Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Remember to take N. Jolly's Extra Social Talent (Companion to the Lonely) to succeed on those Horror Adventures corruption saves, everyone!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy9n5a/discuss&page=22?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Horror-Adventures#tabs
docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/prestidigitation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes okay

I'm still bloody mad that a decently-made (even if still T4) class as the Vigilante was tied to such a shitty concept.

>give Eldritch Scion 4+Int Skill points
>he is considered as in a state of focus so log as he has 1 point in his arcane pool, allowing spell combat
>swift action to toggle bloodrager powers on/off, no cost or duration limit
>still habe to take the feat to metamagic a spell, but we all know which one you're taking
level 12 arcana to use your CL and Cha for wands

Do these houserules make Eldritch Scion actually be not-shit?

legacy of dragons infodump

Alternate racial abilities for the 7 core races.
Wyvarans get alternate racial traits, racial feats, and a few new favored class options.
Traits for growing up in a domain touched by dragons.
Esoteric, Imperial, Outer, and Primal expanded bloodlines. The alternate bloodlines are really just variant bloodline arcana and different breath weapon types and shapes (though a few do offer bludgeoning or piercing for their damage types!)
The Dragon oracle mystery... well, it makes you more like a dragon. Revelations for scales and senses and a tail and breath weapons and just, well, dragon-y stuff. also, Covetous curse
The Dragonblood Chymist, Dragonheir Scion (Fighter), Mindwyrm Mesmer, Wyrm Singer (Skald), and Wyrmwitch archetypes, no info yet
Scaled Fist monk archetype
Scaled Fist goes off of CHA instead of WIS. Start gaining dragon immunities and can imbue their attacks with an element and gain a breath attack. Has rules for if you're playing a core monk or unchained version. The Drake companion, with supporting archetypes for Druids, Shamans, Cavaliers, Rangers, and Paladins. It's specifically a Drake (that has unique abilities that you can pick from). They can be any non-good alignment. The Drake companion is along the lines of an Unchained Eidolon. A set progression of abilities, but a few that can be chosen. Not a point-based system, but still some flexibility. Maxes out at 15 HD like an Eidolon, too. Importantly, Drake Companions do not count as Animal Companions for anything that affects Animal Companions and if your DC dies it SPECIFICALLY says you can't just get another as easily as you would an AC, you HAVE to get your's raised.

part 2
Linnorm, Tatzlwyrm, and Wyvern Style feat chains. Linnorm Style you reduce your AC and get bonuses and AoOs vs those that attack you, and even more vs those that drop you. Tatzlwyrm Style lets your UAS deal slashing damage, helps breaks others out of grapples, makes you harder to grapple, and can grapple without using your hands. Wyvern Style lets you Flurry with certain close range weapons and whips, makes your allies not provoke through movement against whoever you're Flurrying, andthe final feat, Wyvern Wing lets you take 2 5ft steps while flurrying.
There's also the Bloodline Manifestion feat for Sorcerer and Bloodragers that gives an ability (they're all pretty cool, not just breath attacks or something) depending on what draconic bloodline you got.
There's technically only one Draconic Heritage feat, but it takes up TWO friggin pages because it gives you a special attack depending on what type of dragon you pick. For some of them if you're a certain class you get additional stuff or extra uses. It also does require a 13 CHA so not that bad.
The Caligraphy Wyrm and Pseudowyvern as Improved Familiar options. The new Improved Familiars are both N-aligned.
Dragon Magic, including spells with a new "draconic" descriptor. Among others, we get the Form of the Alien Dragon (esoteric, outer) and Form of the Exotic Dragon (imperial or primal) spell lines. There's also draconic ally which summons a Psuedodragon buffed up by a form of _ dragon spell and lasts 1 day per level.

all info is from posts in the paizo thread, with a bit of formatting to go race>traits>classes>feats>magic and group info together

>The Dragon oracle mystery... well, it makes you more like a dragon. Revelations for scales and senses and a tail and breath weapons and just, well, dragon-y stuff. also
1 minute or round per level per day?

>Druid, Shaman, Cavalier, Ranger, and Paladin all have archetypes that can get one.
Why the fuck does the shaman get one but the hunter doesn't?

