3.PF players usually miss in other systems), plus it leverages the feat system in a very smart and satisfying way. There's interesting and potent characters you can make that might feel gimmicky or like crazy bullshit but are actually fine, so it'll hopefully sate that one asshole.
And ideally it won't be too similar for you so it can break you out of your cabin fever-like funk.

Plus there's True20, which is way further away in similarities but still has some of the same blood.
In True20 you have a broad role instead of a class--Expert, Warrior, or Adept--which colors what options you have moving forward, your BAB, save progression, skill ranks, and that's more or less it. You start with 4 feats and get one more feat every level, and feats basically replace standard class ability fare. Feats can be bonuses to certain weapons, or metamagic, or things like Favored Enemy, Sneak Attack, or Smite. You sort of build your class as you go. Oh, plus the Adept can forego feats for powers.

Also, True20 is actually universal and the revised book has stuff in there for fantasy, modern, and scifi. It's pretty interesting.

You got to mix your shit up, too many cool games out there that need some love- 2nd ed WHFRP, FFG Star Wars, Twilight 2000, SLA Industries etc
Heck even if you get out of generic fantasy hell for a while its a nice break

and no 5ft step.

YOU FILTHY SHILL!

HOW DARE YOU PREACH THAT CANCER HERE! BEGONE!

Holy fuck OP, just fucking kill yourself already if you're going to spend your entire life complaining about D&D being popular.

>I can't do anything bullshit in this system

Have the truth of it.
Either make your players pay you to DM, because this has become a job for you, or tell them to find someone else to showcase their wankery.

>Pretending 3finder is all of D&D
I think you're the one who should take the hero's journey here user.

Fifth Edition. Dungeon World. Savage Worlds.

All good choices if you're looking to stay within the genre.

Do they honestly not want to branch out to other genres though? None of them ever wanted to be a pirate, a cowboy, a Jedi, or a space cop? No one wants to be a noir detective or a superhero? Only dungeon delving fantasy?

GURPS Baybee

For starters if running a game has started to feel like a chore to you, it's entirely okay to take a break from GMing.

Now, if the crunch feels tiresome to you then consider simply winging it more. During play don't stop to look out for the exact rule to solve a situation, but just do what sounds about right to you - do the whole 'rulings not rules' thing from the earlier editions. The game mechanics feel cumbersome to you, so simply avoid engaging them at all in the first place. This will speed up the play since you spend less time thumbing through the rule book, and as a bonus this will bypass a lot of the bullshit from your players, who probably depend on an exact wording in the rules books. If they complain tell them that's how you're going to run the game at your table from now on, they are free to look for a game elsewhere.

You don't need to go full freeform on them, but use common sense instead of strict rules is all.

He can branch out using Savage Worlds. There's support for all of that in the system,

Go Mutants and Masterminds (Or Champions Complete for faster combat) for a game that makes them feel powerful yet is easy to balance in comparison to 3.5e.

OP what you want is Dungeon World

It's pretty much objectively one of the best currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechsnics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.

Last session my fighter wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window. We are talking about real roleplaying here, not babby 3.5 shit. In D&D I'd have to roll like six checks to do something like that, assuming I had the proper feats. In Dungeon World you just have to roll a 7+ on 2d6. The rules flow from there.

OP do not play Savage Worlds. It's a shitty system that tries too hard to reinvent the wheel. The exploding die and raise mechanics make any form of encounter balance/planning impossible. A rank 1 novice can one-shot a dragon with lucky die rolls using his fist. The system boasts that bennies are used for "cool things" like players changing narrative or pulling off impossible stunts, but players just hoard them for use as extra hit points. The chase system (any iteration of it) is an absolute shit storm of retardation. The 3-wound limit is just plain bad game design. The community is full of sad 40-something-year-old zealots who foam at the mouth at any notion of house ruling the assy mechanics. Shotguns are utterly broken and despite having the same average damage as a rifle, end up dealing twice as much because of exploding dice. The entire game works on a fucktarded tabletop scale so you either have to use miniatures for EVERY combat or have fun doing extra math every time you want to figure out range penalties.

It's like the worst parts of FATE and GURPS put together, with none of the upsides. Don't play it. Leave it in the trash where it belongs.

Ignore this guy. His copy-pasta has been stinging in the last few threads and just doesn't stop. It's like he's trying out for the new virtualoptim shitposter position.

Here's your (You).

Dungeon World is a bad, bad way to shit up PbtA's good implementation.

Hell, he might even be virt. Virt was known to play "le obnoxious DW fanboy" from time to time, and I saw that autistic fuck, sans trip, still peddling his same old weird-ass ideas about early RPGs a couple months back.

Actually Dungeon World is pretty much an objective improvement on D Vincent Baker's half-formed ideas.

Apocalypse World was a restrictive, overly-lethal game, meaning that using the PbtA mechanic to do something creative meant you died half the time. That doesn't support fiction first roleplaying. So Dungeon World got rid of it and replaced it with hit points which are far superior. It also fleshed out the classes a lot more and removed sex moves which were fucking stupid.

Just quit. If what you said was the problem was actually the problem, 5e would have been the right answer. Your players want to eat shit and pretend they like it. Anything that interrupts said shit-eating, be it a better version of the same ruleset or a more tightly focused narrative game, is going to result in similar whining at their munchkin toys being taken away.

If you no longer want to be part of that bullshit, 1) I commend you and 2) just walk away. Chronic coprophagia is incurable.

>5e would have been the right answer.

5e is never the right answer. Dungeon World is the right answer, because, frankly, it is a far better game.

5e is terrible though.

No u

Go away Virt, you aren't fooling anyone with your false flag

But it is.

GURPS, Burning Wheel, and Savage Worlds are all more engaging and exciting than any addition of D&D has ever been.

5e didn't fix anything, it's just the same crap in a waxed paper bag so it doesn't leak all over your lap.

>Burning Wheel
You are either a masochist or parroting others despite never having played this game.

Good god man, don't use the V-Word, he might return.

Sadist actually.

I enjoy Burning Wheel more than D&D. Is that wrong?

Man, and here I am wanting to try out Rune Quest....

Here's an idea.

Tell your friends to go fuck themselves.

>implying that autist can stay away

On the contrary, lots of people are buying it. Just look around the board and see the butthurt.

Then try it. No one's stopping you.

GURPS

He just can't help himself.