Age of Sigmar lore appreciation thread

AoS' pantheon and origin story is actually the coolest thing that has happened in Fantasy since the Slann were grimderped to shit.
Any arguments against?

>Any arguments against?
There's no actual story about the origins of said pantheon: they were once superdudes in the old setting and woke up as gods later on.

I find more interesting the little things about the factions like the premises behind the bonesplitterz and the flesh eater courts; but apart from those it's a pretty big "meh".

>Age of Sigmar lore appreciation thread

HA HA HA HA HA

A HA HA HA HA

HA

Regardless of how you want to argue pantheons vs. pantheons, the lore is shit because it goes no further than that.

It's lore made to keep selling what they had, and to sell what will come, all comfortably in the power of copyright.

10/10 bait, almost 5/7.

God I miss old Sigmar. No one really remembers the fluff on him and assumes he was just an Emprah-clone like today, but he was way cooler.

I really liked how in the old fluff despite everything being very "age of legends" he still came off as very human - a guy who fucked up, felt bad, struggled with his role, but one out in the end by being metal as fuck.

Yeah, I always liked how much of Conan ripoff he was. There was no santity, goodness or deity on him, he was just a grumpy barbarian.

It's shaping up to be much better than the End Times.

Nope. It's actually more interesting than whatever direction 40k is heading in at the moment.

I'm trying to decide which is more unpopular Age of Smegmar or the new Ghostbusters film.

Age of Sigmar is much more endearing than the new Ghostbusters. I don't think Age of Sigmar was marketed with such much bullshit either.

I actually really like it when I divorce it from the old setting.

A great barbarian, despite his flaws, became a king, then an Emperor, and later a God. His worshippers believed him benevolent, all loving, and through that faith he became a better man who did what he could to save them.

When the world ended, he refused to. And so a great new age began! Heroes across the universe were sent forth as agents of the Thunder God to save everything! Your allies, the mighty orcs still count you as friends, but have forged their own path. Your uneasy allies the undead travel a new road that will yet lead them to an unknown destination. And now your eternal enemies, the forces of Chaos and Ruin return to destroy all that you know and the Thunder God has made anew! It is up to you in this new age of myth and magic to reforge the links of destiny and order, and bring forth a peace unseen to the 8 realms. Battle Death! Destroy Destruction! And bring Order to Chaos!

>No one really remembers the fluff on him and assumes he was just an Emprah-clone like today

AoS fluff is full of Sigmar the Barbarian though.

This.

WHFB fluff has also been in a decline for at least a decade and I didn't see it improving very much. It was probably best to put it to sleep instead of watching it fade away.

also unlike big E he's actually accomplishing some worthwhile shit, and also doesnt deny his divinity and wears it for the sake of the greater good, knowing that humans along cannot wage war on gods without one on their side

Sure. What is your guys favorite location in the setting?

Personally, I like Azyr. The way its described is like a giant series if green vallies, always under a twilight sky filled with stars. There are hundreds of thousands of villages, towns and cities, all of which have known relative peace for centurues. Then you have the giant golden fortress of Sigmar, including the one surronding Malus, the core of the old world, that float across the heavens. Azyrheim though, especially, sounds pretty awesome. Its like the second level of Spyro the Dragon, Twilight Garden.

This image will never not be hard to look at.

defiantly not death

I really like beastman models but their lore doesn't appeal to me at all

What lore ;_;

they hate civilization and the most cultured things about them are the cultures growing in the shit they smear all over themselves and everything else

like seriously? that is generic npc fodder material

I get they are baddies, but come on at least try

I'm in AoS for Nagash. Loved Nagash back in the day, sold my army when they excised him from the lore and split my precious undead into mummies and vampires, bought back into undead when Nagash returned with the end times.

I won't claim AoS lore is better or even as good as old fantasy lore, and I was actually kind of frustrated with now Nagash in particular was portrayed in the lore until very recently... but then with the last book they 'revealed' his plan and... it's ok. Not sure it was actually intended all along or was just an author saving throw, but at least he feels like his old self again.

Yeah, it's a bit frustrating that all of the important named undead characters right now are old world holdovers, nobody tied to the new setting to help me get invested in it, but the deadite characters that are there are all pretty fun, and I look forward to spending more time with them.