Not enough info to answer your question., I copied and pasted everything I could find pretty much verbatim.
No idea.

based of of precedent though, I'd probably say scales gives a permanent small bonus to natural armor, scaling if Paizo had someone particularity not stupid look over it, maybe with an elemental resistance if they're being nice, senses are probably a starts off shitty and gets better over time revelation with a 3-7 level min requirement, tail is probably minutes per day (and claws, if you can get those), breath weapon is proabbly either 1/day per X levels or Cha Mod + X per day, there's probably a flight revelation usable minutes per day, and I'd be willing to bet that the capstone makes all the temporary boosts be always on.

>swift action to toggle bloodrager powers on/off, no cost or duration limit

I don't think this is a good idea, as even bloodragers are still limited by their powers only being active while raging.

Any news on Horror Adventures being leaked yet?

Most of the information we have currently is just what has been posted by others.

paizo.com/products/btpy9n5a/discuss&page=22?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Horror-Adventures#tabs

How to fix Pathfinder:

> all martial classes get good will saves
> remove all SoD spells
> cut the number of spells wizards can cast in half per day
> remove sorcerer and summoner
> rogue skills are rogue-only and other classes can take 1 rank MAXIMUM in those skills

There. Pathfinder would be a lot better. Hopefully they add these changes in PF 2.0

It's probably a bit knee-jerk. Would probably better to make it free_ action toggle to activate for 1 minute at a time by spending a pool point, I'm just a salty motherfucker. You don't get any of the actual bloodrage benefits, just the bloodline abilities, which SHOULD HAVE BEEN PASSIVE EFFECTS PAIZO YOU LAZY FUCKS.

I made the mistake of looking at all these archetypes with cool names for the magus alchemist, bard, etc, and they're all SHIIIIIIT. Shit design that doesn't even replace the right features for the archetype's theme. Bladed Scarf Dancer doesn't even replace medium/heavy armor proficiency or get PERFORM AS A CLASS SKILL. It makes me want to homebrew fixes but that would just be blood sweat and tears wasted on shit nobody else cares about.

Some bloodline abilities are just really damn powerful though. Like what, Arcane bloodline Eldritch Scion is now permanently in Form of the Dragon at all times? It's a bit silly. Some are totally valid as passive abilities and I'll agree there, but others seem just too powerful.

Limiting them to 1 minute durations per pool point I think is a solid alternative.

>no other class can perceive, use magical items, sneak around, or get through traps
>no bloodlines
>doesn't solve anything about gunslinger
1/10, terrible.

Tell me is this a shitty story line to set up for an introduction for a new big bad in a round robin?
(Especially because I based some of this off of that city of the damned game.)

The players find themselves in the ruins of a city back on Golarion from the world Kel (long story.)

The monkey men under the command of the gorilla king have summoned a twin tail comet upon this city with a dark ritual and are somewhere underneath this city performing it to empower a shamen again.

The players fight off monkey men, the crazed survivors, the undead, and make deals with scavenger kobolds and various other things.

If they don't kill the shaman in time he will escape the city and head to free station and bring down another comet except this time it's full of the equivalent of home brew shard-minds that serve a demi god.

The ritual this whole time was an over the top trick to sneak back onto golarion without the demi god's siblings ever noticing his return.

> delete gunslinger
> delete bloodlines

There you go

Clerics, Oracles, Arcanists are good though, right?

>all martial classes get good will saves

Let's just remove saves from the game. All creatures automatically pass any saving throw called for by any effect. There, that simultaneous fixes martials being ass at saves and nerfs casters. There are enough spells that still do something on a successful save or allow no save at all that casters should be okay.

So quick question. If I am using a gauntlet as a UC Monk which are enchanted with the Guided property, I can apply that property to all of my unarmed strikes so long as I have those on yes? So I can use Wisdom to dmg/hit?

If I were to buy a +1 weapon, would I need to pay 300 gold for it to be masterwork as well, or is the masterwork cost included in the normal 2,000?

Yes, you need to pay for the masterwork(+300) as well as the +1 enchantment(+2000). So a +1 longsword would be 2315gp total

Well, I don't think so. I'm pretty certain the guided would only apply to the gauntlet strike. That 1d4 attack.
Which is different to an unarmed strike.
Since, y'know, putting on a gauntlet is basically wielding a weapon and is in no way akin to using fists to attack.
So says Paizo.
Because....
Yes.

Amulet of mighty fists with guided could be what you need.

Well that's still better then the worst case scenario I expected. I can still work with that. Thank you dear user.

Garbage idea senpai.

Hey, here's the special week long horror themed archetypes for Legendary Vigilantes playtest.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

We need to add new links to the repository for new /pfg/ homebrew! What homebrew has graced our boards lately from users that should go in? Anyone got any ideas? Anything stick out?

Paizo removed SoD spells (they are save or damage now). DSP added them back in.

>people have talked about this in multiple threads
>pastebin still missing a bunch of homebrew people have repeatedly suggested adding
>the races haven't had the fat trimmed yet

> remove sorcerer and summoner
You're retarded.

You can actually enchant an unchained monks unarmed strikes as if they were manufactured weapons, you know.

Asking people to lost save or die spells you get a short list of like 10 spells. They are easily removed (or not useful outside of some circumstances, like sleep at early levels). People bitch and moan about it but at high levels debuffing gets harder and harder because spell DCs don't keep up with good saves. You have to target bad saves and as a prepared caster making sure you have save or suck/battle field control over all three saves strains your spell slots. Especially if you're leaving stuff open to utility. That's why quick study is so good.

Preparing spell slots is actually a big tactical deal. /Pfg/ acts as if it's always done optimally on perfect information. It almost never is.

This just makes wizards in practice slightly worse. By no means bad. They're still jostling for the front of tier 1.

DepressedAnon's classes should be added. They're pretty good.

The unchained swashbuckler should be added.

Wasn't there another homebrew fighter that you got a choice between a little religious a little magic and Very fighty.

what does a save or die wizard do against a monk with +20 in every save

>removing sorcerer, but the wizard stays with just half spells/day
>removing the summoner instead of just splitting their SLA Summoning and Eidolon mechanics into two separate specializations so they don't get to have all the cake and eat it to
>balancing skills around the class that is universally regarded as only slightly better than an NPC class

Martials getting good will saves is acceptable in most instances, but still retarded. 2/10, still probably one of the better shitposts we've had in a dozen threads.

>replying to a troll

Stop. They've been at it all morning.

To answer this question, ask yourself:

>does this benefit the monk, or let them have nice things?
>if yes, then it probably doesn't work

I know that, and you know that. People usually ignore the fact that the only spells that will get through saves easily are the highest two levels of spells. Everything else goes bad fast. The lower level spell slots are only good for utility.

UC rogue blows NPC classes out of the water. Have you fucking looked at NPC classes. What about them is "slightly better". Fuck, even normal rogues.

People don't appreciate how shit NPC classes are. They literally do my have any class features except for the adept.

Leaves or uses spells with no save (a few of which exist) to try and lower his saves till he can hit him with a debilitating one. The wizard has defenses to guard against being hit, but really is playing a losing game unless he knew he was fighting a monk and prepared a kill list rather than a general daily adventuring list.

It also depends if the monk can fly.

>a reply to a troll post is deleted
>troll post still there

I fully understand what you're saying, but at the same time, why not scrub everything if it's an obvious troll that shouldn't get any responses? It's still a better conversation starter than a lot of stuff we've had for most threads this week.

If it's a monk, then he's got no problem. If it's an Unchained monk, he might be in some deep shit, because they can have dimensional Dervish by 11th or 13th level.

>> cut the number of spells wizards can cast in half per day
Yes, because people are having so much problems with wizards before they get 6th level spells.

More Legacy of Dragons info

Spells:
>There's a few more, and Apsu themed one, a Dahak themed one, one that gives you a tail, and one that makes touch attacks resolves against your normal AC.

>That Touch Attacks vs normal AC spell is single handedly going to save dragons from firearm related extinction. All of my dragons are going to mysteriously have that on their spell list now, lol.

>It lasts for minutes but once it's activated it only lasts until the end of the Caster's next turn, but still, a definite preserving tactic vs firearms.

>Also, your dragons might not need to "know" the spell, because no one has talked about just what the draconic spell descriptor does.... ;-)

>So what does the draconic spell descriptor do?

>At 5 HD creatures with the dragon type can add the spell to their spells known, and can add another at each additional HD after that.

>Does this work even for Dragonkins with levels in spontaneous classes like a Wyvaran Sorcerer or Inquisitor?

>It specifically calls out racial hit dice.

Wyvaran race:
>Speaking of Wyvarans, this book has a whole section on them. They get alternate racial traits, favored class bonuses, and racial feats.

Dragonheir Scion (Fighter Archetype):
>They gain draconic abilites and build off Arcane Strike and can buff it with elemental damage.

>So does this archetype grant spell slots, or does it assume that your character is multiclassed?

>you ignore the prerequisites for Arcane Strike.

Anything for Kineticists?:
>One of the Draconic Heritage feat options works better if you're a Kineticist, other than that nothing to my knowledge.

Dragonblood Chymist and Wyrm Singer:
>The Dragonblood Chymist becomes dragon-like, and Wrym Singer can cast form of the dragon on their allies. Other than that all the archetypes gain some form of draconic features or characteristics.

>Getting back to this (without copy/pasting obviously) the posts that were deleted were concerning sidebars in this book calling torture and casting Evil spells and that, yes, they are in fact evil acts.

Paizo's childish tantrum about this continues for another year.

>one that gives you a tail
TAILFUL POLYMORPH IS NOW PAIZO CONTENT.

More Horror Adventures
Deep One corruption:
>You must submerge yourself in seawater daily. If you don't do this or are targeted by an evil divine spell, you must make a Will save. If you fail, you blackout for 24 hours and progress in corruption. The first time you just move towards a sea or ocean. The second time, you make contact with an alien entity and become a Deep One Hybrid. The third time, you become a Deep One.

>Quick overview of manifestations:

>Bite attack, but you have trouble speaking/casting spells with verbal and thought components.

>Touch attack aboleth mucus thing, but you must be constantly submerged in seawater.

>Claws, but you smell like a low tide.

>Cold resistance and deep ocean survivability, but you take a Dex penalty on land.

>Darkvision and low-light vision, but light sensitivity.

>Amphibiousness, but you take a Charisma penalty.

>Gills that let you breathe underwater, but you are more susceptible to inhaled poisons.

>Ignoring concealment underwater due to muck, but you take a Perception penalty on land.

>Slow aging and a constitution bump, but you sleep 16 hours a day.

>Swimming ability, but your webbed hands give you penalties on Dex and Str checks on land.

The poor Medium:
>Medium does not have any new archetypes, just new legendary spirits.. again...

Artifacts:
>Cup of Forbidden Knowledge, Dark Grimoire, and the Elder Sign are the three artifacts listed and are all Minor Artifacts.

The Painting monster
>Trompe l’oeil is a template and armor bonus type changes if it's actually painted with armor or not, it can go into any painting it touches, and it will respawn as long as it's original painting is still intact.

Any word on the slayer archetypes from horror adventures? Anything worthwhile or interesting at least?

>firearm related extinction
Sure, fuck over gunslingers, why don't you.

Do you have the darkness corruption? CAn you just rip the pages from it man?

Slayer sounded like it had a pretty cool Witch Hunter kinda thing.

Sorry, just copy+pasting stuff from the Paizo forums. It might have been posted before in a previous thread though.

The only corruptions posted about have been lycanthrope, vampire, accursed, and deep one to my knowledge.

Slayer Archetypes:
>Slayers get Bloody Jake... Think of Wrong Turn (the bad B rated horror movies) or The Hills have eyes. They are essentially bumpkins who pray on country folk or those passing through.

>Must be evil *duh*

>They are basically built around terrorizing foes.

>Then we have the Family Hunter

>He is focused on studying a family rather than a specific target.

>Then we have Witch killer

>They get select barbarian rage powers and increase saving throws against arcane spell casters.

>Makes it harder for magic users to concentrate etc.

lich was up last page

If the witch killer gets normal/non-unchained rage powers that could be really good potentially. Wasn't quite a fan of the unchained barbarians not being able to hulk out and push a building over, but the stances were cool.

More Wyvaran:
>Do the wyvarans get alternate racial mods, energy resistance, a breath weapon, or spell powers?

>No, other than the feat Wyvaran Spellcasting, which lets Dragon sorcerers or clerics with the Dragon or Scalykind pick one of their bonus spells that they can cast ( one spell level lower than their highest) and gives it to them as a SLA 2/day

Humans:
>If you're interested in Draconic Eldritch Heritage there's an alternate human racial trait that lets you ignore the (non-level) prereqs for that chain.

Not dropping dead suddenly was kind of nice too.

That was a good trade off, admittedly!

Witch Killer needs minor alchemy and spellcasting if it wants to be literally a Witcher.

Witchers usually don't kill mages though, they usually fuck them.

So they're a bard archetype, is what you're saying.

>DepressedAnon's
Who was he again?

Dragonblood Chymist:
>They're based out of Kaer Maga, their Mutagen is STR focused and gives natural attacks, they must apply the explosive breath discovery to all their bombs, and gain Draconic resistances and immunities

>Unchained Swashbuckler
You have piqued my considerable interest.

see

What are the limits to prestidigitation?

Imagination

Can't imitate any other cantrip.

>he didn't take Raging Vitality

You had already dug your own grave if you lost a character to Sudden Barbarian Death Syndrome.

But like, could you make bread taste like chicken for example?

So you cant grab something like mage hand?

...Given that flavouring things is one of the explicitly defined uses, yes, user, you can use it to do what it says.

>But like, could you make bread taste like chicken for example?
Yup, that's totally in the confines. Though you're thinking too small. Make everything taste like chicken. ESPECIALLY CHICKEN
As for the magehand thing, you do get some telekinesis, but at a much lower weight cap

Wait wait wait. So you're telling me you can wash soiled garments with the spell too? Just because it explicitly calls it out as a potential effect?

Yes, you can. It explicitly does so.
You never need soap again.
Because fukken wizards mang

Thanks.

Whoosh.

Copypasting from that same thread because I'm an impatient fuck:

>What does the dragonhier scion get and what does it loose?
>They trade some skills, have to pick a Bloodline, and give up Bonus Feat 1, 3, 5, Bravery, all Armor Training, Armor Mastery, and Weapon Mastery.
>They get an upgradeable Arcane Strike, Natural Armor and Energy Resistance, Dazzling Display, bonuses to Intimidate, wings they can use for as long as they like, and a capstone of immunities and Blindsense.

Whew, lads.
>mfw they keep weapon training
>mfw these guys sound cool as fuck
>mfw it'll probably be shit, but it still sounds cool anyway

It just says that you can lift it, not move it besides it says youre not allowed to copy other spells

Wouldnt it just be like seasoning things? Everything the spell makes is shitty so why should it make complex flavors?

Prestidigitation cannot duplicate any spell effect, cannot break concentration, and cannot do damage.

They're pretty clear cut.
>d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/prestidigitation

more detiaeld info from paizo thread; Dragonheir Scion Fighter archetype, trade out some skills, have to pick a Bloodline, and give up Bonus Feat 1, 3, 5, Bravery, all Armor Training, Armor Mastery, and Weapon Mastery. Gain an upgradeable Arcane Strike, Natural Armor and Energy Resistance, Dazzling Display, bonuses to Intimidate, wings they can use for as long as they like, and a capstone of immunities and Blindsense.

fuck, you beat me too it, and with better formating

My boner for dragonblooded character options cannot be contained, user. Only 100% unadulterated disappointment could stop me, and this book looks like it'll only be 90% disappointment.

>loss of skills
>fighter
That right there makes it almost worth it.

Unchained Fighter and The Scholar Initiator class.

Also, the Witch archetype communes with a horde of loot instead of a familiar. No word on what else it changes yet.

Well, for one thing, the party will stop making crude jokes about the witch communing with small animals and start making crude jokes about what kind of "loot" she likes to commune with.

Hey guys. I joined Espagnoll's campaign, what am I in for?

Interesting idea.

My ancient elven witch may have just gotten an upgrade.

Shit railroading, apparently.

Half fey shotas with mommy issues, minmaxed touhous, and friendly gnoll submissives.

(Initializing log entry...)
Adventure Log #270716:
It's been three hours... I don't know how much longer we can go on. Morale is draining at a dangerous rate, our reserves have run dry.

Someone, anyone, if you're reading this...

Send us a quality GM. Quickly... before h-
(Log entry terminated.)

>Fighter
>Losing even more class skills
I fail to compute the reason behind this

I think it's more like "You lose Knowledge (dungeoneering) as a Class Skill, and gain "Knowledge (arcana)" rather than "You don't get class skills."

With 2 skill points per level and Int as a dump stat, skills really don't matter to fighters.

Given that it'll probably be something for something like knowledge arcana like says it's not that bad. Arcana's more useful than dungeoneering anyway most of the time.

Ok I'm sorry, I dont really like doing this but I really need people to share some empathic pain with.
>Trying to explain how infernal healing 1 works to your GM

That hurt me on a base level, user. It really did.